sinosleep
Rising Star
I've read issues 1-25 yesterday afternoon and today and I gotta say I LOVE this series. The art is great, the concept is great, hell everything about it is great. It really gets to the nitty gritty of super hero lives and everything we usually don't get to see in most super hero comics.
Dialogue like this certainly doesn't hurt either....
Invincible is flying a villain that has come up with a plan to take out the top villain in town. He asks him why he doesn't go straight and joing the Guardians of the Globe. His reply is great,
"You mean go Straight? You don't really get it do you? You guys risk your lives for nothing... it's dangerous. Every one of your villains is out to kill you. As long as we don't get too wrapped up in revenge, and start wasting our time going after you guys...our lives are carefree.
The Guardians are a fine gig, but I doubt they are looking to hire someone like me...Besides they really earn their money, you know what I'm saying?
We just steal stuff, tear stuff up, and have a good time. Every time one of you heroes comes after us, we know your not trying to kill us. The villain side of this is risk free, until you start building better prisions, that is...But no matter how tough they make those things they'll never work. You put that many super-powered villains in one place and I guarantee you something will go wrong.
The side of the angels is for rubes, my friend. It's a fool's game. You've got everything working against you.
Thanks, but no thanks."
Dialogue like this certainly doesn't hurt either....
Invincible is flying a villain that has come up with a plan to take out the top villain in town. He asks him why he doesn't go straight and joing the Guardians of the Globe. His reply is great,
"You mean go Straight? You don't really get it do you? You guys risk your lives for nothing... it's dangerous. Every one of your villains is out to kill you. As long as we don't get too wrapped up in revenge, and start wasting our time going after you guys...our lives are carefree.
The Guardians are a fine gig, but I doubt they are looking to hire someone like me...Besides they really earn their money, you know what I'm saying?
We just steal stuff, tear stuff up, and have a good time. Every time one of you heroes comes after us, we know your not trying to kill us. The villain side of this is risk free, until you start building better prisions, that is...But no matter how tough they make those things they'll never work. You put that many super-powered villains in one place and I guarantee you something will go wrong.
The side of the angels is for rubes, my friend. It's a fool's game. You've got everything working against you.
Thanks, but no thanks."