Give me a break. Seriously. EVERYONE is judged by their appearance EVERY DAY. That is the society we live in.
I'm on the fence w/ this b/c I think SOME ppl are judged for their appearance (fat, pale, dark etc) , i think WOMEN in general are judged more harshly for their appearence than men, but appearance is one thing, race is another. how you look vs your skin color (in America) are two different things & that does factor into how ppl are treated good or bad in this country.
You are judging me right now because I'm white.
how was he doing that?
I have been passed over for jobs because of how I look. In this case, that officer is being judged because he is WHITE. There was no way that officer could have been found not guilty and it be acceptable, just because he is white. Despite the overwhelming forensic evidence.
I've been passed over for jobs b/c of my age & gender but never b/c of my race. that's not something I've faced & that's not something most whites in America face. there are many things whites DON'T have to face or worry about. white privilege.
The focus SHOULD be on loss of life and why its happening. This whole thing is a tragedy and this SHOULD be a call to work to solve the problems so it doesn't have to happen again. Were there mistakes made in Ferguson? Yes, probably. Did the grand jury bring the correct verdict? Yes, I think so. Protest all you want, but protest the right things and keep violence out of it. Do the rules of what's acceptable force for police need to be changed? Do officers need to be better trained to deal with threats without using their firearms? Let's look at changing the 95% of blacks who are killed in this country that are at the hands of other blacks. Let's shine a light on how ludicrous it is that so many people straight out LIED to the authorities about what they saw that night. These are the changes and discussions that should come out of this, not hypocrisy and more violence.
Whites kill whites @ a rate of 78-85% depend on which crime reporting agency stats you read in recent months. I don't understand how "black on black" crime factors into the very real problem of police officers brutalizing & murdering unarmed black men?
Rioting & looting aren't okay BUT again, what about when WHITES do it...over things far less important? (sports, a PUMPKIN FESTIVAL!?) why is it that its painted as "letting off steam" but when it happens in a situation like Ferguson, it's this horrible, terrible thing. if it's bad, it should be bad across the board & like it or not, there ISN'T the same level of scrutiny applied to white rioting that is to black rioting.
Wilson's cowardice & bad choices shouldve been scrutinized more harshly. He painted Brown to be some scarey, giant, super powered black demon man that he couldn't possibly have handled & that he was the helpless well meaning officer...everytime I read or listen to his account...I roll my eyes so hard they could come out of my head! police officers take their jobs full well knowing that there will be risks. if Wilson or any other officer is that damn AFRAID, they need to sit their ass behind a desk. They should not get a pass for emptying their firearm into an unarmed man b/c the are AFRAID. that's a bunch of BS.
We definitely need to change some things b/c while ppl act like this cant happen to them, it can...regardless of skin color. Police officers don't walk on water & shouldn't be treated like they do. they should be held accountable for their actions. Further more, investigations & prosecution of police brutality & misconduct should be handled by a special prosecutor, not someone w/ any local ties or connections (as was the case in Ferguson where the prosecutor had suspiciously close ties to Wilson ). Let's talk about how key witnesses were omitted from the grand jury hearing & so, key testimony was never heard. There's LOTS to talk about & lots that does need to be changed.