Goal

Clara Oswald

Oswin!
Staff member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
4,648
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Just back from seeing this one - I have to admit I really liked it. There are some bits that make you slap your head lol, but for the most part it's well done. I cared at least about what happened.

One problem is that they clearly re-dubbed over the curse words so they could get a PG rating here, and you can totally tell.

Most everything else though, unless you are a football fan, you wouldn't notice. Like the cheesy Real Madrid player cameos, and the fact that they used game footage from two years ago so there's players there that conspicuously don't play for those teams anymore. And that the Newcastle players iirc wear suits for traveling not their Adidas training suits lol

The other thing that distracted me but probably wouldn't have that effect on anyone else is that most of the soundtrack is Oasis, and they're City fans, so that felt weird to me lol
 
Back
Top