Casualties of the nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apt 4

Nicolas just listened to them...so stupid, so small.

Melodramatic?! Excuse me, but none of you OWN me. The only melodramatic shit going on here is from YOU. We have a demon here to devour the witches among us, REMEMBER?! And you want to debate my sexual choices?! NOW who needs to GROW up! If I am SO not worth worrying about, then shut up about me (looks at BLAZE) and worry about your sister and yourself! That IS what you just got done saying, right? And have been saying for quite some time? If it is true, then let it GO. FOCUS on the task at hand. I have been facing Barbas EVERY day and you and some others here have been primarily running your mouths while Morgan, Alison, and Karen hang in the balance. GET. IT. TOGETHER. This is so stupid...

Blaze's eyes ignited as Nicolas would call her out.

"Focus on the task at hand?! Kind of like how you've been focusing on Claudia for a few hours, huh, Nicolas? Do me a favor? Shut the hell up and take a good look in the mirror, because you are NOT God's gift to women!"

Sitting forward on the couch, "And speaking of Morgan WHERE have you been except flat out on your back or crying like the little bitch you are! You want me to get over it? You want me to let this go? Then grow some balls Nicolas King and take responsibility for the poison you spread by your lies, by your manipulation, and by your betrayal. When you can do that then I will be more than happy to talk to you about it!"

Why are we talking about THIS?! Does Nicolas have a girlfriend in here? If not, it really wasn't any of your business. Alison, did he expose our secrets, did he fall in league with her against us? If not, then he did just what 22 year-old men do: find a jump-off to unwind with when things are tough. Who didn't see THAT coming? Do what you want...but you are distracting from the task at hand. Men are utensils, right? No dissent when that was said. So Claudia got served. It'll be all right, people. Geez...you'd think you never met a 22-year old man.

"About the only girlfriend Nicolas has seems to be you. Because for some reason you continually stand by him through thick and thin. I know he's your friend and all but seriously Mike where were you when your friend was supposed to be staying with Sharon? Do you support that kind of behavior too? Should we expect you to cheat on Karen for some bimbo as well? We've all met 22 year old men but most of them are more mature than Nicolas over there. I'm not going to accept it and I'm not going to stand back while Nicolas hurts another woman in this room! You're entitled to feel how you want but so am I. Nicolas had his shot and he continues to fall from Grace. It's a cruel world honey but if you want respect you have to earn it."
 
apartment 4

Black Widow said:
WHOA, let's not get CARRIED AWAY here, alright? Now I'm not condoning what he did, I think it was foolish and shortsighted… and CALLOUS of him to do something like THIS that he KNEW would provoke this kind of reaction… HOWEVER… we don't want to allow our emotional response to make such a profound decision for us. Nicolas is a young, hormonal male… and is basically a slave to his biological imperative to…. mate with… whomever will allow it. [pausing with a sigh] On the other hand… he's a grown man making his own decisions…. And sometimes when you make poor choices… you have to deal with the consequences."

Haleigh, you know just as well as Sharon what and WHO Claudia is. Don't bother to deny it. Karen was not aware of who Claudia was when she conducted the business transaction with her so many months EARLIER...but now that we know who she is...can we ...SHOULD we excuse Nicolas' DELIBERATE choice to sleep with HER of all people?

Like you said...it wouldve been ONE thing for him to just find some stupid little girl who didnt know any better at a BAR somewhere or even on the street...given how irresponsible all his OTHER choices have been lately.

He BETRAYED Sharon and Morgan's trust by fraternizing with their...OUR enemy. This woman is out to exploit and RUIN Morgan using the very thing Morgan loves MOST! He doesnt care. This woman's WEALTH is built on the backs and broken bodies of victims of her CRIME FAMILY. Sharon tried to stop her...but was stone walled by corrupt government officials "in bed" with the Zaccharas. Sharon died fighting people like her! He DOESNT CARE. This woman's goal is to cause division...using Zach AND Nicolas given their..."ties" to us. ZACH didnt know initially...NICOLAS DID...why? because i WARNED him the night he BEGGED me to help save them from Barbas while you all were in Limbo! and STILL he doesnt care.

His judgement CANNOT be trusted! He needs to go. NOW!


It's Morgan's descision. But i support her. I don't need someone like HIM helping me to save my brother. If i am to DIE...I would rather DIE beside people whose judgement I can TRUST.

Without TRUST...there is NO LOVE.

:: She felt that, she believed that to the bottom of her marble hard heart.::
 
Betrayed their trust by fraternizing with them?! Who the FUCK gives YOU the right to say who anyone should FRATERNIZE with. This is not the military. Especially YOU, who made your OWN deal with Malice and crew with no discussion from the rest of us. Was THAT a betrayal? NO. Neither is this. IT was NONE. OF. YOUR. BUSINESS. And as for Cameron. Don't let your PRIDE get in the way of his rescue. No one let their pride keep Nicolas from saving YOU. To refuse his help is foolishness. Half the team cannot access or operate on the astral plane, and when you needed it during this time, he's been there, so can the trust bullshit. If you hadn't known it would not have mattered. It is completely immaterial.

Mike looks at Blaze.

And while we're on a cruel world, you will still be on your old one if it had not been for him in large part. You have stayed loyal to your PLAY sister and I stay loyal to the man I helped raise. We both know where we stand, so stay in your lane and don't worry about what I do because it will NEVER change.

Looks around.

Is THIS what we are going to worry about instead of Barbas? REALLY?! Because he FUCKED an enemy of yours? Not dated, not fell in love with...FUCKED?!!That is junior-high band-camp bullshit!! Ignore him risking his life to save your brother, not being able to leave him, who is he SCREWING? Ignore the fact that he has been integral in every team victory, "how dare he touch THAT woman. I do not approve." Get over yourself.
 
apartment 4

:: Alison looked at Mike and jutted her jaw in extreme annoyance as he started on her.::

oh SHUT UP!

Why don't you just LEAVE Karen and go run off in the sunset with NICOLAS! You'd do a better job servicing him than ANYONE ELSE in this room ever could.

You don't seem to understand how RANK and how WRONG he is for SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY! He doesnt CARE what she's DONE to more than one person in this room...no...he just HAD to have sex with SOMEBODY and out of the MILLIONS of women in this town...it had to be HER.

The TRUCE i made with the Sisterhood was for the benefit of ALL of us. I made the choices NO ONE ELSE could have ONCE AGAIN. We ALL needed to work together to fix a MESS that HE was more than apart of...and we all needed to SURVIVE.

A MAN with any sense of DECENCY would have THOUGHT with the brain in his HEAD long enough to realize THAT before going to bed with a mob princess , who not only has super powers but is out to ruin the lives of those whom he CLAIMS to risk his life for at every turn.

If he can make these bad choices, then why dont you just SIT BACK like a GOOD MORTAL and let him TAKE THE FALLOUT of those choices like a MAN should!

He's in NO position to do what he does and then TELL US how or how NOT to react. he doesnt get to have it both ways Michael...but an ENABLER like YOU wouldnt understand that now WOULD YOU?

This ISNT the military indeed...you're WAY out of your league in a room with witches , mutants and hybrids...so maybe YOU should think about YOUR place...and FIND IT.
 
This ISNT the military indeed...you're WAY out of your league in a room with witches , mutants and hybrids...so maybe YOU should think about YOUR place...and FIND IT.

Way out of my league?! Only in powers. Your mind is WEAK if you cannot focus enough on the enemies at your door that you worry about a 22 year old's sex life. You couldn't CUT IT in the MILITARY! Men who live and die every day to keep us all safe and do it whether they like who they bunk with or not. Take a cue from them, mere mortals might just teach you something. Especially about your place, which should be getting as much as you can TOGETHER to help your brother. Or is your stupid PRIDE more important, since he DARED defy you? Is THAT what it is because you worked just fine with Malice, now you can't work with Nicolas?
 
SIDE BAR in apartment four!

<< Karen sat with her grammie and listened, and watched. She felt a little emotional as the big picture began to take cleare view. Just as Mike and Haleigh had suspected, Karen HAD been tormented by Barbas as a child...and had lost her childhood bestfriend Katie to Barbas. Grammie had protected her, fighting Barbas tooth and nail...and to spare Karen the pain and trauma of these memories, she cast a SPELL on Karen. THAT is why she had no emotional connection or any personal recollection of the entry about Barbas in the Darkhold!>>

<< Grammie had done all she could to make sure Karen fullfilled HER primary destiny. Even making sure that Barbas couldnt come back for Karen as an adult or the baby/child Morgan. Karen could see Grammie too hid her own problems and fears about Barbas well...maybe a little too well. To see her at the moment of her death from this view was no easier for her than it was the way SHE saw it all those years ago.>>

Grammie...i know that you did what you thought was best...but I wish you could have let Christopher and I help you. I know that things happen for a reason and I can NEVER thank you enough for what you did for me, for Morgan...without you...things could have been so different...so much WORSE.

I love you Grammie...I've missed you so much...

<< she wipes a tear away from her eyes.>>

Grammie: I love you too, little one...and I trust you understand why I did what i did. look at you and Morgan! she's taken the mantle of sorceress supreme! she's hecate's avatar just as the goddess of witchcraft ordained and YOU...look how far you've come!

<< as the others processed Verna's words and visions and admitted they were off to a less than good start, Alison steamrolled over Nicolas as she outed him and many in the room reacted with UNDERSTANDABLE outrage...Karen shook her head with disapproval as well.>>

Nicolas...what a TERRIBLE thing to do! WHAT where you thinking!?

Sharon: That's just IT, Karen. He WASN'T!

<< Karen cought the hostility in Sharon's voice.>>

Grammie: What did you expect? he's ONLY a man! << laughing and waving her hand dismissively.>> once you learn that you can't expect much from them...then you wont be bothered with one for too long a time...I tried being married 4 times. I think the first one was the only one that really MATTERED to me. :D

<< as Delilah, Alison, Blaze and apparently Morgan were ready to cast Nicolas out then and there...with only MIKE flat out objecting, HALEIGH spoke up and offered a sound counter argument. Karen nodded in agreement.>>

Grammie: The hybrid understands much and just think...SHE wouldve been the one in the hot seat just a month earlier, eh? << smiling to her grand daughter>>

Karen: Haleigh, for all her vices, at her CORE loves this team as her own family. she's fiercely protective of them. the things she does...sometimes are BEYOND explanation but...

Grammie: She bother's you because she's an affront to some of your sensibilities.

Karen: yes...

Grammie: LIGHTEN UP, little one.

Karen: Grammie, having to raise Morgan ...protect her from Christopher, all the things we DID endure...it caused me to adopt some astringent ways, to become very...

Grammie: UPTIGHT and RESERVED?

Karen: << blushing a bit.>> well...i suppose...but having protocall and things of that nature helped me to...

Grammie: Yes, yes...it helped you to do well and you did a WONDERFULL job Karen. But Haleigh is no WORSE than anyone else in this room and you said it yourself...you KNOW she cares about this team as if they were all she had...because they ARE all she has. She's a keeper, sweetie.

<< it was further confirmation to Haleigh that Karen's attitude toward her had changed, slowly but surely. Verna was even validating her. something that Ororo, Hecate and Athena had YET to do.>>

Karen: well, I have become less concerned...so i think I AM lightening up. Ever since I became Shadow Weaver...

Grammie: You've reached a milestone in your life as I did many decades ago when I changed from the peace loving witch to the high priestess that I was when I protected you from barbas. I had to. a demon had killed my first husband and in order to save myself and avenge him i had to change...down to my core. Just as you did when you sought to rescue Morgan from Set and later revived Michael from death. You are just where you need to be...and you will soon find that you are a beacon to other young witches just as I was with my coven. That is why you felt the way you did about Arielle. I felt that way about Nancy. She helped me in keeping you safe from Barbas and it cost her her life. When you bury ARielle, make SURE that you, Morgan and Alison perform the ritual for a lost witch, to ensure she passes to a peacefull hear after.

Karen: Thank you Grammie...

<< they hug...as they carry on their sidebar even as the general conversation gets UGLY around them.>>

Grammie: awww...you're welcome little one. now then...what about this Michael? He's very handsome and vital, even if he IS merely a mortal. Is he SECURE enough to be with you, as a witch? You know Christopher was never one i approved of...but he DID try his best, until he lost his way from the seduction of Mystech.

<< she looks at Mike and winks...even as Alison screams at him. its her way of letting him know itll be okay soon.>>

Michael...you behave yourself and take care of my little one. Or i'll show you the REAL meaning of "an american haunting".

<< her bold but no less true warning to the man as Karen and Grammie soon returned their attention to the full conversation at hand.>>

<< Morgan, Alison , Delilah and Blaze were ready to banish Nicolas. Sharon was ...not QUITE clear on what SHE was going to do which was more dangerous...and Mike was losing ground FAST.>>

Karen: MICHAEL! WATCH YOUR MOUTH! Just because you don't agree with Alison doesnt mean you have to talk to her like a SAVAGE!

<< reprimanding him as he cussed in front of Verna! she glared at him sternly.>>

Grammie: << standing up...she lifts her hands...and a clap of thunder explodes.>>

ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! everybody just SETTLE DOWN!

<< moving toward the coffee table, she holds her hand up for calm and silence.>>
 
Mike stopped as Karen spoke to him and caught Verna's wink and warning. His mood broke as he realized that this will also pass. He smiled a bit back at her.

I will take care of her...maybe she'll keep me around. But you are welcome to haunt me if you like.

Mike quieted as Verna took center stage...
 
apartment 4

<< Verna looked among them all. Frayed tempers, unresolved feelings of pain and anguish, feelings of betrayal and disrespect. NO WONDER Barbas had awakened from his exile ahead of schedule.>>

Verna: Now then. Have a seat Nicolas. You're not going anywhere.

<< she said as she sat on the coffee table and motioned for Nicolas to be seated.>>

and don't you think about leaving either, Sharon.

<< her precognition telling her just what Sharon was about to do.>>

we can't have you destroying the Zacchara's dwelling...not yet anyway.

There's ALOT of problems here...but they all lead back to ONE THING...a LACK OF TRUST!

You want to SAY you trust Nicolas because you know its the "right thing" to do...but really, none of you, save Michael, does. And you know what? THAT'S OKAY! because until he PROOVES you wrong...you have EVERY RIGHT to feel that way.

Sorry, Michael. But you're just going to have to get over your need to protect Nicolas at every turn. It's not helping.

<< looking at Nicolas.>>

and YOU.

<< shaking her head with disapproval.>>

I realize you have a handicap...because of your gender, but really Nicolas...let's TRY to be adult here and think clearly.

<< she begins mocking him as she tilts her head and changes the tone of her voice.>>

I have done this. I have done that. I will do this. I WOULD do that! What about when i did this!? And I did THIS so you should do THAT and it shouldnt MATTER what i did with whomever because I did this this and THAT.

WRONG!

<< she says in her own tone.>>

A man who does the most for the community but goes home at night and beats his wife is NO BETTER than a serial killer or a rapist who is KNOWN for their misdeeds.

Word about you travels FAST.

Oh yes, Ororo, Dominique, Myself...EVERYONE who is ANYONE here and ELSEWHERE knows about you. You think you're the ONLY one with a monster parentage? or that it gives you the right to leave chaos in your wake with every stupid choice you make? did you not hear ANYTHING Dominique said to you the other night?

You tell THEM to get it together? my dear boy, YOU need to get it together.

You can bring the WORLD to their doorstep...and while that would be an accomplishment, it would mean NOTHING the moment you HURT one of these women or even Mike...whether its INTENTIONAL OR NOT!

The choices you make have IMPACT, Nicolas..and so far, youve acted as though you live in a vaccuum. You may be 22...but you're STILL a grown man and its time to start ACTING like one.

and don't bother calling for Dominique...I've already had an audience with her. Like i said...word travels.

SHOULD you be cast out tonight? YES. But are there reasons NOT to cast you out? to be fair...YES.

<< she said in a cordial tone.>>

Is it YOUR descision? NO.

Sleeping with an ENEMY of the Six was a stupid choice to make. a man at ANY age would be just as stupid for making it. if you're THAT hot in the pants..next time ask one of the witches to CONJURE you a woman.

<< she laughs softly.>>

Meanwhile, here you are, at the center of ANOTHER mess you've made. You've hurt EVERYONE in this room. Now, i'm not one to give men much credit... after all, I've been married four times and even had to VANQUISH one of my husbands. but it takes ALOT to become responsible for so much pain in one group. you SHOULDNT be proud of it Nicolas. NOR should you ignore it.

<< standing up and looking at the others.>>

and all of you are hurting...all of you WANT To move on, but you're AFRAID because you dont know how! that FEAR , the DYSFUNCTION is what has brought Barbas HERE and NOW. If all of you DON'T fix this...you're NOT going to survive!

Is that what you want?

You think just because you've ignored Harbinger's warnings before and somehow muddled your way through...this will be any different...it WONT and if Morgan dies...Hecate's Dark Trinity will be BROKEN. You saw what happened the LAST time that happened.

Now...where will you go from here?

I SUGGEST that you all just...realize that this young man here is not going to be ANYONE'S picture of perfection ANYTIME soon.

Nicolas? you need a nice double dose of HUMBLE PIE and the rest of you need to start letting go. I KNOW it's easier said than done. But i've BEEN there and if this old broad can handle it...so can you! you young people today are too sensitive...too DELICATE.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas was about to leave on his own, fuck them all.

Then Grammie spoke. He did not disagree with much of what she said, although he was still puzzled about why, he accepted that screwing Claudia somehow hurt his team. And so he sat, saying nothing at all. He had nothing to offer that would help in his estimation. And so he offered nothing.
 
Apt 4

And while we're on a cruel world, you will still be on your old one if it had not been for him in large part. You have stayed loyal to your PLAY sister and I stay loyal to the man I helped raise. We both know where we stand, so stay in your lane and don't worry about what I do because it will NEVER change.

Biting on her bottom lip, Blaze could feel the anger beginning to spiral out of control. His little trite remark about Morgan pissed her off but rather than continue all day and night with him she tried to brush the dirt off her shoulder. But it ate at her like acid on the inside.

Finally, Verna spoke up and tried to do damage control. But everyone in that room wanted to either walk out or punch someone in their mouth. For Blaze she wanted nothing more than to desk both Nicolas and Mike. Yet, she knew it wasn't mature or even the civil thing to do. So, she listened to Verna's arguments, a woman who was honest in her analysis yet opted to see both sides of the coin. Something Blaze could accept.

Sleeping with an ENEMY of the Six was a stupid choice to make. a man at ANY age would be just as stupid for making it. if you're THAT hot in the pants..next time ask one of the witches to CONJURE you a woman.

"I think conjuring Lorena Bobbit would be a great idea." Mumbled Blaze who was still fuming over Nicolas sleeping with Claudia.

Sitting back on the large sectional Blaze fell quiet looking back to Verna only to glance back at Morgan. It was her call after all.
 
apartment 4

<< as Haleigh spoke at JUST the right moment to cut Spellbinder from casting Nicolas out, Spellbinder was BEYOND hurt...she felt BETRAYED. not because he was WITH HER but because he chose her ENEMY. NOT some strange , unknown woman.. THE ENEMY!>>

<< it wasnt like before when it was Haleigh! THAT hurt Morgan...THIS made her feel like ANY trust she had in Nicolas was GONE and the void was being filled with ANGER.>>

Why don't you sleep with CIRCE next time Nicolas. Im sure the fact that she all but RAPED ME of my power and my soul could be excused for the 2 minutes of pleasure you could give her eh? In fact...We could bring KELLY KING back from the dead, along with Erika and Alexis! ALL enemies of this team, and all FAIR GAME according to YOU.

<< she spat with disdain as she rolled her eyes. Blaze and Alison argued with Mike who AGAIN was right there ADDING to the problem. Morgan decided to instead do her best to console SHARON who was VISIBLY upset.>>

Sharon...I KNOW you're upset...we all are...

Sharon: No. you don't get it, Morgan! He sat there...and ASKED me about Claudia, WHY did I hate her so much. When i explained to him the VERY REAL situation, who she was...what her family had done, what they were capable of, he acted like i was MAKING IT UP! Like my time as a Senator and my efforts against the Zaccharas was a FIGMENT of my own imagination!? Like i couldnt distinguish the Zaccharas from the Cassidines?? Even when Alison WARNED HIM as a PRECOG the seed of trouble she brought and I ASKED him to stay away from her...he LIED TO MY FACE!

He nearly TORE my apartment apart during his ill fated attempt to try to force Barbas to release Cameron. Had Dominique not came, i don't know what i would have had to do...but after she left, HE left...and NOW I know where he went!

<< Sharon points at Nicolas>>

Sharon: You're a LIAR, Nicolas. Your word means NOTHING. You don't care WHO you hurt as long as you get what YOU want.

<< Morgan felt badly for Sharon. She had viewed him as a SON...and now he betrayed her trust.>>

.... Sharon...

<< just as things degenerate futher, GRAMMIE steps in. Morgan lightly places her hands on Sharon's shoulders to keep her seated and everyone quiets down as Grammie speaks. The woman was right. she spoke with clarity but something else she said...they all needed to just...LET GO. they were too sensitive. BUT she agreed that Nicolas was WRONG for what he did.>>

Grammie...what ...HOW can we get past this? its not that THIS ONE THING is the ONLY thing. Its just ONE MORE PUNCH IN THE FACE among MANY that we've suffered from HIM this past month!

All we want from him...

<< realizing she needed to address him.>>

from YOU is to THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU"RE DOING!

Don't try to tell US about OURSELVES when YOU are being JUST AS MESSY as you claim US to be!

<< she bellowed.>>

I am the LEADER of this team and it falls on ME to mamke a descision. If had to do what was right for the EMOTIONAL WELL BEING of this team right now? i would say its time for you to GO. You've become an emotional CANCER.

and do you see what've you done to SHARON?

<< gesturing to the Silver Swan, whose face was buried in her hands.>>

You hurt HER, probably more than any of US.

Claudia Zacchara is not our friend, she's our ENEMY. She found her way into our lives by the most improbably of circumstances, the winds of chance blowing JUST SO SLIGHTLY in her favor. Now that she's here? her EVERY ACTION has prooven She's a THREAT, a SUPER POWERED THREAT at that...as in we may be FIGHTING HER sooner rather than later. You had SEX with her. That is the DUMBEST THING you have done SINCE your remarks to Alison on Aerie.

SOMEHOW we've got to let go of the pain youve caused...but You arent making it any easier and THAT doesnt MEAN we excuse you, that we APPROVE of what youve done...not by a LONG SHOT.

As your LEADER, I'm TELLING YOU... You need to learn how to shut up sometimes...LISTEN and LEARN.

<< unaware that Dominique had said the same thing.>>

I'm thinking outside of myself now. You've already ruined my life ONCE and you'll NEVER have the chance to do THAT again. NOW I'm thinking about this team...this FAMILY. We could DIE if we dont do something different as we struggle against Barbas. Right now YOU are the weakest link...so YOU need to get YOUR SHIT together...OKAY!?
 
Nicolas listened further, almost analytically. He didn't get it at ALL. Everyone was so angry about the whole thing. It seemed silly to him but, their responses were not. He needed more information and to clarify things a bit.

OK...I did not expect THIS at ALL. Maybe a roll of the eyes, definitely Alison being pissed because I sneaked away for a while...but all of THIS?! WHY?! Over sex with her just because you guys hate her? I mean this...I wouldn't have done it if I knew it would really hurt any of you here...Morgan we aren't together, probably never will be, the rest of you aren't even in the discussion, mostly... but there was no love or affection involved at all. I do not feel any differently about any of you than I did before I did it...I still do not know what the big deal REALLY is. I am sorry if it hurt any of you. Geez...Sharon I did not see it that way or I NEVER would have done it. Not in a million years, not to see you like this. Not like this.

A genuine apology combined with a comment sure to piss off SOMEONE...but the young man was clearly exasperated and confused at the amazing negativity of the reactions in the room. He reached for Sharon haltingly, not of fear of her, but to see her this way actually got to him.
 
Melrose -- Apt 4

Blaze: "Just because Nicolas has a two year old waiting in his pants doesn't give him the right to throw temper tantrums and screw anything with two legs!"

[nodding] "I agree, it's just…"

Nicolas: "I have been facing Barbas EVERY day and you and some others here have been primarily running your mouths while Morgan, Alison, and Karen hang in the balance."

"Nicolas. Be reasonable here. We have ALL been facing Barbas just as long as YOU have. The difference is…. None of US are sleeping with him. On account of… [shudder] that's just disgusting, but MOSTLY because he's the ENEMY. Don't you see how that would be a problem?"

Mike: "Geez…you'd think you never met a 22-year old man."

"Look, Mike. If he wants to be an immature, 22 year old womanizer, that's FINE. But NOT with the woman who's caused EVERYONE here --INCLUDING HIM-- nothing but GRIEF. That was a BAD decision on his part and the SOONER you BOTH stop deflecting attention AWAY from that, the better off you'll BOTH be."

Alison: "Haleigh, you know just as well as Sharon what and WHO Claudia is. Don't bother to deny it. Karen was not aware of who Claudia was when she conducted the business transaction with her so many months EARLIER...but now that we know who she is...can we ...SHOULD we excuse Nicolas' DELIBERATE choice to sleep with HER of all people?"

"Of COURSE not. I just don't think we should make such a BIG decision in HASTE like this. I know neither he…. Nor Mike…. Is making a very good case for him right now… but if he can find a way to exercise a little impulse control… and a little compassion for those that his actions will affect… [sighing, rubbing her eyes and shrugging] I don't know."

She truly didn't. Instinctually, she didn't feel right about throwing him out… but there was no logical defense for the way he'd been acting lately. How could he not understand, or care, the way they felt about Claudia? He KNEW what she'd done. Haleigh stood up, taking herself a bit away from the increasingly heated 'discussion'. She went over to the window and looked out at the courtyard. She was near Verna and Karen and couldn't help but overhear them talking about her… but she didn't say anything. She was a bit comforted by Karen's acceptance and Verna's insight, but it was a small relief in the midst of this confrontation that was blowing up in front of them. Nicolas and Mike were increasingly stubborn and hostile. Talk about adding insult to injury… Mike wasn't helping, he was only making things WORSE! Verna stepped in, admonishing everyone to calm down and giving her own, impartial take on the situation. Haleigh turned back around to face them all but stayed by the window. Verna seemed to get Nicolas' attention, at least. He started to apologize… and still didn't understand why this bothered them all so badly. Was it THAT complicated?

"It's not 'just because we hate her', Nicolas. This isn't some stupid catfight, or that we don't like the dress she wore or her hair style or something, okay? She tried to HURT us. She tried to hurt Morgan…. And she tried to hurt me. And if she had the chance, she'd do it again. The fact that you would still want to have relations with her…. KNOWING what she did to us…. It's unfathomable…. And it's NOT COOL. I mean…. Do you really think it was 'just sex' for her? Mark my words: She is going to take THIS and throw it in our faces, and she will LAUGH at us. YOU'RE the punch line, and WE are all some big JOKE to her. Well, I'm TIRED of being laughed at. SHARON is tired of being laughed at. Morgan is tired of being laughed at. And EVERYBODY ELSE here can understand that… but you and Mike can't."
 
Roosevelt Hotel

Claudia: "What?! Oh don't tell me you weren't planning on it! I'm a human lie detector, you can't fool me."

Clara laughed softly but said nothing… just left it unspoken. The conversation moved on to more serious fare. Claudia admitted to being scared. Clara met her eyes, her voice quiet.

"I'm scared too…"

Claudia: "There are a lot of things you don't know about me, Clara. Things that....[hesitating] are horrible. Barbas knows these things. And he's going to use them against me. He's coming after me and I don't know if I can handle what he's about to do."

Clara reached for her sister's hand. She didn't care what Claudia was talking about… she loved her sister and that would never change.

"We'll handle it together."

Claudia brought up their father, and how much he'd enjoy seeing Claudia this way. Clara rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Please. If Daddy had to face this Barbas creature, he'd be crying like a little girl."
 
Clara: We'll handle it together.

"You say that now."

Murmuring under her breath, Claudia looked down at her hand which Clara squeezed. It was refreshing to have someone on her side, regardless of what she had or has done.

Clara: Please. If Daddy had to face this Barbas creature, he'd be crying like a little girl.

With a smile.

"I'd pay good money to see that. I'd pay even more to watch Barbas rip his world apart the way he did ours."

The contempt in her tone was unwavering. Claudia despised her father and the way he treated her. The way he had cast her away as a child for something that wasn't even her fault, and never let her live it down. But under all the hate there was a need for approval. He was her father, and every little girl wanted to be DADDY'S little girl. The fact that she didn't get that made her very bitter and angry, but most of all hurt. It was worse for Claudia when she was younger, but now as an adult, she wouldn't hesitate to kill her father if he got in her way. Survival of the fittest.

"Anyhow."

Claudia decided to change the subject.

"I think i'm going to watch a movie or something....try to pass the time. I'll see you in the morning Clare-bear."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"It's not 'just because we hate her', Nicolas. This isn't some stupid catfight, or that we don't like the dress she wore or her hair style or something, okay? She tried to HURT us. She tried to hurt Morgan…. And she tried to hurt me. And if she had the chance, she'd do it again. The fact that you would still want to have relations with her…. KNOWING what she did to us…. It's unfathomable…. And it's NOT COOL. I mean…. Do you really think it was 'just sex' for her? Mark my words: She is going to take THIS and throw it in our faces, and she will LAUGH at us. YOU'RE the punch line, and WE are all some big JOKE to her. Well, I'm TIRED of being laughed at. SHARON is tired of being laughed at. Morgan is tired of being laughed at. And EVERYBODY ELSE here can understand that… but you and Mike can't."

Nicolas thought, his analytical side taking over. He answered her, quizzically. He still didn't REALLY get it.

Then why was it improper for Mike and myself to be angry when Zach returned? He hurt you, and in the process, the two of us as your friends. The lesson I implied from your response, as well as the others, was that it was none of our business and we should butt out of matters of sex and love unless it is a security matter, which Claudia is not for me. Even now, Zach has slept with Claudia and yet you are angry at HER? And even seen her again tonight, but he wasn't quite tempted it appears. Oh, you didn't know...sorry.

Nicolas was scanning now, Zach's mind an open book...

So now, what will you feel if Claudia brings it up? About me? How will she be ruibbing anything in your faces if you aren't interested in sleeping with me yourself? Why would it matter? She is indeed not a good person, but in this case, she attempted to embarass Morgan by pairing her with me, not cognizant of the depth of the result. And she is in a pissing match with you since Zach. Spiders, Haleigh? Funny, her sister HATES them. But I see that it hurts all of you, but I don't understand how I cannot protect you from Zachary yet you CAN protect me from Claudia, for example.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Apt 4

Blaze watched as Morgan finally addressed the situation. Awww, they weren't voting off Nicolas and Mike on Survivor Island? Boo! But Morgan was the leader and she was trying as best as she could to think of the team. Even as Blaze sat quietly this time she could see how hurt Sharon was. Something that dug like a knife for Blaze who was very close with Sharon on her world.

Reaching over to Sharon to take one of her hands in her own to squeeze it. A gentle stream of heat would radiate into Sharon's hands in hopes of calming her down. All thanks to Nicolas!

Haleigh spoke up now and of course Nicolas didn't zip it! Rolling her eyes at his apology. It seemed Claudia had seduced Nicolas AND Zach.

"Has everyone had a slice of the Claudia?" What did she honestly have to offer? She was spoiled, a bitch, and selfish. But in a few ways Blaze could admire her strategy by sleeping with all these men and manipulating them. It seemed Claudia was quite the femme fatale.

But Claudia needed to be put in her place! The only person who could do it would be her sister, Clara. Already Blaze was thinking of her sister and everything she wanted to say to that dumb bitch! A devious smirk crossed Blaze's lips before Nicolas' voice could be heard in the background.

Standing up Blaze moved next to Sharon to try to calm her down. "Don't you cry for him, hon. He's not worth it." Nudging into Sharon, "He doesn't deserve those tears." Rubbing Sharon's back to help Morgan out before looking at Morgan.

"I don't see why we need him [Nicolas] when his apology wasn't even sincere?"
 
Nicolas: "Then why was it improper for Mike and myself to be angry when Zach returned?"

"Oh, I DUNNO…. MAYBE because Zach was my GUEST. Maybe because I brought Zach into my home, to talk to him, about something that has NOTHING TO DO with any of the REST of you. MAYBE because Mike ATTACKED him, WITHOUT PROVOCATION! How was Mike's behavior in ANY way appropriate?? He acted like a NEANDERTHAL… and the wild ANIMALS that he brought with him! I understand that Mike cares, but it was NOT his place to confront Zach, and it was CERTAINLY inappropriate to physically ASSAULT him in my apartment. ZACH is not the enemy. ZACH is not trying to hurt me, or Sharon, or ANYONE ELSE here."

Nicolas: "Even now, Zach has slept with Claudia and yet you are angry at HER?"

Her anger was getting the better of her now… she wanted to stalk across the room and punch him right in his mouth… but she knew… it'd do no good.

"THAT WAS DIFFERENT! ZACH didn't know what he was getting himself into! ZACH didn't even know her GOD DAMNED NAME!!"

Nicolas: "And even seen her again tonight, but he wasn't quite tempted it appears."

[narrowing her eyes]"WHAT??"

Nicolas: "Oh, you didn't know…sorry."

There was a loud explosion nearby… Haleigh looked vexed. She took a deep breath and shifted her gaze to Morgan.

"I'm sorry…. I'll pay for the repairs. [looking back at Nicolas] I will NOT discuss Zach's… involvement… with Claudia. The only person it affects is ME, and I will deal with it. It had NO BEARING on YOUR decisions regarding Claudia, so you LEAVE him OUT of this."

Nicolas: "She is indeed not a good person, but in this case, she attempted to embarrass Morgan by pairing her with me, not cognizant of the depth of the result."

"Embarrass? She tried to RUIN Morgan's comeback. Don’t you remember how you FELT at the photo shoot? The way Morgan treated you? Part of that was Barbas, but he was just CAPITALIZING on what CLAUDIA pulled together."

Nicolas: "Spiders, Haleigh? Funny, her sister HATES them."

"OH, WHAT DO YOU CARE?? You banging her sister TOO??"

Nicolas: "But I see that it hurts all of you, but I don't understand how I cannot protect you from Zachary yet you CAN protect me from Claudia, for example."

[scoffing, her tone harsh] "You think I'm trying to protect YOU? [pausing to take a deep breath and remain calm despite having to yet AGAIN point out the differences] You wanna know the difference? Anything that [gesturing to herself]I do with Zach is MY decision… and as long as it doesn't hurt [gesturing around the room] ANYBODY ELSE, it remains MY business. If YOU want to run off with Claudia, that's YOUR choice. In my opinion, you might as well dip yourself into a vat of boiling ACID, but hey, it's YOUR life. HOWEVER… it becomes MY PROBLEM when the woman YOU are involved with so HAPPENS to be the one who has been creating GRIEF for me and the people that I care about. I am trying to protect THEM. YOU should be trying to protect them TOO."
 
Delilah was still slouched in her seat next to Alison. She had listened to everyone take a turn here on the Jerry Springer show, and then to Verna, who actually made sense to her. There had been a time once when she had really not liked Haleigh. But they still had managed to work together. Maybe they had all placed too much emphasis on being friends instead of recognizing that they were essential coworkers.

But Nicolas still made her want to bang her head against the wall. Could it be possible that he really didn’t know what a hypocrite he was being, that he really didn’t understand what was so wrong with what he did?

Black Widow was about to blow – well, apparently something somewhere had actually blown. She ratcheted up her natural luminosity, a (most likely) vain attempt at calming things down. Delilah stood up, briefly putting a reassuring hand on Haleigh’s shoulder before turning to Nicolas.

She held a hand up in a gesture of “pausing” the others. Her tone was surprisingly free of malice, merely inquisitive, as she tried to make him understand what it seemed he was missing.

“Nicolas? Why do you think my involvement with Bishop was wrong?”
 
“Nicolas? Why do you think my involvement with Bishop was wrong?”

Because you were INVOLVED with him, loved him even though he hated everything you were born as. You didn't bang him and return to your sisters, your team. It was not empty or fleeting, and we currently were dealing with him as a mortal enemy. But...I get your point I think.

Nicolas looks away...thinking.

Point taken. I should have been more...empathic to how it might seem to the rest of you. I simply did not think of how you would take it. I could not even see that you would even care or be UPSET. In a way, I though maybe one or two of you would get some...amusement at her throwing herself at me and only becoming momentary amusement in the end. I regarded her lightly as an enemy, someone who might irritate us or threaten to do things like ruin Morgan but could not REALLY get her plan executed, not against US. We wouldn't allow that. I simply decided long ago to look on in amusement, knowing that she would realize her folly far too late with the enemies she was making. Sharon spoke of her mob past, but we have people in our midst with that past and worse, so I wasn't affected maybe as I should have been. I apologize. I know that you are all pissed, but please...let's save Cameron and our people from this prick and then you can all get back to hating me. Just conjure up all the love you can stomach and let's come together like we always do and do this. Morgan, lead. Alison, plan. Delilah, inspire. Haleigh, fuck somebody up. I will chip in...

Looks back at Morgan and shakes his head.

QUIETLY.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top