The Cartoon Wars

Nerull said:
Mate you must be blind. I have not said that the West is more "civilised" than the Muslim world. All I stated was that as a civilisation i.e. a group of people who live together in civil unity. The UK has almost managed to do this apart from certain factions war-mongering which is lobbied against heavily by various UK peoples as well as us tolerating muslim clerics who come over and preach their hate towards the west. I can imagine the uproar that would happen if a Christian leader were to preach like Abu Hamza.

And my point was that so has the Muslim world as a civilization. Rogue elements or "certain factions" do not dictate the aspirations of or the views of the whole as you expressed in your definition of where you feel the UK stands as a civilization. I wouldnt expect you or those like you to feel that you have to apologize for the "certain factions" and all I am saying as a Muslim, it shouldnt be expected of us either.

Is that too hard to understand?
 
Osiris said:
What does this have to do with the original proclaimation directly and indirectly that:

Western Society: Civil
Muslim Society: Un-civilized


i just wanted to point out (again) that this is how some muslims (both here and abroad) fee the exact oppositel: Western Society: UNcivilized (along with fat, lazy infidels); Muslim Society: Civilized, (holy, pure etc.)

and i saw THAT in one of your initial posts in this thread..
 
Nerull said:
True it shouldn't be expected it should be offered.

You like dancing in circles don't you? Im bored at work, so I will play....

A: Who's to say what should and should'nt be offered?

B: Who says it hasnt/wasnt offered?

That's my entire point, no matter how many columns, conferences, television appearances, books written, or Fatwas issued, we can never apologize enough, even though we shouldnt and don't have to, we do anyway, and then receive the same questions over and over as you have posed. What do you want? What will it take?
 

Aren't these "death orders" for want of a better term ?

As in the ones that have been put on Salman Rushdie for daring to write a book some muslims found offensive.
 
Spellbinder said:
i just wanted to point out (again) that this is how some muslims (both here and abroad) fee the exact oppositel: Western Society: UNcivilized (along with fat, lazy infidels); Muslim Society: Civilized, (holy, pure etc.)

and i saw THAT in one of your initial posts in this thread..

I doubt that I said that, as I would be speaking of myself, considering I live in America.

Either way, you point out the truth that "some" feel a certain way, but not all, so why are the all being held accountable for the "some"?
 
Nerull said:
Aren't these "death orders" for want of a better term ?

As in the ones that have been put on Salman Rushdie for daring to write a book some muslims found offensive.

Nice try, pick up a book. A Fatwa is a religious or more specifically an Islamic edict made by Islamic scholars to give guidance and rulings based on matters of daily life in light of the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet(PBUH), these edicts primarily come from the Shariah or Islamic laws.

BTW, in the case of Mr. Rushdie, the "Fatwa" ordered was not a universally accepted one, as it came from an unauthorized source. Just like Osama Bin Laden issues Fatwas, but they are not recognized because he is not authorized to give them.

If your not conversing to exchange ideas and learn something, this is my last communication to you, because from your statement, its quite obvious that you are already prejudiced towards Islam and ignorant of the terminology that you mock.
 
Don't try and preach down to me, boy. I couldn't care less what colour you are or what religion you worship.

You talk about me showing my true colours how about the colours your showing at the moment ? You realize a thread's going the wrong way so first you try to throw the "can't we all get along" BS that tries to force me in to interjecting myself and once you realize that I ain't buying dat you then switch to the race card.

Oh and for the record seeing as you want me to see the "reflection of the mirror" Do you honestly expect that I haven't seen it ? :censored:
 
Let's not get CARRIED AWAY gentlemen. I'm all for heated debates...but lets try not to let things get personal or hurtfull (i.e. race ).

that's all i had to say :D
 
Spellbinder said:
Let's not get CARRIED AWAY gentlemen. I'm all for heated debates...but lets try not to let things get personal or hurtfull (i.e. race ).

that's all i had to say :D

Farrah, you know me better than anyone on the board, as you know, im just trying to be intellectual, fair, and balanced in my approach.

I don't care for name calling, insults, or racial bias.:D
 
Back
Top