So Many Sequels, So Much Gossip

Dapper Dan

<i>Just A<br>D R E A M E R</i>
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
696
Location
VA
proxy.php
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So Many Sequels, So Much Gossip[/font]
Posted: Tuesday June 27th, 2005 11:41pm
Source: Assorted Sources
Author: Garth Franklin

Lots of sequel talk is floating around today and for once, it all seems quite legit rather than overanxious conjecture:

Charlie & The Great Glass Elevator
Don't expect the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" sequel anytime soon. Speaking with press in the Bahamas this past weekend, Freeze Dried Movies reports that Tim Burton flatly replied "No" when asked if he was interested in adapting Roald Dahl's sequel book "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator". Depp is busy filming the next of the "Pirates of the Carribean" movies and has no set plans after - Burton is likewise uncommitted after "The Corpse Bride" although it sadly doesn't look as though Oyster Boy will be getting a big-screen debut soon.

Hellboy 2
Ron Perlman attended the London Film and Comic Con this past weekend and when asked about a sequel, he told Hollywood News that "'d love to be in Hellboy 2. That's to the first question. Guillermo del Toro is off in Spain right now doing another film, and that's the reason why Hellboy 2 is not in production yet. I would imagine that if everything goes according to plan, we'll be in production Christmas time, and shooting the picture maybe January or February of next year. That means that in December 2006 or January 2007, there will be a Hellboy 2 in your stocking."

Master & Commander 2
At the same convention mentioned above, Billy Boyd talked to THN about the possibilities of further adventures of Capt. Jack Aubrey - "There are like 21 books of Master and Commander, and Fox already own the ship so a lot of people, I think were confused as to why there hasn't been a sequel yet. We'll just have to wait and see. There is talk of it and Peter Weir said that I won't die in the next one, but he said I will die in the third one. So I've still got another movie, and then I've got a death scene! So great! I hope they make another one. Then I can go surfing again in Mexico."

X3
DP Films reports the role of Kitty Pride is being recast, which means it looks like "Lost" blond starlet Maggie Grace is out of the role of the girl who can walk through walls.

Thanks to 'Brad', 'Paul' & 'DP'
 
I was actually reading about X3 lastnight! Lol, how weird. Here's some of what I read:

Villain Notes: (4/13/05) Up until now, there really hasn't been much word about what new villains may show up in this movie. Magneto and his crew (Mystique, etc.) are sure things in some capacity, and the ending of the second movie clued us in that Dark Phoenix (AKA Jean Grey) will probably be included as well. Now, however, emerging rumors/reports covered by both AICN suggest that Brit tough guy actor Vinnie Jones is in talks to play a new villain, and that villain will be... the Juggernaut. See my commentary to the right for more details on ol' Juggy.


Cast: Hugh Jackman (Logan, AKA Wolverine), Patrick Stewart (Professor Charles Xavier), Shawn Ashmore (Bobby Drake, AKA Iceman), Halle Berry (in talks) (Ororo Munroe, AKA Storm), Daniel Cudmore (Piotr Rasputin, AKA Colossus), Alan Cumming (Kurt Wagner, AKA Nightcrawler), Famke Janssen (Dr. Jean Grey), James Marsden (Scott Summers, AKA Cyclops), Sir Ian McKellen (in talks) (Erik Lensherr, AKA Magneto), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Mystique), Kelsey Grammer (Dr. Hank McCoy/Beast), Vinnie Jones (Juggernaut); other cast not announced or confirmed as signed yet. *****SIDE NOTE: Kelly Hu revealed recently that she is signed on for a sequel, but there is no word yet about whether that would be 'X3' (or 'X4' or 'X5,' etc.).******
 
Back
Top