A debutante ball for Blaze Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liquid Crystal Images / Clandestine Intelligence

"Alright everyone, take your seats. Let's get started. Cassandra, what have you got for me?"

Cassandra: No major disasters really. I sent a photographer out to Paris to join the surveillance team you've stationed there. We should have visual documentation on that target within the next day or two. On the domestic front, Maria Hill called from SHIELD. She says they want to do promotional propaganda for the Avengers Initiative. I'm guessing they are trying to capitalize on this little wave of support they've gotten following the defense of the city?

"Yeah, well they can just EAT ME, because we don't need to be any MORE conspicuous right now. There's enough bullshit as it is. I can't go anywhere without having to sign people's titties. They need to leave it alone or it will bite them in the ass."

Cassandra: So I'll politely decline to bid on the job opportunity then.

"Please. And I'll call Hill and talk her down from this PR blowjob she's trying to give."

Cassandra: Great. The only other significant-to-you news is that Cameron called about doing some photo shoots and an ad campaign for Blaze Victory's new brand. Wasn't she a friend of yours? Did she get married? I thought her last name was something else.... field-something?

"Yeah, that's a long ass story."

Cassandra: Right, well I said of course, we'd be happy to do it. He insists on paying the usual fee. Other than that, LCI is coasting along nicely, disguising all your nefarious dealings with our overpriced services.

"Excellent. Gavin?"

Gavin: We're all filthy rich, and you, my dear, are filthy stinking rich.

Gavin Greeley, her finance man. Great sense of humor, for an accountant, and a sexy British accent.

Gavin: No, but really. Monthly gross income is right on target for our quarterly statement. I freed up the funds for Logan's care package, he said you'd ordered it yourself?

"That is affirmative."

Gavin: THEN it's Hazel's money now. Also, I just sent out everybody's tax forms.... so live in fear of the IRS, people. I'll be happy to look over anyone's personal taxes, as always. I'm still working on preparing the company's tax filing, but I'll forward it to you when I'm done, if you wish.

"Not necessary, I trust you. What about that operative we suspected was skimming from us?"

Gavin: Hard to prove one way or the other. There hasn't been any suspicious bank deposits from him.

"Then I guess we won't be torturing him after all. Griff?"

Griffin Ackerman, her field operations Captain. He was a gruff looking tough guy, a real special forces type, who took his command seriously.

Griffin: I lost contact with our team in Syria.... I'm planning on sending someone in to recon the situation.

Zach: You know, the Geneva talks have basically failed. They may have gone radio silent because the situation is getting worse.

Griffin: Well we can't exactly authorize the hits without knowing the situation.

"Sometimes we have to trust the judgement of our agents in the field, Griff. I know you don't like it when they fly by the seat of their pants, and I don't like all those unknown variables myself, but we've got some of the best operatives in the world."

Charlotte: I've made sure of it.

Griff: I hope you're right, Charlie. So do you want me to hold off on the Recon, Director?

"If you don't hear from them in the next 24 hours, follow your instincts, Captain. I promoted you because you have a reputation for making the correct call. Charlotte, you're up."

Charlotte Warwick, Haleigh's Human Resources exec. She seemed timid, but was actually quite tenacious and an enthusiastic people-person.

Charlotte: Turnover is down from last year, and we have a flood of new applicants now the most of the troops have finished their tours of duty for the government. I'll be hiring another twenty or so, unless you object.

"Whatever you think is appropriate, Charlie."

Charlotte: Great! In that case, the only other thing is a sexual harassment report between an agent and his handler, but it's being dealt with promptly. It really sounds like a misunderstanding, but we are taking it seriously.

"As well we should. What about this Obama-care deal? Is that going to cause us any grief in the benefits department?"

Charlotte: Not really. I'll have to submit some paperwork, but we surpass all the standards. Jasper has really made sure that our insurance plans are top notch.

"I won't worry about it, then. Sebastian, I'm hoping for an update on the heads-up display you've been developing."

Dr. Sebastian Benedict, an engineering genius who always wore a mischievous look, nodded and spoke.

Sebastian: Google glass makes me laugh every time I read the press release. Those bulky, expensive headpieces might make a splash with the rich hipsters, but we've got the best tech hands down. After careful study of the systems report you gave me on your personal HUD, I've managed to get ours onto contact lenses, finally, and I'm ready to send them out for beta testing. Any volunteers? (Everyone raises their hands, with the exception of Haleigh) Excellent. I'll hand them out then.

"I'd like a report on all our different power suppression technology, also."

Sebastian: I'll have it to you ASAP.

"Thank you."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After lunch with her mother, Ava had some time to kill before she had to meet back up with the others. And frankly, she didn't want to lay around all day in her empty apartment. It's not like she could take a NAP. Deciding to burn off some energy, Ava headed down to the Danger Room. Dressed in a matching sports bra and short set, with some black Nike sneakers, she began to stretch her one arm across her body while craning her neck to the side.

"Computer...."

Pausing for a moment, she began to think of what program she wanted to do.

"Load program Armstrong Delta 224."

The danger room began to pixelate around Ava before loading the program. Ava was now standing in a boxing gym complete with track, ring, and numerous punching bags. It was a program Ava had walked in on Mike doing a while back. It was something different...something that would definitely release some pent up anxiety. There were even some holograms of other people training in the ring and other portions of the gym to make it seem more realistic.

Walking up to one of the punching bags, Ava began to put on some woman's boxing gloves, velcroing them securely around her wrists. One of the holographic trainers came up behind the punching bag to hold it steady. Cracking her neck from side to side, Ava got into a fight stance before punching the bag with a swift jab. Then another jab with the other hand. Soon, she was going all out; punching, uppercutting, kicking, and completely letting loose on the punching bag.
 
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

Blaze said:
"Well I think you just MIGHT!"

Smiling with a wicked grin at the psionic succubuss as she joked. it was obvious Cass was not terribly inclined toward the boys "in that way"...RIGHT NOW

"The way you pick on him! It's a CLASSIC sign of a crush!"

Vivica joined in, filling Cass in on some of the blanks about the total picture that is Cameron. She also remaked on the changes in him that allowed him to step up in the capacity as a leader during a time of need in the Six.

"That night during the Blue Moon, right before my sister and Nicolas teleported to the Underworld, Morg was the one who called upon Cameron to step up and show the team what it meant to be a "Founding Member". Even she respects him now. He's come such a long way. I'm happy for him and relieved. I won't have to kick his ass!"

"Besides, I think he likes it rough...AMAZON style!"

Vivica said:
She nudged Cass from under the table.

"Ooh! Cass and Cameron sitting in a tree...F U C K I N G! Haha!"

[on Blaze's last statement. The "amazon" one]

"Ugh, Blaze! Don't remind me! But seriously look out Cass! You know how many women have been in your shoes, thinking Cameron was nothing but an unfuriating little school boy and then found themselves in BED with him? It's incredible really...I think THAT might be Cameron's superpower. The ability to bed women who could SNAP him in TWO!"

Sonofabitch.

:: She sighed. No matter how many times she denied, they would keep on teasing her. Oh well. She sighed again. ::

*dramatically*: “Oh, you guys are right. I want him. I want him BAD…”

:: She couldn’t keep up the façade any longer and HOWLED with laughter. ::

“Please. I heard about HIM. I’d probably need to be VACCINATED beforehand.”

:: The talk soon turned to girl on girl, but with Blaze…that was to be expected apparently. :p ::

Blaze said:
"Maybe you should be shuddering at YOURSELF, dirty girl! I wonder where YOUR mind went with that? I just wanna make sure you're being responsible while you're out here sucking face with every sally, jane and susie!"

Laughing at Cass as she stuck her tongue out.

:: Cass winked at Blaze. ::

“You WISH. I bet you’d just LOVE to give us BOTH a ‘sex’ talk…”

:: She winked at Vivica. ::

Blaze said:
"OR maybe she had help figuring HERSELF out!"

Rolling her tongue around her closed mouth as she looked rather knowingly at Vivica and then back at Cass with a soft laugh. It was well known which side of the fence Blaze was on and that she was quite comfortable and fluid with her sexuality. She also enjoyed scandalizing others with it as only she could. But perhaps what was most interesting is that she always had a way of bringing out the fire and passion in OTHERS, no matter which side of the fence they were on. This weekend had been proof of that, since just about everyone around her had engaged in salacious debauchery!

"And the same for YOU, my dear."

Squeezing Cass' hand back.

"Talk about getting caught up in the moment! You keep acting up and somebody might have go to give you a spanking! Cameron wont be the ONLY one walking around with a hand print on his bottom!"

:: Cass just shook her head. Blaze was certainly BOLD! But Cass was glad she took the first step and chatted up Blaze back on Aerie. She was lucky to have her as a friend. Vivica seemed SHOCKED her drinks were disappearing at a fast rate! ::

Blaze said:
"Are you trying to out drink me, Viv? Don't you know gluttony is a sin? Maybe you need a spanking too!"

Vivica said:
"I'm gonna NEED all this liquor for what appears to be shaping up as Spankfest 2014!"

:: Cass chuckled and made a toast. ::

Blaze said:
"I'll drink to that!"

"Here's to good drinks, beautiful women, great times and memories full of fire and passion!"

:: But before they could all clink their glasses, Vivica chimed in with another aspect! ::

Vivica said:
"I'd like to amend that! To good drinks, beautiful women, great FOOD, even better ART and HOT SEX!"

“A to the MEN! Or, should I say, WOMEN?”

:: Cass wiggled her eyebrows. :garrick: Talk turned to Nicolas and Dominique. ::

Vivica said:
"That seems a little odd right? Sue me but i've been keeping an eye on that since I saw them arrive. Dominique seemed a little nervous...which from what i've heard about her...is a little odd..."

“Nah, Sharon told me bits about their history. I bet she finds it weird to be seen with Nicolas in public of all places…”

:: Sharon did tell her about Nicolas and Dominique, as well as Set. But Cass didn’t say anything out loud in case Vivica didn’t know. They watched as the songstress left and Nicolas came over. ::

Nicolas said:

Hello ladies. I hope you are having a great morning. I could not walk past without speaking to such loveliness.

Vivica said:
"Hey Nicki! What's cookin' good looking?!"

Blaze said:
"Nicolas!"

But he seemed a bit...reserved. Almost pensive?

She KNEW something was off, she could feel it and even in his face, there was a look of something OTHER than his usual calm, handsome, mischievious demeanor.

"Come and sit by me!"

She pats the seat right next to her and as he sits, she reaches over and hugs him tightly.

"What are you drinking?"

“Nicolas! BUDDY!”

:: Okay. So she was drunk. She got up and teetered for a second and then she went and gave him a hug. ::

“Hi!”

Blaze said:
"Can we have several more ROUNDS? Add his to the order as well!"

"And how many times have i told you about dressing like a monk around me?"

Blaze immediately unbuttons several buttons on Nicolas' shirt

"Now, that's better!"

"Was that Dominique that just left here? Nicolas, your aunt is such a class act! I really appreciate her gift of song to me last night at the party.

"Are you okay? you look...and FEEL a bit concerned about something. "

No sooner that she asked that did Ava arrived, and soon after that, she was joined by another woman.

"Well...it seems like the club house is the hot spot today! But at least it's exclusive to us and we have an AMAZING view of the city from up here."

:: Cass turned and she did see Ava pass by their table. She noticed that the woman gave BLAZE a smile…and totally ignored her and Vivica. She laughed uproariously at that and turned to Viv. ::

“She ignored us BOTH! How rude!”

Nicolas said:
I will be fine Red. Just a lot of things going on at once. I will be fine, especially if you keep fussing over me...at some point I have no choice but to be OK.

Nicolas is laughing by now. He winks at Cass and could not help but to pat the lovely knee of Vivica as it sat right in front of him in a lovely dress.

So, you two managed to survive a Six party night. Congratulations. I hope you had fun. And Blaze?

She had finally finished whatever she was doing to his shirt and chest. He glanced down at the carnage to his office suit and just chuckled.

We need to get the particulars on the Belle Epoque show...it would be a good chance for us to do some mutually beneficial publicity and stake a claim Eastward at the same time. I have a proposal sent to your virtual office and CC'ed to Sally AND to your email as well Viv.

Vivica said:
"Now, Nicki...I don't want some big ass ordeal...Of course I want my debut as an artist to be successful...but at the end of the day, i'd like the WORK to speak for it's self...This is MY baby, she belongs to NOBODY else, and THIS bitch *points to herself* has got to do it her own way.."

[She looked at Cass and Blaze and laughed]

"Ya see what I was saying, girls? He's always planning some big expansion or plan! Boy take this downtime to work on the home fires!"

:: Talk turned to the mysterious woman meeting Ava… ::

Blaze said:
" I dont see the vacuum salesman with Ava, I wonder who that woman is with her?"

Blaze said as she eyed them both with curiosity.

“She’s pretty…”

Nicolas said:
That, my dear, is her mother. Demeter, the Greek goddess of agriculture, grain and the harvest...the reason why there ARE seasons. I have not known her to simply WALK the Earth. I hope that everything is all right.

Nicolas knew that Demeter COULD have simply chosen to BE here. And that is not an issue in and of itself. But her presence COMBINED with Athena's gift and warning to him gave him something else to be concerned about. He filed it away to ponder later. Time to deflect.

*stupidly*: “DEMETER? The Greek goddess?!”

:: She should have known. Ava was PERSEPHONE, and Persephone was Demeter’s daughter. She chuckled at her stupidity. ::

Blaze said:
"Wow. THAT is Demeter!? Well some of these so called historians and greek scholars must have been HIGH on drugs when they drew/sculpted various images of her. She looks AMAZING!"

Blaze smiled widely as Vivica, Cass and even NICOLAS stared at her in disbelief. Was she ACTUALLY "checking out" another GODDESS like "that"? :D

"Hey! My eyes are OPEN! They're bound to look SOMEWHERE and I believe in admiring art and beauty, in ALL it's forms!"

:: Cass managed to look scandalized and then laughed. ::

“Oh, BLAZE, you’re too much!”

Nicolas said:
I am sure everything is FINE. Let's give them their space. In any case, I take it with the alcohol flowing that no one wanted to join me in Fiji for a jog or some fun in the sun?

:: He looked at Cass knowingly and she looked back at him. ::

*drunk*: “Oh, I don’t think I can straight a walk line like this…I mean, WALK a STRAIGHT line…”

Vivica said:
"Boy?! Bye! I'm sipping on this champs and then I'm taking my ass HOME for a nap...and THEN?! It's off to the gallery! She may be a successful Art Dealer, but she still has to put in those long hours!"

Blaze said:
"Seems that great minds think alike, Nic."

Blaze says as she happily pops a few large black grapes into her mouth

"I already told Viv I'd mention her to Sally today. I have a meeting with her and Cameron in just a little while. Glad I don't have far to go to get to the meeting! Gives me more time to enjoy another drink...or two!"

"Aww, give Nic a break Viv."

She winked at Vivica and squeezed Nicolas a bit

"His mind is ALWAYS aBLAZE with ideas and plans."

"He's always looking for ways to maximize a positive effect! You should've SEEN the way Sally remarked on the pieces of your artwork he purchased for her flagship office. Morgan was quite pleased with the one he presented to HER as a gift for her new office at Spectra Couture as well."

"Your gallery already has an air intimacy and exclusivity about it, since you're a cut above the rest in your field. Even just having a well placed public endorsement from Sally Spectra won't hurt that. If anything, you and your gallery would gain a tremendous publicity boon for you on the elite fashion and art circuit. AND if you were to wear one of HER designs at your opening?"

: : Cass noticed Demeter standing up and coming towards them all with a warm smile on her face. ::

WHAT? She’s not at all like Ava…

*whispers*: “They’re coming over, guys!”

Demeter said:
"Nicolas! What a sight for sore eyes."

"It's good to see you again.”

“I know I have yet to meet you Blaze, but I considered your counterpart a very brave and carefree soul. I can see those same qualities radiate from you as well."

- Noting the other two woman, whom she had never seen before. Smiling at them. -

"How incredibly rude of me...I'm Demeter, it's very nice to meet you."

Blaze said:
Without hestitation, Blaze embraced Demeter and returned her cheek-to-cheek kiss

"Thank you, Demeter! It's an honor to meet you like this!"

"It's wonderful to know that my cross-time alternate had a favorable impact on you. I will definitely pick up where she left off."

And with that, Blaze couldn't help but get ONE little joke in on Ava.

"So, Demeter? Are you here to put Ava on punishment for her escapades last night? I could show you the latest copy of TMZ if you'd like to see! "

:: Cass couldn’t help but snicker. ::

*giggling*: “It’s nice to meet you, too, Demeter. I’m Cass.”

Ava said:
"Mom...we should go."

:: Ava sneakily gave Blaze the finger and Blaze responded with a rude gesture of her own! Cass quickly covered Blaze’s mouth with her own…and Blaze promptly gave it a suggestive lick. ::

*hisses*: “BLAZE!”

Demeter said:
"Yes, of course. I do need to get back. Well it was a pleasure! Have a good rest of the day."

Blaze said:
"Oh the pleasure was ours, 'She who shapes the earth!'"

“You too!”

Blaze said:
"I tell ya, NEVER a dull moment in the Parthenon!"

Looking at her Iphone

"And speaking of which, I better get going! It's almost time for me to meet with Sally and Cameron!"

"I'll see you at Mandala a little later, Cass and maybe you too, Vivica?"

:: Cass was shocked when Blaze accompanied her hug with a kiss on the lips! ::

“Yeah, totally. Looking forward to it!”

Blaze said:
"And Nic, I'll see you and everyone else tonight at the dinner!"

Hugging him and giving him a kiss on the lips before stepping back and sizing him up.

"Yeah. Demeter's right, YOU can get away with "covering up" a bit too! I bet Morg has fun RIPPING those clothes off of you too, right chocolate kiss?"

Her classic pet name for Nicolas from her own timeline that she carried over to this one.

"See you all later!"

:: Shaking her head, Cass watched her go. She turned to her two companions. ::

“SHE may think it’s never a dull moment at The PARTHENON but methinks it’s never a dull moment with HER around!”

:: She turned to Nicolas. ::

“To answer you earlier comment, last night was the SECOND Six party I attended. Remember? AERIE?”

:: She laughed…again! ::

“I can’t remember laughing this much before! Thanks you guys. I REALLY needed this.”

:: Actually if she really tried, she would’ve remembered all those days back in England with her ex. But Cass had fought HARD with herself to ‘push’ those memories down. She wasn’t going to go back THERE. That was the PAST and this was NOW. ::
 
A Glorious Afternoon

Blaze said:
Blaze smirked and laughed softly as she finished off her latest drink and had a refreshed one immediately brought over to her.

"Aww, give Nic a break Viv."

She winked at Vivica and squeezed Nicolas a bit

"His mind is ALWAYS aBLAZE with ideas and plans."

"He's always looking for ways to maximize a positive effect! You should've SEEN the way Sally remarked on the pieces of your artwork he purchased for her flagship office. Morgan was quite pleased with the one he presented to HER as a gift for her new office at Spectra Couture as well."

"Your gallery already has an air intimacy and exclusivity about it, since you're a cut above the rest in your field. Even just having a well placed public endorsement from Sally Spectra won't hurt that. If anything, you and your gallery would gain a tremendous publicity boon for you on the elite fashion and art circuit. AND if you were to wear one of HER designs at your opening?"

Blaze whistles like a coyote as she and Nicolas laugh.

"I know...I'm just giving him a hard time..I really appreciate your interest in my work and the gallery..Sorry if it came off in any other way than that. I just get a little on edge whenever talk of public EVENTS happen...considering the LAST time my name had been in the press...I won't have those bloodhounds sniffing around again!"

[taking a sip]

"So...of course copy me over the information and I'm sure we can work something out, Nicki!"

She blew him an air kiss.

Blaze said:
What an interesting development. First Dominique Deveraux, who Blaze felt a sense of urgency and anticipation from last night, which was unknowingly confirmed by Vivica herself just now; and NOW, the appearence of Demeter, Persephone's mother!? Of the goddesses that DID appear before the Six for avarious reasions, Demeter was the one RARELY seen!

"Wow. THAT is Demeter!? Well some of these so called historians and greek scholars must have been HIGH on drugs when they drew/sculpted various images of her. She looks AMAZING!"

Blaze smiled widely as Vivica, Cass and even NICOLAS stared at her in disbelief. Was she ACTUALLY "checking out" another GODDESS like "that"?

"Hey! My eyes are OPEN! They're bound to look SOMEWHERE and I believe in admiring art and beauty, in ALL it's forms!"

Shaking her head and pretending to look "innocent" as she laughed and took another gulp of her refreshed passion fruit mimosa.

"Yeah...I guess art and sculpture definitely DON'T compare to seeing her in the flesh! Yowza!"

[at Blaze's obvious checking out of Demeter]

"My God, Blaze! You are worse than a MAN!"

It was incredibly interesting to see Demeter who seemed to be an exact OPPOSITE version of her daughter. But then again, Demeter historically hadn't gone through what Persephone did, to the LEVEL that Persephone did. As Demeter came closer and introduced herself to the group, Vivica was in awe. For whatever reason when she looked at AVA, she didn't necessarily see HER as Persephone the GODDESS...but Ava Cassadine...daughter of Stavros, severe and serious...always in black. Her mother seemed to RADIATE as much warmth as Blaze and she was friendly...playful even.

"Well...maybe deep down Ava DOES possess a good quality here and there...I mean if she came from someone like THAT?! It's GOTTA be there..."

Cass: They're coming over here!

Blaze said:
Without hestitation, Blaze embraced Demeter and returned her cheek-to-cheek kiss

"Thank you, Demeter! It's an honor to meet you like this!"

"It's wonderful to know that my cross-time alternate had a favorable impact on you. I will definitely pick up where she left off."

And with that, Blaze couldn't help but get ONE little joke in on Ava.

"So, Demeter? Are you here to put Ava on punishment for her escapades last night? I could show you the latest copy of TMZ if you'd like to see! "

They others KNEW she was referring to Ava and SIMON in particular. Cass and Vivica couldn't help but snicker and Nicolas almost choked on his drink as he covered his mouth. Blaze herself continued to smile sweetly as if she had asked a simple, mild question, KNOWING that Ava would probably open the skies and make it rain on ALL of them now.

"Blaze! You're AWFUL!"

Vivica rolled her eyes for a moment. Of all the times to drag Ava's sexploits into the street, she chose the time when she was MEETING the woman's MOTHER for the first time? Vivica wasn't the biggest fan of Ava but even SHE wouldn't have been THAT outrageous. Demeter and Ava made their exits.

Blaze said:
What an interesting day this has turned out to be so far! So many unusual sightings and visits!

"I tell ya, NEVER a dull moment in the Parthenon!"

Looking at her Iphone

"And speaking of which, I better get going! It's almost time for me to meet with Sally and Cameron!"

"I'll see you at Mandala a little later, Cass and maybe you too, Vivica?"

Standing up and giving them both hugs and light kisses on the lips!

"And Nic, I'll see you and everyone else tonight at the dinner!"

Hugging him and giving him a kiss on the lips before stepping back and sizing him up.

"Yeah. Demeter's right, YOU can get away with "covering up" a bit too! I bet Morg has fun RIPPING those clothes off of you too, right chocolate kiss?"

Her classic pet name for Nicolas from her own timeline that she carried over to this one.

"See you all later!"

Waving as she struts off and soon disappears from view, making her way to meet Cameron and Sally in just a little bit.

"You've got THAT right..I've seen more people from my past in the last twenty four hours than I have in the last few YEARS!"

Blaze looked at her iPhone and indicated that she needed to leave.

[about meeting her later]

Cass: Yep, totally looking forward to it!

"I really wish I could hot stuff...but i've got business of my own to attend to! I WISH!

And with that Blaze bid adieu to the group and was gone leaving Vivica, Cassandra and Nicolas.

Cass said:
:: Shaking her head, Cass watched her go. She turned to her two companions. ::

“SHE may think it’s never a dull moment at The PARTHENON but methinks it’s never a dull moment with HER around!”

:: She turned to Nicolas. ::

“To answer you earlier comment, last night was the SECOND Six party I attended. Remember? AERIE?”

:: She laughed…again! ::

“I can’t remember laughing this much before! Thanks you guys. I REALLY needed this.”

:: Actually if she really tried, she would’ve remembered all those days back in England with her ex. But Cass had fought HARD with herself to ‘push’ those memories down. She wasn’t going to go back THERE. That was the PAST and this was NOW. ::

[about Blaze]

"Now THAT is an understatement..."

She thought for a moment, deciding to tease Nicolas and Cass in a Blaze like way.

"She definitely knows how to turn up the HEAT...and she's not so bad to wake up to the next morning either!" :p

She winked and downed the rest of her champagne.

[to Cass]

"Yes, it's been really love me...but if you'll excuse me...I have to get down to the gallery and check in on some things!"

She stood up, smoothing out her dress as he went over to Cass and gave her a kiss on each cheek.

"I have a feeling you guys will be here for awhile..I'll make sure you have my number in case you want to hang out or look at some interesting galleries in the city."

Vivica walked over to behind where Nicolas was sitting and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a big kiss on the cheek.

"And you, my dear! Thanks for a good time last night and an even better afternoon! I'll be seeing you around!"

And with that, Vivica bid farewell to Cass and Nicolas and made her way into the elevator. As she zoomed down the floors with great speed she leaned against the wall. She had seen and connected with so many people since she had been back in the city...but there was one person she knew she wanted to see before he was back in Los Angeles and preoccupied. She took out her swarovksi crystal encrusted iPhone and sent a text.

Text to Zachary Armani said:
"Hey Boy Scout...missed you last night at the party for Blaze. Would love to meet you for coffee and catch up? Meet me at the cafe across the street from my gallery in an hour?"

The elevator doors opened as Vivica stepped out into the world, heading straight for a taxi that took her to her Gallery. She spent the next several minutes on the phone with prospective buyers for her current exhibition and taking applications from people requesting to be interns. A good gallery internship was COVETED by women in the city. A year in a good gallery and their dreams could come TRUE.

Once she had put a little bit of work in, she popped across the street to a quaint and private cafe called Dolce. They had delicious espresso beverages and italian pastry. Ordering herself a Doppio Con Pana, she sat down at a table in the corner and waited, pulling her phone out to see if she had missed any messages.
 
Liquid Crystal Images / Clandestine Intelligence

"Hazel?"

Hazel Rutherford, the Captain of company armament, in charge of keeping the company well equipped for any venture.

Hazel: Sebastian, I look forward to issuing those HUDs to all operatives. I'm sure it won't be long. Speaking of equipment issue, now that I've got the financing cleared, I'll put in an order to your sister's company for your weapons care package. I didn't want to deplete our own stock for that.

"That's fine. Last time you mentioned upgrading the standard issue sidearm. Which weapon did you decide on?"

Hazel: The Ruger SR45, on your recommendation. The operatives all give glowing reviews.

"Excellent. How's the fleet?"

Hazel: One of our G5s is down for its annual inspection, but it should be recertified by the end of the week. Everything else is operable. On the ground, the assault Humvees are all performing admirably. On a less positive note, I had to retire two 750i sedans. They were totaled in a car chase shootout on the Autobahn.

Griffin: Don't worry, we won.

Audrey: And no one is the wiser. We covered up the enemy vehicle as a drunk driving crash. Both our vehicles were recovered. There was no evidence of our presence left at the scene.

Gavin: Still, TWO BMW 7 series sedans are going to cost a pretty penny to replace. Haleigh, when are you going to take my advice and issue vehicles less.... prestigious to your field operatives?

"Never. This isn't a government operation, my agents will have the best that we can reasonably provide on a large scale. Audrey, anything else you had to take care of?"

Audrey Holcombe was an austere, serious looking woman, all business. She was Captain of the Recovery and Restoration department.

Audrey: Nothing major. Some small skirmishes. Other than that, I'll prepare an extraction team and put them on call for Griffin if he gets bad news from Syria. Are you sure you don't want me to cover up your involvement in the Avengers Initiative?

"I'm pretty ambivalent on the subject to be honest. Hard to close that can of worms now that it's been out there this long. If we were going to do it, we missed our window. SHIELD wanted to let the story run... so I went along with it. Thankfully, I gave them the alias 'Natasha Romanov'. So there's a level of separation, at least. It's all a bunch of politics and power plays. I don't have time to deal with their shit and ours. Speaking of our political interests, Zach?"

Zach: McFaul, the US ambassador to Russia, is stepping down. I suggest we get Bucharov in that position. He's not exactly next in line, but we can make it happen.

"Sounds Good."

Zach: The Ukrainian Prime Minister resigned in response to the protesters that have been killed.

"Do we have someone to slide in THAT spot, too?"

Zach: Their whole damn government is corrupt. We've got three people in there, and I prefer them where they are.

"If you insist. What about that emergency meeting last night?"

Zach: I wouldn't call it a Clandestine issue just yet. It's mostly local and has to do with Superhuman rights. I'll let you know if we need to intervene.

"Fair enough. Let's hear from the good Doctor now.... Jazz?"

Dr. Jasper Crichton, Haleigh's 'chief of medicine', as it were. He looked young for his position, but knew a few medical secrets.

Jasper: I've got one agent on maternity leave, one I put on suspension until he gets his blood pressure under control, and thirteen others on injured reserve. Then there's the four agents involved in the car chase shootout extravaganza, they are currently pushing paperwork until they clear the psyche eval. Other than that, your company is in tip top shape. Everyone is reporting in on time for their yearly Physicals. I've got 98% compliance with the dietary supplement program. Most report feeling stronger, with better reflexes and more energy.

"And in Legal news....... Derek....."

Derek Hudson was the company legal counsel. For a blood-sucking lawyer, he was a great guy.

Derek: do you really want all the legal mumbo-jumbo, as you call it?

Cassandra: For the love of God, please, NO!

Derek: Yeah, I didn't think so. Suffice it to say, I've got everything handled.

(Chuckles) "Whatever Derek. Security?"

Thomas Ashby was in charge of keeping clients and strongholds safe and secure and under company control. He had been the man calling the shots when Karen needed protection from Christopher Victory.

Thomas: Three new accounts for Level One, seven requests for Level Two, and an application for a Level Three team. Everything else is business as usual.
 
The Parthenon, 94th Floor to Spectra

After Cameron left for a meeting, Delilah didn’t have anything really to do, so she decided to go downstairs to Spectra and thank Sally again for the new wardrobe. Plus she could show off how she looked in Spectra’s black pencil dress with leather panels, knee high black platform boots, and silver clutch. She rode the elevator down, thinking about how bored she was. She would have to get out of the hotel after she talked with Sally.

As she walked into Spectra, the concierge asked if she could help her.

“Is Sally in?”

The girl eyed her, but picked up a phone and announced Delilah’s arrival to her boss. Delilah was shown through the boutique to the offices. As she walked in through the open door, she could hear Sally on the phone.

Sally said:
And I better NOT find out you've been letting Spectra secrets and tidbits slip out to Ridgie poo while you've been playing TONSIL HOCKEY or i might just have to PULL YOUR TONGUE OUT!

Delilah raised an eyebrow. That was tough even for Sally.

Sally said:
You know, sometimes you've got to knock a few heads together before someone gets a clue and gets it together!

“I’d like to take that advice to heart with a few people at the moment.”

Delilah smiled warmly.

“Hi Sally. I hope I’m not interrupting you?”

Sally said:
What brings you down to the trenches today?

“Well I just wanted to thank you again for all the beautiful things. You’re a life saver, and I do appreciate it.”
 
Sally Spectra
Sally Spectra
Nice outfit! :nod:
GREAT. He names Demeter and the three with them lose varying level of their shit. Cass asks a question she knows the answer to, and Vivica and Blaze take turns ogling her in turn. He couldn't blame them...Demeter was absolutely beautiful.

As they walked out, she suddenly saw him and made a beeline over. Nicolas immediately stood, suddenly aware that his shirt was open somewhere between 'stripper' and 'leisure suit Larry' level. Too late now as Demeter warmly embraced him. He kissed her cheek, hugging her back. He would have hugged Ava, but she acted like she would rather have been anywhere but there at the time.

"Nicolas! What a sight for sore eyes."

- Demeter exclaimed with a bright smile, taking the time to greet him with a hug. She adored Nicolas for the pure fact that he was an energetic young man who loved life and embraced all that came with it. And he was very protective of those he loved, which included her daughter. -

"It's good to see you again."

And I you. You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL.


Blaze immediately references Simon, earning her a surreptitious finger from Ava while Nicolas almost fucked up a perfectly good white russian by depositing it in a mist on the bosom of a gorgeous ancient Greek harvest goddess. Nicolas was now officially done drinking. Pushing his glass away he stood as Ava urged the pair to depart, teenager style. He stood again as they left and was greeted with another hug from Demeter. Kissing her other cheek this time, his curiosity was now piqued. while he was thinking he felt a pair of soft hands on his chest. EGADS. She was closing his shirt up!!

"Yes, of course. I do need to get back. Well it was a pleasure! Have a good rest of the day."

- Giving Nicolas one last hug, Demeter instinctively buttoned up a few of the buttons that Blaze had undone earlier. Placing her hand on his cheek, she whispered playfully. -

"Leave them wondering."

- Winking, the "them" meaning the woman he most obviously attracted. Skin was fabulous, but the imagination? That was even more powerful. Departing from the table, she and Persephone headed to the front doors. -

He smiled back at her as she winked.

Of course. Will do.


Demeter was a warm and friendly goddess. THAT much was certain. So this was not that much of a stretch. But it was obvious that she made a POINT to include them in her rare appearance on Earth. What was he missing? He would have to think on it later as the others started to say their goodbyes as well.

"And Nic, I'll see you and everyone else tonight at the dinner!"

Hugging him and giving him a kiss on the lips before stepping back and sizing him up.

"Yeah. Demeter's right, YOU can get away with "covering up" a bit too! I bet Morg has fun RIPPING those clothes off of you too, right chocolate kiss?"

Nicolas chuckled.

She IS quite strong. My wardrobe budget has gone up by 40% in the last year, lets just say that.

“SHE may think it’s never a dull moment at The PARTHENON but methinks it’s never a dull moment with HER around!”

:: She turned to Nicolas. ::

“To answer you earlier comment, last night was the SECOND Six party I attended. Remember? AERIE?”

:: She laughed…again! ::

“I can’t remember laughing this much before! Thanks you guys. I REALLY needed this.”

This is what it can be at times, and we cherish this. I am glad you made your way to us dear. Even IF you are too drunk to work out.

Vivica had meetings to make as well and gave him a hug and kiss before departing. As she held him, he whispered in her ear.

You are a gifted artist. I will never usurp your dreams, but I will always be someone who will work to enable them. Now go...and take all this temptation with you.

By now, Nicolas has tuned a bit more into her and gave her an appreciative pat on the bottom. No way she was getting away without that looking like all of THIS.

She walked out with one of the meanest damn walks around and he just shook his head, laughing. So finally, it was just him and Cassandra.

So...you look like you need some water or something.


Nicolas flagged down a server.

I would like a carafe of Orange Juice, no pulp, a pitcher of iced water and a couple of cranberry Red Bulls.

As the server went quickly to prepare the items her turned back to Cass.

So...talk to me about your victims last night. Are they OK today?
 
The Parthenon, Spectra

As promised, Andrew had been on time to Spectra. Dressed in a clean suit he was soon rushing anywhere and everywhere. He had thought Fridays were meant to be slow – but not this one. AND he had gotten a message that Sally wanted to see him. After last night, that couldn’t be good. She might have decided to sack him once she sobered up, especially after the pictures. God, the pictures! He covered his face with a hand just thinking about it. Luckily there wasn’t much chance his mum would see it. But you never knew today, did you?

He finished up his deliveries in the hotel and headed back downstairs. He waved to Cyndy with a Y! on his way through the door, not stopping as he breezed through the boutique and into Sally’s office.

He stopped dead.

Delilah AND Sally. Together. Ah hell.

After a second, he recovered. He held up his hands and grinned.

“My two favorite ladies together at last!”

He feigned a “calm down” motion with his hands as he looked away briefly.

“Now, now – no need to fight. There is plenty of me to go around.”

Smiling unabashedly, he strode to the desk and, with a wink at Delilah, sat in a chair facing Sally, pulling his left ankle up to cross over his right knee. He looked from one woman to the other, his right foot rapidly tapping on the floor.

“So, boss, I got a message you needed to see me?”
 
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

Vivica said:
"Now THAT is an understatement..."

She thought for a moment, deciding to tease Nicolas and Cass in a Blaze like way.

"She definitely knows how to turn up the HEAT...and she's not so bad to wake up to the next morning either!" :p

She winked and downed the rest of her champagne.

[to Cass]

"Yes, it's been really love me...but if you'll excuse me...I have to get down to the gallery and check in on some things!"

She stood up, smoothing out her dress as he went over to Cass and gave her a kiss on each cheek.

"I have a feeling you guys will be here for awhile..I'll make sure you have my number in case you want to hang out or look at some interesting galleries in the city."

Vivica walked over to behind where Nicolas was sitting and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a big kiss on the cheek.

"And you, my dear! Thanks for a good time last night and an even better afternoon! I'll be seeing you around!"

:: Cass looked shocked for a second when Vivica mentioned waking up next to Blaze and then laughed. ::

Glad I pinned THAT right…

:: She smiled when Vivica took her leave. ::

“It was so nice to meet you as well, Viv! We should do this again!”

:: She reciprocated the cheek kisses as well. Vivica made her way to Nicolas and then she was gone, leaving Cass and Nicolas. ::

Nicolas said:
She walked out with one of the meanest damn walks around and he just shook his head, laughing. So finally, it was just him and Cassandra.

So...you look like you need some water or something.


Nicolas flagged down a server.

I would like a carafe of Orange Juice, no pulp, a pitcher of iced water and a couple of cranberry Red Bulls.

As the server went quickly to prepare the items he turned back to Cass.

So...talk to me about your victims last night. Are they OK today?

:: Cass smiled brightly. ::

“I LOVE water!”

:: She began to take another sip of yet another freshly prepared margarita that had mysteriously appeared but Nicolas took it away from her and asked about her victims. She sat still for a bit, frozen. He KNEW what she was up to last night! ::

Oh wait. I had ‘TOLD’ him I was hungry last night. Right.

:: Surprisingly, he was pretty cool about it. That was good. She didn’t have to defend herself and go on and on about how it was her bad luck to be born with such predatory powers. ;) She fiddled with her hands. ::

*quietly*: “They should be okay. I only took enough to render them unconscious. If anything, they’d wake up in Envy in various places wondering what the heck happened last night.”

:: She looked down at her hands. She still felt she needed to defend herself. ::

*quietly*: “This is ME; who I am. I didn’t ask for this. We aren’t all born with cushy powers like all of you. If I don’t drain energy, I become weak and then? I DIE.”
 
*quietly*: “They should be okay. I only took enough to render them unconscious. If anything, they’d wake up in Envy in various places wondering what the heck happened last night.”

:: She looked down at her hands. She still felt she needed to defend herself. ::

*quietly*: “This is ME; who I am. I didn’t ask for this. We aren’t all born with cushy powers like all of you. If I don’t drain energy, I become weak and then? I DIE.”

Nicolas looked as Cass seemed...ashamed. After she finished. He reached out and grasped her hand. He sighed heavily.

CASSANDRA. I did not ask you to shame you dear. I am hoping to help you.

And do not be so sure about how nice we all have it. Morgan is the demon ruler of Limbo. I am the son of a god of destruction who wants to use me to destroy this world. Both of us can have extreme...anger management issues.

Ava is a goddess, but she is also the ex-wife of Hades. Having met him...no picnic at all. Haleigh, Cameron, Mike have all been murdered. And the others...I could go on. Let's just say that we wear our warts well at times, but a lot of that is because we are honest with our issues and we help one another as needed.


Nicolas touches Cass' face and lifts her chin.

Now that I know what we are dealing with, I can make arrangements for any people you feed on to be taken care of in a less haphazard manner. Additionally, I can find you people to drain AND develop contingencies for if you go too long without.

Nicolas sat back...and just looked. This woman was older than everyone but Ava, but she carried enough guilt for all of them combined. She was desperately looking for affirmation but expecting rejection at every turn. He was angry...but she was not prepared to receive his anger. He recited 100 digits of pi, then started again, his voice even and as kid as he could muster.

Cassandra, you are one of US now. What comes with that is us knowing and understanding one another. Do not be ashamed of who you are or how you are, but understand that we have enemies and those enemies would LOVE to get a shot at us. We cannot afford to leave several people semi-comatose in the middle of Cameron King's nightclub. If you need to feed in a situation like that we need to be able to have your back. Do we understand one another?
 
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

Nicolas said:
CASSANDRA. I did not ask you to shame you dear. I am hoping to help you.

And do not be so sure about how nice we all have it. Morgan is the demon ruler of Limbo. I am the son of a god of destruction who wants to use me to destroy this world. Both of us can have extreme...anger management issues.

Ava is a goddess, but she is also the ex-wife of Hades. Having met him...no picnic at all. Haleigh, Cameron, Mike have all been murdered. And the others...I could go on. Let's just say that we wear our warts well at times, but a lot of that is because we are honest with our issues and we help one another as needed.

Hades…how interesting. It’s nice to know we both have crazy, sonsofbitches exes in common…

:: If Nicolas weren’t so intense and calling her ‘CASSANDRA’, she would’ve cracked a smile. Cass was still looking down at her hands. She felt the warmth of Nicolas’ hand as he lifted her chin up. ::

Nicolas said:
Now that I know what we are dealing with, I can make arrangements for any people you feed on to be taken care of in a less haphazard manner. Additionally, I can find you people to drain AND develop contingencies for if you go too long without.

Cassandra, you are one of US now. What comes with that is us knowing and understanding one another. Do not be ashamed of who you are or how you are, but understand that we have enemies and those enemies would LOVE to get a shot at us. We cannot afford to leave several people semi-comatose in the middle of Cameron King's nightclub. If you need to feed in a situation like that we need to be able to have your back. Do we understand one another?

:: She trembled as he spoke. Though he SOUNDED kind, she could tell that he was angry, but he held it back. A tear escaped from her right eye and slid down her cheek. She didn’t mean to get anybody into trouble. ::

*whispers*: “I understand…”

:: She jerked away from his touch and buried her face in her hands… ::

*muffled*: “What do I do now?”
 
:: She trembled as he spoke. Though he SOUNDED kind, she could tell that he was angry, but he held it back. A tear escaped from her right eye and slid down her cheek. She didn’t mean to get anybody into trouble. ::

*whispers*: “I understand…”

:: She jerked away from his touch and buried her face in her hands… ::

*muffled*: “What do I do now?”

GREAT. She was now crying. Fucking GREAT. And she had a great question, one that he had no good answer for. Actually, yes he did. He picked up his phone and sent a text. To Haleigh.

I need you. NOW. Name the location.

Now as he spoke to Cass, his anger was gone. GOD was it so fuck gone.

Cass...stop crying. Things will be fine. I just needed to know what was going on so we can know what we are dealing with. Just relax, drink your water. Everything will be FINE.

Nicolas waited for a response and for Cass to get herself together.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

:: Cass still had her face covered and tried to control herself. But it was hard...Nicolas went all scary on her, and she was actually thinking about running out of the clubhouse. She could hear him type something on his phone. ::

Nicolas said:
Cass...stop crying. Things will be fine. I just needed to know what was going on so we can know what we are dealing with. Just relax, drink your water. Everything will be FINE.

:: Cass peeked and looked over at him. She moved away from him slightly. She didn't like him when he was like this. She reached for her water, grabbed it, and moved slightly. She was now holding her water. She kept a wary eye on Nicolas, unsure of what he was going to do next. She sniffed and wiped her cheek roughly. She would NOT allow herself to become an experiment again. ::

*warily*: "Who...who did you just text?"
 
:: Cass peeked and looked over at him. She moved away from him slightly. She didn't like him when he was like this. She reached for her water, grabbed it, and moved slightly. She was now holding her water. She kept a wary eye on Nicolas, unsure of what he was going to do next. She sniffed and wiped her cheek roughly. She would NOT allow herself to become an experiment again. ::

*warily*: "Who...who did you just text?"

I texted Haleigh, who does a lot of security things to keep us protected and generally out of public view. She should be able to help us. You are in no trouble and I am not longer angry. I'm sorry. It is just that when someone thinks my life is always so cool it irks me. I have been through hell and back LITERALLY several times. So I understand when we do what we must. Any of us. Relax, you have absolutely nothing to fear from me. She will contact me in moments I am certain and then she can help us here.


Nicolas sat back, his hands open and facing Cass. He realized that he spooked her and that is not what he wanted to do.
 
Liquid Crystal Images / Clandestine Intelligence

Haleigh's assistant passed out the coffee, and Zach sat down in his chair and began to sip it as his phone vibrated in his pocket. He shifted his hips forward so he could get it out, then checked the message.

Delilah>> Dear Zach…if you cheat on Haleigh I will personally photon blast your balls off.

Zach's coffee went down the wrong pipe, scalding his lungs, and he coughed, while Haleigh chuckled loudly, clearly having seen Delilah's reply for herself.

(Cough) "So should I take that as a no?"

Delilah>> Then I’ll have Karen heal you so I can do it again.

"I miei dei!" (My Gods!)

He mumbled in his native language under his breath. Talk about some pent up aggression.

Haleigh: I think she secretly wants to ride the Italian Stallion.

"Hardy har har."

Oh great, she thinks it's funny. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure Delilah is being serious. Not to mention a bit unfair. Haleigh and Zach's relationship was about as unconventional as possible. Neither of them were under any illusion about the other, but technically.... Sharon had been BEFORE things got serious with Haleigh, and Claudia had happened after a fight-- they weren't even together! They hadn't even decided what they were. But everyone else seemed to think they understood the situation, and since Zach was a man, he was automatically a cheating asshole.

Cassandra Alluisi, the CEO for Haleigh's front company, whom Zach had known so long, she was practically like his sister, leaned over his shoulder and read the text as he was typing a response.

Cassandra: I think she's right, why else would she accuse you of wanting to cheat? Plus she's apparently planning on what she'd like to do with your balls.

To Delilah>> ooh, you're kind of sexy when you're being righteous and protective.

Cassandra: This one sounds a little kinky Zach, you might want to watch out.

Yeah, maybe his attempt at levity would back fire. He sent another text quickly.

To Delilah>> No but seriously, if you ever want an outlet for that aggression, and I mean in a completely platonic, non-sexual, clearly friend-zone manner, I'm here to help. I'll go fuck myself now, since that is basically what I hope you meant, call me if you change your mind.

Cassandra leaned further over him, her hands on his shoulders, teasing him quietly in his ear now.

Cassandra: Aww honey, did she hurt your feelings?

Zach: You two are hilarious. Can we start running the company now?

Haleigh: Yeah, actually, everyone's here.

Zach always enjoyed the monthly board meetings. The ten people at this table were probably the best friends he could name, and they had all been through the fire together. They were each experts in their own field, and it was always interesting to see the layers of Clandestine overlap and interweave to form an organization that had every base covered. Zach interjected only when he had something relevant to add, and breezed through his reports when the time came. He made sure to volunteer when Sebastian offered up the contact lens HUDs. He ALWAYS volunteered for the beta testing when it came to Sebastian's gadgets.

After everyone had a turn and all relevant information had been disseminated, Haleigh called the meeting adjourned and they all started to rise and gather their paperwork. Jasper came over and clapped Zach on the back.

Jasper: How are your knees treating you lately?

"Ever since those injections you gave me? Better than ever."

Jasper: Oh, so You'll be up for a tennis rematch then?

"Seriously? I kicked your ass last time, even with bad knees."

Jasper put his arm around Zach's shoulder, dropping his voice and leaning in.

Jasper: Come on man, please? I was hoping you would invite Haleigh, and then I could invite Cassie to play doubles with us...

(Lower voice) "OH, are you finally trying to act on that? Why don't you just--"

Jasper: Ask her out? I did. She doesn't want to complicate work relationships. I wanted to do something with less pressure, see if that goes any where.

Cassandra: If the two of you look over here one more time... I'm going to think you're planning to kidnap me or something.

"Actually......."

Jasper: Actually Zach and Haleigh are recruiting for a tennis doubles match. You play, right?

Cassandra: Yes......

Jasper: Great! Think you've got what it takes to help me take on the power couple?

"We'll consider it a challenge, then. I've got some great facilities at the Pavilion. Pick the day you want to be defeated."

Cassandra: Ok, whatever Zach. Jazz and I are going to crush you, and I owe Hales a sound ass-whipping TOO.

He checked his phone, which had gone off again in his pocket during the meeting, but he didn't want to be disrespectful in checking it. It was probably just Delilah again, threatening to castrate him with some sort of laser trick, perhaps?

Vivica>> Hey Boy Scout...missed you last night at the party for Blaze. Would love to meet you for coffee and catch up? Meet me at the cafe across the street from my gallery in an hour?

Well that's a nice surprise. Definitely better than another blatant threat to his genitals. He had gotten the text about 50 minutes ago... which meant she'd be expecting him any minute.

To Vivica>> Sounds great, as long as Delilah doesn't see us or ever hear about it.

Vivica>> HUH?

To Vivica>> Never mind, tell you about it when I get there. See you in a minute!

Jasper was smiling conspiratorially at Zach as Cassandra walked out with Charlotte. He spoke freely once they left the room.

Jasper: Thanks man, I owe you one.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. Text me when you match up every one's schedules. I gotta go."

He hit a button on his watch, making the jump to the men's room at the cafe Vivica had suggested. He stepped out of the stall, washed his hands, and headed out into the dining area, spotting Vivica almost immediately.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

Nicolas said:

I texted Haleigh, who does a lot of security things to keep us protected and generally out of public view. She should be able to help us. You are in no trouble and I am not longer angry. I'm sorry. It is just that when someone thinks my life is always so cool it irks me. I have been through hell and back LITERALLY several times. So I understand when we do what we must. Any of us. Relax, you have absolutely nothing to fear from me. She will contact me in moments I am certain and then she can help us here.

:: Cass immediately felt better. She moved closer to Nicolas. She could see it in his eyes: he was sorry he scared her. ::

"When I said 'cushy powers', I didn't mean you had a cool LIFE. I just meant that my powers...only work if I kill someone by draining their energy or render people unconscious. The powers that you guys have...don't seem to depend on killing people like mine do. That's all I meant by it."

:: She hesitantly took hold of his hand and squeezed it. She took a long drink of her water. ::

I hope everything will be okay...
 
Parthenon - VIP clubhouse

Everyone had reported their highlights, and Haleigh felt confident that business was running as usual.

"Griff, don't forget we've got Valentine's day coming up. Be prepared for a spike in kill contracts."

Griffin: How romantic.

"It's the same every year. Not everyone gets their happily-ever-afters."

Griffin: Are we maintaining the same standard for acceptance?

"Criminals, sadists and psychopaths only. It rubbed me raw that time we offed the humanitarian because that gold-digging trophy wife didn't get the right size diamond earrings."

Griffin: You know, I like you a lot more now that you've found a moral compass.

"I'm only borrowing it from a friend, don't get TOO fond of me. I'm still capable of doing some pretty heinous things, when pushed."

Griffin: Aren't we ALL?

"I suppose. Well ladies and gents, if there's nothing else, I can this meeting adjourned. Keep up the good work."

She shook hands with everybody, then stopped when she received an urgent sounding message from Nic, scrolling across the bottom of her field of vision.

Nicolas>> I need you. NOW. Name the location.

It sounded like an emergency. Haleigh immediately got GPS on Nic's location, then blueprint checked the floor of the Parthenon he was on to find the nearest safe place for her to reappear. They was a maintenance closet out on the VIP clubhouse patio, not 10 meters from Nic's DNA signature. She appeared in there, knocking over brooms and mops and nearly ripping the door off its hinges as she tried to get out of the cramped storage area the size of a shower stall.

"What the fuck is wrong?!?"

It was just Nic and Cass, the former looking extremely uncomfortable, the latter looking like she'd been crying.

"WHO DIED??"
 
They was a maintenance closet out on the VIP clubhouse patio, not 10 meters from Nic's DNA signature. She appeared in there, knocking over brooms and mops and nearly ripping the door off its hinges as she tried to get out of the cramped storage area the size of a shower stall.

"What the fuck is wrong?!?"

It was just Nic and Cass, the former looking extremely uncomfortable, the latter looking like she'd been crying.

"WHO DIED??"

Nicolas stood as Haleigh caused a minor scene showing up. He was actually touched that she would come so quickly. Composing himself, he began to speak.

Haleigh. Cass here is a psionic succubus. She NEEDS to feed on psionic energy to survive. Her targets either die or, more often, fall unconscious for several hours. I need a team to scrub any stories concerning unconscious patrons from Club Envy for last night before anything gets started. I would also like you to advise us on the nest way to keep her fed in a way that is discreet. Given how upset Cass was I apologize if I was overly...alarmist.


Nicolas had a look on his face that screamed work with me here and now and berate me later. It would remain to be seen if Haleigh would choose to do so. He was generally prepared for either outcome.
 
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

Haleigh said:
"What the fuck is wrong?!?"

:: Cass JUMPED when Haleigh suddenly came tearing out of the maintenance closet. ::

*yells*: "SONOFABITCH!"

Haleigh said:
"WHO DIED??"

Nicolas said:

Haleigh. Cass here is a psionic succubus. She NEEDS to feed on psionic energy to survive. Her targets either die or, more often, fall unconscious for several hours. I need a team to scrub any stories concerning unconscious patrons from Club Envy for last night before anything gets started. I would also like you to advise us on the nest way to keep her fed in a way that is discreet. Given how upset Cass was I apologize if I was overly...alarmist.

:: Cass looked to Haleigh to see what she would say... ::
 
A Peek into the Past...

Vivica was sipping on her drink and taking in her surroundings. The cafe had a very unique and almost hipster kind of vibe to it. That might put a lot of people off to the place, but Vivica had lived in Chelsea since returning to New York. Chelsea was the place for the tragically hip, artistic and fabulous. The people she interacted with on a daily basis gave her energy and inspiration for her work.

She mindlessly began to people watch outside the window as Zachary Armani came into her view. It had been awhile since she had seen him, but after what Zach had done for him, she would never NOT be eternally grateful to see him. She immediately walked over to him and embraced him in a hug.

“I know this isn't protocol...but goddammit...it's really good to see you!”

Vivica wrapped her arms around the man as she squeezed him with her body and ushered him to the seat across from him. As she took her seat she began to survey him up and down.

“You know..I don't think I will EVER get used to those fancy watches. Besides, it HARDLY goes with this outfit. Oh Zach! You look so good...that California sun has definitely done you well!”

Taking a sip of her latte, she placed it down on a napkin beside her and let out a comforting sigh.

“I definitely missed you last night, Zach! It was the first time I had been faced with...The Six since...well...you know...Greece.”

Her eyes went back to that night as she became lost in deep thought, all of her senses attached to that night.

Oracle said:
Greece - 1 Year Ago

<< Vivica lay on the ground outside of the Cassadine compound in Greece. She was barely conscious. All she could feel was the cold and wet ground beneath her body. The 'wet' was not by rain but by her own blood. She had been bleeding out for some time now and she knew she was dying. >>

"Where...where did they go?!" HELP!"

<< She tried to speak but she found herself completely unable to, let alone move. This was how it would all end. Alone, on the ground in Greece. A casualty of The Six. Her best friend was dead. His teammates had abandoned her. The crashing waves of the ocean around her offered no comfort as the night sky was cloudy and angry, a ramification of the battle had just occured. >>

"Somebody...please...please help me...I don't...I don't want to..die..."

<< Tears welled up in the woman's face, but her face remained completely devoid of emotions, her muscles not allowing her any kind of movement. She could only look up at the sky. Her vision was blurry and beginning to fade. She was fading into black. These were her last moments. >>

"I'll be seeing you soon, Cameron..."

<< All at once she began to hear stirring around her. Footsteps, people talking in the background. >>

Male Voice: Base Ops, this is Lieutenant Caldwell...we've got a survivor.

<< A flash of light washed over her for a second. It felt like the flash bulb of a camera. >>

Male Voice: Sending visual confirmation...She's not one of Stavro's...Waiting to proceed.

<< a few seconds felt like HOURS >>

Male Voice: Medical [calling to his men] get her to the extraction point. Female has been identified as Vivica Lennox...associate of Director Davidoff and Cameron King.

<< Suddenly she felt swarmed by many people and faces, all checking her vitals and patching her wounds, trying to stop the blood and keeping her conscious. The man leaned over her, his dark and handsome features were intimidating but at the same time comforting. >>

Caldwell: Vivica? My name is Jack...I'm a friend of Haleigh's...we're gonna get you out of here alright? Just hold on for me okay?

<< Jack Caldwell spoke into his comm once again. >>

Caldwell: Send word to Captain Armani...tell him he has a plane to catch...

<< Fade to Black >>

She snapped back into reality.

“You know...all ANYBODY is talking about is Black Widow and The Avengers Initiative. I would have reached out sooner, but you're a busy man...and I respect that you can't drop everything for every damsel in distress you've saved...”

Vivica had so much to say to him. So much gratitude she wanted to express, but she didn't want to overwhelm him...plus she had taken nearly every opportunity since then to show her appreciation...but she had never directly, face to face, thanked him for what he had done for her.

“This is definitely...for the most part a social call...don't worry...Davenport hasn't run me into the ground as of yet...Still...there WAS something to be said for being one of “Jack's Girls...”

The waitress brought over a pastry to the table that she had ordered while waiting for Zach. Vivica thanked the server as she took a bite, and turned her attention back to the man in front of her.

“Anyway...I know it's been some time...but I felt like I owed you a meeting...so you can see what your good deeds have done...You may be an empath...but I know you don't like mushy stuff...it's just that...that night..when I woke up in a Clandestine facility in the UK and you were there? I don't think I ever expressed my gratitude enough...and I wanted to meet with you and make sure you were aware...just how much you changed things for me...”

Oracle said:
<< Bright white. That's all Vivica could see as she opened her eyes. She was alive. That man had rescued her and she was ALIVE! She attempted to move before a voice could be heard, and hands began to hold her in place firmly but gently. >>

Zach: Easy now...easy, Vivica...just relax...

<< She didn't make out the voice at first...and then it hit her. In a groggy state she attempted to sit up in her bed and slowly, her eyes began to adjust to their surroundings before she made complete focus on Zachary Armani sitting in a chair beside her. >>

[sleepy & confused] "Zach....Zach? Where am I...? Stavros? Is he still alive?! We have to stop ERIKA!

<< Zach placed his hand on hers as she began to feel a rush of calm rush over her. She had forgotten he was an empath, but for NOW? She was WELCOMING the calm as it helped subside the incredible pain she felt in her neck. Zach moved a little closer to you. >>

Zach: We aren't sure what happened exactly...Haleigh, well...she's on a bit of personal leave ever since Cameron...but from what we can tell is that you were gunned down by Ava Cassadine when you attempted to take the hit for Stavros. You were bleeding out when we found you...just in the nick of time, I might add...A Field Lieutenant found you...Jack Caldwell, and he brought you here. He called me and I came as soon as I could.

<< Vivica was trying to remember what had happened and she couldn't. This began to FIGHT against the calm that Zach was expressing to her with his empathy. Why couldn't she remember?! WHAT was happening with her power?! She began to fuss. >>

"Zach...what...why...why can't I remember?! What's happening to me...?! That's what I do! I can't remember ANY OF IT...."

<< Zach gave her a sympathetic look as he pulled her medical chart from in front of the bed and gave it to her. >>

"The bullet lodged into your spinal chord...our medical team tried to extract it..but it was too risky. The slightest misstep and you would be dead...Pulling the files we have on you...your ability is tied into your spinal chord...the bullet has effectively severed that connection..which explains you not being able to use your abilities...."

<< Tears began to well up in Vivica's eyes as she threw the chart to the ground and brought her knees up to her chest. She began to sob freely. >>

"I'm...POWERLESS?! This can't happen Zach...I can't be without my ability...I don't know who I AM without it...I know nobody ever THOUGHT it was much...but it was MINE! It made me ME! What am I gonna do, Zach? What am I gonna do?!"

<< She continued to cry as Zach held her quietly, doing his best to pacify a truly broken woman. >>

“I didn't think I was going to make it...I thought I had lost everything when Cameron died. And The Six...though my opinions are slowly starting to change with their new roster...well,, they had left me for dead. We BARELY knew each other, and you were there...I know it may have been because Haleigh couldn't be there...because of what she was going through...but I don't think I would have made it without you around.”

She looked at him as she spoke. Zach had completely changed everything for her. When she awoke in that medical facility after her caper with The Six and found herself to be powerless, she let go. She had a nervous breakdown...and Zach was THERE for her...he listened to her, he respected her as a human being and a woman...something that at THAT point in her life...she was surely lacking. Together...they came up with a plan. A plan to change things for Vivica, give her a chance to show what she was truly capable of.

“You came up with a way for me...a way for me to prove myself...not just to THE SIX..but to myself...that I was strong enough...though I admit...I wasn't exactly sold on your idea right away..but I think you saw something in me...and ever since I had came to New York with Cameron...I didn't have that...someone believing in me...It meant a lot to me.”

Oracle said:
A Few Weeks Later....

<< Vivica was in a Clandestine Safe House, packing a suit case. She seemed to be in far better spirits...in fact, she seemed to be the slightest bit happy. As she began to pack away her things, Zachary Armani appeared in her door with a smile. >>

"You ready for this, Lennox?"

<< Turning on her feet, she faced Zach while letting out a big sigh and plopped down on the bed, running her fingers through her NOW very short and slick hair. >>

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess..This...is going to be a big change...You sure I am ready for something like this?"

<< Zach softened his gaze as he sat down next to Vivica on the bed and placed his hand on hers. >>

"Vivica...you may not be able to remember everything NOW...but all that information? It's still in there. Everything you've studied, all the things you've done..You are STILL a very capable woman. Your enhanced senses...your beauty? Those are the great makings of an agent...you're ready for a change..I can feel it...and Lieutenant Caldwell seems to be excited to add you to his team. Plus, the closer we keep you to us, the faster we can find something or SOMEBODY who will be able to fix what's going on with you..."

<< Vivica looked down at the floor, her feet dangling off the bed, seemingly lost in thought. >>

"I just..I just never thought I would lose him so soon, Zach. I thought the Six would protect him..Hell...I thought they would protect me...but they left me. I was collateral...and I want to make sure...that NEVER happens again...I need to prove to myself...to THEM that I am more than just a parrot...that I stand next to them...I think...I think it would make Cameron happy..."

<< Zach stood up and held out his hand for Vivica to grab. She did. >>

Zach: You were lost in the fray, Vivica...The team...they are ALL going through a lot...much as they hated Cameron at times...much as he ticked ME off...he was integral to their balance..They aren't themselves. Cameron is proud of you...I KNOW this...The way you protected his business for him. The way you worked...with ME to try and stop those SEC charges Alycia Barnett was drudging up so many months ago..you ARE worth a damn...and I think THIS place [gesturing around him] will make you know it. I think this is a good path, Vivica....but the time to decide is over...You've got a plane to catch to New York and a new job to report to at 2200 hours in Europe. It's time...

<< Vivica closed the top of her suitcase and grabbed it by the handle as she began to walk out of the door. She stopped in the doorway. >>

"Zach?"

Zach: Yes?

"Thanks...and i'll be seeing you around...Commander..."

<< Zach smiled >>

"You're welcome...and sounds good....Agent Lennox..."

That day, Vivica returned to New York City for the first time since recovering from the wounds she sustained in The Erika/Stavros Caper and announced that she was liquidating King Enterprises. The money she received from the liquidation allowed her to pay back all shareholders and the properties were given to non profit agencies who needed the space. That night she hopped on a private Clandestine G5 Jet and headed for London where she began her training in intelligence trade crafts. Her natural personality and intelligence making her a perfect candidate for surveillance and recon missions.

She was based out of London but spent time all overn Eastern Europe and parts of Russia under Lieutenant Jack Caldwell, who took notice of her attention to detail and her ability to think quick on her feet in the field. Clandestine Intelligence in turn worked to find a lead for her to gain her abilities back.After about a year of service, they had found a lead. A woman in New York City named Elizabeth York, who had gotten on the radar of the intelligence world for her technological ability. They thought that with her technological capability and their brilliant medical team, they could finally have a way to restore Vivica's powers. A few weeks later, Vivica was relieved of duty in Europe and transferred to duty in North America. Being based in New York City allowed her to return to a sense of normalcy in her life...and after experiencing the beauty of Europe in a way that only a select few had, she was able to channel this into a budding art career, using European connections as well as help from Cameron King, whom she hadn't seen in a year.

Vivica then went about meeting the woman that would eventually be able to fix her. In doing so, new abilities were catalyzed and her total recall was restored and updated, by use of a chip implanted in her brain by Elizabeth that allowed her to download and upload ALL of her memories, no matter WHAT sense they were gathered by, to a high powered server. Clandestine created a safe location for the server, and in doing so, Vivica had took an undervalued ability and turned it into an undeniable and valuable asset to the world of intelligence.

“I don't know how involved if at ALL you were with finding Elizabeth for me...but it allowed me to come full circle. I'm now working exclusively in the field...no more recon or surveillance for me. You guys didn't just fix me...you made me better...you made me PERFECT for this line of work, and really...working as an Agent for Clandestine has been the best decision I ever made.”

She grabbed his hand from across the table. This was not out of some kind of weird romantic notion she had for Zachary, but for the sheer reason that when the REST of The Six had turned their back on her, Zach had been there for her. More than that...he offered her a way to forge her own path.

“Haleigh...has been great...per our agreement to keep my status as an agent a secret until I'm ready to come out with it. She lightly regarded me at Blaze's party and nobody was the wiser. I am really thankful for that...and I'm really thankful for you too...You know...this may be overstepping my bounds and forgive me if I do...you know Cameron is my oldest friend...that I've known him since I was a child myself...but I have to say, there are but a few people I think are deserving of a woman such as Haleigh...and I think...well I just want to say that I think the right guy got the girl...”

She looked around her at the neighborhood that she lived in as her attention turned back to Zach.

“Plus..I feel like I'm finally starting to build a life here...one that I like. Now if I could just keep out of these gossip rags...I should be fine. I'd hate to have my cover blown...”

[gesturing nonchalantly]

“Anyway...enough of the mush...I just wanted to see you face to face and thank you for everything you've done for me....Captain Armani...I respect you in a way I never saw coming...I'm finally coming full circle...and a LOT of it has to do with you...so again...Thank You...”

She squeezed his hand once more before letting go and smiling.

“Now! What's been going on with you...have you been good? I hope we've reached a certain point with each other where certain protocol can be overlooked in lieu of who we are BOTH deeply connected to. What's Zach Armani been up to since he rescued me?”
 
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Great description of Vivica laying on the ground in Greece :)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top