Resident Evil: Extinction to Start in 2006

Dapper Dan

<i>Just A<br>D R E A M E R</i>
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
696
Location
VA
Resident Evil: Extinction to Start in 2006
February 8, 2006

Source: Variety

Resident Evil: Extinction, the third installment in the popular game-to-film franchise, is set to begin production in 2006. Russell Mulcahy (The Shadow, Highlander) will direct with Milla Jovovich reprising her starring role.

It was previously believed that the third film, written by Paul W.S. Anderson, would be titled Resident Evil: Afterlife. Reports said the movie would be set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with mutant zombies. The setting was the Nevada desert with the Aussie outback standing in for the American wasteland. In the final reel, the action would have shifted to Japan, setting up the fourth installment.

It's unclear now if Resident Evil: Extinction will follow that same storyline or whether or not a fourth film is still planned.
 
Hmmm, I hope they continue where the last storyline ended. I think I enjoyed the second film more than the first. And to leave it hanging would lose my interest. I've never played the games or anything so I don't know how the stories follow and such. I would personally like to see it pick up where it was left in a kinda cliff hanger.
 
I wonder if Jill Valentine will return. What an EXCELLENT partner for Alice to have by her side. I played a few of the games but admittedly i've fallen out of the loop now so i dont know whats happening on the video game front of Resident Evil.
 
the movies were based loosely on the games. I wish they would do RE:Code Veronica. that was one of the best in the series.
 
Ok, slightly off-topic, but I saw the trailer for this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370032/ Ultraviolet, and before I saw the title I though it was the next RE movie. It looks like almost the same plot (manufactured virus creates super-people and/or zombies) but with no connection to a video game (as far as I know). It even has Milla Jovovich (as a brunette!). I swore up and down it was RE until I saw the title. WHat's up with that?

(BTW: I agree, 'Binder, Jill Valentine rocks my socks.)
 
Well I personally hope they make the next movies like the games. In the 2nd film, I was so confused... Nemesis, a good guy? Come on! I am not really a fan of the games but I do know a whole lot about them. And they have some really cool characters and stories that I want to see made a movie. And I will also say that it would be cool if they made a movie on Code Veronica. Oh yeah, Jill Valentine is a awesome! I would LOVE to see her in a movie!
 
Back
Top