Homosexuality

FtpIt said:
How come you don't like licking pussy...lol

LOL! I was like shocked at that comment..

For me.. Been there, done that.. don't know if I will want to take a trip to P Town again but hey I always said I would NEVER go down so I guess I just change from person to person lol!

I agree about that Sexuality is a spectrum.. I used to be a really confused kid when I was growing up. I was raised by all women who had been scorned by men so there was seriously NEVER a man while I was growing up in my house... So I never learned guy things like trucks and sports and all that.. I just knew about girl things and what girls did.. So when I was in junior high there was a LONG time when I thought I was gay.. I thought girls were attractive but I found guys attractive as well.. I just didn't know what was WRONG with me..

That was always a problem for me in highschool was that since I was always surrounded by girls I was more feminine then most guys and since I had a lot of female and gay friends people always thought I was gay lol.. Don't know why.. But when I finally started dating a girl I just knew deep down that it felt right and as I have grown up more and gotten alot more independent life, I have become a lot less confused..

I am a pretty open person though.. I think I would pretty much try anything once and I have made out with a guy before, I know it sounds weird lol, but I was at a party and we were playing spin the bottle lol and I was with a lot of my straight and gay friends and low and behold one of my gay friends lands it on me.. I didn't want to seem like some bigot and be like "I am NOT kissing you!" when they had been my friends for years.. So I took a deep breath and went for it lol.. I got SLIGHTLY uncomfortable when the tongue became involved but it was an interesting thing I will never forget.. It was basically like kissing a girl with slightly drier lips lol...

But anyway.. I classify myself as a Straight guy who isn't afraid to experiment ;)
 
Good for you Brandon. I'm so glad you can be open with all of us. ;) Most guys would be throwing that in their closet and locking it up. lol
 
Osiris said:
For the record, there are sisters with green eyes, I have family members with green eyes....

Are there:eek: when did this happen!
proxy.php
 
I have absolutely no problem with other individuals’ sexual origination. Some people, such as myself, tend to not judge others’ characters by preferences of sexuality or religion, or by race, culture, background, skin color…and so on. I believe that each living being is given certain choices and privileges that NO ONE can take away. On the other hand, many times when a person is a homosexual or a bisexual they feel this way not by discussion, but by nature.

I am a lesbian and I am proud. Except for the one about only lesbian girls liking comic books [which is a complete untruth], I fit not one of the ‘lesbian’ stereotypes. I became a lesbian not as a result of extreme liking toward the same sex, but because of my EXTREME DISliking toward the opposite. I, being a young woman, do not find myself sexually attracted to anyone once so ever. When I do decide to peruse a relationship of that kind, I can see my chances of falling in love with a woman greater than ever being able to feel love and comfort from and toward a man.

If anyone says that I am too young too post here I will become angry…

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I second Shockwave's statement, Brandon! I am very glad that you were able to explore yourself and your sexuality to sort out your feelings. it can be a SCAREY thing for someone to face that kind of thing in themself ...being that we live in a country that is so unfair and unkind to gays and lesbians....and for a young man to be working through his sexuality like that...well like sam said...MOST men would just throw it far back into the closet and repress it rather than face it and work through it.

whoever you are...you be it and be it unashamed. Sexuality is something evolves and changes just as the rest of our being does.


Marla, honey RELAX! ;) if you have something to say about any given topic, you're welcomed to post ANYWHERE on this board. I invited you here personally so that you would have a place to convey your thoughts and NOT go through what you went through on MD.
 
Well thanks for the comments lol :)

And Marie, if you want to be a Lesbian go ahead and be one! Just don't hook up with that STD Factory HEATHER! but anway ;)

I think this is a great topic for debate and I am glad everyone is being so open.. I personally wouldn't give up on the Opposite Sex because of past bad experiences.. Marie You are YOUNG but that is a good thing.. You have plenty of years ahead of you to find out what you want. I mean there are some times when I still look at myself in the mirror and be like "What if I am gay?" or "What would people say?" but you know what.. it doesn't matter WHAT people think of things you have done as long as you are happy with you... there are probably PLENTY of people in my hometown who think I am gay, but I don't give a fuck lol.. If I decide five years down the line to date a guy, then I am going to do regardless of what people think.. I am sorry but I am the first to admit that I am completely NOT a guys' guys as I am sure most of you all have noticed.. I don't give into the macho man standards that society pushes on today's youth.. I think it is so disrespectful to watch a girl walk by and then when she is out of ear shot be like "look at the tits on that broad" or "I'd like to hit that shit!" .. I mean seriously.. how about just going up and saying "Hi, my name is ____. How are you today?" or "Let me get the door for you.." I have always been like that. I don't know about cars, I don't know about motorcycles or ANYTHING like that, but that doesn't NOT make me a MAN. I am a guy who RESPECTS women for the GODDESSES that they are and someone who when I have a family WILL BE THERE for them no matter WHAT. I am a man who is from generations of STRONG women. I want to be a provider and a protector of my family and to me.. THAT IS A MAN! It's not how much PUSSY I got in a weekend or how fast I can fix a truck because at the end of the day all a woman wants is to know she is loved and protected..

Okay.. Whoah I had a little rant going on there lol...

But my view on Sexuality is that there are SO many men out there who have been told their whole lives to be a GUY's GUY and to puff their chest everytime they get pissed off and to get as many girls as possible, but to defame any girl who is sexually empowered and it is just retarded because NOBODY is 100 percent straight or gay.. My friend's dad is a College Professor of Psychology at Chico State and he was talking to me about this saying that if we were on a scale with one end straight and the other end gay that NOBODY would be on either end, that everwhere would be somewhere in the middle. We are primarily attracted to looks but if you strip away ways to identify from male and female then we are all just human beings and then humans would fall in love with humans.
 
As for this guy, i'm straight and loving it. Havn't had a serious thought about some attraction to a guy, despite like J Soul, dealing with people thinking i'm gay or something because of my relations with women. For me, there are just too many gorgeous women in the world to even consider the notion of anything else. Growing up, most of the problems i've had have come from other black people just for being me, and i tend to just go where i'm wanted and be myself no matter what, which has led me to have mostly white and other races as friends, with a few black friends somewhere in there. I've never been 'black enough' to be around most that i've come across through school, and even here in college. That being said, my preference in women although it spans all races on this lovely planet, tends to go a bit towards white women.

As for views on sexuality..i think sexuality is just another aspect of who you are, no matter what may be. From straight, bi, gay..and other things.. it's determined by you. Now, of course, it can be greatly swayed in one way or another by outside factors. Upbringing, personal experiences, interactions with others and their preferences, etc. But overall, i believe that love is something that should sought after for whatever your preference may be, and everyone who treats people decently deserves to have that closeness with someone their attracted to, male or female. Besides, that's their life, and not mine. Why am I gonna be bugging over that? Got better things to do.

Alright. I'm hungry, and wanna get some food, so i'm through talking and out of here. And as a couple of people here know, i'm literally a human garbage disposal that must be fed frequently. Later.
 
I'm straight but I have no problem showing affection for my fellow tripods. I've even danced with a gay man at a gay bar before and I can securely say that I wasn't drunk and I was well-aware of what I was doing. For some reason it's never really bothered me.

I find that a lot of straight men who have problems with gay men think all gay men are out to sleep with them. Aside from being an egotistical point of view, it's just plain silly.

On more than one occasion I've spoken to straight friends of mine and there's a general concensus that you can love another man to the same degree that you love a woman. You just can't get past the fact it's in no way shape or form appealing to think of yourself with that man physically.

I love all types of women, though I tend to prefer brunettes. Maybe I'll get lucky and find myself a nice latin girl, though I doubt that'll happen up here in the usually-frozen north.
 
Mat, that's hot. Open-minded men are such a find! ;) At least down here they are. Most of the guys I know are stereotypical beer-swilling, Pro-football watching, John Deere-owning, uptight, homophobic Bubbas. That's (part of the reasons) why I'm dating the guy I'm dating. He's not like that (well, beer and football aside. He's not a homophobe anyway). And apparently, neither are the guys around here at Screen-gems. Why do you think that is? Do open-minded people gravitate towards message boards? No, cause I've met some crazy people online...Could just be THIS board, lol.

Anyway, is it just me or is it easier for a woman to be open about her sex life with her gay friends, whether they are male or female? I know I am. I noticed this the other day when I was out buying condoms. Usually I make Jim purchase them while I wander throught the makeup section, but when I saw that my friend Ley, a gay man, was the cashier, I rushed to the counter with Jim. And I have had more open conversations about say...oral sex with friends like Thea (a lesbian friend) or Ley than I ever have had with my closest girlfriend, Ashley. She and I tend to talk about the 'dating' aspect of dating rather than the sex aspect. You know, whether a guy is worth it, crappy things they do, what have you. A little strange. Do y'all think it's just me, or have other people experienced this too?
 
I enjoy the best of both worlds, I guess you could say, though recently women have begun to disgust me. Whatever. It hasn't been as much of a big deal for me, but in high school the whole sexualty stigma has made it difficult for me to truly be myself.
 
Mat said:
I'm straight but I have no problem showing affection for my fellow tripods. I've even danced with a gay man at a gay bar before and I can securely say that I wasn't drunk and I was well-aware of what I was doing. For some reason it's never really bothered me.

I find that a lot of straight men who have problems with gay men think all gay men are out to sleep with them. Aside from being an egotistical point of view, it's just plain silly.

On more than one occasion I've spoken to straight friends of mine and there's a general concensus that you can love another man to the same degree that you love a woman. You just can't get past the fact it's in no way shape or form appealing to think of yourself with that man physically.

I love all types of women, though I tend to prefer brunettes. Maybe I'll get lucky and find myself a nice latin girl, though I doubt that'll happen up here in the usually-frozen north.

Mat, Anchovy is right...THAT IS HOT! :nod: an open minded man is a SEXY MAN....a man who is confident and secure....and able to do whatever he wants without thinking its an automatic threat to his masculinity...good for you!
 
I'm just curious..... in my church and all all we use is the "King James Version" of the bible.... we don't have any of the bibles that have been screwed around with by modern publishers adding their own things into their so called "transulation". Is there a mention of homesexuality in the King James Version of the bibe.... which experts agree is the closest thing to the original bible transulated into english? I've seen people quote things out of the modern bibles but those are interperted and put into modern speak and deviate far from the King James Version, let alone the original.
 
Translation, smaslation, the greek and hebrew texts say the same things as the English texts. Those who argue mis translation do so in vain. However, here are the biblical scriptures on homosexuality. Remember the word homosexuality wasn't around when a lot of the writings of antiquity were written . . therefore it's made plane as this. A lot of folks on here don't believe the bible anyway, so I usually stray for posting scripture, but not this case.

Also, one more thing, So many people are against gay marriage, so many people are having their voices ignored. I wonder why is that?

OLD TESTAMENT

LEVITICUS CHAPTER 18 VERSE 22

Le 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

LEVETICUS CHAPTER 20 VERSE 13

Le 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I KINGS CHAPTER 14 VERSES 22-24

1Ki 14:22 And Judah did evil in the sight of the Lord, and they provoked him to jealousy with their sins which they had committed, above all that their fathers had done.

1Ki 14:23 For they also built them high places, and images, and groves, on every high hill, and under every green tree.

1Ki 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the Lord cast out before the children of Israel.

I KINGS CHAPTER 15 VERSES 11-12

1Ki 15:11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord, as did David his father.

1Ki 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

I KINGS CHAPTER 22 VERSES 45-46

1Ki 22:45 Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, and his might that he shewed, and how he warred, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?

1Ki 22:46 And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land.

II KINGS CHAPER 23 VERSES 6-7

2Ki 23:6 And he brought out the grove from the house of the Lord, without Jerusalem, unto the brook Kidron, and burned it at the brook Kidron, and stamped it small to powder, and cast the powder thereof upon the graves of the children of the people.

2Ki 23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the Lord, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

ISAIAH CHAPTER 4 VERSE 1 (THEY WERE LESBIANS)

Is 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

JESUS DEFINES MARRIAGE (ST. MATTHEW CHAPTER 19: VERSES 4-6

Mt 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mt 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

ROMANS CHAPTER 1 VERSES 24-31

Ro 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Ro 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Ro 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Ro 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Ro 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Ro 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Ro 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

I CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 6 VERSES 9-10

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
 
ZorCrow said:
Translation, smaslation, ......


Ask any researcher, statistician, scientist, etc. and they will tell you that transulation is a very imporant factor when going from one language to another and from one culture to another.
I suppose I've just about lost every bit of faith I had in the bible as I went through college..... I was raised in church and brought up Baptist (my hometown was like in the center of the bible belt)..... but it just seems like I don't agree with most organized religions now-a-days. "Spiritual but not religious" I suppose is the best term that can apply to me.... :sad:
 
an
Dapper Dan said:
Ask any researcher, statistician, scientist, etc. and they will tell you that transulation is a very imporant factor when going from one language to another and from one culture to another.
I suppose I've just about lost every bit of faith I had in the bible as I went through college..... I was raised in church and brought up Baptist (my hometown was like in the center of the bible belt)..... but it just seems like I don't agree with most organized religions now-a-days. "Spiritual but not religious" I suppose is the best term that can apply to me.... :sad:

Dan, I am going to recommend the following book. It deals with everything from questions about the history of the bible and translations, to alleged bible contradiction and errors. I have the book and it's brilliant. It's a short book and easy read, you are a smart guy you can handle it.

For Christians and Non Christians, Athiests, for folks who believe the bible to the the infallible word of GOD (like me) and for those who think it's nothing more than fiction . . . this is a good book about the Bible and the Christian faith . .

Who Made God? And Answers to Over 100 Other Tough Questions of Faith - Editor: Ravi Zacharias, Norman L. Geisler By: Ravi Zacharias


Who Made God? And Answers to Over 100 Other Tough Questions of Faith
Editor: Ravi Zacharias, Norman L. Geisler
By: Ravi Zacharias


.

More Details about Who Made God? And Answers to Over 100 Other Tough Questions of Faith

proxy.php
proxy.php

Excerpt Excerpt Excerpt


New Back Easyfind

Description: In the quest for truth, you need to know what you believe and why you believe it. Who Made God? offers answers to over 100 commonly asked apologetic questions. Edited by Ravi Zacharias along with Norman L. Geisler, this single volume summary of answers brings together the best in evangelical apologists to equip Christians with biblical and practical answers regarding the Christian faith. Part one answers questions such as: Who made God? How can there be three persons in one God? What is God's ultimate purpose in allowing evil? Does the Bible have errors in it? Part two answers tough questions about other faiths including Islam, Mormonism, Yoga, Reincarnation, and Hinduism. A comprehensive list of suggested resources help you dig deeper so you can be prepared to give careful answers that explain the reasons for your faith.

You can get it from www.amazon.com and bookstores and the like.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well Zorcrow I am sorry but if you believe the damn Bible on everything it says than you are PRO Slavery ANTI Women and pretty much ANTI everything.

When Slavery was Condemned They used the Authority of Aristotle to show that Slavery was part of Natural Law. The Bible was QUOTED to show that slavery was divinely ordained and approved.

When Women wanted the right to vote they tried to show that Women being allowed in politics was unnatural and In FACT, the one of the Congregation of Minisisters in.. Massachusets I believe even said the following:

"The appropriate duties and influence of woman are stated in the New Testament. . . . The power of woman is in her dependence, flowing from the consciousness of the weakness which God has given her for her protection. . . . When she assumes the place and tone of man as a public reformer . . . she yields the power which God has given her . . . and her character becomes unnatural..."

And When the Legal Segregation of Races was trying to stop. They thought it was unnatural AGAIN for races to mix, They used the BIBLE and Nature to prove their point saying things like Bluejays and Robins don't mix to produce new birds, so people of different races should follow the same example.

NOW, Nearly ALL Americans believe that Slavery, Segregation and denying Women's Suffrage were not good for our people! That is why you don't see anybody who wants to be taken SERIOUSLY takes quotes from the Bible on the defense of Slavery, Racial Segregation or Women's Rights.

You can't look at those things listed above and treat them differently from Homosexuality. They are all rooted in OPRESSION! Slavery and Segregation of African American People as well as people from other races, the defaming of Women and the Persecution of Homosexuals all deny dignity, equality and the rights of human beings on a basis that has no fact or moral reasoning.

AND According to Paul, I don't even remember the verse or whatever but Everything is permitted as long as it causes no harm or is helpful. Even if Paul defames Homosexuality he can't say what he just said above and them DEFAME...

I am sorry but the above all thing of God is that we are all loving and all giving. You cannot "Honor thy Father" if your father is gay? That is a little contradictory..

So before you start brining the BIBLE into this to say that being GAY is a Sin, you must look at all the other things the bible claims is wrong.. you can't pick and CHOOSE from the Bible if you are going to use it to defend ONE of your own personal beliefs, it doesn't work that way.
 
Actually Erika King, as much as you made that argument you are only telling HALF of history and half the fact. Being black, I can tell you even though some folks misused the gospel to justify slavery, many folks, and many Christians that you probably have never heard of actually used the bible and preached AGAINST SLAVERY . . .

However, folks are not taught that . . . many slaves saw the bible and read it to understand and learn that they were Children of GOD and not animals. When you quote history, especially black history (since I am black) make sure you tell the whole story, not just the fraction that supports your argument.

Also, you arguments about the bible show your lack of understanding of scripture
Honor thy Father and Mother means respect your parents, you can respect someone and actually not agree with how they live. I know many Christians whose parents are Agnostic and Athiests, they dont' agree with thier beliefs but they still show them honor and respect.

Get real . . . also, the question posed in this forum was not about SIN in general it was about IS HOMOSEXUALITY A SIN . . . and according to the bible it is. Stop trying to spin the subject away from the matter at hand.
 
But Zorcrow, yet again you talk about the Bible Preaching AGAINST Slavery..

The Bible also preaches FOR people being not judgemental and for people to be ALL loving..

And no matter what you say, you cannot RESPECT someone who you believe is committing a SIN, no matter how you slice, you still look at them and pass judgement on them, if you wouldn't have passed judgement, then it wouldn't be an issue on whether or not you agree with their lifestyle because it wouldn't be YOUR place to agree with them or not...

So, how can you sit there and SAY that the bible was Contradictory against Slavery and Segregation but NOT homosexuality? That seems a TAD short sighted to me?
 
I've had this argument with my parents about a million times over, and it always ends up the same way:

When all of their stereotypes and misconceptions are thrown out the window, their final defense is that homosexuality is "unnatural". What is "unnatural?" What abides to nature?

Is it that men aren't suited to have sex with other men? Anatomy would say otherwise, but I'll spare the details because I don't think it's necessary.

Is it that homosexuals cannot bear children? Well, what would that make those who are disabled or physically incapable of bearing..are they a sin unto themselves because their bodies came with flaws?

Trying to preach the "natural" argument is dangerous, and, I promise you, as a person who's invested countless hours to debating every taboo topic out there, it won't get you ANYWHERE. Even when we're talking about religious matters.
 
Back
Top