The "Gay agenda"

Spellbinder said:
and FYI Jesus wasnt "black". according to his geneaology he was JEWISH. anyone can put a racial spin on his ethnicity and while i AGREE that he certainly wasnt the blue eyed, brown wavey haired figure you've seen in everything from the movie "Carrie" to the "Exorcist"...lets NOT get distracted by THAT.

Oh you misunderstand me I don't think nor care what Jesus was I was just highlighting an issue that came out of the bible to draw a comparison of impact of what was being implied by Frost.

But your right lets not get away from the point.

Something dawned on me though. - This point may have been raised before I'm just skimming thorugh the posts. This person, David Kupelian he defends the Malboro man and defines it as a symbol of American society:

As I said at the outset, Hollywood has now raped the Marlboro Man. It has taken a revered symbol of America – the cowboy – with all the powerful emotions and associations that are rooted deep down in the pioneering American soul, and grafted onto it a self-destructive lifestyle it wants to force down Americans' throats.

But that is very hypocritical because the Marlboro Man WAS the rape of a revered symbol of America and ultimately detrimental to American society. Though admired in the marketing/advertising world as genius it was also frowned upon ethically as it promoted cigarettes and smoking as a positive thing wthout highlighting anything negative; damaging a generations worth of health and perpetuating all kinds of lung disease.

Less damage will be done by someone idolising two gay cowboys than idolising a man smoking.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
While it's true that what color Jesus is is not the point, the Bible describes him as having "feet like Bronze...hair like sheep's wool...eyes like fire". If that's not a Black man, then I don't know what is.... the point at least deserves to be made that he could be a Black Jew. They do and have always existed.
 
Also when in the world did I saw I was into pornography? The world . . . I am against pornography, prostitution, strip clubs, masterbation, sexual violence, homosxuality, bisexuality and bikini mags.

I have joked with Binder and some other lovely ladies on the board but I am harmless.

My browser is messing up!!! Delete the extra threads please Admins thank you.
Also, I don't like porn, strip clubs, prostitution, bikini or seductive magazines.

I have joked with the lovely ladies like binder and titania . . but it's harmless.

I am sorry if I give off any negative impressions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Rampage said:
While it's true that what color Jesus is is not the point, the Bible describes him as having "feet like Bronze...hair like sheep's wool...eyes like fire". If that's not a Black man, then I don't know what is.

Bronze skin could be hispanic, white with a tan, or black. Hair like sheep's wool would also mean that it's blonde/white. Ultimately people will always perceive what they want to perceive. But as far as I'm concerned, people with "Jesus was white" or "Jesus was a black man" t-shirts have nothing to back up what they're wearing.
 
Personally I think no one was honestly saying anything past the point of what JESUS COULD BE. I was just using that argument as a comparison of impact towards something that Frost had implied.

Onwards with the gay agenda.

I think there is an agenda in as much as there needs to be as they strive for the same rights as any hetrosexual. In the end it is only social conditioning and the negative image around homosexuality that makes people so against it.

But saying that I do feel uncomfortable with Homosexual couples adopting. Wow just contradicted myself.... I guess I would like to be liberal about it all but when faced with certain moral/ethical questions I can't honestly say that I am comfortable with a few of things surrounding the issue.
 
I really don't have an opinion to give in this thread, but a couple things said I wanted to comment on.

First the whole "sanctity of marriage" back and forth going on: just because marriages are going down the toilet doesn't mean that they should or that marriages shouldn't be "sacred" or whatever the term would be.

Frost said:
My point is, how can YOU as an African American tell me, a homosexual what's right and what's wrong? Are you the pope? No. Do you have the power to govern laws? No. I can't comprehend why you argue against my rights when it happened to you or your ancestors years and years ago. I'm pretty sure your a religious man and that's all good and fine, but you have openly admitted to liking "white women." Tell me Mr. Crow, where in the bible does it say a black man and a white woman are meant to be? I don't believe it does and therefore your sinning as much as me. We hear about Adam and Eve, but where is there Monique and Adam? There's not.

You talk about pornography and homosexuality like its "evil" but good sir, your just as "evil" with your interracial love interests. And isn't it true, most black men enjoy anal sex? Isn't that another crime in the bible? A crime that most connect with homosexual men, but heterosexual men are just as guilty.

What does being African-American have to do with his opinion on this subject? Are you really calling "gay" a "race"? And you're really going to make a stereotypical statement about anal sex and Black men like that?

Frost said:
I've come to realize America is hypercritical in what they say to the constitution to laws and civil rights. Are we really united and equal? No. We're a diverse nation yet when it comes to gay rights or the "gay agenda" most are against it? Why? Fear of the unknown? I can't say but what I do know is those who oppose it went through the same situation back in the day.

As for the Constitution - it is an ideal. It is not hypocritical - wanting our country to stand for equality and working for that is the point. You can't legislate what people believe, only how they act.

As for a gay agenda - I don't know if there's one. It's probably a piece of the liberal media agenda I guess. Young people in this country I think believe some things are true because they're told they should believe that - not because they've really thought about it and made their own mind up. Okay and I'm not saying that gays should not have the same rights as anybody else - cause personally, I don't give a shit what other people do - but we are taught nowadays that it's wrong to think being gay is wrong and (as this thread shows) would come across a backlash if we said differently. The same is true for being conservative - it is damn hard to be a conservative young person in this country. Kids today are taught that it's "cool" to be liberal. Now that we're off on a tangent...
 
Vilandra said:
I really don't have an opinion to give in this thread, but a couple things said I wanted to comment on.
and yet here you are! :p :D you knew you couldnt stay away.


Are you really calling "gay" a "race"?

i'm sure heather will have her own comment on this but I happen to think that gay people should at least be a protected class and that would FORCE employers on a state and local level to list "sexual orientation" as one of the many things for which discrimination will not be tolerated. (just as race, creed, gender, religion, weight are listed) MANY states do not require employers to include "sexual orientation" in their harrasment policies and it allows employers a way to force employees out of positions if they have a problem with said employee being gay. Michigan is one such state and it makes it harder for those employees who have PROOF they were fired for being gay to sue accordingly [i know this because i watched a financial company i once worked for go through a major lawsuit filed by an employee who was openly gay and he was fired not even 6 months after he hired in and it was CLEAR that many of the young male loan officers had a problem with him]

And you're really going to make a stereotypical statement about anal sex and Black men like that?

LOL there are tons of STRAIGHT couples who voluntarily engage in anal sex...so thats NOT just a "gay thing"



As for the Constitution - it is an ideal. It is not hypocritical - wanting our country to stand for equality and working for that is the point. You can't legislate what people believe, only how they act.

but you CAN legislate equal rights and protection..

As for a gay agenda - I don't know if there's one. It's probably a piece of the liberal media agenda I guess.

its conservatives (like the one who wrote the article zorcrow posted) that cite the "Gay agenda" more than liberals.

Young people in this country I think believe some things are true because they're told they should believe that - not because they've really thought about it and made their own mind up. Okay and I'm not saying that gays should not have the same rights as anybody else - cause personally, I don't give a shit what other people do - but we are taught nowadays that it's wrong to think being gay is wrong and (as this thread shows) would come across a backlash if we said differently. The same is true for being conservative - it is damn hard to be a conservative young person in this country. Kids today are taught that it's "cool" to be liberal. Now that we're off on a tangent...

speaking for myself...my beliefs (if thats what you want to call them) have EVOLVED over the years from the template of what my parents taught me. personal experience, seeing things, going places have all helped me to redefine my beliefs and thinking so its truly MY OWN and not what someone else gave me. I may be in agreement with others on things and it may be that i'm more "liberal" by definition but thats because ive got a more humanistic attitude toward things. I'm not a christian, i despise christianity, i dont believe in the legislation of bigotry (which is what the defense of marriage act is) and i'm not going to concern myself with OTHER people's moral compass because I have my OWN to worry about ...something that SOME conservatives and religious groups dont seem to understand.

america is not the same across the board. we've got all kinds of people here...and they all should have equal rights and protection...REGARDLESS of what everyone ELSE thinks or feels personally.
 
Spellbinder said:
and yet here you are! :p :D you knew you couldnt stay away.

Only cause you made me... :p

Spellbinder said:
LOL there are tons of STRAIGHT couples who voluntarily engage in anal sex...so thats NOT just a "gay thing"

I wasn't disagreeing with that - just I mean, WHOA was that a big stereotype thing lol

Spellbinder said:
but you CAN legislate equal rights and protection..

That was my point.

Spellbinder said:
its conservatives (like the one who wrote the article zorcrow posted) that cite the "Gay agenda" more than liberals.

I was saying that the liberal media (not the same as liberals) possibly put out a gay agenda. I'm still not entirely sure what's meant by gay agenda.
 
Here are things we can agree and folks agree on in this thread.

1. Gays are a social "minority group"

2. Homosexuals do face discrimination in our society

3. Homosexuality has been around for thousands of years

4. It is wrong to fire folks because they are homosexual it is wrong to deny them jobs, homes, law enforcement protection and medical care because they are homosexual.

5. This pink layout of this webpage for Valentine's day looks gay . . (I am a guy working in a guy office, a pink/lavender background makes a dude look suspect).

6. It's wrong to hate gays . .

Those are the things we agree on.
 
ZorCrow said:
First of all the high divorce rate doesn't mean there isn't any sanctity in marriage. If you take out the "hollywood" marriages, and all the "immigration related" marriages you will find the divorce rate a lot lower than posted. Also the responses on this board or overtly typical.

The things you have to realize is with justice Alito a hard nose conservative coming to the court, things will change in this nation.

Why is it that over and over again the public has voted down gay marriage laws. Americans don't want gay marriage.

Secondly, you forget the federal defense of marriage act, signed by Bill Clinton marriage is one man one woman according to U.S. law.

Thirdly, many states still except for a few liberal states don't recognize gay marriage. You have liberal judges changing law that states made, pretty soon it's going to end up at the Supreme Court and with Alito and Roberts on it .. it's going to be 5-4 and marriage will finally get a real definition that know judge can play with. Also, abortion is going to go the way of the dinosaur as well.

These aren't rights, being gay is a personal choice about a sexual life and many people make personal choices from consensual adult male to female to group sex. Just because a person chooses to make this their sexual choice
they shouldn't be given the rights that our society for hundreds of years have deemed important and essential.


I may be in the minority on this website but I am not in the general public.
Once these laws are put in place then this debate along with the abortion fiasco will cease to be meaningless.

The gay agenda was clearly stated in the article and it is clearly shown to have affect in our society. Viacom which owns BET, MTV, CBS and Infinity radio broadcasting (800 stations) constantly put out negative images of Afro Americans and ignore positive hip hop and real hip hop artists, but they are quick to push the gay agenda on folks.

If I offend folks by telling them the truth, then let them be offended. The embrace of homosexuality and pornography in our culture will not be for it's benefit but for it's decline.

Love, love isn't being buddy buddy or emotion, love is telling someone when they are wrong.

Okay... I'm pretty much done with this topic... I've stated how I felt and I'll leave it like that. I'm not going to respond to the entirety of your post because others already have and it would just be repetitive. I would however, like to graze a couple of things before I go.


  • Being gay, in my opinion, is less a personal choice than you argue... I feel that people are born gay just as they are born black or white, male or female... its just something that manifests itself in puberty and may even be realized later down the road. The PERSONAL CHOICE people make is whether they would like to FIGHT their nature and be miserable all their lives, or accept their sexuality and have some chance at finding happiness.... and no matter WHAT they decide.... they are still HUMAN BEINGS and they STILL deserve the very same priviledges you or i do, and that INCLUDES getting married.
  • I'm going to take a moment to stray off topic because what you've been saying about abortion has really affronted and AGGRAVATED me [and thats not an easy thing to do]. The abortion arguement MAY very well seem meaningless to you... but to me and women everywhere, it is NOT. You can be prolife all you want, because frankly, I don't give a damn WHAT you think about it. If a WOMAN is prolife, then POWER TO HER... but I'm not ABOUT to let a MAN tell me what I can and cannot do with MY BODY and MY LIFE. Now i'm not endorsing that women should have careless, casual sex and not be doing what is neccessary to avoid unplanned pregnancy or that 15 year old girls should have at it because they always have abortion as a back up, thats NOT what im saying. What I AM saying is that abortion is a decision that should rest SOLELY on the woman. The truth is that a man can easily skip out on child support and/or having an involved role in the childs life, while a woman does not HAVE that luxury. She has to carry the child for nine months and then give birth, and then care for the child for the REST of its life, so unplanned pregnancy is NOT something to take lightly. Not all of us can just be like, 'okay, let me STOP everything im doing and throw EVERYTHING I've worked for my ENTIRE life down the drain and have this child. Straight up, I can't have a child right now.... I've got TOO much on my plate... and I've worked FAR too hard for what i want... not to mention the fact that i can't provide for MYSELF right now, let alone a CHILD. Now, all that said, i know this isnt the topic thread for that particular debate, but i had to get that out so sorry for dragging everyone off on a tangent.
  • How can you argue against homosexuality and pornography as if the two are intertwined and both completely responsible for the decay of society? You agreed with everyone else when it was said that homosexuality has been around for AGES... AND it was ACCEPTED [though mostly an unspoken agreement] back at the time the roman empire was at its peak [and thereabouts in history]... MANY men engaged in homosexual sex with their apprentice boys [who were considered 'of age' back then] and then went home to their wives and fathered many children. Did YOU know that in the Illiad, which is written by Homer and was IMMENSELY popular and widely accepted and STILL IS, Achilles was homosexual? His lover was Patroclus, who was killed by Hector, which incidently, was the very REASON Achilles rejoined the war and ended up invading Troy. In the MOVIE "Troy" the screenwriters thought it best to write Patroclus as Achilles' cousin, probably because they felt it would be easier for the masses to swallow. Alexander was gay, and historians believe that he ONLY had sex with his Queen to father a child, where as he MADE LOVE to his best friend Hephaistion. Leonardo Da Vinci, the greatest inventor and most brillian visionary of ALL TIME, was FLAMBOYANTLY homosexual. ALL these men are LEGENDS.... they will FOREVER be remembered and regarded with respect... being GAY isnt a disease, it isnt a curse, and it has NO determination over what CALIBER of character a person is... and I feel it is a very slicing insult to the homosexual community for you to suggest that homosexuality will bring about decay of our society.
  • Finally, and ill be brief about this one, I disagreed with your very last statement about love... and you can peek into the 'what is love' thread to read more about that topic.
 
It's good rhetoric Titiania in your response . . . but what it comes down to is we have to follow the laws of the land. Right now abortion is legal. With Alito coming to the Supreme Court and the Republican majority in Congress and the White House . . before Bush leaves office I am guessing . . that Abortion might be overturned. That would change the culture in our nation.
The law then would be NO ABORTIONS . .. and then women won't be able to use it as birth control anymore.

I love the fallacy about abortion, these notions of "she had no choice" or "health of the mother." When asked most folks have abortions for trivial reasons and many multiple abortions. Abortion is being used as birth control for a nation in moral decline and IF THE SUPREME COURT stops it.
Then it's stopped.

Pornography is a perversion of sexual activity, homosexuality is a perversion of sexuality. As a child pornography investigator many of our sexual predators who watch child pornography have tons of homosexual pornography as well. To understand things Spiritually we have to understand the progression or degression of humanity in evil things. How come so many child rapists admit to "homosexual" feelings? There is a voice behind the homosexual movement one of child molestation that folks are afraid to discuss.

Most of the priests who were molesting kids were homosexual, boy on boy rapes why? It' because homosexuality is a violent act that only expands to more violence in the life of the individual.

Unlike you liberals who speak out of what you don't know, I arrest child predators, I go to their homes, I look through their porn collections, and after hours some days of looking at this crap you know what it's all about.

Even the great athiest Marquis De Sade . . spoke of the evil of homosexuality and that is why he embraced it.

It's easy to debate these things, but in the end of the day the laws of this nation will stand. I knew Achilles was a homosxual, I read greek mythology.
Cadmus is one of my favorites by the way. Medea and Hecate, Morpheus,
Priam and Phaethon all good tales . . . But the greeks fell and the romans fell and did in all their perversions did the Greeks and Romans have gay marriage? If they didn't why? Because they knew even beyond their lusts the decency of right and wrong?

Let us not go after the Romans or the Greeks but let us be a nation of freedom and strength. That calls right, right and wrong, wrong. If not why don't we go and live in England like Madonna and condemn the nation we helped pollute?
 
ZorCrow said:
It's good rhetoric Titiania in your response . . . but what it comes down to is we have to follow the laws of the land. Right now abortion is legal. With Alito coming to the Supreme Court and the Republican majority in Congress and the White House . . before Bush leaves office I am guessing . . that Abortion might be overturned. That would change the culture in our nation.
The law then would be NO ABORTIONS . .. and then women won't be able to use it as birth control anymore.

im glad you think the looming possibility of women being SLAPPED IN THE FACE as we lose our rights is something to crow about.

I love the fallacy about abortion, these notions of "she had no choice" or "health of the mother." When asked most folks have abortions for trivial reasons and many multiple abortions. Abortion is being used as birth control for a nation in moral decline and IF THE SUPREME COURT stops it.
Then it's stopped.

youre a MAN and you spoke on statistics..you dont know HALF the scenarios that women face...you dont know EVERY SITUATION in which abortion becomes a choice and you have no RIGHT to suggest that WOMEN IN GENERAL use it merely a form of birth control...and abortion is HARDLY the reason why the nation is moral decline..>THAT RIGHT THERE is "RHETORIC" itself!




Pornography is a perversion of sexual activity, homosexuality is a perversion of sexuality. As a child pornography investigator many of our sexual predators who watch child pornography have tons of homosexual pornography as well. To understand things Spiritually we have to understand the progression or degression of humanity in evil things. How come so many child rapists admit to "homosexual" feelings? There is a voice behind the homosexual movement one of child molestation that folks are afraid to discuss.

Most of the priests who were molesting kids were homosexual, boy on boy rapes why? It' because homosexuality is a violent act that only expands to more violence in the life of the individual.

do you realize how sweeping a generalization you are making? homosexuality and child molestation are NOT intertwined. the issue of priests molesting children does not default to homosexuality...pedophilia is its OWN PROBLEM and not all homosexuals are child molesters :rolleyes:

Unlike you liberals who speak out of what you don't know, I arrest child predators, I go to their homes, I look through their porn collections, and after hours some days of looking at this crap you know what it's all about.

sweetheart...you are making this PERSONAL for alot of people. first of all...just as we are "liberals who think we know everything"...it could EASILY be said that YOU are a bigoted, rabid conservative who speaks before he thinks. and while i cant speak for everyone ELSE here, i am the daughter of a psycho therapist and she HAS dealt with both pedophiles and other patients who are gay...if i need to QUOTE HER on some of these issues that you think you know so much about simply because of your occuptation [and i work for the federal government too so whats your point?] then i will. you're off base...youre linking things that DONT GO HAND IN HAND.



Even the great athiest Marquis De Sade . . spoke of the evil of homosexuality and that is why he embraced it.

It's easy to debate these things, but in the end of the day the laws of this nation will stand. I knew Achilles was a homosxual, I read greek mythology.
Cadmus is one of my favorites by the way. Medea and Hecate, Morpheus,
Priam and Phaethon all good tales . . . But the greeks fell and the romans fell and did in all their perversions did the Greeks and Romans have gay marriage? If they didn't why? Because they knew even beyond their lusts the decency of right and wrong?

Let us not go after the Romans or the Greeks but let us be a nation of freedom and strength. That calls right, right and wrong, wrong. If not why don't we go and live in England like Madonna and condemn the nation we helped pollute?

you sound like Carrie's mother (from the movie) a rabid religious zealot who finds evil in every corner and in everything. now you attempt to reference MYTHOLOGICAL CHARACTERS who were gay? what the hell difference does it make what their sexual orientation was? does it LESSEN the impact they have made in the arts and humanities or greek/roman antiquity?

and for your information...EVERY great civilization has seen its rise AND fall...the Roman Empire is probably the most NOTABLE example of this but history prooves that no one "empire" lasts for ever and that can be for a VARIETY OF REASONS...homosexuality and gay marriage is HARDLY a definative factor in the fall of the roman empire so come again. :rolleyes:
 
Say what you want to say about Carrie's mother but she was correct.

"They're gonna laugh at you" and they did. She knew doom was coming and it came, Carrie died (at her house) but so did the folks she slaughtered in the gym. The old lady was a windbag but she was right about the disaster that was coming.

Also, we do work for the Federal Government, but I investigate child pornography, do you? We have different jobs that require different knowledge. My knowledge is not based off statistics from some right wing website, but first hand dealing with these monsters. I am not claiming, "Dr. Dietz or John Douglas expert status" but I am saying so far with the perverts we catch they have a ton of homosexual porn and beastiality along with their child porn. That's a fact binder . . also most of the man on boy abusers admitted to being "homosexual." I know that's something folks don't like to say it's an ugly truth.

Also about abortion, THESE ARE FROM WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN ASKED WHO HAVE HAD THEM. It's their responses Binder not mine, if they said for "rape, abuse or incest" then that's what I would have said. Instead the answers were, "I didn't want a child, I had enough already, just didn't like the guy anyore . blah , blah, blah."

Human beings do evil things all the time, I have done bad things you have done bad things, we have to be honest about the bad and stop calling evil rights and stop denying connections.
 
What does being African-American have to do with his opinion on this subject? Are you really calling "gay" a "race"? And you're really going to make a stereotypical statement about anal sex and Black men like that?

Being African - American has a lot to relate to the subject. He's a black male who in some point in his life had to right for his rights OR his ancestors before. Therefore I'm asking how is it fair for him as a black man to tell me what's "right" or "wrong." I feel its hypocritical that I'm denied my rights because of my sexual orientation. Yes, I am calling "gay" a race, we are people here too. There are plenty of folks out there who are gay. Also the defination of "race" is "a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics." I apologize if you took my statement in the wrong context. But Most black men(that I know) have admitted to enjoying anal and oral sex. My point in making that statement was most people feel homosexuals particpate in anal sex, when heterosexuals do too including some black folks.


As for the Constitution - it is an ideal. It is not hypocritical - wanting our country to stand for equality and working for that is the point. You can't legislate what people believe, only how they act.


Its hypocritical to me and that was my point. I was clearly expressing my views on this. This country to me is hypocritical. Gay people aren't believed to be "race" nor can they marry. If we're so "united" then we should be allowed. Plus if we're ALL so united why is there different pay wages for men and women? Why do we drive different cars?
 
LOL, Farrah, Zorcrow started talking about Achilles because I brought them up in my last post, which is at the end of the last page... his post will make more sense if you read mine. ;) He didn't just pull that out of his ass for the hell of it ;)

EDIT: okay, i jsut saw the abortion thread so while i had responded in this thread im going to move it there.
 
Titania said:
LOL, Farrah, Zorcrow started talking about Achilles because I brought them up in my last post, which is at the end of the last page... his post will make more sense if you read mine. ;) He didn't just pull that out of his ass for the hell of it ;)

*giggle* You made a funny. *giggle* (I would like reiterate the "I'm a bad person" thing) I live in the gutter. I like it there. They know me.

Anyway, i've already mentioned that anyone who claims there's some massive underground movement of gay people to "corrupt" the youth of America, is probably just paranoid and most likely using the claim as a scare tactic to advance their political agenda. But, I think the discussion has moved beyond that, to discussion of homosexuality in general.

In general, I think the government should stay out of people's private lives as much as possible. And what's more private than who you love? Or who you have sex with? So, I think that any law restricting the rights of human beings based entirely on their sexual preference is intrusive and wrong. After all, I wouldn't want anyone telling me that I can't adopt a child because I'm STRAIGHT. And you can pull out as many bible verses as you want, but guess what, our country's laws are not based on the Bible. They're based on the US Consitution.

(On another note: did you know that any sexual position except missnary is illegal in the state of VA? What I wanna know is how they enforce it. Do lawmakers ONLY have face-to-face heterosexual...boring..sex? Do cops?)

Edit: I forgot to mention the Greek thing!!! That was the whole reason I started to post!

Anyway, you can't compare homosexuality in the US today to the Greeks and Romans. Culturally, it's completely different. For instance, we have very little documented evidence of lesbians (despite the word descending from the name of the island of Lesbos. After all, one poet possibly writing on commision for others does not a societal movement make.) Homosexuality to the Greeks at least (I don't know as much about the ROmans) was nearly always a relationship between an older gentleman of rank and a younger teenaged boy or young man who was going to grow into a similar rank. It was a coming-of-age thing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Frost said:
Being African - American has a lot to relate to the subject. He's a black male who in some point in his life had to right for his rights OR his ancestors before. Therefore I'm asking how is it fair for him as a black man to tell me what's "right" or "wrong." I feel its hypocritical that I'm denied my rights because of my sexual orientation. Yes, I am calling "gay" a race, we are people here too. There are plenty of folks out there who are gay. Also the defination of "race" is "a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics." I apologize if you took my statement in the wrong context. But Most black men(that I know) have admitted to enjoying anal and oral sex. My point in making that statement was most people feel homosexuals particpate in anal sex, when heterosexuals do too including some black folks.

Your taking one definition of race (that I have never heard of nor is in my oxford concise..) and trying to define everything under it. I'm black and so is Zorcrow but under your definition I can assume that he and I are not of the same race.

But we are of the same race because we are 'A local geographic or global human population distinguished with a common ancestry and are more or less a distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics'. - A race of people

In biological terms IMO gays aren't a race it's a sexual orientation. Being Black isn't a sexual orientation therefore they aren't the same thing. I personally feel that Zorcrow's being black has nothing to do with his telling you whether your right or wrong as much as the ethnicity of a white person telling you the same would have nothing to do with it. Just because someone is a minority under some form of profiling doesn't mean they have to agree with the rights for everyother minority.

But meh what do I know...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I haven't read everything that was posted in this thread because I got annoyed less than halfway through. So if I'm repeating something that's been said a million times, well it's a million and one now.

Being gay is not something you just wake up and decide one day. It's not that easy. I didn't get up one morning and say to myself, "Okay I think I'll be a dyke today." As Lexi said, it's pretty much something you're born with.

Why is it that I pay taxes in this country, I could go join the army for this country, I could do anything FOR them, but they're not going to do SHIT for me because I'm a lesbian. All I want is the chance to marry the woman that I love and want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that I can, but it would be nice to have a choice.

Throughout history, we all had to fight for rights for something. The obvious ones like the African Americans for their freedom, the women for equality, the Americans in general for the right to be their own union and break away from England. EVERY person throughout history has fought for something. And I don't think that it's fair for ANYONE to go against someone else's rights. It's not right for the government to get involved in my love life and tell me who I can and can't marry. I could go get drunk, meet a guy and be married in an hour just to turn around and have some judge undo it tomorrow. But if I want to marry the woman that I've known and loved for the last 8 years, forget about it. In 1997 the divorce rate in America was 44%, the divorce rate in America last year was 62%... I'm sure we can probably blame some of that on reality tv and celebrities, but not 62%. And obviously since we're not allowed to get married, gays can't be blamed for it. So give me one good reason that's not policitcal or religious why I can't get married? If we wanna go more into the facts out of that 62% that gets divorced, 79% of them are sure to have another marriage. And of that 72% that get married twice, 87% of them get divorced twice.

And just for a little more information... 89% of all homosexual relationships last longer then 10 years. So tell me again what makes me different from a straight person? (Aside from the obvious factors there)
 
Okay the thing about Race and being gay IS connected because as defined by the dictionary, being Gay is a race, just like the race of the JEWS! There is no country called Gayonia or Jewtown but here is the definition or RACE plain and simple!
race[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE] ([FONT=verdana, sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (r
proxy.php
s)
n.
  1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
  2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
  3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
  4. Humans considered as a group.
  5. Biology.
    1. An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
    2. A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
Last time I checked Gay people are united on a common history.. People need to be EDUCATION on Gay History before they open their mouths about it.


Ask just about anyone. They'll all tell you they're in favor of equal rights for homosexuals. Just name the situation, and ask. They'll all say, yes, gays should have the same rights in housing, jobs, public accomodations, and should have equal access to government benefits, equal protection of the law, etc., etc. Then you get to gay marriage. And that's when all this talk of equality stops dead cold. More than half of all people in the United States oppose gay marriage, even though three fourths are otherwise supportive of gay rights. This means that many of the same people who are even passionately in favor of gay rights oppose gays on this one issue.
It pisses me off that many people continue to believe the propaganda from right-wing religious organizations that homosexuality is about nothing but sex, considering it to be merely a sexual perversion. The reality is that homosexuality is multidimensional, and is much more about love and affection than it is about sex. And this is what gay relationships are based on mutual attraction, love and affection. Sex, in a committed gay relationship, is merely a means of expressing that love, just the same as it is for heterosexuals.

I know the biggest argument is the marriage is an institution between one man and one woman but it is also the weakest! Who says what marriage is and what it is to be defined? People who are married? It seems to me that in the constitution if the straight people cant show REAL reason to deny gay marriage, it shouldn't be DENIED!
 
Back
Top