Generation X Favorite?

Clairvoyance

Don't Panic
Joined
Apr 28, 2005
Messages
179
Location
Michigan; United States
Who's your favorite Generation X character?

My favorite Generation X Character is Jubilee. She is, in my opinion, what makes Generation X so great. I also like Emma Frost, but not as much in Generation X as in X-Men. Ick. Anyway, I personally like them all. Too bad it sort of ended...it was a tradgedy. Really.:shrug:
 
Jubilee? Seriously? I always loathed her, from her motor-mouthed naïvety to her ridiculous over-attachment/protectiveness of Wolverine, when clearly he was far better on his own...
 
Banshee was my favorite. I thought he made a good teacher and have always liked that character. Too bad he has an effeminate codename. ;)
 
Yeah, but like that could ruin his image. Sean Cassidy was a fantastic character, and probably my personal favourite, too. I've never liked him as much as I did under Claremont and Lee (my own X-Men Golden Years), but he's never lost much appeal for me as a character...
 
True enough. You can't really change a main character's name unless they go through some dramatic power-altering change (like Angel or Jean Grey into Phoenix).

Personally I think Jubilee is a little refreshing in comparison to some of the other characters in the x-men verse. She's more human than they are in a lot of ways because her powers don't give her as much confidence.
 
Does anybody remember Mondo? Probably not, he was in like 2 whole issues before they decided to kill him. I thought that character could have been great but the writers decided to wait for him to join the team and then after he joins he gets like two adventures and then goes psycho trying to kill GenX.

I think that Banshee was ruined because of that comic. It's worse then being lost in Limbo. He was a great character that the writers just seem to want to ruin. How many times has he lost his voice now?<<eyeroll>>
 
I did like Jubs but I liked M more due to how mysterious she was and her background. Nobody knew much aboout her until later on. Plus Gen X's enemy was actually her brother Marius aka Emplate. ;) :D Above all I liked how she turned herself into two twin sisters, that was cool! :angel:
 
Jubilee was much more fun and competent as a character when she returned in the pages of Uncanny X-men following the Inferno. she had been ORIGINALLY introduced in an X-men annual in 1988...but she returned in the x-men issue "Ladies Night" in which Storm, Psylocke, Rogue(Ms. Marvel's psyche was in control at the time) and Dazzler rescued her from the M squad. During "acts of vengeance" Jubilee was most certainly a good character to watch...her loud, energetic, irreverent attitude in contrast with Wolverine's typical "loner" mentality and Psylocke's intimidating allure made for interesting dynamics but i digress...


i LOVED M, and the White Queen. both women were the epitome of bitchy , icy glamor.

M was easily one of the most powerfull members of the team and even challenged the White Queen's position of authority on more than one occasion.

i always wanted M and Synch to hook up..that would have been a sexy couple.

Blink was ORIGINALLY a member of Generation X and her death cast a long shadow over the team back in its beginnings....as far as teleporters in the marvel universe go.....she is right behind Magik as my favorite.

i thought the ending of the comic was rather shocking...with Emma SHOOTING and killing her sister in the name of vengeance for Synch's death which was Adrienne's fault.
 
Hawksmoor said:
Jubilee? Seriously? I always loathed her, from her motor-mouthed naïvety to her ridiculous over-attachment/protectiveness of Wolverine, when clearly he was far better on his own...

Great opinion, but too bad this isn't that 'I hate Jubilee' thread.Come on, you didn't even state YOUR favorite character in that post.:rolleyes: This is what I mean, a lot of people don't see her true potential because they probably choose not to look for it. Well, she IS annoying, but she's also fun. It all evens out. That's why I like her so much instead of any other 'America's favorite' type character that everyone loves.

I don’t find her annoying at all…and it’s confusing to me that so many do. I think she’s extremely brave and that she’s capable of so many things, but everyone just doesn’t really realize it. I admire her. When I was younger I wanted to be just like her…except, I got mad a lot because I’m white/black instead of Chinese. *pouts* I DO wear sunglasses that are like hers, though. *smiles* I loved her in the Animated Series. My favorite one with her in it was the one where she was in the cave telling stories with all of those little kids. I also like when they were in the Savage Land and she was “Jubilee of the Jungle”. *laughs*
 
I agree I just really liked Monet St. Crioux or however you spell the last part, I just thought she was a hot little number and Penance storyline was pretty cool too ;)
 
its a shame that they shunted M off to the "X corporation" team. She was easily one of the more powerfull mutants in the whole X universe and couldve been an excellent addition to X force or the Uncanny X-men teams. I didnt care for the Penance storyline myself. it was beginning to get confusing between M, her twin sisters and her homicidal brother.
 
Back
Top