No lifeguard on duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP, Apt. 4

<< who did he think he was? pulling a stunt like that! she didnt need HIS help! still, secretly, she really liked the picture and she knew it would draw attention from the right kind of people. sparking interest in her whereabouts and what she would be doing next! the age of the "supermodel" was dimming...there not very many left, but Morgan was among the few longstanding names. She knew she had a few more years left before her time in front of the camera was over and unlike OTHER supermodels before her, she knew the business and marketing side of it too. maybe she'd start her own agency out here. who knew? still...that NICOLAS thought SHE needed his help? it definately sit well with her. >>


<< after having showered and lavished herself, Morgan felt more refreshed than ever. Some more fruit and bottled water and she felt fine on the inside too.>>

<< wearing a new clingy teeshirt which read "Packaged in Limbo" across the chest with a khaki mini skirt along with some strappy wedge heeled sandals, the sorceress was now brushing her hair while listening to "Hung Up" by Madonna and lightly singing along to the words....with thoughts of her hanging up on and slamming the door in Nicolas' face danced in her mind's eye.>>

<< finishing up, Morgan moved from her bathroom out into the hall. hearing her cell phone ring, she walked out into the living room and picked her phone up. not a number she recognized.>>

hmm...this better not be Nicolas trying to be sneaky.

<< she says with bitterness as she accepted the call.>>

Hello?

"Ms. Victoria? I think you should sit down for what I'm about to tell you."

what?? WHO is this?



Pausing before she would continue, "There's no easy way to tell you this but your sister, Blaze Fielding has been in an accident. We will need you to come down to the Wilshire Memorial Hospital to fill out a couple of forms. She's in surgery as we speak."

...goddess!!!

<< Morgan blinked a few times before shaking her head.>>

al...alright I'll be right there!

<< ending the call, Morgan looked quite upset as she turned off her stereo and grabbed her keys and purse.>>

Blaze....

<< she was making her way to the door just as Delilah was about to knock.>>
 
Harbinger said:
Soon, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan will be dancing on tables in your bar and Morgan can get into catfights with Tiffany Pollard outside of the bar!

“Those posers won’t be allowed to set FOOT in MY place.”

She laughed along with Alison as they made their way out of her apartment and towards Morgan’s. And then, there was Haleigh.

Haleigh completely ignored Delilah’s presence while asking for a word with Alison. Delilah raised her eyebrows and looked at Alison – who told her to go on to Morgan’s.

“O-kay…”

She ascended the staircase, looking back to see the two going towards Haleigh’s place.

“Nice to see you too.”

She shook it off as she reached Morgan’s door, and raised her hand to knock. Suddenly the door burst open and Morgan nearly ran into her in her haste to get outside.

“What’s the hurry, Morg – you find a cockroach in your apartment?”

She made the joke, then noticed the look on Morgan’s face, and her own switched to one of deep concern.

“Whoa whoa – wait a sec. What’s wrong? What’s happened?”
 
"It won't take long."

Haleigh replied, as Alison said she didn't have much time. Delilah went on to Morgan's, Haleigh and Alison took a short walk back towards #5.

"Well... I just wanted to apologize, for last night. I realize I got a little unruly, and... I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I also... would like to thank you... for stopping me from making an even worse mess of things."

She seemed to realize the effect she COULD have had on Morgan... and however she felt about Morgan now... she clearly didn't WANT to add insult to injury. They reached her doorstep.... and Haleigh stopped, turning to face Alison and taking a deep breath.

"There's one more thing.... I'd like to ask for a little discretion... regarding my behavior last night. I was angry... and hurt... frustrated... and feeling a bit vindictive. It's not a part of me that I'm particularly proud of, and I'd appreciate it if no one other than you and Blaze have to know about it."

It was a request wrapped in more humility than Haleigh was known for. Clearly, she was feeling like she'd made a mistake in attempting to confront Morgan while intoxicated. Of course... Haleigh was blissfully unaware that by now, practically EVERYONE knew about it, with the exception of Morgan.
 
Dinner in the crystal dining room

<< Karen greeted Mike with a hug and a kiss as well. smoothing out her cashmere tee after his tight hug.>>

<< he walked her to the crystal dining room and seated her before seating himself across from her.>>

<< Karen sips wine from her crystal goblet.>>

Well, I had an interesting suprise visit from Nicolas earlier today. Something was different about him. I think he's turned a corner, which is a good thing. I feel somewhat encouraged about him...FOR him.

<< sitting across from Mike, she catches his smile..>

And how are things in L.A.? how is my daughter?

Life in Melrose Place?
 
out in the courtyard

:: Alison listened as Haleigh spoke. Not interrupting until the end, when Haleigh asked if they could keep her behavior between them.::

Well, I must tell you that Delilah and Sharon already know about it, as does Blaze, who was there with me. However, no one has told Morgan and no one intends on doing that. Once is enough [ referring to when Alison threatened to expose them if they didnt tell the truth after the first time it happened.].

I told Delilah that everytime you endear yourself to me...to anyone on this team, you manage to find a way to repulse me. I want you to stop doing that.


I understand you were drunk...very drunk. But you're running out of excuses Haleigh. You were doing better than you were being given credit for before last night. For YOUR sake, I hope that what happened last night does not happen again.


:: she left it at that, and looked beyond Haleigh, across the way to the stairs leading to apartment for. Delilah jerks back as Morgan nearly crashes into her. Something's wrong.::
 
apt. 4

<< as Morgan opened the door to step out, she nearly crashed into Delilah, exclaiming with a start as she did so.>>

Oh Delilah!

<< as Delilah joked about her running from a bug, the humour was lost on the sorceress, who looked visibly worried. Delilah asked her what was the matter.>>

I just got a phone call.

Blaze...she's been in a terrible accident and she's at Wilshire Memorial Hospital...in SURGERY!

They have her in SURGERY! Anything could happen to her.

<< Morgan preferred to heal those that she cared for when at all possible.>>

Come on. We have to hurry!

<< rushing down the steps with Delilah right behind her. She soon saw Haleigh talking with Alison, but didnt stop as she made her way toward the gates.>>
 
Haleigh sighed and shook her head as Alison informed her that both Delilah and Sharon already knew what happened, and became slightly indignant when Alison told her to 'stop doing that'.

"Stop? Well how do YOU suggest I do that, Alison? This is who I am… this is ALL that I am. I REALIZE that I can be…. Simultaneously admirable and despicable… but what do you want from me? I can't CHANGE who I am anymore than I already HAVE. It's the CHANGES I've made that's got me so fucked up…. [her eyes narrowing at Alison from behind her shades] And you KNOW that, don't you? [folding her arms across her chest] Look. You were right about one thing last night… for all my strength, I do have a debilitating impairment… my heart is… weak. I use my head so much… that whenever I follow my HEART... The results are DISASTROUS. And I really don't know HOW to solve this problem… except to ignore my heart and its wounded beat. But then, of course… ocassionally, you get what we had with Set… or last night. My heart run rampant. [shaking her head] I'm not looking for excuses, Alison. You know me better than that. You ALL do…. But a little UNDERSTANDING would go a long way. And for ALL our sakes… I hope I can learn to control my IMPULSES… even when I CAN'T control my HEART."

Alison is looking behind Haleigh, across the courtyard. Haleigh can see from her expression that all is not right.

"What? What's wrong??"
 
the MP courtyard

:: Alison heard Haleigh and would have immediately responded, but she was too distracted, as she saw Morgan coming down the stairs with her keys , purse and Delilah following.::

:: Haleigh saw Alison's look and figured that something was wrong..asking what it was.::

:: pausing::

It's Blaze.

:: Alison began to make her way towards Morgan and Delilah.::

Morgan: Blaze was in an accident! a bad one! She's in surgery now!

Alison: Alright, we're coming with you....NO argument Morgan!

:: knowing that Morgan was in one of those moods..and would protest.::

wait...we can't all fit in your car. maybe you better teleport us from inside the courtyard!
 
Well, I had an interesting suprise visit from Nicolas earlier today. Something was different about him. I think he's turned a corner, which is a good thing. I feel somewhat encouraged about him...FOR him.

<< sitting across from Mike, she catches his smile..>

And how are things in L.A.? how is my daughter?

Life in Melrose Place?

Mike smiled even wider at the news of Nicolas visit. The boy was learning. Mike reached into his jacket and took out the paper, opening it to the ad of Morgan.

I figured as much. Nicolas had a talk with Alison last night after all of us had gone to the club, a new place called Rain. I think you would like it, get those dancing feet warmed up. Their discussion was dicey at first, but the fact that Alison actually didn't try to eat him alive was encouraging for them both I thought. I must have been right because I was greeted with THIS first thing. I hope Morgan cab out up with it because according to my quick investigation it's running all week, a different pic each day.

Mike laughed heartily, then took a drink of his wine before continuing.

They're both hurt, Morgan has a ways to go and she still cannot yet forgive him...but I think at some point things will calm down. My hope is that the others will give Nicolas the same chance that you have.
 
Delilah's hand went to her mouth in shock - Blaze...in an accident?!

Who's behind this?!

It didn't seem possible that one of them could be injured in something so "normal" as a car accident after all the things they had faced. And although she had only known this Blaze for a few weeks, it felt like it was happening to their Blaze.

She hurried along behind Morgan, meeting up with Alison and Haleigh. She didn't even think twice about Haleigh's presence - she forgot she was supposed to be mad at her and it just seemed natural that the old tin can would be coming with them to the hospital.

Morgan teleported them to the hospital, where years of working on the police force came in handy as Delilah got into the face of the hospital workers, demanding information on Blaze's condition.

"Ms. Victoria is Ms. Fielding's sister - it is her legal right to be updated immediately on the patient's condition..."

She slapped her hand down on the counter, then, seeing two uniforms standing in the hallway, she excused herself to go speak to them about the accident. If anything out of the ordinary had caused this, she was going to find out...
 
Minerva's Mansion- crystal dining room

<< Karen looks at the newspaper with intrigue as she smiles.>>

Oh Morgan...

<< she says as her smile widens a bit.>>

She looks so much happier now than she did a few months ago. I knew that once she got back into the world and was able to go back to what she loved most of all, she would bloom again.

<< interesting that NICOLAS had paid for these ads.>>

I must say though, it IS kind of ..."pretty woman"esque of Nicolas. Morgan prides herself on succeeding or failing on her own in the modeling industry, I dont imagine she took his involvement in this very well. I hope that he realizes you can't BUY forgiveness or recovery...that its the LITTLE things that can mean the most.

I am confident that things will only get better for the both of them.

<< she says as she folds the paper and sets it aside.>>

Life in L.A. typically leaves little time for wallowing in personal crisis. Everyone out there is driven to succeed or be beautifull forever.

<< looking at Mike as she eats lightly.>>

I think i'm a bit too old to be dancing side by side with the young starlets of today. Besides, i was tripping the light fantastic at Studio 54 alongside Cher, Michael Jackson and even a young Madonna when YOU were just a baby...and trust me, these kids today dont know what glamorous decedance is.

<< she winks at Mike.>>

<< soft classical music plays as the dinner continues.>>

I'm glad you could visit. I've been so happy here with Alison and Pandora, It's a life that i never thought I'd have...at times I didnt think I'd even be alive to ponder "what's next."
 
Wilshire Memorial

I'm her SISTER you IDIOT! I'm her next of kin! it was the hospital that CALLED ME!

<< in the hospital, Morgan was receiving LESS than courteous treatment by the apathetic nurse at the reception desk. as She tried to find out where Blaze was and her condition. Morgan screamed at the woman that she was her sister and the nurse seemed unmoved and so Delilah, having experienced this many times before as a cop, got down to the point with the nurse as Alison kept Morgan from smacking the woman across the room.>>

<< the nurse got a clue and went to get the doctor who had presided over Blaze's surgery.>>

<< Morgan was shaking with anger and disbelief as Alison held her.>>

by the goddess..

<< she said with an exasperated town.>>

is this what our "health care" system has come to? i can't believe...i can't believe this happened! Had i known i would have INSISTED Blaze be taken to Cedars Sinai.

<< Delilah went to talk to some police who were standing outside the swinging double doors leading to O.R.>>

Alison...<< whispering.>> this is a cross time alternate of Blaze, what if something goes wrong in surgery!? can you "see" if there are any problems...or complications?

<< Morgan was definately feeling jagged and uncertain. She was close to reclaiming her career and now this??>>
 
A flash of fear and pain. Then NOTHING. Nicolas was jolted form his meditations as he tried to pinpoint what had just occurred. before Set, it would have been child's play, as all of the mind's of the Six that weren't psi-screened (even Sharon's to a much lower degree, even Morgan's due to her letting him past would leave an imprint he would recognize) were known to him. But now, after the schism between the team, he could not find out who it was. He searched manually, but there were TOO many minds to screen in the nation's second-largest city.

Frustrated, he had dismissed it as a s random scan he had simply picked up, and he hoped that they were OK. But then he felt an agitation outside the door, something WAS wrong. From Delilah's unprotected mind he "heard" Morgan.

I just got a phone call.

Blaze...she's been in a terrible accident and she's at Wilshire Memorial Hospital...in SURGERY!

They have her in SURGERY! Anything could happen to her.

<< Morgan preferred to heal those that she cared for when at all possible.>>

Come on. We have to hurry!

Nicolas started out to the courtyard to join them, then hesitated. Stay? Or go? He shook his head and sighed. He would never forgive himself if something happened to her and he could have helped.

So he grabbed a few important papers he would need, opened a door, and...

...arrived at the hospital, exiting from an unoccupied bathroom.

He saw the group in front of a receptionist, giving her HELL. The receptionist left but returned without the doctor; instead she came with another receptionist who was was clearly unimpressed, handing them a clipboard.

She's her SISTER? Good. We need her information, including medical insurance in order to finish her processing. If you-

Allow me.

Nicolas cleared his throat.

Ma'am, you will find the necessary information HERE for Ms. Fielding, including personal medical insurance information that I am SURE you will find satisfactory. Now, Ms. Victoria will require an IMMEDIATE update of her condition, especially if your hospital expects to be PAID. I am the CEO of my company's self-insured plan under which Ms. Fielding is covered and if Ms. Victoria is not COMPLETELY satisfied, I will not authorize ONE RED CENT for you and I am CERTAIN that your administrator will not be happy with THAT, especially once I arrive with my team to audit this place. Are we understood?

Y-Yes, Mr. ah...


KING

Mr. King. I will have an attending meet with the family immediately.

Thank you for your attention.

Nicolas stepped away to one side. They may not like him right now, but that exchange showed he was still a businessman to be reckoned with...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I must say though, it IS kind of ..."pretty woman"esque of Nicolas. Morgan prides herself on succeeding or failing on her own in the modeling industry, I dont imagine she took his involvement in this very well. I hope that he realizes you can't BUY forgiveness or recovery...that its the LITTLE things that can mean the most.

I am confident that things will only get better for the both of them.

She probably was a bit...agitated, but I think that's something the ladies here on the team never GOT about Nicolas. He does stuff not because of what it will get him, but because he thinks its right to do. For HIM, this is a little thing. That ad was ashtray money to him. He probably still broke even on the hour it may have taken to do it. He's just following his heart which seems to have righted itself and the sooner that people realize that he has never tried to purchase anyone, the better.

Mike touched her hand, playing with the ring on it.

Take this ring. It was not the most expensive, though it cost a LOT. It was the most beautiful, reflected you the best. He valued it for its simplicity, beauty, dignity, and the straightforward effect of it: elegant but not gaudy, just like YOU. So he bought it.

Mike kisses her hand.

I am really having a good time with you right now, we must do this OFTEN.

Mike leans back and looks her over...

So, how else did you spend your day, Shadow Weaver?
 
Wilshire Memorial

:: Alison looked a little less pissed as Nicolas dealt with the receptionist. She may have kept Morgan from back handing her with enough force to send her THROUGH the wall, but that didnt mean she didnt feel the same anger at the lack of care being exhibited by the receptionist.::

:: Delilah was checking on the accident report with the police, wanting details on what happened and who else was involved ::

:: Alison sat with Morgan and reassured her.::

I don't see any problems arrising, as far as them somehow detecing that she's not the original Blaze.

:: she didnt say that the possibility of death loomed more than she would have liked. still, the situation at the moment was in far better control thanks to Delilah and yes Nicolas.::

:: it was always moments like this that brought a family together, even if there were problems going on.::
 
Minerva's mansion

<< after dinner came coffee and desert. Karen had enjoyed the quiet evening with Mike thus far. Just to sit across from him, with BOTH of them feeling better about where they were in their lives as individuals and as a couple.>>

<< she heard what Mike had to say about Nicolas and it was fair enough. she glanced at her finger that wore the ring Nicolas had given her. >>

a learning experience for them all. in many ways, life after Bishop disaster and Set has forced us all to start again. It's not easy. but if there was one common thread among Morgan and her friends, its that some of their greatest set backs and nightmares came at the hands of men that they cared about. It's not easy to recover or move forward...but it will come.

<< and soon it was time to leave the table as the wait staff cleared away the coffee and desert. Mike asked her what she'd spent her day doing.>>

<< she wrapped her arm around his as they walked along out of the crystal dining room and down the hall a short distance before reaching double glass doors leadning out to a marble path outside where the evening ocean air was blowing.>>

my days are more relaxed. i have gotten to know Pandora, taken a more in depth tour of the underground catacombs, beheld some of the most amazing things, the "artifacts of mankind" that are hidden therein. I've had a chance to add new entries into the Darkhold book of shadows. I'm also looking into a new "costume" for those times of adventure or battle. My flying suit, while a typical garb for a witch... just seems a bit..."dated" to me all of a sudden.

I never thought I'd be in a place like this. I've come so far since my days living with my Grammie, watching her and her coven as they performed magick, meeting and marrying Christopher, having and raising Morgan...and all thats come since then. And here i am... not looking as old as i sometimes feel...and with you.

<< a bit of warmth in her voice as she held close to Mike while walking with him. the din of the ocean in the background all around them. >>
 
Mike smiled, listening to Karen speak about how her life had changed. As she spoke of a new uniform, he playfully squeezed her bottom, laughing...

Hey, why not show off a bit. Everyone else does, and you have the goods.

Mike spun behind her, holding her from behind as they walked slowly out farther on the path. He kissed her neck as she seemed to appreciate the path her life had taken. He smelled her perfume, took a moment to savor it before speaking softly in a deep voice into her ear.

I'm glad that things seem to be looking up a bit overall. In fact, I have an idea. How about we conjure up some new sexy fighting clothes for you and we can have a fashion show? I will help you choose...
 
In the heat of emergency, all awkwardness was forgotten. Alison insisted that they all go together and that prevented Haleigh from having to force herself... and strangely, neither Delilah NOR Morgan seemed to mind.

Something they ALL minded, however... the receptionist in serious need of at least minimal people skills. Haleigh was very near coming across the counter and tearing the woman's head off, right in full view of the police officers Delilah was talking to. Luckily... Nicolas stepped in and dealt with her in a more reserved way. Haleigh took a deep breath and searched the hospital computers for records of Blaze's admission, as she made her way over to where Alison and Morgan were. She kept her voice low, sitting next to Morgan [without thinking, really] and leaning in so Alison could hear as well.

"She has a broken arm and a head wound, they're running tests for internal injuries and brain damage. She's been unconscious. It doesn't sound good. How are we going to get Morgan in there to heal her? I can disrupt the hospital systems and cause a little distraction, but I don't want to do it TOO long-- all patients on life support may be adversely affected, and Blaze is going to have a LOT of company in the ER while they try to stabilize her condition... but Alison can just freeze THEM. The hardest thing will be to make a clean getaway. They've already got her admitted and made notes of her condition... any abrupt change or disappearance will be documented and of course... we don't want to attract any of the wrong kind of attention."
 
and the day goes on

<<It was moments like this that allowed them to come together. they seemed to do BETTER in someways during moments like this. Would it ALWAYS have to be this way?>>

<< being "out of action" for so long might have softened them a bit but as Haleigh hatched a plan to get them past the hospital staff and security, Alison agreed to it. Between Haleigh and Delilah, the cameras would either be scrambled by light or not working at all. Nicolas would be able to deal with minds and Alison could freeze everyone in sight, making it possible for them to reach Blaze and Morgan heal her.>>






<< Sharon is back at the building preparing for her mid morning flight with her gryfalcons. >>

<< the mutate doesnt realize that she's about to meet one of the newest residents who isnt really "new" to HER at all. its just one of many surprises that have happened already and the day has only just begun.>>

<< Claudia is preparing to leave for Affinity Models, unaware that she too is about to run headlong into a most unexpected meetin/reunion right in the courtyard.>>

across the world

<< Karen decides to indulge Mike's request to do a sort of fashion show as she searches out a new costume for herself, with the help of her chamber maid she begins the process of selecting an assortment of costumes that she thinks will suit her. >>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MP -- Apt 6

Claudia: "The authorities have been trying to take down our family for years and still have yet to even PROOVE we're affiliated with the mob. I'm not worried."

Clara gave her sister a wary look.

"Don't get complacent, Claws. We can't afford to be careless."

She warned, in between taking bites of her excellent omelet. She caught sight of Claudia smiling and mentioning getting Johnny an appointment for apartment hunting. She wondered what was with the smirk, but was distracted when her sister teased her about sleeping in late. She shrugged it off.

"What's the RUSH, exactly? I'll get stuff done when it's convenient for ME."

She said with a wink, feigning complaint when her sister swiped food from her plate. Clara waved Claudia off when her sister excused herself to get ready for a meeting.


"Have a good day…. Thanks for breakfast!"

She finished eating and rinsed off her dishes before sticking them in the dishwasher. She, too, had to get dressed... but her 'meetings' were of a less business venture. She was going to go shopping before she bothered to make any calls to the local casinos. Her sister's modeling agency was a perfect front business but Clara was smart enough to know that the more fronts they had, they more they could divide their revenue, and the easier it would be to disguise what they were doing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top