A debutante ball for Blaze Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zach reached over and placed his hand on Nicolas's shoulder.

"Nic, Haleigh's right. Exhaustion and frustration is an unhealthy combination. Even if Set wasn't an issue, it's not good to stress yourself out and stretch yourself to the limit."

He said gently, his eyes glowing as he drained some of the excess emotion from Nicolas.

Nicolas could feel Zach at work and he allowed the empath to drain his excess emotion. Indeed his eyes had already begin to seep with psionic energy and they were returning to normal as Zach worked.

"You've done everything you can at this point, Nicolas. Let Banner do some bloodwork and radiation testing, and we'll know more. If it takes all our combined magic, science, and technology, we WILL reunite those two. And then we'll work on getting Delilah, Morgan and Alison to reconcile."

Nicolas nodded, then had a thought.

Hales, there are two accounts on that cloud. Use them to make certain that Banner's work does not end up in SHIELD's hands. There is no allotted limit. Once those accounts fall below a certain threshold new funds will be made available. I would appreciate it if this cloud bank were made available back to me; I do not plan to stop working, though I will respect your wishes and work...less...arduously.

Nicolas nodded to Zach out of respect; there was no need to do anything more. He knew of Nicolas' burden and he was but one of many checks available as needed. He rose, placing his napkin beside his plate. He shook Zach's hand and then leaned over, kissing Haleigh on the forehead.

I have taken...enough of your time. It is good to see you Haleigh. Should the other Nicholas choose again to detain you in his employ for this long, I should warn you that I will be forced to come for you. See you later.


Nicolas walked into a corner and disappeared into the shadows there...

...reappearing in the Danger Room of the Parthenon. He needed to blow off some steam.

Computer...run Jotunheim. Highest setting.


The room expanded out into a vast, cold wasteland. He could hear the growls in the distance and see the shapes. His axe manifested and his eyes began to glow anew. He started to walk forward slowly, his axe dragging behind him. On his face was a smile.

Come to me. Come to me and PERISH.
 
Parthenon - Alycia's Penthouse

Alycia said:
First let me just say...don't EVER try to pacify or silence me...OR invade the privacy of my thoughts in order to avoid what you THINK I'm going to say.

Secondly, you think I didn't notice her withering glances at me....US...last night?

I'm not a spectator in my own mind and body, Cameron. Even BEFORE I was an Amazon, my very profession required me to have an EYE for detail and to read people's body language.

:: She gets up from the bed, wrapping a silk mini robe around her body and getting a bottled water to drink::

You didn't have to "prepare" me for what you obviously need to take care of, Cameron.

:: She said calmly::

I'm not worried...in fact, I think it's the RIGHT thing for you to do and it speaks to your character, the person you are NOW.

But here's something I DO want you to consider.

"I apologize...you DO have a sense for detail and an uncanny ability to read people's body language, but my very nature can allow me to read the emotions behind even the most TRAINED and practiced movements and gestures....Go on..."

Alycia said:
DON'T present yourself to her as a door mat for her to stomp all over. Remember that SHE didn't exactly make herself available to you or ANYONE ELSE on this time for quite some time. Communication works BOTH ways and for someone like her? Her powers?? It comes alot easier and in more ways than for MOST. There are gaps in your relationship...and they were NOT all caused by you. Remember that before you let her reel you in with one of her cybertronic guilt hooks.

:: Alycia said with a bitchy tone toward the end of her statement as she folded her arms and rolled her hazel eyes::

Is YOUR friendship with Haleigh something I can deal with?

:: scoffing with a laugh as she turns back to look at Cameron::

The better question to ask is, can SHE handle a real friendship with ANYONE on this team without disappearing for 6 months at a time. Can SHE handle YOU with ME. US?

You better stop looking at her as a wounded sheep and recognize her for the WOLF that she's always been.

You may have forgotten this, but my own relationship with Haleigh came a LONG WAY through the years...there was even a time when YOU weren't around, that she and I especially found ourselves seeing each other in a new light, both professionally and personally.

She's a remarkable woman, TRULY.

:: sighing::

Cameron cocked an eyebrow and initially resisted what Alycia was telling him, though he was keeping an open mind and truly listening to her words. He KNEW the gaps in their relationship weren't just created by HIM...but he DID do a FAIR amount of the nurturing that created the situation they were currently in. He knew that in terms of gossip and hearsay and rumors surrounding The Six, that Cameron and Haleigh were usually at the top of the list...however, NOBODY on the team ever DARED to actually sit down with EITHER of them and ASK what was going on...and therefore, MUCH of what people assumed or THOUGHT they knew about either of them was inaccurate or not ALL there.

"Alycia..who among us ISN'T a wolf? Every single one of us walks around this world looking as a human and every SINGLE one of us has the potential to do extraordinarily pervase and depraved things. YOUR relationship and the way that YOU personally know Haleigh is completely different than the way that I know her...and to say that I wear rose colored glasses around her or that I see her as anything other than what she is...is to underestimate the connection that the two of us share...and that is part of my point...If anything..I think I see Haleigh FAR clearer than anybody else on this team...and I think she would say the same...The way you speak now makes me scared that BECAUSE there is tension between you, that it will lead you more easily down a path of thinking that could be detrimental..to US...And if there is anybody who is more guilty of dissappearing for six months at a time it's ME, so if you were to be mad at anybody on The Six for that..be mad at ME..."

Alycia said:
:: sighing::

She deserves the credit for being the FIRST among the Six to challenge me on my reflex to discount myself as..."only human" when dealing with you all.

When I left Aerie for Themyscira, I was a broken woman and hardly registered the world around me. You weren't there to see me...to see US in the violent aftermath of what Bishop did.

I vaguely remember Haleigh expressing her displeasure over Sharon and I accepting Athena's offer to heal and recover on Themyscira but at that time I couldn't understand why.

When I returned...one of the people I MOST wanted to see...was HER.

Imagine my surprise....and utter disappointment when I DID finally see her at Melrose Place 24 hours ago. The way she behaved toward me? And that behavior came with such EASE, it was like she hadn't grown or changed...AT ALL.

Let's just say...any ILLUSION I had about where she & I stood as so-called friends has been shattered.

As far as I'm concerned....I don't even think she KNOWS how to be a friend to anyone for any sustained period of time. But that's just how *I* feel. That has no bearing on the situation between YOU TWO.

Cameron got up from the bed and pulled Alycia closer to him upon her words of Bishop and the aftermath that followed that. He hadn't been there and although one part of him desperately wishes he COULD have been there, feeling as if he COULD have changed things, another part of him was almost...."glad" to have been trapped in the Astral Plane. He sighed heavily as he took a seat in one of the morning chairs beside the bed.

"Alycia..this is the thing about Haleigh..she IS who she is...and she's never been anything but. Out of every single person on this team, she has been the most consistent. Even when we look through and have seen other timelines, you don't see a Haleigh that isn't loyal to this group, whether she died in the process or not. She's enigmatic...and POLARIZING, and BECAUSE she doesn't allow herself to connect to the people around her...it forces THEM to try and figure her out, try to rationalize HER reasoning..it creates a scenario where people attach attributes or characteristics to her that don't necessarily apply, in order to rationalize their feelings about her, or to better "order" her in their world...much of the backlash she receives is because people build her up in their heads and when she doesn't live up to that, they get incredibly let down...People WANT to be her friend and WANT to be close to her simply for the fact that the feat in and of itself is nearly impossible...Just when you think you've got there...you HAVEN'T...it's infuriating...I KNOW this. But I also know...Haleigh has an incredible amount of respect for you..as a human being. As a woman and as an ally to this team...and just because she doesn't react in the way you WANT or EXPECT her to...it doesn't take any of that away. If you plan on moving forward at ALL with her..YOU'VE got to accept her for what she IS and NOT who you THINK she should be..."

He looked out the window as he took in the view of Central Park.

"All I know is that two years ago, when I was in The Citadel..fighting for my life against MysTech...AND Morgan and Alison...There was ONE person there that looked at me...up and down, and trusted me, and made a DEAL with me. That we would look out for each other...protect each other, be a united front. I wasn't the person I am now, that's for damn sure, but she never JUDGED me for it...and she NEVER stopped being on my side. That person was HALEIGH. No matter WHAT anybody thinks of how we acted back in the day, or what our actions CAUSED...SHE was able to see the good in me and I her...and honestly? There is nothing in this world that anybody can say that will make me think less of her...dissappointed, sure...Hurt? Maybe...but when my house of cards was falling down around me, SHE tried to pick those cards up and put them back together again. She's never spoke ill of me, she's never gone behind my back, she's NEVER intentionally hurt me..out of ANYBODY on this team, she's been my closest ally and partner in crime. Right or wrong, Alycia..Haleigh's been a friend, and NOT just to me. To ALL of them.."

Standing from the chair.

"And in light of the things that happened during The Blue Moon? I think it's important that ALL of us, take a look at the relationships around us and wonder whether or not what happened to Alison, Morgan and Delilah could happen to us..and what those CONSEQUENCES that these little "resentments" or "anger" could LEAD to..I think you owe it to yourself to have a conversation with her as well, Alycia...figure it out..because after all that we just went through, the time for letting things go or letting them FESTER is gone. We can't afford another scenario like this..."

He moved over to Alycia and embraced her in a hug. Cameron was between a rock and a hard place. He REALLY wanted to things to progress and move forward with Alycia and he knew that this required a great amount of honesty, considering how secrets had RUINED relationships in the past for members of The Six...the more honest they were, the more protected they would be...because nobody knew how long this truce between The Sisterhood would last, and he knew that once it ended...Diana would be gunning for them, twisting their thoughts and secrets and revealing them in big and hurtful ways.

While it may not have been the best time to bring everything up after such a nice and passionate evening, Cameron felt there was no time to waste. He needed to talk to Haleigh and he needed to make sure that Alycia was okay with it. He whispered into her ear softly.

"I really care about you, Alycia...and the whole reason I brought it up is because if you are going to be a bigger part of my life, if we are going to move forward..we have to be honest. And honestly? I DO value your opinion, and I DO care how my relationships with ANY of our teammates would effect you. Maybe that's immature, maybe that's giving you less credit than you deserve..but I don't want to hurt you..and I don't want to lose THIS....."

He gestured his hands between them in a "you and me" motion with his fingers. He placed one hand on her shoulder and the other into her silk robe and onto her heart, which was beating fast.

"This MEANS something Alycia..."

He placed her hand on his chest, over his heart as well.

"We EFFECT each other...we give each other a CHARGE..and it feels really good..."

Cameron kissed her lips.

"Are we good?"

He took a look at the clock and let out an audible grunt.

"Shit! I'm supposed to meet Delilah for brunch...and I'm late!"
 
The Parthenon

Blaze said:
She winks as she has the server put the bill on her SPECTRA expense account, knowing how Sally PREFERS as many receipts as possible for tax write offs!

"Let's take a walk. I hope you don't mind, but this hotel has so much to offer in the way of interior design, I'm sure YOU can appreciate that more than most. and a little walk will give me time to respond to you."

And off they go walking together casually, making their way as Blaze leads them on a certain scenic route.

Vivica nodded as the two made their way out of the restaurant and began to walk around the hotel. In every corner of the space Vivica had a memory. Of her walking the grounds of the building while it was still in construction, in heels and a hardhat. She remembered fighting with Cameron over the color of the walls in the hallways and selecting the staff. So many memories of her work at King Enterprises and to be here now and see it thriving made her feel good. As much as she had been raked over the coals in the paper over the closure of King Enterprises, this hotel stood as a beacon of success in the city and it was something that she could take part ownership in...well, it was something she DID have part ownership in. She had maintained a 15% profitshare in the hotel chain since it's inception.

Blaze said:
"Viv...there's alot going on here. But it's not just Ava, Alycia or even the Six in general. It's also YOU...and perhaps even moreso, CAMERON."

Blaze felt this was a chance for her to "pay it forward" in a way. Cameron had educated and enlightened her...now she could do the same for Vivica. Blaze knew most people, some of which were on her very team, were rather sensitive and didnt like being corrected or even challenged, but she could see that Vivica appreciated "real talk." That was the best kind of talk there was!

"Ava was doing what comes naturally. She was trying to protect her father. I don't know why the rest of the Six didn't do a better job of looking out for YOU out in the battled field...as I wasn't there for that caper...but I do know that when it comes to Persephone, especially POST "seige perilous merge"? She is not just a cold, heartless bitch. She's as deep and complex as they come, but I also know she doesn't let go easily...OR let people IN easily. NONE of us do and Cameron, KNOWING that, should have made an effort to bring you further in and help bridge the gap."

"You're right, Alycia DID kill Stavros...in self defense. The moment he stalked her into her office and attacked her, he brought his death on himself. Everyone knows that...including AVA, but that was her father and were family is concerned...sometimes logic just...."checks out."

"Even ALYCIA knew this, which is why she never tried to check or negate Ava's hatred of her. What you're seeing now between them? That's a recent development but it's real and happening the way it's supposed to."

"I know the feeling very well, as you know, I DO have a sister. One that I love very much and am VERY protective of and I will burn this entire hotel DOWN to nothingness before I let her be hurt."

"...you obviously were victimized in that caper and I'm sorry that happened to you. BUT here you are NOW. BETTER than ever! Let me give you some advice when it comes to Ava."

"Ava is every bit as in tuned with nature as her codename Persephone implies. She can even CONTROL animals, read their thoughts, know their instincts. SHE has those same instincts and when she's around someone who gives off the vibe of "PREY?" that's how she's going to treat them."

"And believe me...if you had encountered her BEFORE she "merged" via the seige perilous, in her original timeline? You wouldn't be here now to feel ANY kind of way about it. You'd be nothing more than a sorch mark on the ground."

"She did something that was fucked up...we ALL have, for any number of reasons."

"She's come a long way from her original timeline and even since that caper involving Stavros. But if you keep coming at her from BACK THEN...that's how you're going to continue to get treated by her."

Vivica furrowed her brow for a moment at the comment of Alycia and Stavros.

"She can say self defense as much as she wants, Blaze...but I don't many people willing to hike a set of golf clubs up some ninety floors just to keep them there in case they get the urge to golf..."

It was bitchy, but to be honest, she just was not in a good space to be talking about Alycia at the moment. Seeing her again after all this time had really sent her for a loop and she was still trying to process it all.

"When it comes to Ava..I've known what you are saying to be true for some time now. I don't hate her...when I look back, the reason that i'm here now in New York...doing art and...other things...it's because that bullet changed my life...It left me remarkably "human" and I took a chance and went off to Europe. In a way, she freed me...it's just to be faced with her so soon after returning to the city, to see her walking around...and now WORKING with my best friend...It just puts a girl on edge..."

[looking down for a moment]

"Maybe I should talk to her...at SOME point..."

Blaze said:
Moving on to Cameron.

"Viv, I've learned more about the nature of your relationship to Cameron from YOU in the last half hour than I have from Cameron in all the time I've known him and even before you shared that, I could tell there was more to you and him than what was immediately visible. You ARE his foundation. You were there when he was lost...and for all intents & purposes...an orphan! "

"But that's the thing...he WAS, at that time, not a whole person. A boy who had had been ABUSED by his violent, insane, sick bitch of a mother, seemingly abandonned by one sister....and manipulated by the other. You and your mother obviously stood in the gap for him...but I dont think either of you knew the depths to which he had been dragged by his birth family and how that still haunts HIM to this day. It's one of the reasons why he has this ANNOYING habit of disappearing even from US every so often! It's only been RECENT that he's come to realize he may find himself in a situation where there is NO ONE to help him if he keeps disappearing."


"I KNOW the pain of loss and abandonment. It can damage you...and clearly it damaged him. You said so yourself...he even murdered someone. But he's NOT the first on the team to have spilled blood for less than justifiable reasons."

"I think an ongoing issue with Cameron is that he's NEVER been completely WHOLE. Every time one thing or person comes...something else is IMMEDIATELY negated and he'll never be able to "have it all." It may even be an unconscious thing on his part. A self sabotaging reflex. He's NEVER known what it is to have a WHOLE and COMPLETE LIFE that HE was in control of....until JUST NOW apparently."

"I'm not going to suggest that I know him BETTER than you? But i DO know his heart. I can tell the real from the fake and while he has OBVIOUSLY neglected you...it was NOT out of contempt."

"He's been...he's been working OVERTIME, trying to hold US together in the aftermath of the "Blue Moon..."

Her mind was filled with thoughts of her friendship with Cameron over the years, and his many, MANY relationships. Each one was more meaningless and toxic as time went on. The only person that Vivica had EVER met that she felt could have really been IT for Cameron...was Haleigh, and even now that seemed like a foregone conclusion.

"Oh, I know it wasn't out of contempt, Blaze...I know how much he loves me and cares for me..it's just...he's actually been working OVERTIME ever since The SIX came into his life. That's when things started to drift between us...On my end, I was equal parts jealous and equal parts confused. I had been Cameron's 'sister' and all of a sudden..he has not one but TWO sisters..and even though he HATED Alison for a time...from the second he found out that he had a sister..he didn't stop until he got her respect and her love..."

Blaze said:
Stopping herself from spilling off into THAT story, as bad as it was.

"You'll notice that my sister is ABSENT. So is HIS sister for that matter, along with our other team mate, Delilah Trelevan, whom i'm sure you've met. Well...ALL THREE of them NOT being here is a direct result of the Blue Moon caper we just emerged from and Cameron has done aLOT to try to keep us together in that aftermath."


She winks at Vivica as she wraps her arm under and around the girl, now walking arm and arm with her, not concerned with what anyone else passing by might thing.

"The sense of family and the need to preserve it...that's something he learned from you and your mother I'll bet. YOU held HIM together when none of us were there, before any of us knew him, before even his own sister became aware of him again." He owes you his life and all you want...is for him to truly realize that. I think he DOES in a "matter-of-fact" way...but YOU need it to come from the HEART...the SOUL. I get that...and he's going to as well. Even if I have to set his tight, round ass on FIRE to make him feel it."


Laughing a bit as she nudged Vivica and they continued on, passing through a circular walk way with beautiful flora and plant arrangements all around them and a waterfall flowing just to their left, causing Blaze to raise her voice just a bit so Vivica could hear her.

"Seriously, this whole weekend...he did this for me...him and Nicolas both. I love them very much, but I know that sometimes a person has to "take care of home" first. Cameron and I are family and in many ways...we SHARE the role of The Six's "HEART"...but YOU are HIS heart. I see that all about you. He'll never be truly be the complete man he yearns to be without ALL the pieces in place."

"He's been AMAZING lately, But despite his valiant efforts, he has once again missed one KEY detail. YOU, Vivica."

Blaze linked arms with Vivica as the two began to walk to a beautiful area of the hotel with plants and even a waterfall. She really liked Blaze, and it was nice to see her in a somewhat sweeter and less ostentatious kind of way. She felt like she was getting to see a more honest and real side of Blaze and she definitely was a perceptive person. Much of what she had said about Cameron was true. She returned Blaze's embrace as the two continued to walk.

"You know...it just makes me so happy to see him doing well...and I think that's why i've remained silent for so long. As many troubles as he had with this group...it's transformed him in ways I didn't see possible...well.. NO, that's not correct...I've ALWAYS seen his potential...but to know where he came from and to see him today? It's incredible...and to see him actually FIND someone in his family that hasn't been nor will ever be taken away from him, it's everything I ever wished for him...He's not the only one who forgot ME, Blaze...I DID TOO! I can't blame him COMPLETELY...as my mother used to say...A closed mouth does NOT get fed! I should have said something a long time ago...but I didn't want to complicate his already complicated life with all of you..."

To know that something was going on between Morgan, Alison and Delilah was shocking to say the least. She didn't know Delilah very well, but Morgan had been VERY accomodating to Vivica during Cameron's death, and she was grateful that Morgan was able to put whatever her feelings were for Cameron aside and act with a sense of respect for a fallen teammate.

Blaze said:
"Now about Alycia...."


Blaze sighs.

"There's nothing you could tell me that would make me think less of her. I know her. I've seen her courage, her valor, her SACRIFICE. Things that you are capable of as well."

"You two have more in common than YOU want to see! Alycia IS a ball buster, just like YOU are competitive. What's the difference between the two, a flip of the coin? A twist of circumstance?"

"BOTH of you felt you HAD to be that way, for reasons that were real and apparent to each of you."

"Is it fair for you to assume how Alycia was...or what her thought process was before you even knew her?"

Vivica tensed up at the mention of Alycia's name. She was hoping to avoid the topic altogether, but she knew Blaze wasn't going to let it go. Blaze was nothing if not curious and a busy body :p . Vivica pursed her lips for a moment.

"It's fair in the sense that she SURE as hell pulled an opinion of me out of her ASS before ever knowing me. I'm not competitive with Alycia out of my nature...I'm competitive with Alycia because she all but BREEDS in others in her attempts to prove that she is something more than 'just a human'...which is a catchphrase that if I never hear again it will be too soon..."

Alycia said:
"Think about it. When you knew her "back then"...what was she about? THE LAW. Practicing it, interpreting it, using it to preserve order and PROTECT the weak! WHO did she go after? WHO'S destruction was her TRUE life's mission? NO , not Cameron....I mean in the bigger picture! MYSTECH."

"Viv, Alycia had this reflexive habit of discounting herself when dealing with the Six, often remarking how "surprised she was they still wanted/needed her despite her being...'ONLY HUMAN'." You think YOU short changed yourself? You guys were doing the SAME THING. This woman spent her life striving to succeed beyond her father's biggest hopes for her...never feeling like it was enough because he saw NONE of it. He was already dead. She used the power of the LAW to stand as an EQUAL and a VALUED ally among the Six, and even then, she felt like it wasnt enough. You went out in the field with the Six. You gave of yourself...risked your life, just like she did. You're the same! Courage, valor, bravery...being able to make what could be the ultimate sacrifice in the name of helping others? Are those NOT the hallmarks of an Amazon? "

"Now...I dont know WHY Alycia zero'ed in on you the way she did. But knowing her as I do, back then, she was Morgan's legal counsel and confidant. She protected Morgan, Karen, Alison and Myself, even BEFORE the Six, from legal threats across the board. When Cameron came around, he WAS a gigantic DICK HEAD, Vivica. There's no denying it. Alycia was doing what she ALWAYS did. Trying to help us...PROTECT US from him. I can only assume that SHE decided since YOU were an extension of him...you must have been as BAD as he was."

Vivica rolled her eyes for a moment.

"Blaze I really DO understand what you are trying to say about Alycia, and I can SEE the parallels here..but she DID go after the WEAK. She DID go after Cameron and WHO was she protecting in that instance? Morgan?! Please. Morgan wasn't 'afraid' of Cameron and she wasn't afraid of what he might do...Morgan hired Alycia in a malicious attempt to get back at Cameron for what HE did...there was no CAUSE other than doing a favor for a friend, a TERRIBLE favor with no qualms about it....and that may be in the past, and Morgan and Cameron have MORE than mended fences since then. You all are concerned with the goings on of each other...of the ongoing legacy of what MysTech has done...but what was FAILED to be realized by EITHER Morgan or Alycia or even SHARON KELLY at that point was they weren't just poised to take out Cameron...they were poised to take away the jobs, benefits and LIVELIHOOD of thousands of people who happen to work for King Enterprises...It was short sighted and petty and THAT'S when my contempt for Aycia began."

[smirking for a moment]

"Funny to look back now, knowing he's now banged two out of the three I just listed. Guess he got the last laugh in that one."

Blaze said:
"It was...a reasonable conclusion to draw, but an UNFAIR one and really, shame on her for not giving you a chance and again...this is one of those situations where, if Cameron had been more involved in integrating you into the Six's PERSONAL world, it might have gone differently."

"Hell... for all we know...YOU could have made all the difference in helping to STOP the Inferno before it started! He wouldn't listen to anyone else, maybe he would've heard you...before it was too late."

The fire elemental said with thoughtfullness as she reached an elevator and went inside.

Vivica's pupils dilated as the memory of the night of The Inferno flashed before her eyes. She couldn't reach Cameron but she KNEW what was happening in the city had something to do with The Six. She spent her time fighting off DEMONS on the STREETS and trying to direct people to safety...find them places to hide. She did however disagree with the root cause of The Inferno. The Six were preoccupied with saving their OWN lives when that went down...they only saw a GLIMPSE of the things that people on the ground floor experienced. People lost their lives, they were torn to SHREDS. There were MANY factors as to why The Inferno transpired and to blame it on two people, Vivica never really felt was fair. She DID however keep those thoughts to herself as the issue still seemed so RAW an FRESH, even though it happened so long ago.

She stepped into the elevator.

Blaze said:
"But at anyrate...the bottom line is, Alycia was obviously in ball buster mode and...like so many OTHERS in this group...she wasn't always as selective with her targets as she shouldve been."

"And yes, I know about the SEC and what she was about to do. Is that any different...any MORE disturbing than the idea of having a team mate who's father BUILT Master Mold? Or having a sister who nearly brought HELL to earth? Viv, nobody on this team has gotten it right all the time and yet...here we are. We're the most interesting and SCAREY people any of us knows. Believe that."

"When it comes to Alycia? It sounds to ME like the TWO OF YOU need to lay THAT to rest and the only way you're going to do it is to confront each other and get it out of yourselves."

"She's not the same woman she was then, Vivica...and clearly you arent either. But you're still HAUNTED by this stuff and I know Alycia...she may be an amazon, but she's one HELL of a grudge holder, just like my sister. So that means SHE'S probably just as pissed off as you are."

"There's alot of pain and unresolved issues here...but there comes a point where you have to take control of this carousel of pain you're on and get off that ride before you waste MORE time going around in circles."

"Like it or not...you're already apart of MY world...The Six's world. It's CAMERON'S world too and when you have THAT kind of connection? It is not easily broken...AND *I* know better than most how important...how LIFE SAVING connections like this can be."

"You're apart of him...and if *I* don't do anything else...I AM going to make SURE that you two recognize and RESPECT that connection because it's just as important as his connection to his sister, his only surviving relative, Alison Marble. "

"You'll start from WITHIN, first and foremost...and then go to Cameron. THEN, if you're the brave, bold woman you want me to believe you are...you'll handle your business with Alycia and then Ava."

Nodding to Vivica in affirmation as they road up the elevator.

Vivica nodded at Blaze's words. She WAS making a lot of sense it was just a lot of things that seemed so ADVERSE to take in all at once. She rested her head on Blaze's shoulder for a moment and let out an almost comical sigh.

"You're probably right...sometimes though I think that Alycia and I just need to beat the SHIT out of each other just ONE good time and then we will be fine!"

She laughed as she took a moment to fix a strand of her hair in the reflection of the steel in the elevator.

"Cameron will be easy..and I think even Ava could care less at this point. To her credit...this WAS before Persephone went through the Siege and merged with Ava Cassadine...and even as Persephone she DID go to Cameron's funeral and pay her respects..."

Blaze said:
"Ultimately, You don't really need Alycia's validation. You WANTED her comradery because you saw a kindred spirit. It's not too late for that. You want to, at least be on level ground with Ava. Well with that, you're just going to have to pay youro dues like anyone else...including the person I'm about to introduce you to once we get off the elevator. Finally and most of all...you NEED and DESERVE RECOGNITION from Cameron and you'll get that. You'll have a helping hand from yours truly!"

Resting one of her well manicured hands on her ample chest.


"I'm going to have a talk with Cameron. You may not want or need a "parade"...but you DO need to be treated with dignity and respect. I know Cameron is not trying to hurt you on purpose...but you know sometimes with men, they just screw EVERYTHING up."

Laughing smugly as she thought of some of Cameron's wackier moments in both this AND her timeline...

"Now, BEFORE I let you go...I have someone I want you to meet!"

"Blaze..I have to say, If anyone would have asked two years ago if I ever thought i'd wind up in bed and having a heart to heart with BLAZE? I would have laughed my ass off and smacked them...but here I am..."

She looked at Blaze for a moment with sincerity. For all the time she had been in the world of The Six, this is the first time any one of them had ever attempted to get to know her on a personal level...and that felt really good. It made her hopeful that at some point in the future she would be able to get her big brother back and be embraced by a group she never felt good enough for. The two stared at each other for a moment before Vivica smirked.

"Alright...let's get out of this elevator before you somehow convince my pants off again."

Blaze said:
The elevator dings and the doors open as they are now on a higher floor, heading to VIP club balcony where Cass was sitting. Vivica would recognize her from the night before, when Blaze pulled HER up on to the catwalk as well before pulling off her "Madonna MTV VMA" nod

"Hey Cassie, sorry I'm late, but it couldn't be helped!"

"I want you to meet someone."

Gesturing to Vivica.

"This, is Vivica Lennox. She's a business woman, art buyer and Cameron's rock. She's also a super, like WE are, so you can speak freely in front of her. Isn't she hot?"

Blaze said without missing a beat.

"Vivica, this is Cassandra Johnson. She's the newest member to our team. She's been having a hard time too...but it might interest you to know that Cameron, of all people, has been VERY instrumental in bringing her properly into the fold."

Blaze looks at Cass.

"I wanted you to meet her because I think she'll help you get a better feel for Cameron...AND because we're going to be seeing alot more of her in general and I think it would help you BOTH to get to know each other."


Eyeing them both for a moment as they looked at her in a rather bewildered way

"And I wanted to see my back up dancers from last night look in the clear light of day!"

Laughing

"Did anybody get the latest TMZ? I wanna see how we look in the shots that I'm sure they took PLENTY of last night!"

Vivica smiled and ribbed Blaze with her elbow.

Cassandra: "She's pretty."

"Not so bad yourself, sugar....Nice to meet you! And Blaze...don't sell me SHORT! I'm not just an Art Buyer...I'm also an Art Dealer and an ARTIST myself!"

She looked at Cassandra: [deadpan] "Women..."

She shooked the dark haired woman's hand. There was something intriguing about the girl. She looked very innocent and sweet but there was body language that indicated she was older than she appeared. A dull pain flexed in the back of Vivica's brain as she massaged her temple. She sat down in her seat, which was across and to the left of Cassandra.

"Time for a download...I need to make room for everything about this Cassandra...it could prove useful later on..."

Without much notice from the others Vivica pressed her finger on her temple, looking as if she was simply trying to relieve some stress and in doing so began to mentally filter information in her head through a chip that had been implanted in her head thanks to a new friend, the same friend that managed to fix Vivica's powers when she returned to the states. This chip allowed her to 'send' her memories to an actual SERVER called 'Echelon' to store until she might need it again. Still, she was able to store about a terabyte of information inside of her before she needed to download, so the downloads were usually infrequent...but with all the conversations and heart to hearts and drama of the last 24 hours...Vivica was a little tense. As soon as the download was complete, she felt clear and relaxed and ready to meet somebody new.

Cassandra said:
“Yes, Cameron told me you were his best friend yesterday. Sorry I didn’t introduce myself last night. A lot of things were going on. I had noticed you, though, and I wanted to say that you looked great last night. That color purple looked amazing on you.”

:: She smiled at the dark beauty. ::

“Please, have a seat.”

:: She took a sip of her margarita, and all of a sudden a server delivered a fresh, new fruit platter along with some plates. Cass picked some pineapple and then some raspberries and took a slice of melon. She looked at Blaze and answered her question about TMZ. ::

“My friend already texted me some pictures and such,”

:: She got her phone and pulled up the pictures Bryan had sent and made a folder of them, excluding the ones of her and Charlotte. Apparently he had just sent more to her. She clicked on a beautiful picture of Vivica and passed the phone to her. ::

“See? That colour of purple looks so good on you!”

Vivica smiled. Well at least THIS member of The Six was starting with compliments. That was a good sign. Vivica took the phone from Cassandra and looked at some of the pictures. She shook her head and laughed before giving Blaze the phone.

"Aww thank you! [turning to Blaze] I like her already."

"I'm sure those are the tame ones! I was LIVING for that dancefloor last night, honey! And so much for exclusive VIP Service! Figures Cameron would still be trying to make money on your big night."

She laughed and took part in the fruit platter, ordering a mimosa when the server next came by.

"It did feel good to get out and dance though...I've been working so many hours on my show and meeting with buyers and things like that...I've hardly had time for anything else! Which reminds me...I'm essentially making my debut at my gallery "Belle Epoque" in about a month or so...It's the first ever public viewing of my work as an artist! The show is called "Femme Fatale" ...it's a little mixed media and acrylic interpretation of infamous women in history transposed against the female rainmakers of today...I'm hoping it does well...but i'd love for the both of you to come! I'll be sure you get the info!"

Her mimosa came as she took a sip and looked Cass up and down.

"So...Cassie, is it? Let me just get all of my questions out the way, now! Tell me a little about yourself. How did you find yourself in cahoots with The Six? How ARE you and Cameron getting along? I hope he isn't giving you any shit...you know...I've known that fool since he was FOURTEEN...If he gives you any trouble, I can give you MORE than enough dirt to shut HIM up!"

Taking a bite of a strawberry.

"Come on now, Cass..spill the beans! Don't be shy!"
 
The Parthenon- Alycia's suite

Cameron said:
I apologize...you DO have a sense for detail and an uncanny ability to read people's body language, but my very nature can allow me to read the emotions behind even the most TRAINED and practiced movements and gestures....Go on...

You know...it was your REFLEX of wanting to play "i'm having the last word" with me those nights at your villa on Pacific Pallisades, when I was helping you plan your Will & the execution of your Estate, that lead us to our FIRST...unexpected...

:: Eyeing Cameron for a moment like a hungry bird of prey as she smirked a bit::

little TRYST!

:: Alycia broke her gaze on Cameron as she took another long drink of her bottled water::

Cameron said:
"Alycia..who among us ISN'T a wolf? Every single one of us walks around this world looking as a human and every SINGLE one of us has the potential to do extraordinarily pervase and depraved things.

Maybe so, but not all of us REVELED in that. Not all of us viewed "extraordinarly perverse & depraved" behavior as a HALLMARK OF CHARM or an ACCEPTABLE display of behavior. That would be where your precious Haleigh DIFFERS from most of us.

:: He wanted to retort? That was fine. He had every reason and RIGHT to. Alycia welcomed the open and honest responses. This went BEYOND her impulses as a ball busting lawer and former ADA, this was about the fact that in order for THEM to BE OKAY, as Cameron hoped they would, THIS conversation needed to happen, right now and it needed to be RESOLVED so that he could go forward with a clear mind and SHE would not let suspicion and resentment build up in her. ::

:: Alycia pulls the chair from the computer desk near by and rolls it over to the foot of the bed, sitting in it and once again, fixing her hazel eyes on Cameron as he began to expand with passion and conviction.::

:: Alycia couldn't help herself as she sat there in her white silk mini robe, crossing her long, smooth legs at the knee.::

Remember that scene in Basic Instinct? When Sharon Stone was sitting in a chair like this, in her white outfit, crossing...

and UNCROSSING

...her legs?

:: She slowly uncrosses her legs, mimicking the move Sharon Stone did in that INFAMOUS scene, watching as Cameron was suitably distracted for a moment, KNOWING he enjoyed "the view" but wanting her to let him finish!::

I'm sorry...I just had to mention that. Right now, I feel kind of like her, as I watch you!

:: She winked at Cameron as she let him continue::

Cameron said:
The way you speak now makes me scared that BECAUSE there is tension between you, that it will lead you more easily down a path of thinking that could be detrimental..to US...And if there is anybody who is more guilty of dissappearing for six months at a time it's ME, so if you were to be mad at anybody on The Six for that..be mad at ME...

You've nothing to fear...from ME. There's no "tension" between US (she & haleigh) because there is no "US". we're NOT friends....not anymore.

:: the playful glint in her eyes faded as she bowed her head for a moment. the bitterness in her heart flared with each beat in that passing moment before she sat up and looked at Cameron once more::

We are colleagues. Her behavior at Melrose Place and even last night told me that's all she wanted...or was capable of handling and so I will take her at her measure.

You DO have a special history with Haleigh. I dont think anyone would deny or challenge that. But it's HISTORY. Not your PRESENT. You two haven't been very close for SOME TIME now.

You needed her THEN out of necessity. In a situation like that!? WHO WOULDN'T find themselves bonding with the only person in a group that was NOT trying to kill them or see them destroyed? As you yourself just said...we ARE human!

But Cameron, that NEED isn't there anymore. Not like THAT. You've come QUITE FAR!

You're a big boy and you know you can ...and WILL have to clean up messes you make, whether personal OR professional. SHE knows that too about herself.

You're always going to have a special place and feeling for her because she was VITAL in your early days of the Six. But at the same time, the two of you ALSO FED off of each other's negativity and inappropriate behavior. As the saying goes..."birds of a feather..."

Are you that same irrascible ASSHOLE you were then? If you were...I wouldn't be in this hotel. I wouldn't have had you in my bed last night. I wouldn't be able to LOOK at you with anticipation each time I see you because I've known...and BROKEN plenty of men like how you once WERE. WERE, Cameron. Not ARE.

The same CAN'T be said about HER.

Cameron said:
Cameron got up from the bed and pulled Alycia closer to him upon her words of Bishop and the aftermath that followed that. He hadn't been there and although one part of him desperately wishes he COULD have been there, feeling as if he COULD have changed things, another part of him was almost...."glad" to have been trapped in the Astral Plane. He sighed heavily as he took a seat in one of the morning chairs beside the bed.

"Alycia..this is the thing about Haleigh..she IS who she is...and she's never been anything but. Out of every single person on this team, she has been the most consistent. Even when we look through and have seen other timelines, you don't see a Haleigh that isn't loyal to this group, whether she died in the process or not. She's enigmatic...and POLARIZING, and BECAUSE she doesn't allow herself to connect to the people around her...it forces THEM to try and figure her out, try to rationalize HER reasoning..it creates a scenario where people attach attributes or characteristics to her that don't necessarily apply, in order to rationalize their feelings about her, or to better "order" her in their world...much of the backlash she receives is because people build her up in their heads and when she doesn't live up to that, they get incredibly let down...

People WANT to be her friend and WANT to be close to her simply for the fact that the feat in and of itself is nearly impossible...Just when you think you've got there...you HAVEN'T...it's infuriating...I KNOW this
.

::Alycia noticeably FLINCHED as Cameron held on to her. If there was one thing an attorney either LOVED or HATED...it was a SOUND rebuttal, and Cameron may have just delivered that right now. Moreover, he could have been talking about JUST HER when it came to why Haleigh is so infuriating! He wasn't there at Melrose Place when she had her bittersweet reunion with the hybrid, HE didn't know exactly what happened and she hadn't told him the details, but he was speaking in a way that was so relevant to what had occurred! And he also unknowingly ECHOED something Delilah had said to her only hours later::

::FLASH!::

Oracle said:
<< Just over 24 hours ago, Melrose Place, courtyard>>

Delilah said:
Alycia stopped - and unlike most every other resident of Melrose Place would have been, she didn't go right to bitchy.

“Haleigh’s been a good friend to me through some bad times…and I just…feel the need to stick up for her. I think we all underestimate her. And also”

She took a gentle step closer to Alycia.

::The PRESENT conversation with Cameron...::

Cameron said:
But I also know...Haleigh has an incredible amount of respect for you..as a human being. As a woman and as an ally to this team...and just because she doesn't react in the way you WANT or EXPECT her to...it doesn't take any of that away. If you plan on moving forward at ALL with her..YOU'VE got to accept her for what she IS and NOT who you THINK she should be...

::FLASH!::

Oracle said:
<< Melrose Place, Courtyard, that same conversation between Delilah and Alycia>>

Alycia said:
:: Alycia gazed upon Delilah for a moment.::

Believe it or not, your defending Haleigh didn't bother or offend me. I REMEMBER you and your defense of Haleigh is right in line with who you are. You felt someone needed help and you did that.

Delilah, you think we UNDERestimate Haleigh?

::Shaking her head to the negative::

I think I OVERestimated her. or maybe I overestimated my so-called friendship with her...

Delilah, I thought Haleigh and I were FRIENDS.

When I saw her today, her reaction, her whole attitude toward me was...

:: Alycia paused for a moment::

Well it was rather HURTFUL to me and suddenly I realized what an idiot I must have been, thinking that we were friends. I may be an amazon, but I have feelings too.


Delilah said:
Delilah knew how easy it was to feel disliked by Haleigh, but also knew that it wasn’t true in this case.

“I do think we underestimate her. She wants to do good – she wants to help us all, whenever we need her. Her methods are….unorthodox. But the good intentions are there. She would die – or kill – for you Alycia. She IS your friend. It’s just, when her back is up, there’s no defusing her. She’s like a bomb going off. But she is a good person – even if SHE thinks she’s not.”

:: Delilah didn't just advocate for Haleigh, she displayed trust and certainty in a FRIEND. She ALSO believed that Haleigh cared for Alycia. Cameron was echoing the things that Delilah had said....THEY should know, right? Did Alycia trust THEM even if she didn't trust Haleigh? Why WAS it so difficult...so PERPLEXING to try to have some kind of relationship with that woman!?::

...someone else on the team said something quite similar to what you just said, just over 24 hours ago.

:: Sigh::

I don't like being made a fool of, Cameron. You know that. It should NOT be trickier than a puzzle, trying to be FRIENDS with someone. It just. should.NOT.

You ask me to ACCEPT her "enigmatic" ways? At what point does SHE accept that REAL relationships require REAL, CONSISTENT behavior and things like RECIPROCITY?!

You don't have to worry about me. I'm not going to DERAIL the team by having some gigantic grudge match/catfight with her. People CAN work together and not necessarily LIKE each other. Look at Ava and myself or Cass and Ava for that matter?

I can be a colleague of her's and enjoy a GREAT working/professional relationship. I will stand beside her in battle and fight to preserve her life just as she did mine without hesitation! But FRIENDSHIP and the GIFT of TRUST goes BEYOND professional courtesy or even team cohesion, Cameron.

All the REST of us have learned how to treat each other PROPERLY and CARE for one another, why can't SHE? and why is YOUR life and progress seemingly HINGED upon HER and what she might say or do?

Perhaps THIS...

:: gesturing between herself and Cameron::

ISN'T such a good idea? Maybe you AREN'T ready for someone who is about PROGRESS, EQUITABLE relationships and RECIPROCITY when it comes to relationships in a way that extends BEYOND the battle field or some situation of conflict?

Cameron said:
All I know is that two years ago, when I was in The Citadel..fighting for my life against MysTech...AND Morgan and Alison...

:: she was not going to be moved by this forever. OF COURSE Haleigh was his only ally at that time. As the saying goes..."game recognize game" and those two were WINNERS at being twisted assholes at that time::

That was as much your fault as it was theirs. On day one, you walked into Illustra, as their guest, being a DICK. You were accustomed to fucking people over back then, you and Haleigh BOTH. You weren't prepared to meet someone...let alone TWO people that could be just as nasty, if not MORESO than you. The fact that MYSTECH was looming over your lives...ALL of our lives, was almost a "minor detail" to the personal battles you were engaged in at that time...

:: Alycia said with the cold, analytical tone of an attorney cross examining a witness...she CAUGHT herself slipping into that mode just now due to her extreme agitation with HALEIGH and her facial expression softened as she stopped, bowed her head and covered her face with her hands for a moment::


Cameron said:
There was ONE person there that looked at me...up and down, and trusted me, and made a DEAL with me. That we would look out for each other...protect each other, be a united front. I wasn't the person I am now, that's for damn sure, but she never JUDGED me for it...and she NEVER stopped being on my side. That person was HALEIGH. No matter WHAT anybody thinks of how we acted back in the day, or what our actions CAUSED...SHE was able to see the good in me and I her...and honestly? There is nothing in this world that anybody can say that will make me think less of her...dissappointed, sure...Hurt? Maybe...but when my house of cards was falling down around me, SHE tried to pick those cards up and put them back together again. She's never spoke ill of me, she's never gone behind my back, she's NEVER intentionally hurt me..out of ANYBODY on this team, she's been my closest ally and partner in crime. Right or wrong, Alycia..Haleigh's been a friend, and NOT just to me. To ALL of them.."

Standing from the chair.

"And in light of the things that happened during The Blue Moon? I think it's important that ALL of us, take a look at the relationships around us and wonder whether or not what happened to Alison, Morgan and Delilah could happen to us..and what those CONSEQUENCES that these little "resentments" or "anger" could LEAD to..I think you owe it to yourself to have a conversation with her as well, Alycia...figure it out..because after all that we just went through, the time for letting things go or letting them FESTER is gone. We can't afford another scenario like this..."

:: She remained silent as she slowly sat back up and uncovered her face. He'd touched a nerve...he was right and yet something STILL felt so WRONG to her. It wasn't JEALOUSY, which is what she suspected HE thought it was the very thing that he and Delilah had spoken on with regard to trying to deal with Haleigh. SHE wanted to know at what point did that STOP!::

One definition of INSANITY is to try the same thing repeatedly, expecting different results. Whatever YOU want...NEED to do with Haleigh, that's YOUR decision. But what you're asking ME? That sounds INSANE to me! Why would I want to do that with her...AGAIN?

You tell me, Cameron, at what point does it become NOT about ME or anyone else, but about HER and HER hand in the way her relationships go? I will NOT kow tow to someone who goes through FARCES of friendship with the same LACK OF THOUGHT as they'd go through a fucking box of KLEENEX! At some point EVERYONE has to take some responsibility for what they do...REGARDLESS of who they are and if more than one person is having the SAME reaction to you? Maybe YOU'RE the one with the problem.

:: She abruptly stood up and walked away, turning her back to Cameron and wrapping her arms around herself as she no longer attempted to hide her contempt. If she was going to be WRONG, FINE. She'd lost battles in the courtroom and boardroom to some truly well played opponents and sometimes they were actually VALID in their position. BUT she was NOT going to be lead out into the deep water only to be left to DROWN in a false hope or some exercise in futility and if that meant closing the door on CAMERON as well? then so be it.::


Cameron said:
He moved over to Alycia and embraced her in a hug.

No.

:: She resisted him and pushed his hands away, keeping her back to him::

:: He was noticeably shaken by her rejecting him like this and could SENSE her distress. But he seemed DETERMINED to proove that he was right about Haleigh and about himself and Alycia. He approaches again, and even though he knows she could subdue him or worse with her physical strength, he takes hold of her and TURNS her to face him, now HOLDING her close to him. She doesnt resist. She doesnt look ANGRY, she looks rather haunted.::

Cameron said:
Cameron was between a rock and a hard place. He REALLY wanted to things to progress and move forward with Alycia and he knew that this required a great amount of honesty, considering how secrets had RUINED relationships in the past for members of The Six...the more honest they were, the more protected they would be...because nobody knew how long this truce between The Sisterhood would last, and he knew that once it ended...Diana would be gunning for them, twisting their thoughts and secrets and revealing them in big and hurtful ways.

While it may not have been the best time to bring everything up after such a nice and passionate evening, Cameron felt there was no time to waste. He needed to talk to Haleigh and he needed to make sure that Alycia was okay with it. He whispered into her ear softly.

"I really care about you, Alycia...and the whole reason I brought it up is because if you are going to be a bigger part of my life, if we are going to move forward..we have to be honest. And honestly? I DO value your opinion, and I DO care how my relationships with ANY of our teammates would effect you. Maybe that's immature, maybe that's giving you less credit than you deserve..but I don't want to hurt you..and I don't want to lose THIS....."

:: Alycia broke her gaze into his eyes, looking away and shutting them tightly for a moment, he gently turned her face back to his::

Cameron said:
He gestured his hands between them in a "you and me" motion with his fingers. He placed one hand on her shoulder and the other into her silk robe and onto her heart, which was beating fast.

"This MEANS something Alycia..."

He placed her hand on his chest, over his heart as well.

"We EFFECT each other...we give each other a CHARGE..and it feels really good..."


Cameron kissed her lips.

:: That was it, wasn't it? They DID give each other one hell of a charge. He stood his ground to her not because he wanted to be an asshole but because it was for something he BELIEVED in. Isn't that a hallmark of passion and conviction? things that SHE appreciated anyway? Both he, Delilah and probably a few of the others expressed belief and certainty in Haleigh...if she couldn't trust Haleigh...could she at least START with trusting THEM on this issue? She decided YES, she could::

:: She wrapped her arms around him, squeezing HIM and holding him close as she returned his kiss.::

Cameron said:
"Are we good?"

Yeah. We're good.

Cameron said:
He took a look at the clock and let out an audible grunt.

"Shit! I'm supposed to meet Delilah for brunch...and I'm late!"

Well you better get your ass in gear!

:: SLAPPING his ass just then.::

I'm sure Delilah is going to have some words for you about how it is the people she was trying to take a hiatus from are now once again right in front of her.


But really? She SHOULD be apart of what's going on for Blaze. WE'RE her family! We might not be blood...but we're HERE...however we can be.

Now...get out of here, you've upset me ENOUGH for one day and I'll be SURE to take it out on you LATER!

:: laughing a bit as she smiles knowingly at Cameron::

And GOOD LUCK, with Haleigh.

:: turning back to look at him as she was heading toward her master bath::

I mean that...

:: and with that, she disrobes as she disappears into her master bath to shower and prepare for her day::

:: Now alone with her thoughts, her mind churned, vacillating between the instinct to simply cut Haleigh OUT of her hurt and regard her as valued colleague and ally, NEVER as a trusted friend, AND that terrible, nagging little "voice" in her head saying that Cameron was right about her at LEAST having a conversation with Haleigh and seeing if in fact what he and Delilah say is TRUE. ::

:: She said she could trust THEM as a starting point, so perhaps talking to Haleigh would be a way to show that she was as serious about this as they were.::
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Parthenon- outdoor balcony cafe

"Was Cameron on the up and up with all of his business practices back then? We both know the answer to that. He used his psi powers in ways that made him back THEN seem more like...MALICE."

That name...it carried such a weight to it. It was worse than saying a "four letter word"...it evoked images of a beautiful yet HORRIBLE woman in white. For Blaze to compare Cameron's old ways to MALICE? that was a rather eye opening moment.

"My sister, Cameron, even Alycia were ALL using bitchcraft...on EACH OTHER. What was crazy and SAD is that this was AFTER the Inferno. It was like...nobody had learned ANYTHING. Cameron and I talked about this and the other things regarding the Six here in this world. it's easy to look down on how the group behaves more often than not...but, as terrible as it sounds...it's just like Madonna said- 'I only hurt the ones I love...'"

She said with a haunted tone as she grew silent for a moment.

"You make a very valid point...many people's lives would have been ruined if Alycia had followed through with her plan to bring the SEC down on Cameron. BUT was HE thinking about any of those same people when he pushed my sister over the edge? I'm not saying my sister was RIGHT for crafting that plan of "revenge" OR that Alycia was right for being willing to help put it in action."

"BUT...had it not been Morgan, Alycia and Sharon, it was GOING to be someone else eventually. Alison SHOWED him his future, across multiple time threads leading to/from him and if he had continued on the path he was on at that time? He would have self destructed."

"At that time...Morgan, Alycia and Sharon may have been the ones MOST LIKELY to destroy him and those who's livelyhoods depended on him, but they certainly weren't his only ENEMIES. He had many of those far and wide in the corporate world and beyond, you know that. SOMEBODY would have come after him, eventually. Bishop wasn't the ONLY baseline human out here who knew the truth about us."

"So again...it comes back to you and Alycia. You can't use Cameron or anything ELSE to justify YOUR ISSUE with her."

"There's no doubt you have a legitimate issue with her, it practically RADIATES from you, but it's not TRULY about what she did to Cameron or how she COULD have INDIRECTLY effected any number of people she never knew... it's about the way SHE minimized YOU and instead of building a bridge with you when he was thought dead, she treated you like POND SCUM. I know that hurt and pissed you off and it's not something easily forgotten or gotten over. I get that."

"But you're not the first in or connected to this group to have a problem with someone ELSE in or connected to it. ANNND you won't be the last."

"But...I gotta tell you...the Blue Moon caper we just went through, the AFTERMATH of which we're STILL going through!?"

"...and the things I saw and survived in my native timeline? If I can help you avoid wasting anymore time or precious energy on being mad at Alycia and instead just taking the situation and DEALING with it by confronting her? Then that's what I want to do."

"I KNOW I don't have to say this to HER, because she's never been afraid to go to someone...friend OR foe."

"She obviously kept her distance from you last night out of courtesy and respect to me and for all the effort Cameron put in to the party and you did the same."

Smiling at Vivica.

"Now it's time to handle your business."

Vivica said:
She stepped into the elevator.

Vivica nodded at Blaze's words. She WAS making a lot of sense it was just a lot of things that seemed so ADVERSE to take in all at once. She rested her head on Blaze's shoulder for a moment and let out an almost comical sigh.

"You're probably right...sometimes though I think that Alycia and I just need to beat the SHIT out of each other just ONE good time and then we will be fine!"

"Maybe...someteimes a good old fashion catfight IS needed. I've been known to have...or even INSTIGATE a few."

Blaze said, surprisngly

Vivica said:
She laughed as she took a moment to fix a strand of her hair in the reflection of the steel in the elevator.

"In MY timeline, Vivica? After the Inferno and some other stuff, I beat Cameron's ass...in a MAJOR way and then he was left with a choice. Get it together, or GET THE HELL OUT [of the Six]. Thankfully, he chose the latter of the two and went on to become [along with me] the HEART of our team...until Mystech cut him down, along with many of our loved ones in their first deadly, US GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED, attacks on The Six and mutants in general..."

Vivica said:
"Cameron will be easy..and I think even Ava could care less at this point. To her credit...this WAS before Persephone went through the Siege and merged with Ava Cassadine...and even as Persephone she DID go to Cameron's funeral and pay her respects..."

"Persephone is LOYAL to her team, her friends and her family, there's no doubt about that. Even though she and Cameron got off to a rocky start...she recognized he was a teammate and that he was valued by her other teammates, some of whom she already had closer ties to. Funny thing...people are so quick to write her off as a bitch...but she's able to demonstrate "how it should be done" sometimes far quicker and easier than others in the group you'd THINK would! "

Vivica said:
Blaze..I have to say, If anyone would have asked two years ago if I ever thought i'd wind up in bed and having a heart to heart with BLAZE? I would have laughed my ass off and smacked them...but here I am...

"How fortunate for BOTH of us, and not in the way you might be thinking I'M thinking..."

She looked at Vivica for a moment with sadness in her eyes

"You were among those lost to us too, in that first wave of attacks, in my timeline. I never knew Vivica in my native timeline."

"Being here has afforded me the luck, the GIFT to see and discover things and people I didn't get to know before. You're one of those people. "

Vivica said:
She looked at Blaze for a moment with sincerity. For all the time she had been in the world of The Six, this is the first time any one of them had ever attempted to get to know her on a personal level...and that felt really good. It made her hopeful that at some point in the future she would be able to get her big brother back and be embraced by a group she never felt good enough for. The two stared at each other for a moment before Vivica smirked.

"Alright...let's get out of this elevator before you somehow convince my pants off again."

"Well...I could do that ANYWHERE, if I just wanted to!"

She laughed with a faux haughty town as Vivica elbowed her

"Ask Cameron...I've frequently copped a feel on him! I'm also told that my counterpart here grabbed and MADE OUT with another member of The Six in Cameron's cliffside villa during a battle and since I've been here...pretty much EVERYONE has gotten a bit more ..."touchy/feely/playful" "

Smirking and laughing softly as she thought about all the little "love taps" she and Nicolas had exchanged, or when she most recently smacked Haleigh's ass and copped a feel on AVA.

Blaze had introduced Cass and Vivica and things got off to a smooth start.

Vivica said:
She laughed and took part in the fruit platter, ordering a mimosa when the server next came by.

Blaze quickly grabbed a mimosa as well from the serving tray as it passed by, smiling to the server with thanks.

Vivica said:
"It did feel good to get out and dance though...I've been working so many hours on my show and meeting with buyers and things like that...I've hardly had time for anything else! Which reminds me...I'm essentially making my debut at my gallery "Belle Epoque" in about a month or so...It's the first ever public viewing of my work as an artist! The show is called "Femme Fatale" ...it's a little mixed media and acrylic interpretation of infamous women in history transposed against the female rainmakers of today...I'm hoping it does well...but i'd love for the both of you to come! I'll be sure you get the info!"

"Whattt? Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss that for the WORLD! I'm hoping my sister will be back by then too, I know she'd enjoy it. So would Sally Spectra! Who, by the way, I have to meet in just a little while today. I'll be sure and mention her to you."



Vivica said:
Her mimosa came as she took a sip and looked Cass up and down.

"So...Cassie, is it? Let me just get all of my questions out the way, now! Tell me a little about yourself. How did you find yourself in cahoots with The Six? How ARE you and Cameron getting along? I hope he isn't giving you any shit...you know...I've known that fool since he was FOURTEEN...If he gives you any trouble, I can give you MORE than enough dirt to shut HIM up!"

Taking a bite of a strawberry.

"Come on now, Cass..spill the beans! Don't be shy!"

Blaze laughed loudly at the thought of a skinny teenage Cameron! What was it that Morgan would always say?

"Oh honey I want a MEAL not a snack!"

"Yeahhh Cassie, what's up with YOU?"

She asked in a playfully knowing tone as she winked at Cass

sat back in her chair and looked on at the pair, smiling. She knew Cass wanted to speak with her privately, and they'd have their moment soon, but for now...this was a moment worth savoring. Another new connection was established, the circle of the Six was growing stronger, just as it should! Cameron and Nicolas were RIGHT! All she had to do was trust them and hang on a bit longer...and things were now falling into place and here she was, helping the team to strengthen its own inner connections in a natural way, just like she did in her own timeline.

This was Cass' chance to show Blaze if she was SINCERE about her promise to Alycia, Cameron and Michael and Vivica was now showing herself to be the friendly, warm and welcoming person she really was.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Parthenon - Alycia's Penthouse

Alycia: Yeah. We're good.

Cameron's eyes lit up for a moment. This was a true testament to just how much had changed between these two over the years. From barely even being able to LOOK at each other, especially when he came back from the dead RIGHT after the death of Sharon Kelly. She couldn't believe or understand why HE'D gotten the chance to return and Sharon didn't.

That was a moment when Cameron finally realized that this gift he had been given of a second chance would not be taken lightly. That was the moment that Cameron finally heeded the warning his sister had given him and set about the path of a better life.

Alycia said:
Well you better get your ass in gear!

:: SLAPPING his ass just then.::

I'm sure Delilah is going to have some words for you about how it is the people she was trying to take a hiatus from are now once again right in front of her.


But really? She SHOULD be apart of what's going on for Blaze. WE'RE her family! We might not be blood...but we're HERE...however we can be.

Now...get out of here, you've upset me ENOUGH for one day and I'll be SURE to take it out on you LATER!

He jumped with a grin and laughed, shaking his head as he began to gather his things.

"Believe me, she said enough last night without actually saying ANYTHING. I got the Delilah DEATH stare...but it's nothing that can't be fixed. She may be acting like a bitch on wheels...but she's not insane..she knows I care and am trying to keep a lot of balls in the air right now.."

[on the subject of Delilah not being present for the events]

"She knows that we are here for her...but we're an OVERWHELMING group of people. She just needs some space."

Putting on his clothes, he gave Alycia another passionate kiss as she teased him about taking her aggression out on him later.

"You've got to stop saying things like that, Alycia...it's only going to make me WANT to piss you off in order to reap the benefits..."

He smirked as he headed towards the front door.

Alycia said:
:: laughing a bit as she smiles knowingly at Cameron::

And GOOD LUCK, with Haleigh.

:: turning back to look at him as she was heading toward her master bath::

I mean that...

:: and with that, she disrobes as she disappears into her master bath to shower and prepare for her day::

He nodded and made his way through the front door closing it behind him. And that was that. Cameron and Alycia had an open and honest conversation about things and hell did not freeze over and the end of the world did not occur. This was something that was not lost on him as he made his way UP to his home on the top floor of The Parthenon and quickly changed his clothes into something business casual as he had a meeting later that day with Blaze.

Cameron made a quick phone call to his staff alerting them to call Delilah's room and take her order, while Cameron made the arrangements for the meal to be delivered to Delilah's penthouse. Grabbing a bouquet of fresh flowers from one of the local boutiques downstairs he made his way back to The Six's private floors, down the hall and knocked on Delilah's door.

She opened it as Cameron had one of the flowers in his hand, as he was slowly picked the petals off one by one.

"She loves me? She loves me NOT? She loves me.....?"

He cracked a grin and gave Delilah a wink, hoping his little gesture would cut the tension and anger she might be feeling. Either it would work, or she would smack him in the face. Either gesture was fine by Cameron.
 
Parthenon- Below ground

Rampage said:
He needed to blow off some steam.

Computer...run Jotunheim. Highest setting.


The room expanded out into a vast, cold wasteland. He could hear the growls in the distance and see the shapes. His axe manifested and his eyes began to glow anew. He started to walk forward slowly, his axe dragging behind him. On his face was a smile.

Come to me. Come to me and PERISH.

Halt.

:: the crystal clear tone of voice was heard as the computer simulation stopped::

:: Dominique had appeared in the danger room and was standing across the way, with her hands on her hips.::

:: After looking around the scene and then at Nicolas, she begins slowly walked further in, moving across the landscape in her black outfit and black high heels. She finally reaches him::

I realize this is your team's "private" area, but I wanted a word with you, Nicolas.

:: She said in her usual regal tone::

And I would prefer a setting a bit less...

:: looking around and gesturing::

...Bizarre than this.

Let's go to the VIP club house and take one of their private outdoor balcony seating areas.
 
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

Vivica Lennox said:
"Not so bad yourself, sugar....Nice to meet you! And Blaze...don't sell me SHORT! I'm not just an Art Buyer...I'm also an Art Dealer and an ARTIST myself!"

She looked at Cassandra: [deadpan] "Women..."

:: She snickered at Vivica’s comment. ::

*curious*: “You’re in the art business? That’s pretty cool. When I was in Europe, I went to many art galleries and museums. I’m inspired by nature, so I mainly gravitated towards the Monets…but other artists captured my attention as well.”

Vivica said:
"Aww thank you! [turning to Blaze] I like her already."

"I'm sure those are the tame ones! I was LIVING for that dancefloor last night, honey! And so much for exclusive VIP Service! Figures Cameron would still be trying to make money on your big night."

:: Cass blushed a bit when Vivica said she liked her. Cass could say the same. She didn’t know what it was, but there was something instantly likable about this new person. ::

“Right back ‘atcha.” *laughing*: “Well, if it’s good publicity for The Parthenon, than that’s all that matters! Of course, this being TMZ, I’m sure there are MORE than enough scandalous pictures where these came from!”

:: She bursts out laughing, tilting her head back as she did so. She was in a good place right now. A REALLY good place. ::

“My friend says there is a ‘story’ on there saying I left the catwalk in a huff because you two were dancing together, WHICH, by the way, was hotter than HOT! Fabulous job you two! Here’s the REAL story: I left because Simon Pratt was by himself, ignored by his so-called fiancee, Ava.”

:: She rolled her eyes. ::

“So I danced with him because not only did I feel bad for him, dancing alone, but also, maybe, to make Miss Cassadine jealous.”

:: She had a wicked glint in her eyes when she said that. ::

Vivica said:
"It did feel good to get out and dance though...I've been working so many hours on my show and meeting with buyers and things like that...I've hardly had time for anything else! Which reminds me...I’m essentially making my debut at my gallery “Belle Epoque” in about a month or so...It’s the first ever public viewing of my work as an artist? The show is called "Femme Fatale" ...it's a little mixed media and acrylic interpretation of infamous women in history transposed against the female rainmakers of today...I'm hoping it does well...but i'd love for the both of you to come! I'll be sure you get the info!"

“That sounds pretty interesting! I’d love to come and check it out. What sort of art do you specialize in, or are you interested in all kinds from all types of genres and mediums?"

:: Cass was genuinely interested. She wasn’t an expert on art but she enjoyed looking at it. Her favourite piece of art would probably be the Sistine Chapel ceiling. Religious connotations aside, she was attracted to it because she found it intriguing that only ONE man had the patience to paint all of that. ::

Vivica said:
"So...Cassie, is it? Let me just get all of my questions out the way, now! Tell me a little about yourself. How did you find yourself in cahoots with The Six? How ARE you and Cameron getting along? I hope he isn't giving you any shit...you know...I've known that fool since he was FOURTEEN...If he gives you any trouble, I can give you MORE than enough dirt to shut HIM up!"

"Come on now, Cass..spill the beans! Don't be shy!"

:: Cass chuckled again. ::

“It’s whatever you feel comfortable with. I usually go by Cass, Cameron calls me CJ or Johnson, others call me Cassie…I’m fine with anything. As for finding myself in cahoots with The Six…wow. Okay. I’ve met them through my business partner, Ella Price. Ella owns THE hottest and ULTRA-exclusive nightclub in Los Angeles called After Dark and I am the manager there. We have a VIP section and The Six members have taken definitely taken advantage of that perk. So that’s how we ‘met’. It wasn’t until Ella went on a business trip awhile ago and I started subletting her apartment in Melrose Place that I reluctantly got involved with them on small adventures here and there.”

:: Cass took a sip of her margarita. It was wonderful how the staff just brings you a new drink and you didn’t even have to ask! :D ::

“I say ‘reluctant’ because I wasn’t the person who is sitting here right now. I had a LOT of baggage, still do, but I’m slowly dealing with it. I was closed off and isolated. I kept to myself and didn’t stand for it if and when Morgan or Ava got in my face about something or other. Sharon and Karen both helped me in small ways, to ‘integrate’ myself, but Alycia, specifically, had a lot to do with me finally getting my shit together. She helped me SO much… “

:: Cass ate some more pineapple. ::

“As for Cameron? Well, he’s interesting. I don’t know what to make of him. Before, he came across as reserved and straight forward towards me. UNinteresting as well.” *chuckles*: “As if he didn’t understand my humour. But then…as I went to visit our “Blazing Hot Victory” one day, he nearly scared the crap out of me when he yanked open the door and BOUNDED out to GRAB me and YANKED me back inside. It was somewhat bewildering, it really was. I thought he was probably on drugs and drunk as well. “

:: Cass chuckled. ::

“But it was okay. He’s okay. We had a really nice talk up here yesterday. It was good. So you don’t have to worry about him. He was a GOOD boy. Of course, I may have upset him with my impromptu dance last night…but oh well!”

:: She smiled at the dark beauty and the red head. Though she felt comfortable with Vivica, she still didn’t know her well enough to share her heart about things. But she knew it was only a matter of time. She really liked her. It would be nice to have another friend in The Six. Though Nicolas already was her friend, and she was well on her way to becoming friends with Cameron…they were both BOYS. :p ::

Blaze said:
"Yeahhh Cassie, what's up with YOU?"

:: Cass bit her lip. She had to tread carefully. She didn’t want to share her heart in front of Vivica, but she also didn’t want to offend her either. So she would just say what happened during the party instead of the AFTER-PARTY. ;) ::

“Okay, Blaze, I made out with a chick and it was surprisingly good! Happy now?"

:: She gave the fire elemental a teasing smile. But that was all she was going to say. She had secrets and they were for her closest friends ONLY. That's not to say VIVICA couldn't become one, but she just met the woman and she didn't feel comfortable with her yet to share. ::
 
Halt.

:: the crystal clear tone of voice was heard as the computer simulation stopped::

:: Dominique had appeared in the danger room and was standing across the way, with her hands on her hips.::

In an instant Nicolas returned to normal and his axe turned back into a stately walking cane. He turned to face Dominique, his eyes questioning why she was here even as he was happy to see her.

:: After looking around the scene and then at Nicolas, she begins slowly walked further in, moving across the landscape in her black outfit and black high heels. She finally reaches him::

I realize this is your team's "private" area, but I wanted a word with you, Nicolas.

:: She said in her usual regal tone::

And I would prefer a setting a bit less...

:: looking around and gesturing::

...Bizarre than this.

Let's go to the VIP club house and take one of their private outdoor balcony seating areas.

Sure thing Auntie. I always have time for you. I think I will skip teleporting so I can SHOW YOU OFF.

Winking at her, Nicolas offers her his arm and they make their way to the VIP Clubhouse. He could tell SOMETHING was on her mind, but he was a patient man. He would simply see what it was when she was ready.

Entering the Club, Nicolas nodded to the host, who led them quickly to one of the exclusive balcony areas, where he seated Dominique and then himself. He nodded to the host.

I will have a white russian and whatever the lady would like to eat or drink.


As the host left to retrieve their items he turned back to Dominique, smiling again.

I want to thank you AGAIN for your selection at Blaze's get-together last night. It provided the perfect exclamation point to what we were trying to accomplish. I am grateful that you decided to help us. Now...what did you need to talk to me about? Is it something with our charity?


Nicolas nodded as the server brought their selections, handing her a one hundred dollar bill as she exited.
 
Pathenon- VIP clubhouse balcony

Cass said:
:: She bursts out laughing, tilting her head back as she did so. She was in a good place right now. A REALLY good place. ::

“My friend says there is a ‘story’ on there saying I left the catwalk in a huff because you two were dancing together, WHICH, by the way, was hotter than HOT! Fabulous job you two! Here’s the REAL story: I left because Simon Pratt was by himself, ignored by his so-called fiancee, Ava.”

:: She rolled her eyes. ::

Blaze lifted her eyebrows with intrigue



Cass said:
“So I danced with him because not only did I feel bad for him, dancing alone, but also, maybe, to make Miss Cassadine jealous.”

:: She had a wicked glint in her eyes when she said that. ::

"Well, WELL."

The fire elemental looked at the psionic succubuss knowingly.

"How very KIND and CHARITABLE of you, to dance with the "vacuum salesman."'

Blaze snickered, she still enjoyed her own unusual "pet name" for Simon, an inside joke that at the moment, only SHE, Ava and Simon were privy to.

"But where he's concerned, you just massaged his already insatiable ego. It enters the room five minutes BEFORE he does..."

Rolling her apple green eyes as she casually takes hold of another freshly prepared passion fruit mimosa on a serving tray the server brought through.

"...which makes ribbing him all the more fun! He's twisted...he can take alot of roasting from jokes. That makes him rather fun, to me!"


"And AVA! I'm sure you caused more than a stir with HER, playing with her BOY TOY!"

She laughed with Cass, playfully shaking a finger at her in a faux chastising way.

"But you know what? That's okay. Sometimes you HAVE to mix things up with Ava and challenge her a bit."

"Simon's no angel by any means...but he managed to attract Ava's attention in a BIG way, so that's intriguing. Still, if he's going to be "playing house" of any sort with OUR Ava, he better know that she's not by herself...we're around and we'll be WATCHING. "

Pausing for a moment...

"No, NOT the way ALISON "watches" people..."

Blaze chortles with laughter. Cass had been around long enough to hear the running gag about how Alison used her "sight" power to literally WATCH other members of the Six having sex, where ever they may be. By now it had become an exagerrated joke, but there WAS some truth to it. Vivica, was looking at Blaze in disbelief, but this was all normal fun for the fire elemental.

Cass said:
“That sounds pretty interesting! I’d love to come and check it out. What sort of art do you specialize in, or are you interested in all kinds from all types of genres and mediums?"

:: Cass was genuinely interested. She wasn’t an expert on art but she enjoyed looking at it. Her favourite piece of art would probably be the Sistine Chapel ceiling. Religious connotations aside, she was attracted to it because she found it intriguing that only ONE man had the patience to paint all of that. ::

Listening as Cass and Vivica talked art for a few moments, Blaze's idea was paying off big time, in the first few minutes alone, Cass had opened up like a flower blooming after a summer storm. She was expressing more of herself and showing more of her interests and passion! This was great! And Vivica seemed to be more at ease now too since she'd opened up to Blaze about the things that were troubling her.

Both women had a ways to go...but making the journey was always better with someone else. Even Blaze knew this. It's one of the reasons why she jumped through that stepping disc to follow Morgan and the others back here!

Cass said:
:: Cass chuckled again. ::

“It’s whatever you feel comfortable with. I usually go by Cass, Cameron calls me CJ or Johnson, others call me Cassie…I’m fine with anything.

"Maybe we should start calling you the Naughty little Sex Kitten! Hmmm?"

Joking with Cass as she batted her eyes at the girl

Cass said:
As for finding myself in cahoots with The Six…wow. Okay. I’ve met them through my business partner, Ella Price. Ella owns THE hottest and ULTRA-exclusive nightclub in Los Angeles called After Dark and I am the manager there. We have a VIP section and The Six members have taken definitely taken advantage of that perk. So that’s how we ‘met’. It wasn’t until Ella went on a business trip awhile ago and I started subletting her apartment in Melrose Place that I reluctantly got involved with them on small adventures here and there.”

:: Cass took a sip of her margarita. It was wonderful how the staff just brings you a new drink and you didn’t even have to ask! :D ::

“I say ‘reluctant’ because I wasn’t the person who is sitting here right now. I had a LOT of baggage, still do, but I’m slowly dealing with it. I was closed off and isolated. I kept to myself and didn’t stand for it if and when Morgan or Ava got in my face about something or other. Sharon and Karen both helped me in small ways, to ‘integrate’ myself, but Alycia, specifically, had a lot to do with me finally getting my shit together. She helped me SO much… “

:: Cass ate some more pineapple. ::

THIS was an unexpected share moment! But one that Blaze savored. Cass even sang Alycia's praises in front of Vivica, not knowing Vivica's deep seated issues with the beautiful Amazon. She hoped it would help water the seed that Blaze had planted earlier during her heart-to-heart with Vivica.

"See, Viv? It's like I told you. There's always bitchcraft going on and nobody smoothly SAILS into the Six. Even *I* won't lie to you and say that. You DO have to pay your dues, as it were...but how HARD or difficult the process is really does depend on YOU. Cass was acting a little too constipated for my tastes earlier on...She's lightened up and opened up ALOT!"

Cass said:
“As for Cameron? Well, he’s interesting. I don’t know what to make of him. Before, he came across as reserved and straight forward towards me. UNinteresting as well.” *chuckles*: “As if he didn’t understand my humour. But then…as I went to visit our “Blazing Hot Victory” one day, he nearly scared the crap out of me when he yanked open the door and BOUNDED out to GRAB me and YANKED me back inside. It was somewhat bewildering, it really was. I thought he was probably on drugs and drunk as well. “

:: Cass chuckled. ::

“But it was okay. He’s okay. We had a really nice talk up here yesterday. It was good. So you don’t have to worry about him. He was a GOOD boy. Of course, I may have upset him with my impromptu dance last night…but oh well!”

:: She smiled at the dark beauty and the red head. Though she felt comfortable with Vivica, she still didn’t know her well enough to share her heart about things. But she knew it was only a matter of time. She really liked her. It would be nice to have another friend in The Six. Though Nicolas already was her friend, and she was well on her way to becoming friends with Cameron…they were both BOYS. :p ::

"Oh...he may well have been drunk!"

Snickering a bit.

"He TRIES to hang with me when it comes to drinking. Will he EVER learn? I will drink EVERYONE in the Six under the table!"

"Yes, our naughty little Cass was taken aback by Cameron. Can you imagine? "

Sticking her tongue out at Vivica and Cass.

"But once she saw how I managed to make him my play-thing often? I think that helped her loosen up."

"Karen and Sharon are , of course, mother figures to most of the Six. Karen is the MATRIARCH of the Six. That's felt and understood by all of us, including Cass. Cam is more like a "big brother" to Cass- he can be snobby at times, overbearing at others...but he cares for her in a genuine way and there are times where he's quite playfull with her, if only to try to get her to loosen up. He's taken an active role in helping her to become more integrated in the group. Moreso than anyone expected he would. Part of that extends from his being a founding member of the Six. He really showed us all just how far he'd come when he help lead the group of us defending Minerva's Mansion during the Blue Moon caper. He's at a place now where he realizes that "seniority" is more than just a title, it carries weight & responsibility. He wants Cass to avoid many of the pitfalls all of us had before in this group because he's learned from his mistakes and he's seen how costly those mistakes can be for all of us."

"But if anybody ELSE was to try to harm Cass? You can bet Cameron and Nicolas would be right there to rip them apart, not that the REST of us wouldn't pile on."

Winking at Cass with assurance.


Cass said:
:: Cass bit her lip. She had to tread carefully. She didn’t want to share her heart in front of Vivica, but she also didn’t want to offend her either. So she would just say what happened during the party instead of the AFTER-PARTY. ;) ::

“Okay, Blaze, I made out with a chick and it was surprisingly good! Happy now?"

:: She gave the fire elemental a teasing smile. But that was all she was going to say. She had secrets and they were for her closest friends ONLY. That's not to say VIVICA couldn't become one, but she just met the woman and she didn't feel comfortable with her yet to share. ::

Blaze sat up straight and feigned a look of utter dismay.

"....Cassie!?"

"Why you mischievious little HOOKER!?"

She smiled and again, squeezing Cass' thigh a bit as she laughed, knowing she had Cass worried there for a second but it was just a joke.

"I'm so excited for you! Do we need to have a "sex talk" before you go any further??"

Now laughing loudly as she leaned back and stretched

"But seriously, good for you! You're finally loosening up and LIVING life instead of just watching it or reacting to it!"
 
Parthenon-VIP Club house balcony

Rampage said:
Sure thing Auntie. I always have time for you. I think I will skip teleporting so I can SHOW YOU OFF.

Winking at her, Nicolas offers her his arm and they make their way to the VIP Clubhouse. He could tell SOMETHING was on her mind, but he was a patient man. He would simply see what it was when she was ready.

Entering the Club, Nicolas nodded to the host, who led them quickly to one of the exclusive balcony areas, where he seated Dominique

Thank you.

Nicolas said:
and then himself. He nodded to the host.

I will have a white russian and whatever the lady would like to eat or drink.

Hot lemon tea, please.

:: Outside of an occassional indulgence of Hemlock, the chanteuse rarely any sort of alcohol. She was quite disciplined in taking care of her voice::



Nicolas said:
As the host left to retrieve their items he turned back to Dominique, smiling again.

I want to thank you AGAIN for your selection at Blaze's get-together last night. It provided the perfect exclamation point to what we were trying to accomplish. I am grateful that you decided to help us. Now...what did you need to talk to me about? Is it something with our charity?


Nicolas nodded as the server brought their selections, handing her a one hundred dollar bill as she exited.

Speaking of Blaze... appears we are not the only ones who enjoy the privacy and ambience of this Clubhouse...

::Dominique said with a nod toward a group of young women- Blaze Victory, Cassandra Johnson and Vivica Lennox. They were sitting together several platforms away from where Nicolas and Dominique were on the outside balconies.::

And last night was my pleasure, Nicolas.

It was actually rather enjoyable for me. Though I'm not exactly sure why. I am never terribly thrilled about being around too many of your companions at once. Still, Blaze Victory is a woman with true passion and feeling. I've never felt ill-at-ease around her.

::Taking a sip of her tea, Dominique relaxed a bit::

Nicolas, I have had some things on my mind lately.

I am at a far different place now...than I was over a year ago and with the changes I have gone through, I find that certain things...no longer seem to fit me or serve my interests.

:: Pausing as she took a longer drink of the well made, hot lemon tea::

My life is my own...I live it my way and I do as I please. I think you know that by now.

BUT, as your guardian...I owe you the courtesy of this private conversation.

I am on the cusp of a major change that will come from a decision I've been pondering for a while now.

::she said this in a rather thoughtful tone as she took another drink and then looked directly at Nicolas::

If that happens...there's a possibility that I could be faced with danger.

I'm not telling you this because I'm fearful.

I simply need to inform you, as I am charged with the task of ensuring Set never reaches this world through you.

It is important for you to understand that if something DOES happen to me, you need look in only one direction for answers...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas looked over and smiled as she pointed out the ladies hanging out together. They were beautiful and looked happy as they interacted.

Dominique actually had fun the night before, a thought that made Nicolas beam as he listened to her. But as she continued, his smile froze, then faded as he listened to her cryptically speak of decisions and perhaps danger.

I am on the cusp of a major change that will come from a decision I've been pondering for a while now.

::she said this in a rather thoughtful tone as she took another drink and then looked directly at Nicolas::

If that happens...there's a possibility that I could be faced with danger.

I'm not telling you this because I'm fearful.

I simply need to inform you, as I am charged with the task of ensuring Set never reaches this world through you.

It is important for you to understand that if something DOES happen to me, you need look in only one direction for answers...

Nicolas knew what she meant, or COULD mean. Diana was not one to be crossed easily, and he had been thinking more than once about Blaze what meant when she said she got an impression after touching Dominique's hand last night. He now reached out and did the same, taking her hand.

I support you in doing what you must, what you feel is right. This has long been the case and should someone decide to make the mistake of bothering you, I will do much more than look at things...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Parthenon - VIP Clubhouse

Cassandra said:
:: She snickered at Vivica’s comment. ::

*curious*: “You’re in the art business? That’s pretty cool. When I was in Europe, I went to many art galleries and museums. I’m inspired by nature, so I mainly gravitated towards the Monets…but other artists captured my attention as well.”

"I always love to meet other fans of art...with the way society moves today it almost seems as going to a gallery, sitting with yourself and taking in every aspect of an art piece is person is a DYING artform..."

Cassandra said:
:: Cass blushed a bit when Vivica said she liked her. Cass could say the same. She didn’t know what it was, but there was something instantly likable about this new person. ::

“Right back ‘atcha.” *laughing*: “Well, if it’s good publicity for The Parthenon, than that’s all that matters! Of course, this being TMZ, I’m sure there are MORE than enough scandalous pictures where these came from!”

:: She bursts out laughing, tilting her head back as she did so. She was in a good place right now. A REALLY good place. ::

“My friend says there is a ‘story’ on there saying I left the catwalk in a huff because you two were dancing together, WHICH, by the way, was hotter than HOT! Fabulous job you two! Here’s the REAL story: I left because Simon Pratt was by himself, ignored by his so-called fiancee, Ava.”

:: She rolled her eyes. ::

“So I danced with him because not only did I feel bad for him, dancing alone, but also, maybe, to make Miss Cassadine jealous.”

:: She had a wicked glint in her eyes when she said that. ::

Vivica laughed a little bit as she covered her hand with her mouth for a second and looked at Blaze.

"Well...you certainly win points with ME on that one, girl!"

Firebird said:
"Well, WELL."

The fire elemental looked at the psionic succubuss knowingly.

"How very KIND and CHARITABLE of you, to dance with the "vacuum salesman."'

Blaze snickered, she still enjoyed her own unusual "pet name" for Simon, an inside joke that at the moment, only SHE, Ava and Simon were privy to.

"But where he's concerned, you just massaged his already insatiable ego. It enters the room five minutes BEFORE he does..."

Rolling her apple green eyes as she casually takes hold of another freshly prepared passion fruit mimosa on a serving tray the server brought through.

"...which makes ribbing him all the more fun! He's twisted...he can take alot of roasting from jokes. That makes him rather fun, to me!"


"And AVA! I'm sure you caused more than a stir with HER, playing with her BOY TOY!"

She laughed with Cass, playfully shaking a finger at her in a faux chastising way.

"But you know what? That's okay. Sometimes you HAVE to mix things up with Ava and challenge her a bit."

"Simon's no angel by any means...but he managed to attract Ava's attention in a BIG way, so that's intriguing. Still, if he's going to be "playing house" of any sort with OUR Ava, he better know that she's not by herself...we're around and we'll be WATCHING. "

Pausing for a moment...

"No, NOT the way ALISON "watches" people..."

Blaze chortles with laughter. Cass had been around long enough to hear the running gag about how Alison used her "sight" power to literally WATCH other members of the Six having sex, where ever they may be. By now it had become an exagerrated joke, but there WAS some truth to it. Vivica, was looking at Blaze in disbelief, but this was all normal fun for the fire elemental.

She took a long and delicious sip of her mimosa as she nibbled on the various fruits, taking a moment to enjoy the view. The VIP Clubhouse was most DEFINITELY a great addition to The Parthenon. It offered extreme exclusivity, a high rise outdoor seating area..Cameron had done good with this one.

"Now, NOW...Simon Pratt used to work for me years ago at King Enterprises...for as cocky and arrogant as that man can be...there is something endearing and likeable about him. In fact...I had a few drinks with him last night before the event. He is one of the only people from that 'place' who came to me and said how bad he felt about how the PRESS treated me during that time...He's cocky for sure. But he really does have a good heart...which if you've ever met or HEARD of his parents?! Well, that's a feat in and of itself. His family rivals that of The Cassadines...except RICHER and farther reaching..."

[at Blaze's last comment]

"I always KNEW that Alison was kinky...Well, I hope you guys have given her some SPECTACULAR shows over the years! Cheers!"

She clinked her glass with Blaze as she downed the rest of the flute. She didn't have much going on today and she was having a good time. Thankfully her apartment wasn't too far away and at the very least she could stumble home easily.

Cassandra said:
“That sounds pretty interesting! I’d love to come and check it out. What sort of art do you specialize in, or are you interested in all kinds from all types of genres and mediums?"

:: Cass was genuinely interested. She wasn’t an expert on art but she enjoyed looking at it. Her favourite piece of art would probably be the Sistine Chapel ceiling. Religious connotations aside, she was attracted to it because she found it intriguing that only ONE man had the patience to paint all of that. ::

Blaze said:
"Whattt? Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss that for the WORLD! I'm hoping my sister will be back by then too, I know she'd enjoy it. So would Sally Spectra! Who, by the way, I have to meet in just a little while today. I'll be sure and mention her to you."

Vivica almost blushed for a moment. She was definitely excited to show her art to the world. The gallery was a business and Vivica had MORE than proved herself in the business world. But THIS? This was like baring her soul for the world to see...it scared the hell out of her and thrilled her all at the same time.

"I've always been a mixed media type of girl...though some of my favorite art comes from the very name of my gallery...Belle Epoque or 'The Beautiful Era' was a period of French and Belgium history. It started in the 1870's and went all the way through to the start of World War I in 1914...It was just a really peaceful and beautiful time...and a lot of artists like Matisse & Rousseau...even your friend 'Monet'. Much of this was the Impressionist period...and the birth of Art Noveau..it was an evolving time where things flourished....and when I came back to the states after my absence and bought the gallery space...I thought it was a beautiful name for the gallery..."

[taking a bite of melon]

"And of course, i'd love to have both of you there...Nicolas has already been a customer of my gallery, and put several of the pieces in Spectra Couture headquarters! Of course, he's already counting the chickens before they hatch and trying to set me up to be some kind of huge MOGUL or something...but his heart is in the right place and he has definitely been one of the more welcoming members of this team since i've returned...but don't forget...this dream is MINE...and i'll do with it as I see fit. I've been in the highpowered world of business nearly my entire professional life...I think there is something to be said for working less, living more and producing QUALITY work on a schedule that works for you."

Cassandra said:
:: Cass chuckled again. ::

“It’s whatever you feel comfortable with. I usually go by Cass, Cameron calls me CJ or Johnson, others call me Cassie…I’m fine with anything. As for finding myself in cahoots with The Six…wow. Okay. I’ve met them through my business partner, Ella Price. Ella owns THE hottest and ULTRA-exclusive nightclub in Los Angeles called After Dark and I am the manager there. We have a VIP section and The Six members have taken definitely taken advantage of that perk. So that’s how we ‘met’. It wasn’t until Ella went on a business trip awhile ago and I started subletting her apartment in Melrose Place that I reluctantly got involved with them on small adventures here and there.”

:: Cass took a sip of her margarita. It was wonderful how the staff just brings you a new drink and you didn’t even have to ask! ::

“I say ‘reluctant’ because I wasn’t the person who is sitting here right now. I had a LOT of baggage, still do, but I’m slowly dealing with it. I was closed off and isolated. I kept to myself and didn’t stand for it if and when Morgan or Ava got in my face about something or other. Sharon and Karen both helped me in small ways, to ‘integrate’ myself, but Alycia, specifically, had a lot to do with me finally getting my shit together. She helped me SO much… “

:: Cass ate some more pineapple. ::

"Wow, Cass..you must have DEFINITELY not known you were walking to a hornet's nest like THAT! And on the topic of integrating yourself with The Six...trust me, I DEFINITELY understand how hard that can be. I didn't always act in the best way...up and down, emotional...all OVER the place..but soon you learn...sometimes through the help of a friend or two [looking at Blaze] that as soon as you are HONEST with how you feel..and start living AUTHENTICALLY...everything starts to fall into place..."

[on the topic of Alycia]

"And it's good for me to hear that Alycia has been of help to you. It lets me know that being an insufferale bitch isn't always her natural state..."

She LAUGHED hardly and looked at Blaze who cocked her head to the side.

"Hey...I may be trying to come to a new understanding with her, but i'm not there YET!" ;)

Blaze said:
THIS was an unexpected share moment! But one that Blaze savored. Cass even sang Alycia's praises in front of Vivica, not knowing Vivica's deep seated issues with the beautiful Amazon. She hoped it would help water the seed that Blaze had planted earlier during her heart-to-heart with Vivica.

"See, Viv? It's like I told you. There's always bitchcraft going on and nobody smoothly SAILS into the Six. Even *I* won't lie to you and say that. You DO have to pay your dues, as it were...but how HARD or difficult the process is really does depend on YOU. Cass was acting a little too constipated for my tastes earlier on...She's lightened up and opened up ALOT!"

Vivica thought of her new life and EVERYTHING that encompassed...things The Six were not yet aware of. She HAD found her place in things for the most part, but she DID understand that fixing her relationships with The Six would only BENEFIT her new path and bring a greater understanding.

"Well, Cass...nobody understands feeling like an outsider with this group better than ME. If you ever need to talk or just grab a drink and bitch about everybody when you're in the city, you let me know! But I WILL say...that this group of people...as WHACKED out as they might be...are a good group of people to surround yourself with....so REMEMBER that..because it won't always be fun like this...it won't aways be bright lights and champagne brunches...There will be LOSS and SUFFERING and BLOOD spilled...and in THOSE moments...THAT is when you think of times like these...of WHAT you're fighting for..."

Cassandra said:
“As for Cameron? Well, he’s interesting. I don’t know what to make of him. Before, he came across as reserved and straight forward towards me. UNinteresting as well.” *chuckles*: “As if he didn’t understand my humour. But then…as I went to visit our “Blazing Hot Victory” one day, he nearly scared the crap out of me when he yanked open the door and BOUNDED out to GRAB me and YANKED me back inside. It was somewhat bewildering, it really was. I thought he was probably on drugs and drunk as well. “

:: Cass chuckled. ::

“But it was okay. He’s okay. We had a really nice talk up here yesterday. It was good. So you don’t have to worry about him. He was a GOOD boy. Of course, I may have upset him with my impromptu dance last night…but oh well!”

:: She smiled at the dark beauty and the red head. Though she felt comfortable with Vivica, she still didn’t know her well enough to share her heart about things. But she knew it was only a matter of time. She really liked her. It would be nice to have another friend in The Six. Though Nicolas already was her friend, and she was well on her way to becoming friends with Cameron…they were both BOYS. ::

She rolled her eyes for a moment upon thinking of her best friend.

"Cameron DEFINITELY only makes good impressions when it comes to board meetings and press conferences...in his personal LIFE?! He's a HOT mess...but nobody knows that man's heart quite like *I* do. He's one of the best guys there is..and looking at him NOW? I don't think i've seen somebody as GENUINE as he has been in a LONG time..."

Blaze said:
"Oh...he may well have been drunk!"

Snickering a bit.

"He TRIES to hang with me when it comes to drinking. Will he EVER learn? I will drink EVERYONE in the Six under the table!"

"Yes, our naughty little Cass was taken aback by Cameron. Can you imagine? "

Sticking her tongue out at Vivica and Cass.

"But once she saw how I managed to make him my play-thing often? I think that helped her loosen up."

"Karen and Sharon are , of course, mother figures to most of the Six. Karen is the MATRIARCH of the Six. That's felt and understood by all of us, including Cass. Cam is more like a "big brother" to Cass- he can be snobby at times, overbearing at others...but he cares for her in a genuine way and there are times where he's quite playfull with her, if only to try to get her to loosen up. He's taken an active role in helping her to become more integrated in the group. Moreso than anyone expected he would. Part of that extends from his being a founding member of the Six. He really showed us all just how far he'd come when he help lead the group of us defending Minerva's Mansion during the Blue Moon caper. He's at a place now where he realizes that "seniority" is more than just a title, it carries weight & responsibility. He wants Cass to avoid many of the pitfalls all of us had before in this group because he's learned from his mistakes and he's seen how costly those mistakes can be for all of us."

"But if anybody ELSE was to try to harm Cass? You can bet Cameron and Nicolas would be right there to rip them apart, not that the REST of us wouldn't pile on."

Winking at Cass with assurance

"I just NEVER thought i'd see the day where Cameron KING of all people would step up and take a LEADERSHIP role with this team. The way that boy has managed to survive what he HAS shows how much heart he has...and if there is ANYBODY that YOU Cass can learn from in the way of NOT making mistakes?! It's CAMERON...because he's made just about ALL of them..."

A waiter brought her by another glass of champagne as she nodded, taking note to notice over her shoulder that Nicolas was in the VIP Clubhouse with the woman who performed last night. She knew that it was Dominique Devereaux of The Parthenon and that she was Nicolas' uncle. She DEFINITELY wasn't human, but then again...neither was Nicolas entirely. She made sure to keep an eye on the tone of their conversation and the body language they were giving off as she turned back to the girls.

Cassandra said:
:: Cass bit her lip. She had to tread carefully. She didn’t want to share her heart in front of Vivica, but she also didn’t want to offend her either. So she would just say what happened during the party instead of the AFTER-PARTY. ::

“Okay, Blaze, I made out with a chick and it was surprisingly good! Happy now?"

:: She gave the fire elemental a teasing smile. But that was all she was going to say. She had secrets and they were for her closest friends ONLY. That's not to say VIVICA couldn't become one, but she just met the woman and she didn't feel comfortable with her yet to share. ::

Vivica LAUGHED incredibly loud and hard for a few moments before looking at Blaze with a mischevious scowl and scrunched up face.

Blaze said:
Blaze sat up straight and feigned a look of utter dismay.

"....Cassie!?"

"Why you mischievious little HOOKER!?"

She smiled and again, squeezing Cass' thigh a bit as she laughed, knowing she had Cass worried there for a second but it was just a joke.

"I'm so excited for you! Do we need to have a "sex talk" before you go any further??"

Now laughing loudly as she leaned back and stretched

"But seriously, good for you! You're finally loosening up and LIVING life instead of just watching it or reacting to it!"

"Seriously, Blaze! What do you DO to women? Is it your plan to TURN the whole island of Manhattan?"

She turned and looked at Cassandra.

"And don't be shy girl...you aren't the first to ever take a dip in the lady pond and you most CERTAINLY won't be the last. It's 2014! Who the hell CARES anymore?! I say more power to YOU! Just don't start wearing flannel and listening to KD Lang on us...I for one prefer my women a little more feminine and flirty!"

She gave Blaze a flirty wink and blew her an air kiss.

"Well! These mimosas seem to be just dissappearing from right in front of me! What is a girl to do?!"
 
Delilah's Suite, The Parthenon 94th Floor

A shower had woken Delilah up somewhat, as had clean – and new – clothes. She was giving herself a last once-over in the mirror when the phone rang. If it was Andrew she was hanging up.

But surprise surprise, Cameron seemingly hadn’t forgotten their plans. Though chances were that room service would arrive with a note and flowers saying he couldn’t make it. Typical Cameron.

But not long after there was a knock at the door. Delilah took her time in opening it, raising an eyebrow at Cameron on her doorstep (with flowers) trying to be charming.

Cameron said:
"She loves me? She loves me NOT? She loves me.....?"

“Don’t you wink at me – I’m not your flavor of the month. You’re lucky I’m hungry, King.”

She turned sideways in the doorway and motioned for him to enter.

“Now, let me get this straight. If I go to Tahiti, will all of the Six show up there unannounced too?”
 
Parthenon - Delilah's Penthouse

Delilah: "Don't you wink at me - I'm not your flavor of the month. You're lucky I'm hungry, King."

Cameron smirked at Delilah, giving her a kiss on the cheek as she turned sideways and motioned for him to step inside.

"Good Morning to you too, Sweetums!"

He walked through the living room in and into the expansive kitchen, grabbing an empty vase from kitchen counter, filled it with water and placed the bouquet delicately into the vase, arranging it before placing it on the center island behind the gas cooktop.

Delilah: “Now, let me get this straight. If I go to Tahiti, will all of the Six show up there unannounced too?”

Boy, she was on one this morning! Cameron took a seat at the breakfast nook and crossed one leg onto his knee.

"Ooh! Tahiti! That sounds beautiful! That sounds like the PERFECT location for the Annual Six Family Trip...though Nicolas HAS been begging us to take him to Disneyland, so who knows?!"

His sardonic point was made.

"The Parthenon serves as a home base for The Six, Delilah. Be it tomorrow, the next day or a few weeks from now, you WOULD have run into somebody. Plus the plan was for you to stay in Los Angeles...I arranged this event BEFORE you decided to leave without telling anybody but Alycia...So SUE me...

Cameron rested his elbow on the table with his head propped up in his hand. It was so surreal to see Delilah like this. Normally, by now she would have made fun of him for one his sexual exploits, he would have made some kind of joke about her morning after hair and they would be laughing it up and eating food. But here they were.

"You told me to stop worrying about you...and then you get mad when life moves on around you. So what it is? You want me to worry and try to protect you or do you want me to just leave you alone? Because i'm kind of just to the point where I feel like you need to tell me exactly HOW to act around you...what I can and CANNOT say or do, and i'll act accordingly...because THIS [gesturing his hands between the two of them] isn't cute...and I don't LIKE it.."

He sighed for a moment. Cameron wasn't trying to start a fight with Delilah so much as he was trying to let her know that he was getting frustrated because he felt like he couldn't do anything right when it came to her at the moment. She wanted to be left alone she wanted him to stop worrying...yet she still wanted him to look out for her. It was confusing...

"Our brunch will be up in a few minutes...I just had the kitchen staff look through your order history and whip up whatever you ordered the most for breakfast when you were staying here last..."


A devilish smile curled up in his lips...

"And if you're done with being pissed off, I'd much RATHER hear about that hot little boy I saw last night...because I saw him at Envy last night...and after you dissappeared...he seemed to be gone as well..."
 
Karma
Karma
now...who said anything about The Parthenon become The Six's "home base" :p This aint Illustra! :p
Parthenon: Penthouse 9401

Nicolas: I have taken...enough of your time. It is good to see you Haleigh. Should the other Nicholas choose again to detain you in his employ for this long, I should warn you that I will be forced to come for you. See you later.

Haleigh: Good to see you too. Don't worry about Nick Fury. If he calls again, I'll send him an operative from my company instead of going to help SHIELD myself. See ya.

Zach stood up and shook Nicolas's hand, then walked him to the door. His assistant was coming down the hall, holding up a couple of garment bags. Zach waited for him and held the door open.

"Thanks, set them there. Haleigh, I had some clothes brought over for you. Were you still planning on coming in for the monthly board meeting?"

Haleigh: Yes. Oh, hey John. Thanks for this, let's see what you brought. Yes, this will be fine.

Haleigh slipped out of her robe, and Zach's assistant immediately averted his gaze to his shoes as Haleigh changed, making small talk about his wife. Zach began changing his clothes as well, pulling on a pair of navy blue slacks, a belt, and a white tank-top style undershirt. He took out his cell phone. He brought up Delilah's contact info, then composed a text message.

To Delilah>> Hey Delilah, it's Zach.

Just in case she didn't have his number saved.

To Delilah>> I heard you were going through something difficult. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you. If you need me to listen.... or lighten your load, emotionally...... or just leave you alone, lol.

He finished getting dressed, and asked his assistant about his agenda for the day. The meeting at Clandestine's headquarters, some stuff at the U.N., paperwork his assistant had done that needed his signatures. He added to the list.

"Also remind me to follow up with my contacts in the NYPD."

He dismissed his assistant and headed into the bathroom, where Haleigh was applying her mascara. She moved over so he could wash his face, trim his goatee, and brush his teeth. Haleigh finished up, then stood and checked her hair.

Haleigh: You ready?

"Yeah, I just have to put on my shirt."

Haleigh: I'll knot your tie.

"The blue paisley one, please."

He came out of the bathroom and she handed him a crisply pressed, well fitting baby blue Oxford shirt. He pulled it on and buttoned it, then tucked it in as Haleigh put the tie's loop over his head and then tightened it. He thanked her and flipped his collar down, grabbed his jacket, keys, wallet and phone, then followed her jump to Clandestine.
 
VIP Clubhouse balcony

Rampage said:
Nicolas knew what she meant, or COULD mean. Diana was not one to be crossed easily, and he had been thinking more than once about Blaze what meant when she said she got an impression after touching Dominique's hand last night. He now reached out and did the same, taking her hand.


I support you in doing what you must, what you feel is right. This has long been the case and should someone decide to make the mistake of bothering you, I will do much more than look at things...

:: Taking another drink of her tea as Nicolas responded, Dominique nodded slowly::

Nothing has been decided yet, and thus far I've only confided in you that I'm even pondering this.

:: She would not openly confirm if it was about the Hellfire Club and Sisterhood just now, but her nephew seemed perceptive enough to suspect it::

The more time that passes...the more I feel that it may be time for me to move on.

I will continue to think on it and once I know for certain...I will take action accordingly.


I appreciate your concern, but I am NOT afraid of what may come my way. I will face whatever comes, head on, as I always do. But as your guardian, it is important for you to at least be aware of the possibility...

:: She stopped there. Whatever was going to happen, she would deal with it as she did any other task or challenge that came her way. But to know that Nicolas would be on hand for back up, IF NEEDED...that was all she wanted to be certain of. She had heeded his call for help during the Blue Moon and now she knew he would return the favor.

Taking another drink and then softening her facial expression as she looked upon Nicolas, changing the subject.::

You've been here for several days now with your companions. Are you all considering a return to the east coast?

:: Glancing beyond Nicolas for a moment, she looks at Blaze, Vivica and Cass, who are seated several platforms away. She notices that Vivica was looking toward THEM::

That girl with the others...she was at the party for Blaze last night. Just WHO is she?
 
Delilah's Suite, the Parthenon 94th Floor

Cameron said:
"Ooh! Tahiti! That sounds beautiful! That sounds like the PERFECT location for the Annual Six Family Trip...though Nicolas HAS been begging us to take him to Disneyland, so who knows?!"

Delilah made a noise half way between a laugh and a grunt.

“Good – leave him on top of Space Mountain, will you?”

She was definitely going to need alcohol for THIS brunch.

Cameron said:
"The Parthenon serves as a home base for The Six, Delilah. Be it tomorrow, the next day or a few weeks from now, you WOULD have run into somebody. Plus the plan was for you to stay in Los Angeles...I arranged this event BEFORE you decided to leave without telling anybody but Alycia...So SUE me...

Delilah scoffed.

“Since WHEN is the Parthenon the home base of the Six? Last I heard, that was Melrose Place. Just cause you want to lord it over Morgan Victoria that YOU live on a higher floor than her…”

Cameron said:
"You told me to stop worrying about you...and then you get mad when life moves on around you. So what it is? You want me to worry and try to protect you or do you want me to just leave you alone? Because i'm kind of just to the point where I feel like you need to tell me exactly HOW to act around you...what I can and CANNOT say or do, and i'll act accordingly...because THIS [gesturing his hands between the two of them] isn't cute...and I don't LIKE it.."

“Hey, no one’s forcing you to be here. I don’t give a shit what you LIKE – I don’t work for you Cameron, I don’t bow down to nobody. NOBODY.”

She pulled a bottle of whiskey out of a cupboard and poured three fingers into a rocks glass, then drank deeply before turning back towards Cameron.

“Don’t you sit there and pretend you didn’t see me yesterday and forget to mention that every person in this country and PLANE OF EXISTENCE I am trying to avoid just happens to be in this hotel. STOP KEEPING THINGS FROM ME CAMERON.”

She stopped and downed what remained in the glass. She fidgeted with the glass for a moment, then threw it against the wall of the kitchen, SHATTERING it.

She closed her eyes, calming herself. When they opened, she turned to look Cameron in the eyes. This time her voice was more composed.

“I don’t need you to protect me, Cam. I need you to stop treating me like a child. A child who can’t be trusted that you make sit in the corner, seen and not heard.”

After a moment of silence she smiled.

“So, did you order champagne with that brunch? I think I need another drink.”

Cameron said:
"And if you're done with being pissed off, I'd much RATHER hear about that hot little boy I saw last night...because I saw him at Envy last night...and after you disappeared...he seemed to be gone as well..."

“Yeah…he’s…uh...athletic…”

Her phone chirped on the counter next to her, and she looked at the incoming text message. Her eyebrows raised in surprise.

“Ho-lee shit. I just got a text message from your BFF Zachary Armani. Come on, Cam, pour us a couple drinks and let’s see who can come up with the rudest reply.”
 
VIP Clubhouse - Patio

Vivica said:
"I always love to meet other fans of art...with the way society moves today it almost seems as going to a gallery, sitting with yourself and taking in every aspect of an art piece is person is a DYING artform..."

“Definitely. I get you on THAT point. I wouldn’t consider myself a ‘fan’ per se, but I do enjoy looking at art and getting lost in some paintings…”

:: The talk moved on to last night’s dancing. Cass told them why she left and why she danced with Simon. ::

Vivica said:
"Well...you certainly win points with ME on that one, girl!"

*wickedly*: “I know, right? I thought it was terrible how she was treating him and decided to, oh, I don’t know, dance with him to get her focus back on track.”

:: She paused for a moment to take a sip of her drink. ::

“However, once he got Ava’s attention, he was a COMPLETE asshole. Not that I was interested in him, but still.”

Blaze said:
"Well, WELL."

The fire elemental looked at the psionic succubuss knowingly.

"How very KIND and CHARITABLE of you, to dance with the "vacuum salesman."'

"But where he's concerned, you just massaged his already insatiable ego. It enters the room five minutes BEFORE he does..."

"...which makes ribbing him all the more fun! He's twisted...he can take alot of roasting from jokes. That makes him rather fun, to me!"

“Do I even WANT to know why you ‘named’ him ‘vacuum salesman’?”

:: Cass winked at the fire elemental. She had an IDEA of where Blaze had come up with THAT name. ::

“On second thought, please don’t say it. I don’t want to throw up in front of you two lovely ladies. I don’t need THAT particular mental image.”

Blaze said:
"And AVA! I'm sure you caused more than a stir with HER, playing with her BOY TOY!"

She laughed with Cass, playfully shaking a finger at her in a faux chastising way.

"But you know what? That's okay. Sometimes you HAVE to mix things up with Ava and challenge her a bit."

“I am STILL shocked that Ava even knows HOW to drive ‘stick shift’ considering she comes across as being uptight and crotchety.”

:: Cass bursts into fits of laughter. ::

Blaze said:
"Simon's no angel by any means...but he managed to attract Ava's attention in a BIG way, so that's intriguing. Still, if he's going to be "playing house" of any sort with OUR Ava, he better know that she's not by herself...we're around and we'll be WATCHING. "

"No, NOT the way ALISON "watches" people..."


Vivica said:
"Now, NOW...Simon Pratt used to work for me years ago at King Enterprises...for as cocky and arrogant as that man can be...there is something endearing and likeable about him. In fact...I had a few drinks with him last night before the event. He is one of the only people from that 'place' who came to me and said how bad he felt about how the PRESS treated me during that time...He's cocky for sure. But he really does have a good heart...which if you've ever met or HEARD of his parents?! Well, that's a feat in and of itself. His family rivals that of The Cassadines...except RICHER and farther reaching..."

“Well, I SUPPOSE we can take your word for it…”

:: She gave Vivica a teasing smile. Blaze mentioned Alison… ::

“Oh my gosh! BLAZE!”

:: She burst into another gale of laughter. ::

Vivica said:
"I always KNEW that Alison was kinky...Well, I hope you guys have given her some SPECTACULAR shows over the years! Cheers!"

:: Vivica clinked glasses with Blaze…leading Cass to wonder about the two women before her. Before she could muse further, the talk turned to Vivica’s art. ::

"I've always been a mixed media type of girl...though some of my favorite art comes from the very name of my gallery...Belle Epoque or 'The Beautiful Era' was a period of French and Belgium history. It started in the 1870's and went all the way through to the start of World War I in 1914...It was just a really peaceful and beautiful time...and a lot of artists like Matisse & Rousseau...even your friend 'Monet'. Much of this was the Impressionist period...and the birth of Art Noveau..it was an evolving time where things flourished....and when I came back to the states after my absence and bought the gallery space...I thought it was a beautiful name for the gallery..."

[taking a bite of melon]

"And of course, i'd love to have both of you there...Nicolas has already been a customer of my gallery, and put several of the pieces in Spectra Couture headquarters! Of course, he's already counting the chickens before they hatch and trying to set me up to be some kind of huge MOGUL or something...but his heart is in the right place and he has definitely been one of the more welcoming members of this team since i've returned...but don't forget...this dream is MINE...and i'll do with it as I see fit. I've been in the highpowered world of business nearly my entire professional life...I think there is something to be said for working less, living more and producing QUALITY work on a schedule that works for you."

“It’s a beautiful name for an art gallery. ‘The Beautiful Era’. I like it. I didn’t realize that that’s where some of Rousseau’s paintings originated, but now I can see. His paintings are beautiful. But, yeah, you have to do what YOUR heart wants. Nobody else can live your dream for you…but I am definitely interested in your gallery.”

:: On the topic of Cass’ name… ::

Blaze said:
"Maybe we should start calling you the Naughty little Sex Kitten! Hmmm?"

*jokingly*: “Now, how would YOU know, Blaze? I don’t recall ever seeing you in bed with me!”

:: She turned and made a giggly face at Vivica. ::

*teases*: “Have you noticed that sex is ALL she thinks about, Viv? What’s up with that?”

:: She winked first at Vivica and then she winked at Blaze. The subject of The Six came up… ::

Vivica said:
"Wow, Cass..you must have DEFINITELY not known you were walking to a hornet's nest like THAT! And on the topic of integrating yourself with The Six...trust me, I DEFINITELY understand how hard that can be. I didn't always act in the best way...up and down, emotional...all OVER the place..but soon you learn...sometimes through the help of a friend or two [looking at Blaze] that as soon as you are HONEST with how you feel..and start living AUTHENTICALLY...everything starts to fall into place..."

[on the topic of Alycia]

"And it's good for me to hear that Alycia has been of help to you. It lets me know that being an insufferable bitch isn't always her natural state..."

:: Cass nodded. She needed to hear that. ::

“Thanks for saying that, Viv. I really appreciate it.”

:: The topic of Alycia came up, and Cass laughed. ::

“Oh, trust me. There was a moment where I took things to far, and thought I had ROYALLY SCREWED UP, and I seriously thought she was going to send me through Morgan’s window. Don’t toe the line with an Amazon…” *quietly*: “…even if you’re almost suicidal.”

:: That was the first time she ever spoke of how she felt back then…that dark place she had somewhat cherished and relished, if only to protect herself from the hurt of others. ::

Blaze said:
"See, Viv? It's like I told you. There's always bitchcraft going on and nobody smoothly SAILS into the Six. Even *I* won't lie to you and say that. You DO have to pay your dues, as it were...but how HARD or difficult the process is really does depend on YOU. Cass was acting a little too constipated for my tastes earlier on...She's lightened up and opened up ALOT!"

:: Cass makes a face at the ‘constipated’ sentence. ::

“UGH, Blaze!”

Vivica said:
"Well, Cass...nobody understands feeling like an outsider with this group better than ME. If you ever need to talk or just grab a drink and bitch about everybody when you're in the city, you let me know! But I WILL say...that this group of people...as WHACKED out as they might be...are a good group of people to surround yourself with....so REMEMBER that..because it won't always be fun like this...it won't aways be bright lights and champagne brunches...There will be LOSS and SUFFERING and BLOOD spilled...and in THOSE moments...THAT is when you think of times like these...of WHAT you're fighting for..."

:: Cass laughed. ::

“I will DEFINITELY take you up on that offer!” *wickedly*: “It sounds like fun!”

:: She clinked glasses with Vivica and Blaze. The subject of Cameron came up. ::

Blaze said:
"Oh...he may well have been drunk!"

Snickering a bit.

"He TRIES to hang with me when it comes to drinking. Will he EVER learn? I will drink EVERYONE in the Six under the table!"

"Yes, our naughty little Cass was taken aback by Cameron. Can you imagine? "

Sticking her tongue out at Vivica and Cass.

"But once she saw how I managed to make him my play-thing often? I think that helped her loosen up."

“BLAZE! You make it sound as if I have a crush on him!”

:: She turned to Vivica. ::

“Don’t listen to her, she’s drunk. I do NOT have a crush on Cameron King.”

:: She rolled her eyes. ::

Vivica said:
"Cameron DEFINITELY only makes good impressions when it comes to board meetings and press conferences...in his personal LIFE?! He's a HOT mess...but nobody knows that man's heart quite like *I* do. He's one of the best guys there is..and looking at him NOW? I don't think i've seen somebody as GENUINE as he has been in a LONG time..."

Blaze said:
"Karen and Sharon are , of course, mother figures to most of the Six. Karen is the MATRIARCH of the Six. That's felt and understood by all of us, including Cass. Cam is more like a "big brother" to Cass- he can be snobby at times, overbearing at others...but he cares for her in a genuine way and there are times where he's quite playfull with her, if only to try to get her to loosen up. He's taken an active role in helping her to become more integrated in the group. Moreso than anyone expected he would. Part of that extends from his being a founding member of the Six. He really showed us all just how far he'd come when he help lead the group of us defending Minerva's Mansion during the Blue Moon caper. He's at a place now where he realizes that "seniority" is more than just a title, it carries weight & responsibility. He wants Cass to avoid many of the pitfalls all of us had before in this group because he's learned from his mistakes and he's seen how costly those mistakes can be for all of us."

"But if anybody ELSE was to try to harm Cass? You can bet Cameron and Nicolas would be right there to rip them apart, not that the REST of us wouldn't pile on."

Vivica said:
"I just NEVER thought i'd see the day where Cameron KING of all people would step up and take a LEADERSHIP role with this team. The way that boy has managed to survive what he HAS shows how much heart he has...and if there is ANYBODY that YOU Cass can learn from in the way of NOT making mistakes?! It's CAMERON...because he's made just about ALL of them..."

:: Cass watched Vivica intently. She could see the love and care she had for her friend and it made her smile. She knew that the BEST friendships were something to be treasured. She had had that with Ella, and she’s enjoying the same with both Bryan and hopefully Blaze. She hoped she could enjoy another close friendship with Vivica in the future. She really liked her. Despire her initial reaction to Blaze’s text, she was glad Blaze brought her along today. ::

:: Cass mentioned her make out session last night… ::

Blaze said:
Blaze sat up straight and feigned a look of utter dismay.

"....Cassie!?"

"Why you mischievious little HOOKER!?"

She smiled and again, squeezing Cass' thigh a bit as she laughed, knowing she had Cass worried there for a second but it was just a joke.

"I'm so excited for you! Do we need to have a "sex talk" before you go any further??"

Now laughing loudly as she leaned back and stretched

"But seriously, good for you! You're finally loosening up and LIVING life instead of just watching it or reacting to it!"

*teases*: “A ‘sex talk’? I shudder at what kind of talk YOU have planned!”

Vivica said:
"Seriously, Blaze! What do you DO to women? Is it your plan to TURN the whole island of Manhattan?"

:: Cass laughed as well and looked at Blaze, taking her hand and squeezing it. She had a mischievous smile on her face. ::

*teases*: “Looks like Viv’s figured YOU out!”

Vivica said:
She turned and looked at Cassandra.

"And don't be shy girl...you aren't the first to ever take a dip in the lady pond and you most CERTAINLY won't be the last. It's 2014! Who the hell CARES anymore?! I say more power to YOU! Just don't start wearing flannel and listening to KD Lang on us...I for one prefer my women a little more feminine and flirty!"

She gave Blaze a flirty wink and blew her an air kiss.

*happily*: “AMEN! And don’t worry, I won’t be wearing FLANNEL any time soon!”

Yep. I knew it. They’re together.

:: Cass DID have feelings for Blaze, but she’d keep them under wraps out of respect for Vivica, as well as her blossoming friendships with both HER and Blaze. She turned to look at Vivica and noticed Dominique and Nicolas across the way. She would've waved at them, but they seemed to be deep in conversation. She looked at Vivica. ::

Vivica said:
"Well! These mimosas seem to be just dissappearing from right in front of me! What is a girl to do?!"

“Well, order some more, girl! I’d like to announce a toast to the best friendships and also to NEW ones as well!”
 
Nicolas watched Dominique's reactions to what he said VERY CLOSELY. She was happy that he supported her, but he also sensed...relief? This got Nicolas' attention.

Taking another drink and then softening her facial expression as she looked upon Nicolas, changing the subject.::

You've been here for several days now with your companions. Are you all considering a return to the east coast?

I think that it might be time to see more of the Eastern Seaboard, and I think that I am not alone. Cameron has been working hard to gather us together. And now that you are cryptically talking about something happening I plan to be here a LOT mo-

:: Glancing beyond Nicolas for a moment, she looks at Blaze, Vivica and Cass, who are seated several platforms away. She notices that Vivica was looking toward THEM::

That girl with the others...she was at the party for Blaze last night. Just WHO is she?

Oh! That is Vivica Lennox. She is an old friend of Cam's. Metahuman. Photographic memory and reflexes. Fine as hell. And now, and artist in the city. If you will accompany me, she will have an opening very soon. I expect it to be very nice. And what? Was she having a peek over here?

Nicolas laughed a bit under his breath.

She is good people Aunt D. Nothing to worry about with her. Lots of fun.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top