X3-pre release discussion; official trailer site & 7 minute preview

Persephone

Treacherous Bitch
Staff member
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Messages
5,219
Location
Los Angeles
As i'm sure everyone knows, X3 is currently filming and is due to be released in May of 2006. What I didn't know, and just found out last Sunday, was that Halle Berry (Storm) has decided to reprise her role as Storm in the upcoming film. She comfirmed it during a Red Carpet interview before the Emmy's Sunday night when the reporter asked her "So what films are you currently working on" and she replied with "I'm actually up in Canada filming X-Men 3".

I'm happy (I know some of you don't like her as Storm) that she decided to reprise her role. Storm is one of my favorite X-Men and when there was a possibility of Halle not coming back as Storm, I was dissapointed because even though she has very little screen time, the time she does have on the screen is fantastic!
 
**Puts Sam's head out of her ass ** :vamp: :D Oh girl, did you fall off the face of this earth? lol that's so five seconds ago! lol. Just kidding hon. :p :eek:

I remember reading about this with Dan's old posts involving X men 3 and how Halle would return. Personally I think she's a horrible choice for the character, Storm, I think they could have done so much better. :shrug: I think Berry has bad luck with comic films, did you see her in catwoman? OMG! LOL! I could only watch about ten minutes and I was forced to switch. :sleep2: :bored:

I'm looking forward to the other characters especially Shadowcat, although I wish they would bring in Magik....but as Farrah and I discussed that once before, her powers would be too expensive for the film. :(
 
I wasn't happy with any of the casting within the X-Men films save for Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier, and a little for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. None of the others looked right to me.
Cyclops - a complete weed who didn't have the manner or bearing of his comics counterpart
Jean - sweet, but still lacking a certain je ne sais quoi
Storm - had none of the conviction and fire that comics Storm was famous for

I have more complaints, but I don't want to list them all here. X-Men was a disgrace, with Toad able to deck the entire X-team. X-2 was slightly better, with them giving a more reasonable go at being a team. X-3 had better be better than that, though. So far, the X-franchise isn't anywhere near as good for me as it could have been.
 
I have to agree on almost all points, even though hallie looks great, she doesnt hold the composure of a Queen well in the movie. I thought Xavier was played well, Wolverine was a huge suprise (But when its his movie he better be good), Colossus' guy looked the part at least. Mystique wasnt bad at all.

As far as terrible goes

Cyclops (Piss Poor acting job)
Jean (Umm subpar)
Magneto (Great actor, but he doesnt look like magneto should because magneto isnt a small guy, he is actually well conditioned he just looks old.)
Rouge (Personally I dont like the young rouge idea, I like the old school rouge, regardless of who played the roll it wasnt good for me.)
Sabertooth (Was this the biggest Joke of all time, like hey lets get a tall guy paste some hair on his face and have him growl that will be perfect.)
 
Well i going down the path as every1 else and sayin that the casting for X-men wasn't all that good. Patrick Stewart was made for Charles Xavier. If they casted any1 else i'd be pissed. James Marsden as Cyclops was really really bad. He just looked like a dweeb. Halle Berry was no where close to what Storm is in the Comics. Sabertooth, well they juz decided to go with a wrestler. Wolverine like Greatness has said was abit of a surprise. Hugh wasn't all too bad. But i say if only Mel Gibson was younger. Esp in his Lethal Weapon days.
 
after 15 years of being "in the works" the final product of the X-men movie in 2000 was such a bust. as a 20 year comic veteran..i couldnt help but to pick apart the descrepencies in characters , subplots and continuity. now, i suppose if i knew nothing about the uncanny x-men...i'd probably would have been satisfied with this result.


once upon a time ..in 1989, when they were attempting a big screen X-men movie...the casting suggestions went something like this:

Grace Jones- Storm
Bruce Williams- Wolverine
Tracey Ullman- Rogue
Madonna- Dazzler
Julia Roberts- Psylocke
Jon Bon Jovi- Longshot
Arnold Shwarzeneger(sp?)- Colossus


just think how colorfull and splashy that version of the movie would have been. more than a decade later, they come up with this current idea and it has left much to be desired.

the costumes, the focus on wolverine, the HORRIBLE MISCASTING of STORM....i mean seriously it shouldve been either Angela Bassett or Iman...and intially the role of Rogue was to go to Sarah Michelle Gellar. they were going to make her the rough and tough yet beautiful brawler that she was in the mid 80s thru the 90s.

the last two movies have been VERY LOOSE adaptations of classic storylines..and they were WARPED to make the stories "wolverine centric"...God Loves, Man Kills focused in on NIGHTCRAWLER and some characters in that classic story were noticeably absent from the movie (Magik being one of them) while others who hadnt even been SEEN in the pages of X-men at the time that story was originally made (lady deathstrike among the few) were present. i hate how continuity is thrown out of the window in these movies...and how wolverine is so highly favored...HE AINT ALL THAT! :rolleyes:

and i wont even begin to discuss how HORRIBLE it was to cast Halle Berry as Storm. She may be an academy award winning actress (which probably allowed her to successfully demand more screen time in this movie) , but clearly she is not cut out to play super heroine roles. As someone else pointed out...Storm was literally a "force of nature" in the comics. She was respected by Wolverine, Cylcops and Xavier. she was the LEADER of the X-men from 1980 till about 2000 when she shared leadership with Cyclops once again. She was powerfull ...even WITHOUT her elemental powers. There's so much that can be said about this woman...and Halle Berry's portrayal of her just leaves MUCH to be desired.

But i DID appreciate the fact even HALLE said "Storm should be portayed more loyal to her image in the comics"...that lets me know she understands there was something lacking and maybe she wants to rectify that.

This third installment will be based on the Dark Phoenix saga, one of the X-men's most memorable storylines (voted #2 by wizard magazine for top ten most powerful storylines) ...so i wonder how bad THIS one will be screwed up.
 
Well, strong rumours now suggest the appearances of Omega Red, Multiple Man, and a rather nice fight scene between the Juggernaut and Colossus.

Even if the plot is crap, which it is likely to be, I'm going to see this just for the spectacle!
 
Hawksmoor said:
Well, strong rumours now suggest the appearances of Omega Red, Multiple Man, and a rather nice fight scene between the Juggernaut and Colossus.

Even if the plot is crap, which it is likely to be, I'm going to see this just for the spectacle!

now see...NONE of thsoe characters, (withthe exception of Colossus, who was a team regular at the time) was involved in the Dark Phoenix Saga. Omega Red didnt show up till 15+ years later...and Juggernaut was not involved..nor was Multiple Man. leave it to these idiots to ruin a CLASSIC storyline by adding in people who SHOULDNT be there...and minimizing others who were VERY MUCH apart of the story. at one point the direct suggested that STORM shouldnt be involved because he wasnt really impressed with the character! :eek: :rolleyes: i think that was the one that wound up leaving to go do the Superman movie. I'm GLAD he's gone...he made the last two movies a total "wolverine" festival".

:sure:
 
Just some news tidbits for you guys that you might find interesting concearning X3

====================================================
X3 Site Launch and Stan Lee Cameo

Source: TheXVerse.com
September 25, 2005


TheXVerse.com is reporting that 20th Century Fox will launch the official X-Men 3 teaser site at XMen3themovie.com in mid-October with the full site tentatively scheduled to go live by Thanksgiving.

The site also says that Stan Lee recently filmed his cameo appearance in the third installment.

===================================================

X-Men 3 Set Report with Spoilers

Source: Hollywood North Report
September 22, 2005


Hollywood North Report has posted a new set report from the X-Men 3 set. Here's a clip from the article:

The set for the scene includes a huge 1.8 million dollar 2500-foot long replica of the Golden Gate Bridge and is currently being built on location in South Vancouver (Boundary Road & Marine Drive). The site used to be a Saw Mill and currently is an empty site awaiting residential development.

Check out the scoop here.
 
Official X3 Teaser Site & 7 minute preview!!

20th Century Fox has launched the official teaser website for X-Men 3. The anticipated sequel is directed by Brett Ratner and opens in theaters on May 26. The site currently features a teaser Flash intro, with much more to come soon.

The third film in the popular franchise stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen, Halle Berry, James Marsden, Anna Paquin, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Shawn Ashmore, Kelsey Grammer, Daniel Cudmore, Vinnie Jones, Ben Foster, Ellen Page, Olivia Williams, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Bill Duke and Michael Murphy.

Click here to check out the site!
 
Oblivion, get your butt in here!

Haha, a special thread just for you. :p

Here's the 7 minute X-Men special thing that aired earlier this evening. I found it on YouTube for anyone who missed it and is interested in seeing X-Men 3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qylvE3r1HHk&search=x%20men%203

It's not the best quality, but it gets the job done. :)
 
Karma
Karma
excellent post Sammi. you really resurrected this thread with your find! :)
Last edited by a moderator:
Karma
Karma
thank you for contributing to the X3 discussion!
Awesome! Thanks for the better quality version DDD!!!

I still get goosebumps everytime I see that!! I can't freakin' WAIT!
 
Arggh my computer is sooooo slown when trying to watch those things, thanks to dial - up. :sure: :stupid: Jess and I are planning to see it at the end of this month when I'm down in FL.

The previews looked good, but I can't see the link. It takes forever. I'll try it at work. :D We have DSL. ;)
 
I really hope we get to see the Phoenix in all her/its glory.Also dear lord don't flood the film with the Iceman/Kitty/Rogue love triangle,no one cares!!I saw a clip of young(ish) Xavier&Magneto meeting young Jean.They were obviously applied with loads of makeup to look THAT young and since when did Xavier&Magnus make house calls to Charles potential students??
 
Back
Top