X - Men: Legends the game

Foxfire

VIP
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
1,374
I have this game for playstation 2 and I find it addicting. :nod: I like how you can play the other x - men and how they develop the storyline of Magma and how she was introduced to the X - Men. The graphics and storylines aren't bad.

Anybody else play this game?
 
Yeah, I own that game for my X-box. It's the first x men game since the one from the old Sega Genesis that really feels like it captures the essence of the x-men.

The narrative is quite good, and all the characters get the development they deserve, save a few that show up near the end (like Psylocke).

The sequel just came out this month and has gotten very good reviews. This time the x-men have united with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants to combat Apocalypse. Should allow for some great character friction.

What characters did you like playing as the most, Fox? :)
 
I've only begun to play the game. So far the characters I got to play were Cyclops and Wolverine. I'm looking forward to playing Storm and Iceman.

So far, I really enjoy playing Wolverine. His agility and his claw strikes are fun. Cyclops is a little slower and his laser beam decreases his energy a lot.

At the moment, Wolverine but it'll probably change once I get Storm or Iceman. I really liked the X - Men trivia section in the game.

I'm looking forward to playing Legends 2, Magneto would be an awesome player to use. I'll have to buy the game first.

What player(s) do you enjoy using?
 
Well, I'm a Gambit fanatic so I use him pretty much all the time once I get access to him. Sometimes, though, you need to use other characters to bypass certain obstacles. I'd say the best character in the game in terms of versatility and combat power is Iceman. It's cool you're looking forward to playing him because he's really fun to play. :)

Oh, and Jean Grey is a lot of fun, too. You can lift opponents off the ground and fling them into walls, off buildings, or explosive canisters with her telekinesis ability. That's GREAT fun!!! :D
 
I got the game a while back, and don't really play it often considering it's for Gamecube (Which is going to be going up for sale soon, so hopefully I'll get the sequel for Playstation 2). Although when I did play it, the game was pretty fun. I particurally liked the chapter where you played as Magma, in the training mission and such within the Danger Room. It was awesome to train with her new powers right when you got them, and I loved the movie sequence afterwards.

The game was alright, I really didn't like the graphics though - the movie sequences were great, but the actual gameplay wasn't really anything special. Which didn't really matter, considering I'm a huge X-Men fan (Save the comics, considering I haven't read much of those) - it made up for the graphics and gameplay with the ability to play multiple X-Men characters from a lot of the universes. I really liked playing Storm, not only was she one of my favorite characters from the X-Men series' and throughout the X-Men universes, but she was highly versatile and a very powerful player to carry in your party when going up against of lot of enemies :nod:.

I haven't gotten the sequel yet, but it looks amazing - and now we get to be both the good and the bad guys, so I'm sure I'll get it one way or another.
 
I'm so addicted to this game it's not even funny..... I got the first one and played it and enjoyed it throughly... now I'm working on the second one but due to midterms and working and all that fun stuff I haven't had much of a chance to devote anything to it. Anyways... my favorite character to play with is Jean Grey... I don't care what the guides say you can make her scarry powerful! My other main play characters include IceMan... his slowing freezing abilities are a great benefit when you face some of the bosses. I love to play Rogue as well, and in the first game her "Iron Maiden" power totally kicks ass!!! I also switch off Cyclops (his beam is very useful when fighting Sentinels FYI), Storm (Chain Lightning...whoot!), and Wolverene (Healing Factor and "Beserker Rage" are useful when you need to do a lot of dammage fast... pair him with Iceman using his freezing ability... use the rage and let the blood fly! haha)

I agree the actualy game graphics need a lot of work, but the movies were awesome... In the second game it's a bit better, but still not their best work by any means. I love the expanded powers, but there are so many that it seems pointless to power some and hard to power up all the ones you want to use....
 
Doesn't it seem like the best people to have in your group are the ones capable of doing multiple forms of damage? The skills that allow the characters to add energy, electrical, cold, and mental damage to their ordinary melee attacks make them far more versatile, particularly late game when you come across enemies that are highly resistant to physical damage. One of the few ways Wolverine really has a weakness.
 
Yeppers, this is true... another reason why I like Jean Grey... she can pick them up while doing massive mental dammage and then throw thema across the screen causing physical dammage on impact... heh
 
I finally am able to play Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Gray, Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Nightcrawler, Jubilee.

Gambit, Iceman, and Wolverine are my favorites due to their strength and power. Jean is awesome at throwing enemies around like everyone said.

What I hate about using some of their powers are their energy supply decreases drastically. That's happened to me using Scott, Bobby, and Logan.

I like the Forge's weapon shop and the Healer's section. They do mention Dazzler, can you actually play her later on?
 
No, you can't play Dazzler later on, unfortunately. And in order for your power supplies not to run out so quick, you need to increase one of the main stats (energy, I believe). That increases your energy regeneration rate. Later on in the game you can have it boosted so high that you can pretty much constantly blast enemies with your attack of choice. Cool stuff :)
 
I enjoyed playing this game and I would love to go back and play it, but X-Men Legends II is out and I'm just starting it. I have to agree that the add elemental/explosive damage to melee fighting characters kick arse. Iceman was my character... Freeze people and just destroy them.

My main characters were Iceman, Magma, Wolverine, Cyclops (putting a hurting on them sentinels), Storm, Rogue (I used her the most) and Jubilee (Just because they're lacking in the Jubes games/movies department).

A tip to all those just playing part 1... Nightcrawler's blitz attack, i can't remember the exact name... Is a life saver during the final boss. I wish I had developed his skills further once I got to that point. He'll be on point in XML2!
 
I love playing that game on Playstation2. The only problem is that I can’t get past the part where you unlock Gambit. That’s so sad because my little brother who is ten beat the whole game twice. *laughs* I like using Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, and Wolverine as my four. Jean Grey ROCKS because I trained her up so good in the Danger Room. Wolverine has the healing factor so I must use him every time. I just play Gambit and Rogue because I’m obsessed with them and I put them close together and pretend that they’re kissing. :whistle:
 
I beat this game probably three weeks ago but I LOVED it! At the last battle scene, I had run out of team members and I was left with Wolverine. I kept constatly hiding behind the large computer section until his health restored and then I jumped off the edge into the air and used his feral age on that giant robot. ;) I did that until I one. :vamp:

I'm dying to play X 2, but I kinda need to buy it first. :(
 
:blah: I always end up with only Wolverine, too...because of obvious reasons *cough* Healing Factor *cough* I always play him...he's easy, I know...I'm just not very good at video games. *laughs* I started playing X-Men:Legends 2 that Apocolypse one...but I didn't get too far before it had to go back to the rental store. :sleep2:
 
Back
Top