Congress, get the hint!

Karma

Heart Attack
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,430
Location
Outside of time and space
Congress Approval Rating 15: Poor Ratings Trend Continues

----------------

There are many obvious why the approval rating is so low that according some other polls, satan, the bubonic plague & even cockroaches ranked higher than the current session of congress in popularity & this isn't something that can be blamed on the president.

voters, imo, have THEMSELVES to blame for electing ppl who rouintely prove they are NOT interested in doing their job (working FOR their constituents), being able to compromise & reach across the aisle & NOT catering special interest/corporations & the rich.voting against self interest.

that's why you have ppl in parts of the south that rank among the poorest & most economically hostile for places to live & yet they KEEP voting "red" despite the evidence that those congressional reps are NOT working for them.
 
I agree with you. Voters are not well versed enough in the candidates to pick ones who might actually do something. Frankly, though I feel like nowadays there are no good choices. Anyone who might do a decent job can't afford to mount a campaign.
 
I agree with you. Voters are not well versed enough in the candidates to pick ones who might actually do something. Frankly, though I feel like nowadays there are no good choices. Anyone who might do a decent job can't afford to mount a campaign.


part of that goes back to what I was saying in the political party quiz thread. in our country, we have to choose between voting for who we really want/believe in OR having our vote be counted & in order for our votes to be counted, we have to vote for either 1 of 2 parties.

Myself for example, I am a "GREEN PARTY" member @ heart. their core beliefs are mine even before I researched them & saw how some of their belief statements matched my sentiments exactly. & while they have made small key gains on local level politics, currently no green party member holds a high profile elected position/federal position & If I vote for them in general or mid term elections, its basically throwing my vote away. I hate that feeling.
 
Back
Top