Neve Campbell to "Scream" again?

Karma

Heart Attack
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,430
Location
Outside of time and space
Neve Campbell to Scream Again?
Source: Icons of Fright
March 7, 2006


Horror fansite Icons of Fright attended the Monster Mania convention in Cherry Hill, NJ this weekend and got updates about various projects.

Wes Craven told attendees that he recently had breakfast with Neve Campbell, who said she had recently spoken with the Weinsteins about coming back for Scream 4. Campbell apparently is seriously considering playing Sidney Prescott again in the highly-profitable franchise.

R. Lee Ermy was present and mentioned that the script for Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning was full of problems. "It was a tough read", he said, and originally refused the role until he could personally re-write his own dialogue for the prequel.

Don Shanks, who played Michael Myers in Halloween 5, also announced that he had been cast as the Fisherman in I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer.
 
Scream 4 I wouldn't mind as I LOVED Scream 1 and 2 and while I didn't think 3 lived up to the first two it wasn't horrible either. However, the I Know What You Did Last Summer movies were ALL horrid and I didn't really like the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre either.
 
I dont know about this really...Scream was the film that revitalized the horror movie genre in the mid to late 90's but then you had all these knock offs ("i know what you did last summer" etc) that came along and began to cheapen the impact that Scream had. Scream did so well at the box office that it was RE RELEASED in theatres before it came out on DVD..i remember that clearly...as it was something RARE for a horror movie to generate that kind of buzz and prolonged momentum.

Scream 2 was good, but Scream 3 was kind of far fetched....and so after the "ghost face killer" having been Billy and Stu; Billy's Mother and Mickey; and Ronan aka Sidney's brother...who ELSE could logically and reasonably fill that role? who else is left with a connection to Sidney and her mother?

I also wonder if Courtney Cox and David Arquette will reprise their roles.
 
I'm glad to see Neve could possibly star in this fourth installment. But I hope the Scream franchise will not over do it by having nine or ten films after this like Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and Friday the 13th.

I honestly thought after the ending of the third movie, it was completed but apparently not. Anyone who is left will probably be killed or turn out to be the killers. I really liked the first film the best, because it was so unexpected and the movie kept you guessing. In the other sequels you kind of knew because you experienced the original film for the first time.

And seriously, how many more "I know what you did last summer" movies can they make. I hardly picture Jennifer as the "strong survivor" compared to other leading lady heroines such as Ripley in Alien, Laurie in Halloween, Nancy in Nightmare.
 
Back
Top