DonDaddyD
::Gesturing ala Nas::
Stanley Tookie Williams founded one of America's most notorious gangs; charged with murder and sentenced to death Williams has noticably reformed from the path of his youth and written several books including a series aimed towards children warning them from a life affiliated with gangs.
The crowning acheivement and proof of his redemption is that he has been nominated (more than once) for the Nobel piece prize for peace and literature.
Whether Williams did or didn't kill those four people he has clearly shown that he has come to the realisation that what he stood for was wrong. So should he be sentenced to death?
Do you guys agree with the death penalty and why?
I thought I could easily say "yes if you take a life" but there is always a grey area of 'did they do it?' And in regards to what I've highlighted above even if he (Williams) did do it, he has achieved so much more due to the effects of prison; most notably six years of solitary confinement where he could reflect and search himself introspectively. I question whether it is right to kill him now especially after all that he has achieved against the horror he once stood for. Clearly even if he did murder those four people (which, after reading the case against him is questionable) surely he has repented for his past crimes.
The crowning acheivement and proof of his redemption is that he has been nominated (more than once) for the Nobel piece prize for peace and literature.
Whether Williams did or didn't kill those four people he has clearly shown that he has come to the realisation that what he stood for was wrong. So should he be sentenced to death?
Do you guys agree with the death penalty and why?
I thought I could easily say "yes if you take a life" but there is always a grey area of 'did they do it?' And in regards to what I've highlighted above even if he (Williams) did do it, he has achieved so much more due to the effects of prison; most notably six years of solitary confinement where he could reflect and search himself introspectively. I question whether it is right to kill him now especially after all that he has achieved against the horror he once stood for. Clearly even if he did murder those four people (which, after reading the case against him is questionable) surely he has repented for his past crimes.
Last edited by a moderator: