AMC/OLTL creator Agnes Nixon has died

Screen Legend

Legendary
Joined
Aug 10, 2011
Messages
966
Location
Canada
http://soapcentral.com/amc/news/2016/0928-agnes_nixon_death.php

Ooh. :( All My Children was MY soap when it was on. I spent many an afternoon watching the trials and tribulations of the many citizens of Pine Valley [I was in school but I had on-going health issues that kept me from school; I finally had to drop out because of them :( ].

And then I discovered One Life to Live. Actually, to be perfectly honest, when I was sick at school I always had to call my nana to come get me and we would go back to her house and watch Port Charles, then All My Children, and then One Life to Live. LOL!

But AMC was my favourite...I still can't believe it's gone. I really miss it. :(
 
I was an All My Children fan too for a long time and had random periods in my life when I watched it regularly. I mean my condolences but I thought she was already long gone! LOL. Still, it's kind of nice that she got to live to see such a long saga like All My Children end? Like there must have been something satisfying to see.
 
Still, it's kind of nice that she got to live to see such a long saga like All My Children end? Like there must have been something satisfying to see.

Sure...if it had ended PROPERLY. But it didn't [not in my mind :p]. :( The 'reboot' didn't exactly take and no wonder...it was missing the HEART of the soul which was, and always will be, Erica Kane and Susan Lucci [Lucci didn't want to be part of the online version of it].
 
I don't know why but I always loved the Ryan storylines lol. With him and Greenlee and crazy Annie, and I was a big fan of Haley and Matteo in the 90's, not to mention the great ladies of the 80's decades, and I really loved when Erica's children were all grown up, I really loved Kendal.
 
Sad news :( AMC was a daily ritual for me during my high school years, & it was the only soap OUTSIDE of the CBS /Bell family soaps that I regularly watched! Agnes was an early inspiration & influence on another legendary soap opera scribe- the late Bill Bell Sr.
 
Back
Top