so finally saw super size me

sinosleep

Rising Star
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
113
Location
from Florida stationed in Hawaii
Wasn't sure whether this belonged in the main moonlight lounge, or in the round table section but what ever.

And I must once again restate just how much I can't FUCKING stand how the US will NEVER place blame for anything on the people responsible. I mean, let me get this straight. McDonalds isn’t supposed to advertise to children? WHY not?

Are they putting a fucking gun to anyone's god damned head and MAKING them eat it? Are you not PAYING for a god damned service? PAYING for it! There’s no damn addictive substance secretly slipped into the food. Everyone knows the shit's bad for you but its McDonald’s fault you got fat? Goodness, I wish I ran this country. I would line these dumb asses in a room and kill them by firing squad. The people suing and all their supporters should not be allowed to have children.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I never saw this film but I thought it was somewhat artistic of the guy to investigate the food Mcdonalds serves.

Honestly, I don't believe Americans have the right to blame anyone for their obesity except themselves due to poor diet and lack of exercise. I'm tired of individuals attempting to sue a company for "making me fat" or "having a heart attack." Give me a break, I think everyone is responsible for their own health. Some are just in denial and looking for a scapegoat because they don't want to face reality.

I do believe Mcdonalds attempts to lure children through commercials. They have happy meals and that play room thing not to mention the Mcdonalds characters. They want children too but I think they won't out right say it.
 
McDonalds clearly markets it's products too kids. They may not admit it but Children are a marketing priority too them.

I thought the film was quite interesting too be honest and the guy actually embarrassed the hell out of the company.

Many knew McDonalds was ultimately bad, but I'd say not everyone knew HOW BAD it was. That film identified that without all the scientific jargon.

I think the best bit was when the Doctor told him if he continued he'd die. As he was destroying his liver or something.

Wasn't it soon afterwards McDonalds made a (yearly) loss for the first time in like 30 - 40 years?

Either way it forced McDonalds over here to instantly re-work their menus and start and extensive campaign promissing 100% chicken breast, beef, finest quality potatoes, salad menus, healthy drinks and fruit for kids happy meals.
 
I never said it doesn't market to kids, I said WHY shouldn't it. McDonalds isn't meant to be eaten three times a day like he was eating it and again, everyone knows fast food isn't good for you. I thought it was an interesting movie and have nothing against it.

What I am against is morons suing the fast food companies for their own stupidity.
 
sinosleep said:
I never said it doesn't market to kids, I said WHY shouldn't it. McDonalds isn't meant to be eaten three times a day like he was eating it and again, everyone knows fast food isn't good for you. I thought it was an interesting movie and have nothing against it.

Fair do's I miss read that but what I think is that people know Fast Food is bad overall but don't realise HOW bad, which is what the film showed. And though common sense suggest that it shouldn't be eaten three times a day. McDonalds has never said that or given a reason why. It is possible to eat the breakfast and then go back for dinner. I wouldn't but no one (except nutritionist and those that do eat Mcdonalds don't tend to have/go/listen to a nutritionist) says you shouldn't.

What I am against is morons suing the fast food companies for their own stupidity.

The phrase only in America springs to mind. In England you'd get laughed at for even thinking it. But then English Food and takeaways are far from healthy.
 
I don't think the point was so much that McDonalds is some evil fast food entity. What I took away from it was that americans tend to have piss-poor diets and we're handing those diets down to our children. Hell, school lunch programs now offer fastfood as a daily option. If you wanted to eat McDonalds everyday you could.

But it was overrated much like Bowling For Columbine was (most overrated piece of propaganda ever).
 
I agree with the over rated deal... but I thought it did send a good message. I remember when I went to London a couple years ago... yes they have McDonald's but I was surprised that the marketing focus there is primarily on their salads and other choice healthier foods that the chains in the US don't carry.

I do agree that we as Americans do tend to do it to ourselves. I think it shows a lot about when somebody tries to sue some fast food chain because it was the chain's fault that made their child fat.... NO, it was your own stupid fault that you took your kid to whatever chain and bought them meal after meal. I guarantee you that the chain didn't do fre delivery just so your child could turn into a prepubessant fat-ass.
 
Back
Top