Cereal_Killer
Sanity Stealing Penguin
Okay, here's the real question, if Tookie didn't go to prison would he have reformed or would he end up like all the other gang members...dead? When you serve life in prison as somebody's Bitch, it's easy to look back and say "Damn, maybe murding those people wasn't such a good idea."
I believe in the philosphy of guilty until proven innocent. Maybe Tookie did it, maybe he didn't. The court system is known to have been wrong before *cough* OJ *cough*.
But I also believe that Tookie could have been executed hundreds of times over for multiple counts of accessory to 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree murder. I look at it this way and maybe my view is too extreme but what if it were somebody else, somebody like Hitler. If Hitler were captured and put in prison and then wrote a dozen or so books on "How being a Nazi is bad?" or "Reasons to not join the Nazi Party?" while his followers were rounding up and murding millions of Jews. Is he any less responsible for the deaths of these people then the ones pulling the trigger? Is Hitler any less guilty than the other Goosesteppers?
I believe in the philosphy of guilty until proven innocent. Maybe Tookie did it, maybe he didn't. The court system is known to have been wrong before *cough* OJ *cough*.
But I also believe that Tookie could have been executed hundreds of times over for multiple counts of accessory to 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree murder. I look at it this way and maybe my view is too extreme but what if it were somebody else, somebody like Hitler. If Hitler were captured and put in prison and then wrote a dozen or so books on "How being a Nazi is bad?" or "Reasons to not join the Nazi Party?" while his followers were rounding up and murding millions of Jews. Is he any less responsible for the deaths of these people then the ones pulling the trigger? Is Hitler any less guilty than the other Goosesteppers?