The Flash (2014)

Black King

Lord of Darkness
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
3,366
Location
New York
So CW's Arrow spin-off staring the Scarlet Speedster. I'm really enjoying this show a great deal, I mean it has some worn out cliches n its deck but its fun. Anyone else here watching?
 
I am. Don't like it as much as Arrow, but I will stick with it. I'm confused as to why they made Barry be like a nerdy, techy guy and then they have Cisco. Why? I would also like to see Barry be more of the wisecracker we know and love.

They really should have moved Felicity to The Flash, though I would have been pissed if they had, but it needs another strong character. And a hot guy. A hot guy would do wonders for that show.
 
I don't think Barry Allen was ever a wisecracker in the comics, I think that was more of a Wally West thing. Barry was kind of stoic Pre-nu52 I mean he had a joke here and there but Wally was near constant with the banter
 
I'm getting into the Flash TV show. I've also been re-reading the JLA formation story in TPB & I definitely have a new found appreciation for Barry Allen, who was way more serious & demonstrated leadership potential right off. Pop culture wise, Wally West was always the more memorable Flash in print.
 
I've finally caught up with this and I think that we are not too far behind the US, in fact I think they are shown the same week.

I have to say, I was put off at first, Grant didn't sway me in Glee (yes I watch it) and I just didn't think he could do this character justice. Pleased to say that I am wrong.
 
This show is just the right combination of goofy and fun that makes it work well, its dramatic without having excess angst
 
The one where Wally's great-grandson or something comes back in time from the future because the world is basically ending and he meets the original couple of Flashes, but he has ulterior motives
 
Back
Top