A debutante ball for Blaze Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parthenon - Delilah's Penthouse

Delilah said:
Delilah scoffed.

“Since WHEN is the Parthenon the home base of the Six? Last I heard, that was Melrose Place. Just cause you want to lord it over Morgan Victoria that YOU live on a higher floor than her…”

Cameron rolled his eyes.

"REALLY? You're an asshole if that's what you think. I live here...Ava lives here...Dominique lives her...and you don't seem to mind living here either. Nobody is forcing YOU to be here, Delilah. If you didn't want to see anybody in The Six, then your ass should have booked a room at The Ritz. So just stop..."

Delilah said:
“Hey, no one’s forcing you to be here. I don’t give a shit what you LIKE – I don’t work for you Cameron, I don’t bow down to nobody. NOBODY.”

She pulled a bottle of whiskey out of a cupboard and poured three fingers into a rocks glass, then drank deeply before turning back towards Cameron.

"And I don't work for YOU, Delilah...and stop TREATING me like it's PAINFUL or some kind of WORK or to be your friend or that I feel like it's my responsibility...like I'm the SAD sap who got STUCK making sure you were okay...because I don't deserve it..."

He watched as Delilah went for the whiskey.

"Nice, Dee...really nice."

She continued.

Delilah said:
“Don’t you sit there and pretend you didn’t see me yesterday and forget to mention that every person in this country and PLANE OF EXISTENCE I am trying to avoid just happens to be in this hotel. STOP KEEPING THINGS FROM ME CAMERON.”

"And don't YOU sit there and try and make me feel bad for not telling you something when in the very same breath you did the same. Since you felt NO need to inform ME on the WHEREABOUTS of yourself, why in the HELL would you expect the same from me...and stop KEEPING things from YOU!?"

Cameron stood from the chair for a moment. What was GOING on with her friend?

"STOP being such a wreck for FIVE MINUTES and maybe people would feel like they COULD tell you things!"

Delilah said:
She stopped and downed what remained in the glass. She fidgeted with the glass for a moment, then threw it against the wall of the kitchen, SHATTERING it.

Cameron had NO idea what just happened. Delilah was actually completely erratic. She was irrationally angry and while that was understandable? Cameron HAD been a good friend to Delilah. He HAD looked out for her and now she was making him feel like that meant nothing...or that if he reminded her of it, she made him feel bad for doing so...and then when he STOPPED trying to be so protective, she CHASTISED him for it. He walked over to the island in the kitchen and picked up the vase.

"You don't want to be treated like a child, Delilah?"

With ALL of his might he THREW the vase at the opposite wall as it SMASHED into, shattering completely as water and flowers covered the floor.

"Then stop fucking ACTING like one..."

[placing his hand over his head]

"You want to be a bad girl, Delilah that's fine...but just remember when it comes to ASSHOLES in The SIX?! I take the fucking CAKE..."

He was countering HER bad behavior with his own, trying to show her how ridiculous and HURTFUL she was being. She would most likely listen but Cameron had been doing his best to take care of her, and deep down he hoped she would know that. He didn't care if she was PISSED about it...because if she didn't CARE about him? She would be giving him nothing at all. Even if she was YELLING, it meant there was hope.

Delilah said:
She closed her eyes, calming herself. When they opened, she turned to look Cameron in the eyes. This time her voice was more composed.

“I don’t need you to protect me, Cam. I need you to stop treating me like a child. A child who can’t be trusted that you make sit in the corner, seen and not heard.”

After a moment of silence she smiled.

He nodded and told her of what was to come...and then they just...sat down...at the table.

Delilah said:
Her phone chirped on the counter next to her, and she looked at the incoming text message. Her eyebrows raised in surprise.

“Ho-lee shit. I just got a text message from your BFF Zachary Armani. Come on, Cam, pour us a couple drinks and let’s see who can come up with the rudest reply.”

Thankfully at that moment, a knock on the door indicated the food was there and Cameron basically sprinted to open the door. The staff set the table and Cameron nearly GUZZLED a flute of three of champagne.

"Zach? What could he possibly want?"
 
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
GREAT post...with the smashing and the asshole line. Terrific. :)
Nicolas watched Dominique's reactions to what he said VERY CLOSELY. She was happy that he supported her, but he also sensed...relief? This got Nicolas' attention.



I think that it might be time to see more of the Eastern Seaboard, and I think that I am not alone. Cameron has been working hard to gather us together. And now that you are cryptically talking about something happening I plan to be here a LOT mo-

Oh! That is Vivica Lennox. She is an old friend of Cam's. Metahuman. Photographic memory and reflexes. Fine as hell. And now, and artist in the city. If you will accompany me, she will have an opening very soon. I expect it to be very nice. And what? Was she having a peek over here?

Nicolas laughed a bit under his breath.


Hmmm yes.

:: Dominique said with a bit of suspiscion::

She did appear to be looking over here, but perhaps it's because she has established friendship with you.

:: Dominique enjoys a bit more tea, thinking about what Nicolas said about Vivica. It was interesting to here that the woman was connected to Cameron King, and she was over there, socialzing with Blaze Victory and Cassandra. It seemed that with each passing week, the Six's group was expanding. Dominique wasn't thrilled by the idea of so many of them being here at the Parthenon.::

Nicolas said:
She is good people Aunt D. Nothing to worry about with her. Lots of fun.

I'm sure she's more YOUR kind of fun than mine, Nicolas.

:: Dominique quickly retorted with a brief slash of a smirk on her face as she sat back, finally taking her eyes off of Vivica and the other girls::

I do enjoy art and culture. I suppose I wouldn't mind accompanying you to her gallery opening, provided it won't be some gaudy affair with raucous people.

:: She said with disdain in her tone as she eyed Nicolas, knowing that he knew she didn't tolerate such foolishness::

:: setting her tea down, she sits back once more and sighs::

My spirit has been troubled.

I have been sensing unrest around the city, particularly at night. At first I thought I might be having frightful dreams due to the...anxiety I've been feeling over this personal descision I am pondering.

But I recently felt the same "unrest" during waking hours and I know now it's more than just a "feeling." It is negative energy, emanating from a source within the city...and growing.

I'm not sure what it means just yet.

:: looking grim for a moment::

I want you to exercise caution. My burden...my duty...per the covenant with Isis herself, is to make sure that Set NEVER reaches this world through you. I expect that you will do your part to ensure that doesn't happen either. This includes not exposing yourself to any unnecessary danger.

Again, I appreciate your concern and willingness to support me as the winds of change begin to blow.

I am not fearful of what may be coming...but...it is always good to have options.

:: Looking at Nicolas again, with a bit of a smile on her face.::

I appreciate your time today, Nicolas.

:: Standing up::

I will let you get on with the rest of your day. I have a few personal matters to attend to.

Since we're staying in the same place for the time being, it'll be easy enough for us to contact each other.

Till next time...

:: She says with bit of warmth in her tone as she looks upon Nicolas and then turns to exit the VIP ClubHouse, casting her eyes once more over Blaze, Vivica and Cassandra, before disappearing from view::
 
I'm sure she's more YOUR kind of fun than mine, Nicolas.

:: Dominique quickly retorted with a brief slash of a smirk on her face as she sat back, finally taking her eyes off of Vivica and the other girls::

I do enjoy art and culture. I suppose I wouldn't mind accompanying you to her gallery opening, provided it won't be some gaudy affair with raucous people.

You know me Aunt D. Low key all the way.


Nicolas jokingly dead-panned but he immediately realized that her good humor seemed...fleeting. He sat up straighter as he heard her sigh.

My spirit has been troubled.

I have been sensing unrest around the city, particularly at night. At first I thought I might be having frightful dreams due to the...anxiety I've been feeling over this personal descision I am pondering.

But I recently felt the same "unrest" during waking hours and I know now it's more than just a "feeling." It is negative energy, emanating from a source within the city...and growing.

I'm not sure what it means just yet.

:: looking grim for a moment::

I want you to exercise caution. My burden...my duty...per the covenant with Isis herself, is to make sure that Set NEVER reaches this world through you. I expect that you will do your part to ensure that doesn't happen either. This includes not exposing yourself to any unnecessary danger.

Again, I appreciate your concern and willingness to support me as the winds of change begin to blow.

I am not fearful of what may be coming...but...it is always good to have options.

:: Looking at Nicolas again, with a bit of a smile on her face.::

I appreciate your time today, Nicolas.

:: Standing up::

Nicolas immediately stood, watching silently as the lad walked out of the lounge. She was indeed troubled; her final statements were almost distracted; as if her mind were already elsewhere.

I will let you get on with the rest of your day. I have a few personal matters to attend to.

Since we're staying in the same place for the time being, it'll be easy enough for us to contact each other.

Till next time...

And she was gone. Nicolas remained standing.

Sure thing Auntie.

Nicolas looked over to the young ladies. He felt it would be rude not to say hello so he made his way over to their section, ordering a small tray of fruit on the way.

As he entered, he heard the laughing and having fun. He took a seat, smiling at each of them. But something was off...normally he would be stealing kisses and hugs and having a great time. This time though, he sat and looked as he smiled...quite a bit more subdued. Someone watching carefully might notice the change in temperament.

Hello ladies. I hope you are having a great morning. I could not walk past without speaking to such loveliness.
 
Ava and Simon parted ways after a steamy hot shower and another hour in the bath. It certainly did relax her, but not enough to break her brunch plans. She needed this meeting more than anything right now. Deciding the VIP Clubhouse would be a private location for her brunch, she didn't realize everyone and their damn aunt would be there. Entering the clubhouse, Ava--wearing an all black ensemble with statement belt immediately saw Blaze, Cass, and Vivica all sitting together having brunch. Softly sighing it, and across the room was Dominique and Nicolas. Perfect. I figured everyone would be nursing hangovers and sleeping in She thought to herself as she passed Blaze's table, giving her a small smile while ignoring the other two woman. Arriving at her private booth, the host already had two glasses of orange juice in champagne flutes waiting.

Host: I hope this is private enough for you Miss Cassadine.

Nodding, Ava took a seat in the booth. It was secluded and away from the other more public tables.

"Yes, this is perfect. Thank you."

Host: Will you need me to direct your guest over?

Just as the host asked his question, Ava's sapphire eyes caught a glimpse of her entering the clubhouse. Shaking her head gently.

"No, she just arrived. Thank you."

The host nodded before departing. Standing from the booth, Ava softly smiled.

"Mother...thank you for meeting me."
 
- Demeter entered the VIP Clubhouse immediately spotting her daughter across the room. Smiling brightly, it was few and far between that she got to spend time with her daughter when it didn't involve life or death situations. So this was a treat, although Demeter know deep down that there was more to this brunch than just some mother daughter bonding time. -

- Approaching Persephone, she embraced her with a warm hug. -

"It's good to see you my darling."

Ava: "You too, mom."

"You look..."

- Breaking the hug, Demeter gave her daughter a once over. -

"Well, you look tired. [cupping her hands around Persephone's face] But beautiful nonetheless."

Persephone rolled her eyes making Demeter smile.

"I know you hate it when I fawn over you. So come, sit....you asked me here for a reason."

Ava: "I asked you here for lunch, isn't that reason enough?"

Both woman took a seat; Demeter immediately taking the white cloth napkin that was folded neatly in front of her and placing it on her lap. She had wished that statement were true, but she could see the pain still in her daughters eyes. It was faint....but it was still there.

"When it comes to you darling, no."

She stated with a small laugh. But she could tell Persephone was struggling. Trying to stay strong as she always tended to do. But honestly, Demeter didn't know how she had lasted this long without telling a single soul what happened to her. The day she found her....it was horrific. Every mother's worse nightmare. She could tell that Persephone was still reeling from it despite her best efforts of acting 'normal' Reaching across the table, she took Persephone's hand within her own. -

"What is it you need?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Prophet
Prophet
Aww...and your hyperlink doesn't even work lol.
Sighing out, if anyone could read her like a book it was her mother--and Haleigh. Feeling her mother take her hand, Ava looked down at their hands and just sat there for a moment, enjoying the comforting feeling. It was actually nice to know she didn't have to hide what happened to her with her mother. There were no fronts, no dodging questions, no keeping up appearances. It actually felt like a small weight was lifted off her shoulders just by holding hands with her mother. It was a strange feeling....to actually lean on Demeter for support.

Demeter: What is it you need?

Lifting her gaze, she looked into Demeter's own sapphire eyes. Ava may have had darker features than her mother, but it was undeniable where she got her eyes from.

"I need you to talk to Hecate for me."

She could already see her mother resisting.

Demeter: Darling....you know Hecate won't help you like that.

"I just need something to take the edge off, a potion...a spell...something....i'm not sleeping."

It was hard to admit she needed help, but she'd rather go begging to her mother and Hecate than open up to the six. It was the harsh truth.

Demeter: Persephone....what makes you think that Hecate will do this now when she refused you before? You know the only way to help yourself get past this is if you TALK about it. You need to tell your team....your friends. I know you don't believe it, but getting this off your chest will help tremendously.

Shaking her head, Ava withdrew her hands from Demeter's and looked away. She didn't understand. Ava didn't WANT to talk about it. She wanted to FORGET it. Talking about it, especially to her team, would only bring on questions and anger and pity.

"No, it won't help. Talking about it will only make it more real. More FRESH. I'm not going to open up old wounds."

She snapped.
 
- Feeling Persephone pull away from her grasp, she could tell that she was also withdrawing as a whole. What made this even more difficult was that Demeter didn't even know the details of what happened to her daughter, just the basics--the bare bones. Persephone refused to open up to ANYONE, and she could tell it was starting to take a large toll on her. -

Ava: "No, it won't help. Talking about it will only make it more real. More FRESH. I'm not going to open up old wounds."

"Sweetheart....you wounds never healed."

- That caused Persephone to pause and actually take in what Demeter had to say. Seeing her daughter's ridged body relax just slightly, the blonde leaned in. -

"I'm not going to sit here and tell you what to do....or tell you how you should heal. What I will say is that I--and Hecate--both agree that the best way for you to get past this is to lean on the support of your friends--"

- Holding up her hand before Persephone to object. -

"HOWEVER, I will talk to her."

- A levity seem to overcome her daughter. -

Ava: "Thank you. I just need something to stop the nightmares...to get a good nights rest. I'm not asking for a permanent solution."

- Demeter almost recoiled back hearing Persephone say she was having nightmares. It broke her heart....made her feel helpless as a mother. She may not have agreed with her daughter keeping this bottled up inside, but she respected her choices. And if she could help in SOME way, she would do it. Even if it meant going up against Hecate. -

"I know. And I know you will figure out a way through this....even if it is alone. But just remember, I am still here for you...and I love you. Okay?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
She knew her mother was only trying to help....trying to make her understand the reason WHY Hecate refused to put a spell on her before was because it would only bury the trauma she went through, not fix it. But she needed this now. She needed a night where drinking wouldn't be the only way to relax. She needed a night where she could actually sleep for longer than an hour at a time. She needed PEACE from the horrific dreams that haunted her. It may have made her weak to seek out the help of magick, but it was all she could think of doing at this point.

Demeter: "HOWEVER, I will talk to her."

Ava smiled a smile of relief. Finally, a small glimmer of hope.

"Thank you. I just need something to stop the nightmares...to get a good nights rest. I'm not asking for a permanent solution."

Demeter: "I know. And I know you will figure out a way through this....even if it is alone. But just remember, I am still here for you...and I love you. Okay?"

Ava nodded, knowing in her heart of hearts that what her mother just said was true. And honestly, just the fact that she was going to attempt to talk to Hecate meant the world to Ava. It really was a relief to know that her mother may not have understood Ava's reasoning, but at least respected the fact that she wanted to keep this between the Olympians and not involve the six.

"I know...I love you too."

Words not often spoken by Ava. Only to those she truly loves.

"Thank you for respecting my decision..."

Demeter: "Of course darling....you know I would do anything for you."

Ava smiled softly.

Demeter: "Even if it means getting a verbal smackdown from Hecate."

They both laugh, knowing how true that statement was. What was a tense encounter soon lightened. The problem at hand was not solved, but for now it was a start.

Demeter: [with a knowing grin] "So....tell me about this Simon Pratt I keep reading about."

"Oh GOD."
 
VIP Clubhouse balcony

Blaze waves her hand dismissively as Vivica and Cass talk about Simon

"Yeah, yeah...he's allll heart!"

She said with sarcasm and a bit of a laugh

"He's alright. I think there's more to him than he's showing. There's some potential there that he's hiding. But he better be careful, messing with Ava...he'll meet an END similar to males in the INSECT KINGDOM when she DEVOURS him! He's fun, sure, but he's going to have to do a lot more than try charm and joke if he wants to win over anyone else in the Six."

"I'm all for INCLUSION, but respect is EARNED, not given."

On the topic of Cameron

Cass said:
BLAZE! You make it sound as if I have a crush on him!”

:: She turned to Vivica. ::

"Well I think you just MIGHT!"

Smiling with a wicked grin at the psionic succubuss as she joked. it was obvious Cass was not terribly inclined toward the boys "in that way"...RIGHT NOW

"The way you pick on him! It's a CLASSIC sign of a crush!"

Vivica joined in, filling Cass in on some of the blanks about the total picture that is Cameron. She also remaked on the changes in him that allowed him to step up in the capacity as a leader during a time of need in the Six.

"That night during the Blue Moon, right before my sister and Nicolas teleported to the Underworld, Morg was the one who called upon Cameron to step up and show the team what it meant to be a "Founding Member". Even she respects him now. He's come such a long way. I'm happy for him and relieved. I won't have to kick his ass!"

"Besides, I think he likes it rough...AMAZON style!"

Blaze popped a piece of fruit in her mouth as she laughed a bit



Cass said:
teases*: “A ‘sex talk’? I shudder at what kind of talk YOU have planned!”

"Maybe you should be shuddering at YOURSELF, dirty girl! I wonder where YOUR mind went with that? I just wanna make sure you're being responsible while you're out here sucking face with every sally, jane and susie!"

Laughing at Cass as she stuck her tongue out.



Vivica said:
Seriously, Blaze! What do you DO to women? Is it your plan to TURN the whole island of Manhattan?

Blaze gulped down the last of her passion fruit mimosa before picking up another one, she looked at Vivica feigning a look of "shock and dismay" at the implication!

"I'm sure I have no idea what you mean by THAT!"

Smirking a bit as she eyed Vivica.



Cass said:
:: Cass laughed as well and looked at Blaze, taking her hand and squeezing it. She had a mischievous smile on her face. ::

*teases*: “Looks like Viv’s figured YOU out!

"OR maybe she had help figuring HERSELF out!"

Rolling her tongue around her closed mouth as she looked rather knowingly at Vivica and then back at Cass with a soft laugh. It was well known which side of the fence Blaze was on and that she was quite comfortable and fluid with her sexuality. She also enjoyed scandalizing others with it as only she could. But perhaps what was most interesting is that she always had a way of bringing out the fire and passion in OTHERS, no matter which side of the fence they were on. This weekend had been proof of that, since just about everyone around her had engaged in salacious debauchery!

"And the same for YOU, my dear."

Squeezing Cass' hand back.

"Talk about getting caught up in the moment! You keep acting up and somebody might have go to give you a spanking! Cameron wont be the ONLY one walking around with a hand print on his bottom!"

Blaze laughs heartily at the idea of taking Cass over her knee and spanking her.

Vivica said:
"Well! These mimosas seem to be just dissappearing from right in front of me! What is a girl to do?!"

"Are you trying to out drink me, Viv? Don't you know gluttony is a sin? Maybe you need a spanking too!"

Cass said:
“Well, order some more, girl! I’d like to announce a toast to the best friendships and also to NEW ones as well!”

"I'll drink to that!"

"Here's to good drinks, beautiful women, great times and memories full of fire and passion!"

And once again, the clink their glasses together.

Blaze happend to shift her eyes just in time to catch sight of Dominique Deveraux, LEAVING the out door balcony area where they were sitting. It was a brief view, but Blaze knew it was her.

Hmmmm


And then, seconds after that?


Rampage said:
Nicolas looked over to the young ladies. He felt it would be rude not to say hello so he made his way over to their section, ordering a small tray of fruit on the way.

As he entered, he heard the laughing and having fun. He took a seat, smiling at each of them. But something was off...normally he would be stealing kisses and hugs and having a great time. This time though, he sat and looked as he smiled...quite a bit more subdued. Someone watching carefully might notice the change in temperament.

Hello ladies. I hope you are having a great morning. I could not walk past without speaking to such loveliness.

Gulping down more of her passion fruit mimosa, she quickly swallows it

"Nicolas!"

But he seemed a bit...reserved. Almost pensive?

She KNEW something was off, she could feel it and even in his face, there was a look of something OTHER than his usual calm, handsome, mischievious demeanor.

"Come and sit by me!"

She pats the seat right next to her and as he sits, she reaches over and hugs him tightly.

"What are you drinking?"

She waves a server over

"Can we have several more ROUNDS? Add his to the order as well!"

"And how many times have i told you about dressing like a monk around me?"

Blaze immediately unbuttons several buttons on Nicolas' shirt

"Now, that's better!"

"Was that Dominique that just left here? Nicolas, your aunt is such a class act! I really appreciate her gift of song to me last night at the party.

"Are you okay? you look...and FEEL a bit concerned about something. "

No sooner that she asked that did Ava arrived, and soon after that, she was joined by another woman.

"Well...it seems like the club house is the hot spot today! But at least it's exclusive to us and we have an AMAZING view of the city from up here."

" I dont see the vacuum salesman with Ava, I wonder who that woman is with her?"

Blaze said as she eyed them both with curiosity.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A Day In The Life....

Simon had experienced a rather intriguing last twenty four hours, and for Simon Pratt? That was really saying something. Last night, he had been introduced to a world that he had no clue existed. This world included some people he already knew from his life as well as some faces that had taken him by surprise, among them Ava Cassadine.

Barista: Simon! Grande Black Americano!

Snapping back into reality, Simon walked over to the pick up counter of the cafe he was standing in and grabbed his latte, thanking the barista and tipping her generously. As he exited the building he was immediately immersed in the hustle and bustle of the city. Simon seemed to be looking at it with a fresh pair of eyes. The island of Manhattan housed so many different kinds of people, all moving at a frenetic pace to get high paying jobs, expensive apartments and the best seats at the finest restaurants. All of this Simon understood well..in fact he embraced the kind of dog eat dog mentality that the city had. But the people he met last night seemed to operate by an entirely different set of rules. They were far more powerful than any CEO or Titan of Industry, and the work that they did held the millions of lives in the balance. They were good people, but Simon couldn't help but see the OTHER side of the mutant argument. That kind of power left unchecked could have DIRE consequences for everybody...but then again, Simon wasn't sure what he HIMSELF was capable of. So far he had only used his powers for parlor tricks and ways to get good tables and hot women. Could he be THAT far off from what his new associates were capable of?

He rounded the corner, deciding to forego a town car and walk back to his penthouse on the Upper East Side. As he passed magazine stands, he couldn't help but notice glimpses of his face among the flashy covers of gossip magazines and black and white papers. Blaze's party had DEFINITELY caught the attention of the press and many members of The Six and their friends were in these pictures and magazines. Simon only smiled and walked past. For as stressful and outrageous as some of these stories were, he NEVER got tired of seeing his name in lights, so to speak.

Several minutes later, Simon headed into his building, making his way to his penthouse in the sky. Closing the door behind him, he let out an exasperated sigh. The last few hours had definitely taken a toll on him and thrown him for a loop. There seemed to be some exciting prospects in his future. There was a new and coveted position at The Zenith Group...the tutelage of Cameron King...the development with Ava Cassadine...

"Ava..."

He walked over and into his kitchen, throwing his keys on a side table before grabbing a white remote on the counter, pressing a button as classical music began to fill the space. He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water as he took a seat in one of the barstools in front of the kitchen, taking a moment to think about things. He felt like he was treading some seriously dangerous ground with Ava. There was something about her that caused some kind of chemical change. Sure he was still able to he his pompous, arrogant and cocky self...but there was a part of him that wanted to 'drop the act' and that scared him...especially since he had JUST really gotten to know the woman. This was NOT Simon's standard operating procedure and when coupled with the fact that she would now be his BOSS in a swift and underhanded business decision by Cameron? Well...it just added trouble into the mix. There was too much going on.

"I need to blow off some steam..."

Making his down the hall he entered a room on the left which was an expansive home office that also doubled as something that Simon liked to call "The Armory". Being an avid fencer, Simon had become obsessed with swords at a young age. His favorite books were "The Count of Monte Cristo" and "The Three Musketeers". The men were brave and daring and bold and Simon had wanted to be just like them. He walked the long wall which displayed many of Simon's favorite swords as he began to run his fingers along the cold metal blades...swords from all different countries and special origins. There was something comforting about these items...something that made him feel strong and capable. He had starting fencing at a young age due to the insistence of his family that he enter a sport. From the moment he picked up his rapier, everything changed. He fell in love with game, eventually playing in highschool and through college, winning several national titles, and becoming a world ranking player of the sport.

But it wasn't just the swords and the actions. Fencing had taught him grace and balance, and core strength and agility and tenacity...patience, attention to detail, the ability to think on one's feet and move VERY fast on them as well. This made him an incredibly strong athlete with a skill set that was often underestimated..but that, along with his equal achievements in archery, were something that NOBODY could take away from him and one of the few things he had EARNED in his life.

Making up his mind, he ran to his home gym, grabbed a bag of supplies and left his penthouse once again, this time headed for The Fencer's Club, an exclusive and prestigious Fencing Club in NYC that Simon had trained at with some of the world's best fencers. He visited the place several times a week and every now and then taught a master class. He was still young and agile enough to demonstrate in a hands on way, a stark contrast to the now stalky and overweight men that taught Simon himself, based only on historical teachings. As Simon entered the building he was greeted by nearly everybody he passed as he made his way to the one of the top floors of the building and entered The Executive Lockeroom...a place only available to the highest ranking members of the club...one of the only prestigious memberships Simon had received on HIS OWN merit.

He walked over to his locker and promptly entered the combination, unlocking it before he started to undress.

Male Voice: "Well hot DAMN, Simon Pratt! I'm gonna steal you away from that Cassadine chick if you keep that shirt off.

Simon smirked as he looked over to see Derek Cambridge. Derek was a childhood friend of Simon's who's family was just as wealthy and messed up. Derek had been somewhat of a friendly rival of Simon's in the fencing world and for a time, the entire community seemed to look forward to these two fighting out on the map. In their everyday life however, they were pretty good friends and would spend hours at the club messing around with different styles of fighting and technique. Derek was a little messier than Simon, but Simon found that learning a little bit of Derek's edgy technique had helped him tremendously. He continued to take his shirt off and change into his fencing uniform.

"Don't believe everything you read, Derek...Now, if you've personally SEEN it...that's another story."

Derek smiled as he walked over to Simon and attempted to give him a noogy before backing off for a second.

Derek: "Ah man, you doing straight fence today? Where's the fun in that?"

Simon eyed him for a moment.

"What did you have in mind, Cambridge?"

Derek placed his right foot on the sitting bench in front of Simon and began to tie his shoe. He put his foot back down and looked back at Simon with a smile.

Derek: I was saying we should go upstairs and play with the big toys? Remember how much TROUBLE we used to get into when they would find us...playing with REAL swords...no armor...nothing? I don't know how YOU avoided the cuts...but I sure as hell looked like I got the shit kicked out of me for most of age fifteen...

Dropping his pants and his uniform, Simon began to change instead into a tanktop and a pair of exercise shorts, before grabbing his sneakers and began to lace them up.

"You're right...I DID used to kick your ass a lot.."

Derek: Yeah, yeah...all LUCK! I'll show ya what i've been up to when we get on that MAT!

The two laughed and made their way up to the private floors, which housed a number of rooms where members of a high rank could test out all KINDS of swords and test different sword scenarios. The Fencing Club taught from a historical perspective as WELL as a competitive perspective...so for every way they were taught to earn points, they were also trained to FIGHT as they did way back in the day. They began to eye the different swords placed against the polished wood walls.

"What's your poison, Derek?"

Derek walked up and down the length of the room before selection a giantly tall two handed longsword, his eyes seeming to GLEAM with excitement.

Derek: Yeah...she'll do JUST fine!

Simon rolled his eyes.

"You're trying to KILL me...Well since you picked THAT...."

Simon reached over to the wall and selected a European broadsword, one handed. He did so with a smirk.

"I'll go with something less heavy and DEADLY looking and i'll STILL kick your ass... [gesturing out] The floor is your's..."

Derek bowed into a courtsey and laughed as he reached to the opposite side of the room and mat. Simon took his stance, poised and ready. He looked at Derek.

"I'm thanking you in advance before I wipe the floor with you..I was going to go and practice form, maybe teach some kids some techniques...This is MUCH more what I needed..."

Derek: Dude! As much as I love the dance that is fencing...some times you just want to go all Conan the Barbarian and fuck shit up. Now...

Derek went into starting stance, his blade to his right in both hands...

Derek: "EN GUARDE!"

The two men began to head for each other as Simon and Derek would spend the next several hours fighting each other in the hot and barely air conditioned rooms at the top of The Fencing Club. For awhile, Simon was able to forget about ALL of it...Ava, Cameron...The Six...The Zenith Group...and just LIVE in the moment, doing something he was very good at. It had been a hot and sexy morning and now it was shaping up to be an incredibly exhilarating afternoon. Maybe all this mutant stuff wouldn't be that bad...maybe he just HOPED it wouldn't be that bad.
 
Delilah's Suite, The Parthenon 94th Floor

Cameron said:
"REALLY? You're an asshole if that's what you think. I live here...Ava lives here...Dominique lives her...and you don't seem to mind living here either. Nobody is forcing YOU to be here, Delilah. If you didn't want to see anybody in The Six, then your ass should have booked a room at The Ritz."

Oh really, Mr. Clever Clogs?

“THAT can be arranged.”

He chastised her for having a drink.

Cameron said:
"Nice, Dee...really nice."

“Who are you, my mother?”

Cameron said:
"And don't YOU sit there and try and make me feel bad for not telling you something when in the very same breath you did the same. Since you felt NO need to inform ME on the WHEREABOUTS of yourself, why in the HELL would you expect the same from me... "

“Oh for shit’s sake - it’s not the same thing, and you know it. It’s not like I called you up and pretended I was still in LA. You sat in my room and said nothing. How about next time maybe a head’s up so I don’t have to walk into YOUR club and see everyone laughing it up unprepared?”

Cameron said:
"You don't want to be treated like a child, Delilah? Then stop fucking ACTING like one..."

She jumped as the vase shattered.

Cameron said:
"You want to be a bad girl, Delilah that's fine...but just remember when it comes to ASSHOLES in The SIX?! I take the fucking CAKE..."

She just stood there, quietly, staring at him for a minute.

“Well, you’re in the running for the top two at LEAST.”

She sat down at the table, placing a napkin in her lap.

“You going to eat something or what?”

Cameron didn’t seem to see as much sport in her incoming text as she did.

Cameron said:
"Zach? What could he possibly want?"

She showed him the text.

Zach’s Phone said:
I heard you were going through something difficult. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you. If you need me to listen.... or lighten your load, emotionally...... or just leave you alone, lol.

She started typing.

“Dear Zach…if you cheat on Haleigh I will personally photon blast your balls off.”

She glanced up at Cameron, then continued typing.

“Then I’ll have Karen heal you so I can do it again.”

She looked up again.

“How does that sound?”
 
"Nicolas!"

But he seemed a bit...reserved. Almost pensive?

She KNEW something was off, she could feel it and even in his face, there was a look of something OTHER than his usual calm, handsome, mischievious demeanor.

"Come and sit by me!"

She pats the seat right next to her and as he sits, she reaches over and hugs him tightly.

"What are you drinking?"

She waves a server over

"Can we have several more ROUNDS? Add his to the order as well!"

Nicolas has to smile at so much attention. He relaxes a bit even as he says to the server.

Flip all of this to MY bill. And another white russian please.


Even as he says this, Blaze his unbuttoning his shirt again. Looking down and then around, he notices that Cass and Vivica each take in an eyeful. He removes the now-useless tie and places it in his pocket.

"And how many times have i told you about dressing like a monk around me?"

Blaze immediately unbuttons several buttons on Nicolas' shirt

"Now, that's better!"

"Was that Dominique that just left here? Nicolas, your aunt is such a class act! I really appreciate her gift of song to me last night at the party.

"Are you okay? you look...and FEEL a bit concerned about something. "

I will be fine Red. Just a lot of things going on at once. I will be fine, especially if you keep fussing over me...at some point I have no choice but to be OK.

Nicolas is laughing by now. He winks at Cass and could not help but to pat the lovely knee of Vivica as it sat right in front of him in a lovely dress.

So, you two managed to survive a Six party night. Congratulations. I hope you had fun. And Blaze?

She had finally finished whatever she was doing to his shirt and chest. He glanced down at the carnage to his office suit and just chuckled.

We need to get the particulars on the Belle Epoque show...it would be a good chance for us to do some mutually beneficial publicity and stake a claim Eastward at the same time. I have a proposal sent to your virtual office and CC'ed to Sally AND to your email as well Viv.

But they only half heard him. Ava had arrived. She sat alone, but not for long and Nicolas' mouth dropped open for a second as the beautiful woman joined her.

"Well...it seems like the club house is the hot spot today! But at least it's exclusive to us and we have an AMAZING view of the city from up here."

" I dont see the vacuum salesman with Ava, I wonder who that woman is with her?"

Blaze said as she eyed them both with curiosity.

Nicolas straightened up and took notice. Then blinked his eyes to be sure. Yep, there she was.

That, my dear, is her mother. Demeter, the Greek goddess of agriculture, grain and the harvest...the reason why there ARE seasons. I have not known her to simply WALK the Earth. I hope that everything is all right.

Nicolas knew that Demeter COULD have simply chosen to BE here. And that is not an issue in and of itself. But her presence COMBINED with Athena's gift and warning to him gave him something else to be concerned about. He filed it away to ponder later. Time to deflect.

I am sure everything is FINE. Let's give them their space. In any case, I take it with the alcohol flowing that no one wanted to join me in Fiji for a jog or some fun in the sun?

Nicolas winked knowingly at Cass...
 
Parthenon - Delilah's Penthouse

Delilah showed him the text from her phone

Text from Zach said:
I heard you were going through something difficult. I just wanted to let you know that i'm here for you. If you need me to listen...or lighten your load emotionally...or just leave you alone, lol.

Cameron rolled his eyes, but not like a normal person. Upon reading the text Cameron rolled his eyes so far and dramatically behind his head that he felt as if they were going to pop out of his head.

"That's DEFINITELY a Zach Armani statement if I ever saw one. I'm sure he would love to be there for you, just like he was for Sharon...and Claudia...and basically everybody BUT his actual 'beloved'...."

To say that Cameron despised Zach was an understatement. Zach may have been silent during his stay at Melrose Place for the most part, but the fact that he was able to do what he had done to Haleigh time and time again and still have the balls to show his face around The Six? It bothered him. The two had come to blows in the past, specifically in the Melrose Place courtyard, but of COURSE Zach had this way about him where he able to maintain this ridiculous likeability factor and asylum behind Haleigh. Cameron may have lost in that physical altercation, but THAT had been a different and less stable Cameron. This time? If Zach stepped out of line or pursued ANY kind of affair with any OTHER member or associate of The Six, he would meet the long end of Cameron's TK Katanna...as would the person he had slept with.

Delilah started typing.

Delilah: "Dear Zach...if you cheat on Haleigh I will personally photon blast your balls off. Then I'll have Karen heal you so I can do it again. How does THAT sound?"

He smiled at Delilah as he took a bite of his food.

"Hey...as TRUE as the sentiment behind that statement is...I probably SHOULDN'T endorse it...In fact...I have no recollection of such a text..."

[thinking for a moment]

"Maybe also mention something about his hair?"

The two laughed as they continued their brunch together, which was a FAR lighter and lovely time than when they had first met each other this morning. But THIS was friendship. Delilah was not in the mindspace to be rational, and Cameron didn't expect her to, but he also wanted HER to know that he wasn't somebody she could walk all over, especially after what they had just went to together. They had it out for a moment, and they moved on...both knowing that their friendship WOULD survive something as petty as this.

[some time later]

"My God...I'm stuffed...and I've gotta head to a meeting in a little bit..."

Cameron let out a belch.

"Sorry bout it..."

[laughing]

"Walk me to the door?"

Cameron and Delilah stood from their chairs as they made their way to their front door. He grabbed Delilah's hand and squeezed it, his gaze softening. He spoke in a lower tone.

"I should have said something...I'm sorry."

He embraced her in a big and warm signature Cameron King bear hug before placing his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm glad we did this...almost made me FORGET for awhile...Whatever you need from me? Just let me know...I'll keep my space..you're not my little sister...and despite what you might think...I DO trust your judgment...you're gonna be fine..."

Cameron gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"How about we meet for coffee next week and you can FINALLY give me the DIRTY details on Sally Spectra's little errand boy."

He smiled as the two said their goodbyes and Cameron began to head upstairs to his own penthouse. It had been an interesting morning. He had gained new ground and understanding with Alycia...he managed to salvage the morning with Delilah and let her know that he was still on her side...He WOULD still keep a watchful eye out for her. That part he just couldn't help himself with, but he knew that Delilah was on a path where she had to make mistakes on her own and find her OWN way back to the group...just as he had to do two years ago.

As the elevator dinged, he walked down the hall and into his penthouse, making his way to his home office to tie some loose ends up for his impromptu meeting with Blaze a little later on.
 
Parthenon - VIP Clubhouse

Blaze said:
Blaze waves her hand dismissively as Vivica and Cass talk about Simon

"Yeah, yeah...he's allll heart!"

She said with sarcasm and a bit of a laugh

"He's alright. I think there's more to him than he's showing. There's some potential there that he's hiding. But he better be careful, messing with Ava...he'll meet an END similar to males in the INSECT KINGDOM when she DEVOURS him! He's fun, sure, but he's going to have to do a lot more than try charm and joke if he wants to win over anyone else in the Six."

"I'm all for INCLUSION, but respect is EARNED, not given."

Vivica gestured somewhat nonchalantly at Blaze's last comment as she took another drink of her newly refreshed Mimosa, this time mixing her champagne with pomegranate juice instead of the standard orange juice.

"Well then...PUT him in a situation that ALLOWS him the opportunity to GAIN respect...I'm just saying...he's more than earned mine, boo!"

Topic moved to Cameron and Cassandra seemed visibly distraught at Blaze's good natured ribbing.

Cass said:
BLAZE! You make it sound as if I have a crush on him!

Blaze said:
"Well I think you just MIGHT!"

Smiling with a wicked grin at the psionic succubuss as she joked. it was obvious Cass was not terribly inclined toward the boys "in that way"...RIGHT NOW

"The way you pick on him! It's a CLASSIC sign of a crush!"

Vivica joined in, filling Cass in on some of the blanks about the total picture that is Cameron. She also remaked on the changes in him that allowed him to step up in the capacity as a leader during a time of need in the Six.

"That night during the Blue Moon, right before my sister and Nicolas teleported to the Underworld, Morg was the one who called upon Cameron to step up and show the team what it meant to be a "Founding Member". Even she respects him now. He's come such a long way. I'm happy for him and relieved. I won't have to kick his ass!"

"Besides, I think he likes it rough...AMAZON style!"

Blaze popped a piece of fruit in her mouth as she laughed a bit.

Vivica smiled upon hearing how well Cameron was doing as she furthered eyed Cassandra. She definitely had a nervous type energy, and Vivica could tell that no matter how cool, calm and collected she was in front of Blaze and Vivica herself..the others in The Six were probably incredibly intimidating to her. She nudged Cass from under the table.

"Ooh! Cass and Cameron sitting in a tree...F U C K I N G! Haha!"

[on Blaze's last statement. The "amazon" one]

"Ugh, Blaze! Don't remind me! But seriously look out Cass! You know how many women have been in your shoes, thinking Cameron was nothing but an unfuriating little school boy and then found themselves in BED with him? It's incredible really...I think THAT might be Cameron's superpower. The ability to bed women who could SNAP him in TWO!"

When the conversation moved to girl on girl love, Blaze of course lit up like a paper lantern. :haha:

Cass said:
:: Cass laughed as well and looked at Blaze, taking her hand and squeeing it. She had a mischievious smile on her face. ::

*teases* : "Looks like Viv's figured YOU out!"

Blaze said:
"OR maybe she had help figuring HERSELF out!"

Rolling her tongue around her closed mouth as she looked rather knowingly at Vivica and then back at Cass with a soft laugh. It was well known which side of the fence Blaze was on and that she was quite comfortable and fluid with her sexuality. She also enjoyed scandalizing others with it as only she could. But perhaps what was most interesting is that she always had a way of bringing out the fire and passion in OTHERS, no matter which side of the fence they were on. This weekend had been proof of that, since just about everyone around her had engaged in salacious debauchery!

"And the same for YOU, my dear."

Squeezing Cass' hand back.

"Talk about getting caught up in the moment! You keep acting up and somebody might have go to give you a spanking! Cameron wont be the ONLY one walking around with a hand print on his bottom!"

Blaze laughs heartily at the idea of taking Cass over her knee and spanking her.

Vivica blushed for a moment before snapping back to reality and laughing.

"Well! These mimosas seem to be just dissappearing from right in front of me! What is a girl to do?"

Blaze: Are you trying to out drink me, Viv? Don't you know gluttony is a sin? Maybe you need a spanking too!

"I'm gonna NEED all this liquor for what appears to be shaping up as Spankfest 2014!"

Cass said:
"Well, Order some more, girl! I'd like to announce a toast to the best friendships and ALSO to NEW ones as well!"

Blaze said:
"I'll drink to that!"

"Here's to good drinks, beautiful women, great times and memories full of fire and passion!"

And once again, the clink their glasses together.

Blaze happend to shift her eyes just in time to catch sight of Dominique Deveraux, LEAVING the out door balcony area where they were sitting. It was a brief view, but Blaze knew it was her.

"I'd like to amend that! To good drinks, beautiful women, great FOOD, even better ART and HOT SEX!"

Vivica clinked her glass together with the other women as she saw Blaze eye Nicolas and Dominique.

"That seems a little odd right? Sue me but i've been keeping an eye on that since I saw them arrive. Dominique seemed a little nervous...which from what i've heard about her...is a little odd..."

Vivica failed to mention that at certain points she had 'listened in' with her enhanced hearing and picked up bits and pieces of the conversation between Nicolas and his aunt. If there was one thing Vivica was GOOD at...it was recon. But still she understood that was a private moment between family and she wasn't about to spill the beans, she was however going to tuck that away in her brain in case it happened to come up again.

Nicolas said:
Nicolas looked over to the young ladies. He felt it would be rude not to say hello so he made his way over to their section, ordering a small tray of fruit on the way.

As he entered, he heard the laughing and having fun. He took a seat, smiling at each of them. But something was off...normally he would be stealing kisses and hugs and having a great time. This time though, he sat and looked as he smiled...quite a bit more subdued. Someone watching carefully might notice the change in temperament.

Hello ladies. I hope you are having a great morning. I could not walk past without speaking to such loveliness.

"Hey Nicki! What's cookin' good looking?!"

Blaze said:
Gulping down more of her passion fruit mimosa, she quickly swallows it

"Nicolas!"

But he seemed a bit...reserved. Almost pensive?

She KNEW something was off, she could feel it and even in his face, there was a look of something OTHER than his usual calm, handsome, mischievious demeanor.

"Come and sit by me!"

She pats the seat right next to her and as he sits, she reaches over and hugs him tightly.

"What are you drinking?"

She waves a server over

"Can we have several more ROUNDS? Add his to the order as well!"

"And how many times have i told you about dressing like a monk around me?"

Blaze immediately unbuttons several buttons on Nicolas' shirt

"Now, that's better!"

"Was that Dominique that just left here? Nicolas, your aunt is such a class act! I really appreciate her gift of song to me last night at the party.

"Are you okay? you look...and FEEL a bit concerned about something. "

No sooner that she asked that did Ava arrived, and soon after that, she was joined by another woman.

"Well...it seems like the club house is the hot spot today! But at least it's exclusive to us and we have an AMAZING view of the city from up here."

"I dont see the vacuum salesman with Ava, I wonder who that woman is with her?"

Blaze said as she eyed them both with curiosity.

She saw Ava arrive out of the corner of her eye, and she fought an eye roll. Blaze had been right about Ava...Vivica had no real reason to not like her. For now she would carry on as if Ava wasn't there and she would talk to her at a later date and smooth things over.

Nicolas said:
I will be fine Red. Just a lot of things going on at once. I will be fine, especially if you keep fussing over me...at some point I have no choice but to be OK.

Nicolas is laughing by now. He winks at Cass and could not help but to pat the lovely knee of Vivica as it sat right in front of him in a lovely dress.

So, you two managed to survive a Six party night. Congratulations. I hope you had fun. And Blaze?

She had finally finished whatever she was doing to his shirt and chest. He glanced down at the carnage to his office suit and just chuckled.

We need to get the particulars on the Belle Epoque show...it would be a good chance for us to do some mutually beneficial publicity and stake a claim Eastward at the same time. I have a proposal sent to your virtual office and CC'ed to Sally AND to your email as well Viv.

But they only half heard him. Ava had arrived. She sat alone, but not for long and Nicolas' mouth dropped open for a second as the beautiful woman joined her.

"Now, Nicki...I don't want some big ass ordeal...Of course I want my debut as an artist to be successful...but at the end of the day, i'd like the WORK to speak for it's self...This is MY baby, she belongs to NOBODY else, and THIS bitch *points to herself* has got to do it her own way.."

[She looked at Cass and Blaze and laughed]

"Ya see what I was saying, girls? He's always planning some big expansion or plan! Boy take this downtime to work on the home fires!"

Nicolas said:
Nicolas straightened up and took notice. Then blinked his eyes to be sure. Yep, there she was.

That, my dear, is her mother. Demeter, the Greek goddess of agriculture, grain and the harvest...the reason why there ARE seasons. I have not known her to simply WALK the Earth. I hope that everything is all right.

Nicolas knew that Demeter COULD have simply chosen to BE here. And that is not an issue in and of itself. But her presence COMBINED with Athena's gift and warning to him gave him something else to be concerned about. He filed it away to ponder later. Time to deflect.

I am sure everything is FINE. Let's give them their space. In any case, I take it with the alcohol flowing that no one wanted to join me in Fiji for a jog or some fun in the sun?

Nicolas winked knowingly at Cass...

"DEMETER!?!

Vivica had seen many art pieces and statues and actual 'religions' based on Demeter when she had been in Europe, taking a side trip to Greece. It always took Vivica back whenever she was faced with he idea that Ava actually WAS a GODDESS and her mother was one as well. That would NEVER not shock her...but it seemed the others were totally nonchalant.

[about Nicolas' jogging offer]

"Boy?! Bye! I'm sipping on this champs and then I'm taking my ass HOME for a nap...and THEN?! It's off to the gallery! She may be a successful Art Dealer, but she still has to put in those long hours!"
 
Meanwhile

<< Now with some time on her hands, Delilah eventually finds her way down to Spectra Boutique.>>

<< Inside the popular, high end shop, business is booming and demand is high, just the way it's owner, Sally Spectra likes it.>>

<< She herself is in her satellite ofice in the back end of the boutique, handling some important phone calls, returning emails and taking care of other business she would normally handle from her flagship office in L.A.>>

<< ON her desk were two copies of TMZ, one of watch featured her in all her glamorous, buxom glory, dancing suggestively with Nicolas King AND Andrew Murphy! The men looked like they where having fun as did the red haired fashion maven and she LOVED seeing the picture splashed across two pages. >>

<< The day was going smoothly. She had a meeting with Blaze and Cameron in just a little while and after that it was indulgence time at the world class Mandala spa with her friends Blaze, Ava, Alycia, Karen, Haleigh and Cass, THEN a quiest but special dinner in the evening to top off the weekend celebrating Blaze Victory.>>

<< For now though, it was business, with a dash of personal flair and levity, as only Sally Spectra could deliver.>>

<< When Delilah did arrive to Spectra Boutique and ask for Sally, one of the lines on Sally's phone beeped and a woman from the front end informed her of Delilah's arrival.>>

------------------------------------

<< On the balcony of the VIP Clubhouse, Nicolas, Blaze, Vivica and Cass continue to chat over fruit and drinks while Ava had a personal conversation with her mother, the mysterious but gentle and beautiful Demeter. The conversation was more than just quality mother/daughter time. It was another glimpse into something that was troubling Ava even in the midst of all her recent personal and professional strides forward. >>

<< Overall, The day was unfolding nicely for everyone and through it all, Blaze seemed to have finally slipped into the place she knew she wanted to be and truthfully belonged. Now she was helping to broaden and strengthen the six's circle.>>

<< This couldnt be happening at a better time...considering what was to come for them all...>>
 
Parthenon- Spectra

:: It was full steam ahead today at Spectra and with the captain, Sally Spectra herself, at the helm in the newest and now wildly successfully property of the House of Spectra, things were definitely crackling with energy around the boutique.::

:: Out in the front end of the store, customers were being served with style and detail and dresses, jewelry, shoes, purses, suites and cosmetics were leaving the store at a steady rate while orders from exclusives clients both "in-house" and off site around the area were flooding in, keeping Andrew Murphy, Sally's newest employee, quite busy.::

::Sally had sent him a message, asking him to come see her in his office when he returned from an in-house delivery, so he would be there soon, meanwhile, she herself was seated at her desk in her satellite office, handling some phone calls and emails, while also starting some early sketches of ideas she'd had for a new line for next fall.::

:: Always stay busy and ALWAYS stay two steps ahead of your competitor! In her case, the House of Forrester. She loved it's Head Designer and CEO, Eric Forrester, but had a "FRENEMY" relationship with his wife and co-owner, Stephanie Forrester. but that just motivated Sally to keep making sure she remained on top in that competition.::

We spend MILLIONS of dollars in this company on research to ensure the fabrics we use in our various lines are both cutting edge and luxurious and we expect a RETURN on that investment!

:: She bellowed into the phone as she was giving the chemist, Brooke Logan, an earfull. At that moment, as Brooke began blubbering about why she'd failed to meet the deadline for submitting her report on the BeLief formula, another of Sally's lines chimed. Sally put Brooke on hold and answered the line.

Yes?

>>Spectra Boutique Concierge: Ms. Spectra? There's a Delilah Trelevan at the front end asking for you?

....

What a pleasant surprise.

:: The fashion maven thought as a smile crept up on her face::

Yes, of course. Send her back here.

>>Spectra Boutique Concierge: Right away, Ms.Spectra.

:: Back on the other line with Brooke, Sally continued to lay down the law, even as Delilah finally reached the doors to her office and quietly knocked, Sally waved her in and gestured for her to sit down at one of the chairs facing her desk while she continued on the phone. Delilah noticed two copies of TMZ on Sally's desk, one was opened to the two page splash featuring Sally, Nicolas and Andrew. the other one had a picture of Blaze, Vivica and Cass channeling Madonna, Britney & Christina at the VMAS.

Now you listen to me, little Logan. I've about HAD IT with you playing house with the Forrester play boy Ridge! I do not PAY YOU the generous salary you have become accustomed to in order for you to waste MY time while you're rolling around on the floor in Forrester's office! This is a business and we have a position to maintain! We're not going to do that if our best and brightest are dancing on their BACKS all day!

:: Sally bellowed as she waved her hand in the air, rolling her eyes even as Delilah looked on::

Now! You get that report together by the end of business TODAY and be ready to present it to me PERSONALLY this evening before you leave or I'll have you on the carpet up here and you won't like the rug burns I leave!

And I better NOT find out you've been letting Spectra secrets and tidbits slip out to Ridgie poo while you've been playing TONSIL HOCKEY or i might just have to PULL YOUR TONGUE OUT!

:: her smooth, contralto voice boomed as she slammed the phone down and huffed with annoyance before taking a moment to exhale, then primp in her compact before looking at Delilah and finally smiling.::

You know, sometimes you've got to knock a few heads together before someone gets a clue and gets it together!

SO!

:: Leaning back in her chair and folding her arms::

How are ya, Lightengale?

Looking FABULOUS I see.

:: Winking and nodding to the outfit Delilah was wearing. One of Sally's designs.::

What brings you down to the trenches today?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Liquid Crystal Images / Clandestine Intelligence

Nicolas: I have taken...enough of your time. It is good to see you Haleigh. Should the other Nicholas choose again to detain you in his employ for this long, I should warn you that I will be forced to come for you. See you later.

Haleigh nodded, going back to eating her food.

"Good to see you too. Don't worry about Nick Fury. If he calls again, I'll send him an operative from my company instead of going to help SHIELD myself. See ya."

Nic kissed her forehead, and Haleigh gently grabbed and released his wrist in response. She finished her breakfast as Zach walked Nicolas out.

Zach: Haleigh, I had some clothes brought over for you. Were you still planning on coming in for the monthly board meeting?

Haleigh stood up, grabbing the plates from the table and carrying them to the kitchen as he talked.

"Yes. (Coming back out of the kitchen) Oh, hey John. Thanks for this, let's see what you brought."

There were a few different sets, something comfortable, something dressy, something business casual. There, the business casual. A pastel green button-down, black dress pants, and a feminine black vest. Perfect day-wear.

"Yes, this will be fine."

Haleigh took off her robe without ceremony, clearly not caring that Zach's assistant was here. He quickly looked down at the floor, indicating his discomfort. Haleigh tried to help him focus on something else.

"How's your wife, John?"

John: oh, she's doing great! She really enjoys the nursing position with Clandestine, she says it's like working at a private doctor's office. Thanks again for hiring her on, she really wanted to get out of that hospital desk job.

"Well, that wasn't me, Charlotte handles staffing issues, but you're welcome."

Zach: John, what's on my agenda for today?

Haleigh left the room then, leaving them to discuss business while she went into the master bath to finish getting ready. Teeth, hair, makeup, sometimes Haleigh wished she had a stylist on staff to do the things for her, as they had been done last night by Sally's people. As it was, everything in the bathroom had thin metal bands around the handles, so Haleigh could mentally manipulate them and multitask. Zach came in as Haleigh was applying her mascara. She moved over so he could do whatever grooming men did, she finished, cleaned up the smudges, then stood and checked her hair.

You ready?

Zach: Yeah, I just have to put on my shirt.

"I'll knot your tie."

Zach: The blue paisley one, please.

She found his tie of choice and draped it around her neck, knotting it Full Windsor as she sent a digital request to room service to have the room tidied. She picked out his shirt then, a nice light blue that would bring out his eyes. Zach came out and took his shirt, Haleigh put his tie on, and with a little teamwork, they were both ready to go. They cruised through their morning routine with the ease and synchronized rhythm of a couple who had done this many times before.

She left for Clandestine, knowing he would collect all the little things he needed to carry and follow her. She appeared in the board room. Some of her board members were already here, shuffling papers and drinking coffee, preparing mentally for the briefing. Haleigh's assisistant Jennifer came in with a folder for her and a cup of coffee.

Haleigh made small talk as they waited for everyone to arrive. She used to fake these interactions, she used to just pretend to care, but after that session she'd had with Karen a while back.... She started to make an effort to actually connect with people. Not JUST the six themselves, though that was where she concentrated her 'care', but here at work as well, after all, these were the people who ran the day to day aspects of her company, and Haleigh had a lot of trust placed in them, but that trust had been earned over years of loyal dedication to the company. All of her board members had been with Clandestine since day one.

Zach choked on his coffee suddenly, and Haleigh chuckled loudly, reading Delilah's reply for herself.

Zach: So should I take that as a no?

"I think she secretly wants to ride the Italian Stallion."

Zach: Hardy har har.

Cassandra Alluisi, the CEO for Haleigh's front company, leaned over Zach's shoulder and read his text like a little sister might.

Cassandra: I think she's right, why else would she accuse you of wanting to cheat? Plus she's apparently planning on what she'd like to do with your balls. This one sounds a little kinky Zach, you might want to watch out.

Zach: You two are hilarious. Can we start running the company now?

Haleigh laughed for a few more seconds. It was too easy, and so much fun to tease him. But he was right, they had several things to discuss.

"Yeah, actually, everyone's here."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
- Despite a rocky start, the remainder of brunch was lovely. It really was a treat to be able to catch up with Persephone and interact with her normally. They spoke about this Simon Pratt whom Persephone adamantly stated was just a friend. But Demeter could see in her daughter's eyes that there was more to it than just "friends". He lit something up in her that had long since been dimmed. But she denied it, leading Demeter to let the subject go....despite knowing otherwise. ;) -

- Finally, it was time for her to leave. -

"Well this certainly was a treat."

Ava: "Yes...I really did enjoy myself this afternoon."

"You sound surprised? I'll have you know, i'm not some ancient old crone that likes to sit at home and knit, darling."

- She teased, prompting Persephone to laugh. -

Ava: "Oh yes, gardening is more your forte."

- Demeter narrowed her eyes playfully at her daughter's jab at her love for gardening. Standing from her booth, Persephone followed suit. As both woman began to walk towards the VIP Clubhouse exit, Demeter spotted a familiar face. Smiling, she veered off course and began to head towards Nicolas. She heard Persephone audibly groan. -

"Nicolas! What a sight for sore eyes."

- Demeter exclaimed with a bright smile, taking the time to greet him with a hug. She adored Nicolas for the pure fact that he was an energetic young man who loved life and embraced all that came with it. And he was very protective of those he loved, which included her daughter. -

"It's good to see you again."

- Demeter noted Blaze was there too. She had met Blaze Fielding in the past, but not the recent addition Blaze Victory. Giving the mutant a warm smile, she leaned down and gave her a cheek to cheek kiss. Demeter was notorious for making someone feel at home and comfortable. She was known for being warm and welcoming--motherly. A polar opposite from her sisters Athena and Hecate. -

"I know I have yet to meet you Blaze, but I considered your counterpart a very brave and carefree soul. I can see those same qualities radiate from you as well."

- Noting the other two woman, whom she had never seen before. Smiling at them. -

"How incredibly rude of me...I'm Demeter, it's very nice to meet you."

Ava: "Mom...we should go."

"Yes, of course. I do need to get back. Well it was a pleasure! Have a good rest of the day."

- Giving Nicolas one last hug, Demeter instinctively buttoned up a few of the buttons that Blaze had undone earlier. Placing her hand on his cheek, she whispered playfully. -

"Leave them wondering."

- Winking, the "them" meaning the woman he most obviously attracted. Skin was fabulous, but the imagination? That was even more powerful. Departing from the table, she and Persephone headed to the front doors. -
 
Ava had to admit, it had been a wonderful lunch. A little rocky in the beginning, but once getting past the elephant in the room, everything was smooth sailing from there. She hadn't had time like this with her mother in years. Granted she spent most of her recent recovery with Demeter, but she was hardly in a good place then. Now? She could actually enjoy a conversation with her....even if it was about Simon Pratt. Apparently he was making waves even on Olympus. Because his ego isn't already the size of the moon.

But soon, lunch was over and Demeter had to leave. Standing from the booth, both woman began to make their way to the exit when she saw her mother spot Nicolas and the others. Immediately, she veered off to see them.

"Ugh..."

Her groan wasn't so much for Nicolas and Blaze as it was Vivica and Cass. But her mother had other ideas, deciding to be the every welcoming woman that she was. She greeted Nicolas and Blaze warmly before turning her attention to Vivica and Cass.

Demeter: "How incredibly rude of me...I'm Demeter, it's very nice to meet you."

"Mom, we should go."

Nothing like having your mother meet two people you despise. But it would be interesting for them to see the sharp contrast between the two woman. Both of same blood, but both very different. Demeter welcoming and warm. Ava...ehh, not so much. At least not until people got past Ava's large towering walls.

Finally, Demeter bid farewell to every. Smiling at Nicolas and Blaze, Ava lifted her hand in a "goodbye" fashion. Walking with Demeter to the front exit, both woman stopped and turned to each other.

Demeter: "They [Vivica and Cass] seem nice."

[deadpan] "Oh, they're dandy."

Demeter: "Give them a chance, darling. You never know...they could turn out to be very good friends."

Scoffing out into almost a laugh, Ava rolled her eyes.

"I HIGHLY doubt that."

Demeter: "Well...the same could have been said about you and Alison before. And now look at the two of you. Don't shut them out, darling. Any of them."

Ava knew her advice was no longer just about Cass and Vivica. It was about the entire six as a whole...about her friends and how she was shutting them out from what had happened to her. She didn't want to argue....she didn't want to end their lunch date bitterly, so Ava just nodded.

Demeter: "I'll talk to Hecate for you. I'll be in touch."

Ava softly smiled as Demeter cupped her hands around Ava's face.

"Thank you."

Demeter leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek before embracing her with a tight hug. Wrapping her arms around her mother, she closed her eyes for a moment allowing the world to just melt away from around her.

Demeter: "Ahh my sweet little bird. We'll figure this out. I promise."

Ava nodded as they both pulled away from the hug.

Demeter: "Stay safe."

"I will."

And with that, both Ava and Demeter left the VIP Clubhouse--Ava escorting her mother to the elevator before heading back up to her own suite.
 
Parthenon- VIP Club House

Rampage said:
So, you two managed to survive a Six party night. Congratulations. I hope you had fun. And Blaze?

She had finally finished whatever she was doing to his shirt and chest. He glanced down at the carnage to his office suit and just chuckled.

We need to get the particulars on the Belle Epoque show...it would be a good chance for us to do some mutually beneficial publicity and stake a claim Eastward at the same time. I have a proposal sent to your virtual office and CC'ed to Sally AND to your email as well Viv.

But they only half heard him. Ava had arrived. She sat alone, but not for long and Nicolas' mouth dropped open for a second as the beautiful woman joined her.

"Seems that great minds think alike, Nic."

Blaze says as she happily pops a few large black grapes into her mouth

"I already told Viv I'd mention her to Sally today. I have a meeting with her and Cameron in just a little while. Glad I don't have far to go to get to the meeting! Gives me more time to enjoy another drink...or two!"


Vivica said:
Now, Nicki...I don't want some big ass ordeal...Of course I want my debut as an artist to be successful...but at the end of the day, i'd like the WORK to speak for it's self...This is MY baby, she belongs to NOBODY else, and THIS bitch *points to herself* has got to do it her own way.."

[She looked at Cass and Blaze and laughed]

"Ya see what I was saying, girls? He's always planning some big expansion or plan! Boy take this downtime to work on the home fires!"

Blaze smirked and laughed softly as she finished off her latest drink and had a refreshed one immediately brought over to her.

"Aww, give Nic a break Viv."

She winked at Vivica and squeezed Nicolas a bit

"His mind is ALWAYS aBLAZE with ideas and plans."

"He's always looking for ways to maximize a positive effect! You should've SEEN the way Sally remarked on the pieces of your artwork he purchased for her flagship office. Morgan was quite pleased with the one he presented to HER as a gift for her new office at Spectra Couture as well."

"Your gallery already has an air intimacy and exclusivity about it, since you're a cut above the rest in your field. Even just having a well placed public endorsement from Sally Spectra won't hurt that. If anything, you and your gallery would gain a tremendous publicity boon for you on the elite fashion and art circuit. AND if you were to wear one of HER designs at your opening?"

Blaze whistles like a coyote as she and Nicolas laugh

----------------------

"I dont see the vacuum salesman with Ava, I wonder who that woman is with her?"

Blaze said as she eyed them both with curiosity.

Nicolas said:
Nicolas straightened up and took notice. Then blinked his eyes to be sure. Yep, there she was.

That, my dear, is her mother. Demeter, the Greek goddess of agriculture, grain and the harvest...the reason why there ARE seasons. I have not known her to simply WALK the Earth. I hope that everything is all right.




Nicolas knew that Demeter COULD have simply chosen to BE here. And that is not an issue in and of itself. But her presence COMBINED with Athena's gift and warning to him gave him something else to be concerned about. He filed it away to ponder later. Time to deflect.

I am sure everything is FINE. Let's give them their space. In any case, I take it with the alcohol flowing that no one wanted to join me in Fiji for a jog or some fun in the sun?

Nicolas winked knowingly at Cass...

What an interesting development. First Dominique Deveraux, who Blaze felt a sense of urgency and anticipation from last night, which was unknowingly confirmed by Vivica herself just now; and NOW, the appearence of Demeter, Persephone's mother!? Of the goddesses that DID appear before the Six for avarious reasions, Demeter was the one RARELY seen!

"Wow. THAT is Demeter!? Well some of these so called historians and greek scholars must have been HIGH on drugs when they drew/sculpted various images of her. She looks AMAZING!"

Blaze smiled widely as Vivica, Cass and even NICOLAS stared at her in disbelief. Was she ACTUALLY "checking out" another GODDESS like "that"? :D

"Hey! My eyes are OPEN! They're bound to look SOMEWHERE and I believe in admiring art and beauty, in ALL it's forms!"

Shaking her head and pretending to look "innocent" as she laughed and took another gulp of her refreshed passion fruit mimosa.


Demeter said:
Standing from her booth, Persephone followed suit. As both woman began to walk towards the VIP Clubhouse exit, Demeter spotted a familiar face. Smiling, she veered off course and began to head towards Nicolas. She heard Persephone audibly groan. -

"Nicolas! What a sight for sore eyes."

- Demeter exclaimed with a bright smile, taking the time to greet him with a hug. She adored Nicolas for the pure fact that he was an energetic young man who loved life and embraced all that came with it. And he was very protective of those he loved, which included her daughter. -

"It's good to see you again."

Blaze's apple green eyes sparkled with intrigue as Ava and Demeter came over and Demeter promptly greeted Nicolas with the warmth and comfort of an "old friend." Demeter radiated such calm and serenity! It was quite a contrast from the sterness and mystery of Athena or the cold, loftyness of Hecate and Nicolas, who always appreciated the warmth and comfort of a maternal figure, seemed to appreciate Demeter's gesture of affection.

Demeter said:
- Demeter noted Blaze was there too. She had met Blaze Fielding in the past, but not the recent addition Blaze Victory. Giving the mutant a warm smile, she leaned down and gave her a cheek to cheek kiss. Demeter was notorious for making someone feel at home and comfortable. She was known for being warm and welcoming--motherly. A polar opposite from her sisters Athena and Hecate. -

"I know I have yet to meet you Blaze, but I considered your counterpart a very brave and carefree soul. I can see those same qualities radiate from you as well."


Without hestitation, Blaze embraced Demeter and returned her cheek-to-cheek kiss

"Thank you, Demeter! It's an honor to meet you like this!"

"It's wonderful to know that my cross-time alternate had a favorable impact on you. I will definitely pick up where she left off."

And with that, Blaze couldn't help but get ONE little joke in on Ava.

"So, Demeter? Are you here to put Ava on punishment for her escapades last night? I could show you the latest copy of TMZ if you'd like to see! "

They others KNEW she was referring to Ava and SIMON in particular. Cass and Vivica couldn't help but snicker and Nicolas almost choked on his drink as he covered his mouth. Blaze herself continued to smile sweetly as if she had asked a simple, mild question, KNOWING that Ava would probably open the skies and make it rain on ALL of them now. :D

Ava said:
"Mom...we should go."

Ava manages to give Blaze the FINGER without Demeter seeing. Blaze feigns a look of shock as she flicks her tongue out suggestively in response and Cass half heartedly attempts to cover Blaze's mouth, lest Demeter see.



Demeter said:
Yes, of course. I do need to get back. Well it was a pleasure! Have a good rest of the day.

"Oh the pleasure was ours, 'She who shapes the earth!'"


A little touch Blaze added to her greeting of Demeter, it was one of many titles bestowed upon Demeter by the Amazons and a sign that Blaze wasn't exactly ignorant when it came to the Gods and Goddesses of Greco-Roman antiquity


Demeter said:
Giving Nicolas one last hug, Demeter instinctively buttoned up a few of the buttons that Blaze had undone earlier. Placing her hand on his cheek, she whispered playfully. -

"Leave them wondering."

- Winking, the "them" meaning the woman he most obviously attracted. Skin was fabulous, but the imagination? That was even more powerful.

Blaze whistles as Nicolas smiles and almost seems to blush a bit.

Demeter and Ava said:
Departing from the table, she and Persephone headed to the front doors.

What an interesting day this has turned out to be so far! So many unusual sightings and visits!

"I tell ya, NEVER a dull moment in the Parthenon!"

Looking at her Iphone

"And speaking of which, I better get going! It's almost time for me to meet with Sally and Cameron!"

"I'll see you at Mandala a little later, Cass and maybe you too, Vivica?"

Standing up and giving them both hugs and light kisses on the lips!

"And Nic, I'll see you and everyone else tonight at the dinner!"

Hugging him and giving him a kiss on the lips before stepping back and sizing him up.

"Yeah. Demeter's right, YOU can get away with "covering up" a bit too! I bet Morg has fun RIPPING those clothes off of you too, right chocolate kiss?"

Her classic pet name for Nicolas from her own timeline that she carried over to this one.

"See you all later!"

Waving as she struts off and soon disappears from view, making her way to meet Cameron and Sally in just a little bit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top