Rumor of Serenity Sequel

Mat

Rising Star
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
277
Location
The Verse
Exclusive: A Serenity Sequel?

This one's for the Browncoats.


by IGN FilmForce


December 1, 2005 - IGN FilmForce has heard that, although it was very disappointed in the poor boxoffice showing for Serenity, Universal may not have retired Captain Malcolm Reynolds and his renegade crew just yet.


Sources said that, given the strong sales of the TV series Firefly on DVD, Universal is planning a sequel film to Serenity that will be produced with and to broadcast premiere on the Sci Fi Channel, which is part of the NBC Universal family.

The project is said to be a lower budget undertaking streamlined for the small-screen.

IGN FilmForce checked with Joss Whedon's camp who denied the claim; Universal did not comment.

Time will tell if this rumor pans out.
 
Heard this over on Buffy boards and just about hyperventilated, lol. I'm stoked!! Although I'd much rather have new episodes, but I'll take what I can get!! If I end up getting anything....sigh.
 
I loved the film and plan to get it on DVD once it's out, more would be wonderful... Which reminds me, the episodes from before never seem to be available when I try and rent them, don't suppose you've got them that I could ste-... borrow do you, 'Chovy?
 
Of course I doo, sweetpea. i'll be home for Christmas no later than the 16th, so we can have a nice big SHindig and watch the unaired eppies on my dad's big screen. (Jim's going to be in CHina, so we're cool there.)

(ps, please ignore the typo's Kate's had too much to drink again ;) )
 
Back
Top