Wild Rumors: 'Batman 2" & 'Dallas'

Dapper Dan

<i>Just A<br>D R E A M E R</i>
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
696
Location
VA
proxy.php
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Wild Rumours: "Batman 2" & "Dallas"[/font]
Posted
:
Tuesday July 5th, 2005 3:38pm
Source: Assorted Sources
Author
:
Garth Franklin

Batman-on-Film is reporting that Aussie actress Isla Fisher ("Scooby Doo", "Wedding Crashers") may be the new 'love interest' in the "Batman Begins" sequel. Cinescape is reporting that pop star Justin Timberlake is being considered for the role of Two-Face. And names ranging from Sean Penn to Paul Bettany are being mentioned for The Joker. All of this sounds like pure and utter BS speculation at best, though I like those two Joker possibilities.

A more solid if somewhat speculative scoop is up at Coming Soon which reports that John Travolta was on "The Big Breaky" on UK TV this morning and hinted that he may be playing 'A man with a mighty big hat' in a "Dallas" movie. I guess he just confirmed rumors that he's in the running JR in the Dallas flick? The hosts didn't push for any further information.

Thanks to 'Pat' & 'Trevor'
 
I wonder, other than The Joker, who else they'll bring from Canon on the second Batman.

I'd love to see Harvey Dent on the second movie, see him an Bruce Wayne developing a friendship so later on, possibly during the third film, we could see him becoming Two Face and see the reaction Bruce would have to it.
 
I haven't seen Batman Begins, but I take it from the mention of Two-Face and the Joker, they're starting a new Batman franchise moving it away from the existing movies?
 
Yes, the new trilogy is completely different from the existing Batmans.
They're starting things from scratch which, if you've seen the last few Batmans before "begins" you'll know, is a very good thing.

According to Bale, there will be no Robin in this trilogy, in his own words "Robin makes it campy, not dark." so it seems they'll be much more Comic oriented character-wise. They want Batman to be as dark as he should be and once you see the first film, you'll probably agree that they have accomplished that.

Also, the other canon characters that appeared (Gordon, Alfred and such) were extremely in character in my opnion and re-reading year one, you'll realise a lot of the script was based on it and even with plot changes, they managed to make it seem like an AU version of the book instead of a poor adaptation.
 
I quite liked campy Robin though. Damn them for taking out my Dick!

Edited to Add: Dick Grayson... not.. actually.. yea. He was the first Robin and the best, in my opinion. He became Nightwing around the 80's to be replaced by Jason Todd, who got killed and now the current one is Tim Drake, who is also pretty cool.

I guess it's hard to make green/red/yellow costum colour combo seem.. real. :p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually they are now considering adding in a Robin at some point I heard..... and the last rumor I heard was that Frankie Munez was being considered for the role..... no official word yet though
 
Frankie Munez? Eh, probably best they leave Robin out then.

ETA: Batman Begins is based on "Year One"? It seems that Super Hero movies are finally starting to base their stories on tried and tested forumlas already established by the writers of the comic books they're based on. X2 was based strongly on the "God Loves, Man Kills" storyline I believe by Chris Clarmont. I think it'd be good for the movies if they follow this trend.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top